[Update] MiniSE 1.3 *Search Feature Include*

amster

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MRCHDG:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lofotr:

If you click on the OPT button, you can change colors on attribute panel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing happens. The button doesn't react. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The color button is not activated for the moment, i need to finish it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm, when I click on OPT button it show attributes panel. I untick Color and it all turns to be grey so it is easier for me to see.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brouwerke:

That's not a search function but rather a turn-my-HD-upsidedown

7 minutes to search for players with a PA between 185-200. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps you have all the leagues in the world loaded. Its a quick 1 to 2 seconds search on a large england db here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jesse:

i think a good thing to include if it is possible would be to be able to see if a player would sign for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To do that, the program would need to calculate a lot of variable.. your team rep vs his team rep, his rep vs his team rep and a whole lot more I believe.

Also, to those that have problem with large searching period, I'm playing with 21 leagues in my 3 years old computer and I hardly have to wait more then 5 seconds to search a player. So, I really confused how you could say its a long wait

Guest MidlifeManiac

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liamstar:

i get an error message saying...

this software requires administrative privelidges to run.

what do i need to do to fix this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right click on the programs icon at the bottom of the window that opens you'll see properties open that, then open the tab "compatibility". At the bottom of the window under Privilege level tick "Run as an administrator". It then should run ok.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SSGTroyer:

Are you looking at a player profile?

MiniSE only works when you're looking at a player's profile page (or so I remember being told in this thread...). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have tried that too now, but it doesn t work. What patch should i have? I have a 8.0.1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lofotr:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MRCHDG:

If you click on the OPT button, you can change colors on attribute panel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing happens. The button doesn't react. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The color button is not activated for the moment, i need to finish it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm, when I click on OPT button it show attributes panel. I untick Color and it all turns to be grey so it is easier for me to see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but that doesn't make things better. It's still unreadable, maybe barely readable. I think the word would be guessable.

It would be much better to use font size, colors and background that works better also for people without top quality eyesight.

Light grey on a grey background is a poor choice really. The orange is the only color i can make some out. Ligth green and light blue - not a chance.

29/11:Working on the next update

I lack free time at the moment and i am a little bit tired out so i don't know when the next update will be released. It could be in 3 days,two weeks or a month.

On my working list:

- Staff filter

- Filter by club

- Filter by nationality

- Rating column

- Wage column

- Add a context menu to copy the list view selection

- Finish the color buton

- Manual edit for the attributes panel

- Move a player from a club to another

http://mxamster.googlepages.com/

I am waiting icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konnan511:

The searching option only takes 3-5 seconds for me and I don't have a blazer of a Laptop, so are you guys saying 5 seconds is painfully slow? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

5 seconds? I'm talking about one green bar fills up every 5 minutes type slow. I don't understand it really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konnan511:

Just a thought, maybe this wondrous program only works with a certain version of the latest patch, or maybe it doesn't work with people who have a cracked/pirated game?

Also Amster I think the relatively small size of the application is great, because it is easy to put it to one side of the screen if you are running in windowed mode, so any future plans to enlarging the main panel should be discourage :-p, unless of course you made a check box where the program doubles in size for those who do want it larger.

I personally am 100% satisfied when you made Mini able to change the PA and CA, everything after that has been a blessing, I really hope everyone is appreciating all the efforts you are putting into this.

From the States

In Hoc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, thanks Konnan i appreciate your support since the beginning of this project. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brouwerke:

That's not a search function but rather a turn-my-HD-upsidedown

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much memory is left before you start the search? A 45k player database need 30mb free + 15 for the program.

On XP personally it takes me 20 seconds to list 45k players and less than five seconds if i set a filter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ezamudin:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cin-cout:

great update icon14.gif

I still get the following error everytime I click continue ingame though.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

at h.a(IntPtr A_0, UInt32 A_1, Int32& A_2)

at i.i(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.312 (rtmLHS.050727-3100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

MiniSE_1.3

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.3.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dapa/Desktop/MiniSE_1.3.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reinstall .NET framework. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By Reinstalling the .net framework..

will it solve the problem stated above?

thanks

Hya Amster,

I would like to echo everyones congratulations. This is a great tool.

What I like about it best (and better than Genies/Nygreens Scout)is that you can still use the in-game scouting to find players for you at which point you can run your own assessment on them (through MiniSE). It feels less like cheating and more like what a manager would do upon finding a player.

The ability of the program to be tucked away in the game screen is perhaps its biggest advantage too as you don't have to keep flipping in and out of te game. I would therefore support the view to keep it small - or even smaller.

I must say though I haven't downloaded the version where PA/CA can be changed....too tempting. icon_biggrin.gif

Well done son....Brilliant icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vrey:

Originally posted by ezamudin:
Originally posted by Cin-cout:

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, does it happen every time you click continue?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arfer:

Hya Amster,

I would like to echo everyones congratulations. This is a great tool.

