[FM10] The Argentinian adventure

knutmoen

Hi!

Just wanted to post a small story about my save. I have, for the first time, tried to play in the argentinian league. I have to say that im surprised. I now understand why they say that the argentinian league is one of the best.

I started out unemployed as a former professinal player. I applied for many of the avalable jobs. I ended up in Belgrano de Cordoba in the argentinian second level. I knew nothing about this club and the league, but i found out that belgrano was one of the better teams there. The problem was the finances. No transfer funds was available, and the wage funds were not that impressive either. So basically, i had to use the players who where already there, and sign people on free transfer. The free transfer market is one of the areas where the argentinian league has surprised me the most. There are a lot of good players available for signing. I was able to sign 3-4 really good players from free transfer.

OK, so i started out being a candidate for promotion. I ended up with a 4-4-2 diamond.

My star players was:

Juan Carlos Olave: 33 years old argentinian keeper

Juan alejandro Mahecha: 22 year old columbian winger

Matias Manrique: 28 years old argentinian central defender

Cesar Pereyra: 27 years old argentinian striker

The first season was excellent. I had no problem gaining promotion. Adding the opening and closing league, i won by 9 points with somewhere near 2.7 points in average per game.

OK, so far so good. I was brimming with confidence. Then i lost 7 of my best players. The club was still very poor, and i couldn't afford the sign-on bonuses the players wanted to renew their contracts. Among the players i mentioned above, only Manrique was left. Having no transfer fund, I was once again forced to sign free transfer players.

I managed to sign, among others:

Juan Maldonado: 23 year old argentinian winger

Luis Miguel Escalada: 24 year old argentinian attacking midfielder

Christian Gomez: 35 year old argentinian attacking midfielder

Sebastian Nayar: 22 year old argentinian defensive midfielder

Luis Miguel Escalada and Juan Maldonado are the two most important players for me now. They were real bargains.

In the second season, the first in the premier division, everybody expected me to go straight back down. The goal for the team was set to avoiding relegation. The difference between the second division and the premier division was no doubt large. Now, i had to play against teams like: Estudiantes, River plate, Boca juniors, Argentinos and Independiente.

My team showed up being good against better teams. So we managed to win and play draws against many of the league favorites. The problem was that we played bad against equal or lesser teams. To summarize the second season, we ended up in 10th place of 20 teams, which was above all expectations. So, know i have signed a new contract and the board and fans are delighted. I got some job offers elsewhere, but i enjoy the argentinian league and Belgrano so much, that i can't leave it yet.

Now, i have started to third season. 3-2 at home vs Estudiantes, 2-0 away against Chacarita and 2-1 home against Atletico du tucuman. I would say that's a very good start.

That's all for now. I'm gonna give an update, hopefully with some screenshots and team overviews later.

Welcome to the forums Knutmoen and especially the Careers Update forum :thup:.

Congrats on taking the plunge into an unknown country and league. I find it one of the most interesting things on FM as it gives me a chance to learn about leagues I previously knew nothing about.

I had a great save on FM08 in the Argentinian leagues with Sarmiento de Junin, I hope you have a similar experience. Good luck with Belgrano :thup:.

Welcome from me also Knutmoen. I've been playing in the Argentinian league on FM10 for the first time as well and it's been good fun. :) Some great young players out there if you can get them!

Have you just got the Argentinian league loaded or are you planning to play in any others as well?

Welcome from me also Knutmoen. I've been playing in the Argentinian league on FM10 for the first time as well and it's been good fun. :) Some great young players out there if you can get them!

Have you just got the Argentinian league loaded or are you planning to play in any others as well?

Yeah, i deeply recommend the argentinian league. It's really fun.

I like to keep my options open, so i have 15 nations loaded. I think it makes the whole thing a bit more realistic if im able to take jobs in other countries. So far, i have turned down all approaches, but in a season or two i might change club.

I loaded the Argentinian leagues in my current save and spent about 4 or 5 seasons there earlier in the save and it was good fun, although I know what you mean about the gap between the Second division and the Premier division. I took over San Martin (T) and whilst promotion was relatively easy, relegation was almost inevitable. Stick at it though and it is a rewarding league, and interesting to play with the average points system.

Hi!

Just wanted to post a small story about my save. I have, for the first time, tried to play in the argentinian league. I have to say that im surprised. I now understand why they say that the argentinian league is one of the best.

I started out unemployed as a former professinal player. I applied for many of the avalable jobs. I ended up in Belgrano de Cordoba in the argentinian second level. I knew nothing about this club and the league, but i found out that belgrano was one of the better teams there. The problem was the finances. No transfer funds was available, and the wage funds were not that impressive either. So basically, i had to use the players who where already there, and sign people on free transfer. The free transfer market is one of the areas where the argentinian league has surprised me the most. There are a lot of good players available for signing. I was able to sign 3-4 really good players from free transfer.

