World Cup Final 2010 - Netherlands vs Spain

gillsminnow

I had a feeling before the tournament that Holland would knock Spain out. I quietly dropped that idea after realising that they wouldn't meet until the final.

I have a feeling that Sneijder and Robben will exploit Spain's two weak links - Busquets and Capdevila. 9/11ths of Spain's team is world class (depending on whether Fernando Torres or Fabregas starts or Pedro starts) but I feel that Holland have the best players to get at Spain.

here we go...yes spain's weak link busquets, who's also been one of their best players in his first world cup and praised by everyone in spain.

tomtuck another negative bellend.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mon Oranje :cool:

It's only one game, everything is possible, although I think Spain would 7 out of 10 meetings. Who knows, maybe we'll grab one of those 3 other matches today.

Good thing we've seen the way Germany were played of the pitch, so we can learn from that.

Casillas for example is a weak link, tends to drop balls. And we've got the Sneijder. So: a bunch of shots from outside the area, please.

Villa didn't get much of the ball against Germany but that came at the expense of Spanish backs playing on the edge of the German area all evening long. So: keep it tight at the back, but push up. Kuijt/Ramos is going to be a key matching.

Went to church this morning... it calmed me down, no nerves. Now I'm back home, reading websites and all that... the nerves are all back.

Spain are the favourites to win it I guess, but we've won every single game the last 2 years. There's something to us that makes us seem unbeatable... let's hope we can keep that up tonight!

MON ORANJE

I'm sooo nervous/excited. Spain better win!

Coincidentally, when Spain won the Euros, Nadal had won Wimbledon too. Alonso might've won something as well and it capped off a terrific month for Spain. Same thing could be on here. Spain winning the WC and Nadal winning Wimbledon.

I don't really have a preference of who I want to win tonight. At the moment I'm tilting more towards Holland because they were my tip a month or so before the tournament began, having said that I'm wearing a Spain top merely because I don't own a Holland one :D.

Whatever happens I'll be happy because at least 2 Liverpool players will be World Cup winners!

I had a feeling before the tournament that Holland would knock Spain out. I quietly dropped that idea after realising that they wouldn't meet until the final.

I have a feeling that Sneijder and Robben will exploit Spain's two weak links - Busquets and Capdevila. 9/11ths of Spain's team is world class (depending on whether Fernando Torres or Fabregas starts or Pedro starts) but I feel that Holland have the best players to get at Spain.

Busquets isn't a weak link. Alonso is really.

He's immune from getting yellows iirc Can only get a yellow for dissent.
Double post. I'm getting alot of these when it times out!!

8/1 joint favourite for first booking apparently. Hopefully Webb gets him sorted out as he has been horrific.

Now 6/1 favourite!

Well, I've conducted my research by playing as Holland vs. Spain in the WC Final on the hardest setting of FIFA World Cup 2010. I won 3-2 in an eventful game which included an RVP headed winner, Torres missing an open goal at 2-2, and this beauty scored by De Jong to make it 2-0 to the Dutch before half time. http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/22156187

Anything like that tonight and I'll be happy! :D

Well, I've conducted my research by playing as Holland vs. Spain in the WC Final on the hardest setting of FIFA World Cup 2010. I won 3-2 in an eventful game which included an RVP headed winner, Torres missing an open goal at 2-2, and this beauty scored by De Jong to make it 2-0 to the Dutch before half time. http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/22156187

Anything like that tonight and I'll be happy! :D

****ing double posts. This forum is a mess :mad:

So, the game is on BBC and ITV. Who will you be plumping for? I'll be BBC and genuinely shocked if anyone with a normal brain chooses ITV over them. Lesser of two evils though I suppose. Like being the less smelly turd.

****ing double posts. This forum is a mess :mad:

So, the game is on BBC and ITV. Who will you be plumping for? I'll be BBC and genuinely shocked if anyone with a normal brain chooses ITV over them. Lesser of two evils though I suppose. Like being the less smelly turd.

Archived