What I like about it best (and better than Genies/Nygreens Scout)is that you can still use the in-game scouting to find players for you at which point you can run your own assessment on them (through MiniSE). It feels less like cheating and more like what a manager would do upon finding a player.

The ability of the program to be tucked away in the game screen is perhaps its biggest advantage too as you don't have to keep flipping in and out of te game. I would therefore support the view to keep it small - or even smaller.

I must say though I haven't downloaded the version where PA/CA can be changed....too tempting. icon_biggrin.gif

Well done son....Brilliant icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, thanks icon_smile.gif Yes the main panel will get smaller, i will remove the status bar and the buttons and put a menu instead.

• SI Staff

Hi amster,

I have a strange reuqest for you. Is it possible you could implement a way of changing the job of manager?

In an old version of FM you could change your contract details, job and club. This was handy for generating players. If a nation was unmanageable, I could change my club to a random team in the unmanageable country and offer the grey players a new contract then changed back to my real club. The players would then sign the contracts and the nation would be manageable.

Also when you change your job from manager to something else.. you can't be sacked which is good. icon_smile.gif

Ok.. officially you are sacked.. but you are still in control of the teams affairs, even when they appoint a new manager.. If you do badly.. then they will sack that manager icon_wink.gif I have had good fun with this icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vrey:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes

it always happen every time i click continue

right now i'm using .net framework 3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sheff:

Any chance of this being made open source? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only program/code that needs to be given as an open source, is the program of genie scout.

I think genie is real stuck at the moment and the weird thing is: no respons from him for a week.

Amster keep up the good work. I think you proved yourself with this program and with your program i don't even need FMScout anymore.

Cheers m8 icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quintano:

program/code that needs to be given as an open source, is the program of genie scout. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Genie is using source code that Michael Nygreen has given him, and the source code for Nygreen's last editor (for FM2005) is apparently still available on his site... so whoever's interested could probably use that and go from there.

Amster

If you want this program to completely eliminate the need for Genie Scout and thereby give yourself a monopoly in FM Scouting there are 2 things you should add in a future version.

1) Have a calculation thing for each position. Like the Genie ratings. You can easily get the values Genie uses from FM Scout 2007 by going to Rating -> Edit player ratings. So the you can have like 67.58% AM and those things.

2) More search criteria. Expand the different search filters so you can search many different things like in Genie Scout. Also make it possible to view different columns.

Anyway thanks for this great program. Been using it since you first released it. Keep up the good work!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mravac Kid:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quintano:

program/code that needs to be given as an open source, is the program of genie scout. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Genie is using source code that Michael Nygreen has given him, and the source code for Nygreen's last editor (for FM2005) is apparently still available on his site... so whoever's interested could probably use that and go from there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The source on his site is from the last CM Scout. No FM Scout source is available. However the save game format hasn't changed dramatically over the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cpfc207:

Amster, out of interest, what is going into your next version?

Will it be possible to include a club search in a new version of MiniSE?

Great work so far icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes club search will be possible

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blue Lou:

Hi amster,

I have a strange reuqest for you. Is it possible you could implement a way of changing the job of manager?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know if it's possible but i think FMM would be the best tool to do that. icon_wink.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes

right now i'm using .net framework 3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right away after you click or after some time?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sheff:

Any chance of this being made open source? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will go open source the day i stop updating.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

Amster

If you want this program to completely eliminate the need for Genie Scout and thereby give yourself a monopoly in FM Scouting there are 2 things you should add in a future version.

1) Have a calculation thing for each position. Like the Genie ratings. You can easily get the values Genie uses from FM Scout 2007 by going to Rating -> Edit player ratings. So the you can have like 67.58% AM and those things.

2) More search criteria. Expand the different search filters so you can search many different things like in Genie Scout. Also make it possible to view different columns.

Anyway thanks for this great program. Been using it since you first released it. Keep up the good work! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it's planned also an other panel i think lot of you will enjoy, maybe icon_smile.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes

right now i'm using .net framework 3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right away after you click or after some time?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes it happened right away after i load the game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by celtcolm1:

I finally seemed to get it to start working.

Problem is, that when I search for, say, 180-200 PA, when the green bar fills it finds no players at all.

Can anyone over any help? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I had this problem and it turned out that I didn't have the correct patch applied.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard76:

I was playing about with this last night.

I managed to change one of my players stats.

I want them back to how they were before, is there any way I can do this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, play around with it again and change them back.

I don't suppose there's a version that works for the 1st beta patch is there?

I know alot of people are using this patch, and at the moment we have to use FMM to check ability, which its not ideally suited for.

Any chance the 1st and 2nd betas could be supported?

Archived