OK, so i started out being a candidate for promotion. I ended up with a 4-4-2 diamond.

My star players was:

Juan Carlos Olave: 33 years old argentinian keeper

Juan alejandro Mahecha: 22 year old columbian winger

Matias Manrique: 28 years old argentinian central defender

Cesar Pereyra: 27 years old argentinian striker

The first season was excellent. I had no problem gaining promotion. Adding the opening and closing league, i won by 9 points with somewhere near 2.7 points in average per game.

OK, so far so good. I was brimming with confidence. Then i lost 7 of my best players. The club was still very poor, and i couldn't afford the sign-on bonuses the players wanted to renew their contracts. Among the players i mentioned above, only Manrique was left. Having no transfer fund, I was once again forced to sign free transfer players.

I managed to sign, among others:

Juan Maldonado: 23 year old argentinian winger

Luis Miguel Escalada: 24 year old argentinian attacking midfielder

Christian Gomez: 35 year old argentinian attacking midfielder

Sebastian Nayar: 22 year old argentinian defensive midfielder

Luis Miguel Escalada and Juan Maldonado are the two most important players for me now. They were real bargains.

In the second season, the first in the premier division, everybody expected me to go straight back down. The goal for the team was set to avoiding relegation. The difference between the second division and the premier division was no doubt large. Now, i had to play against teams like: Estudiantes, River plate, Boca juniors, Argentinos and Independiente.

My team showed up being good against better teams. So we managed to win and play draws against many of the league favorites. The problem was that we played bad against equal or lesser teams. To summarize the second season, we ended up in 10th place of 20 teams, which was above all expectations. So, know i have signed a new contract and the board and fans are delighted. I got some job offers elsewhere, but i enjoy the argentinian league and Belgrano so much, that i can't leave it yet.

Now, i have started to third season. 3-2 at home vs Estudiantes, 2-0 away against Chacarita and 2-1 home against Atletico du tucuman. I would say that's a very good start.

That's all for now. I'm gonna give an update, hopefully with some screenshots and team overviews later.

database:

- large

- playable nations: Belgium, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Norway, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Wales, Argentina, Brazil

Club: Belgrano de Cordoba

- Finances: okay

- Value: 12M

- Stadium: Olimpico de Cordoba (46083)

- Training facilities: Average

- Media prediction: 1st

- Transfer budget: £121,212

- wage budget: £4.756

OK, a small update.

I'm nine matches into the third season.

http://www.knutmsalo.net/FootballManager/Argentine%20Premier%20Division%205-oct-2011.html

This is the standings now. I'm in fourth place, having won 5, played 3 draws and lost 1 match.

Victories:

1-0 home against Union

4-1 home against Newell's

2-1 home against atletico de Tucuman

2-0 away against Chacarita

3-2 home against Estudiantes

Draws:

1-1 away against Racing Club

1-1 home against Boca

1-1 away against Gimnasia(LP)

Defeat:

My only defeat was away against Lanus. I lost 1-0. I really deserved at least one point in that match, so that's a bit irritating. All in all, a good start of the season.

My current squad looks like this:

http://knutmsalo.net/FootballManager/Belgrano%20de%20C%f3rdoba2.html

I really hope to end up as one of the three best this season, but I'm well aware of the challenge. My team struggles every match. Let's see how far they can go.

an update from my argentina save. Haven't been able to play much lately, but i'm about to finish the opening league in the argentinian premier division in my third season at Belgrano.

Here the table:

http://knutmsalo.net/FootballManager/Argentine%20Premier%20Division%2025-11-2011.html

As you can see, i'm in fourth place with 31 points from 16 matches. 3 matches left before the end of the opening season. I find this really challenging. Banfield, Velez and San Lorenzo have been really good. I think i need at least two wins in the last three matches. Fortunately, my next match is home against Banfield, so my faith is kind of in my own hands. The two other games are home against Independiente and away against Colon.

I find it hard to be tactically consistent in this league. Even though many teams play either 4-4-2 diamond or 3-4-1-2, i have to change my formation and tactic in every match. But, i guess that's part of the game.

My manager profile has change a bit during this season. Before the season, i was described as a manager with a mixed coaching style. Now, i am described as a defendig style manager. I guess thats a result of my change in tendency from a 4-4-2 diamond formation to a 4-5-1 formation. I really like the 4-5-1, with attacking wingers.

I will publish an update later this season.

Archived