Englisher Fussball Bund

Torquay United - Conference Champions 2014/15 !

This season, Torquay finally won the first trophy in their long and mostly pointless history. The Conference was won quite easily and by quite a big margain in the end, although we did make it difficult for ourselves by losing a few games towards the end. We were knocked out of the FA Trophy after the 2nd semi final replay to Forest Green, but thats a mickey mouse cup and nobody cares anyway icon_smile.gif

To survive in Division 3 I'll have to release all the crap in my squad (the entire team bar 5 or 6 players basically). Attracting players will be difficult as we're financially insecure, but we'll see...

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pool leak water

All three cups go down the drain. Was it too much too soon for an inexperienced squad? Perhaps so. All done and said I big congrats to Goldy and his Barnet team who beat us to the Prem and the League Cup.

So our youthful side qualify for the Champions League as we enter our fourth season with me in charge and our last season to fulfil my promise of winning the Prem in four years.

Can we do it….yes we can.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silverfox:

_ The Pool leak water_

All three cups go down the drain. Was it too much too soon for an inexperienced squad? Perhaps so. All done and said I big congrats to Goldy and his Barnet team who beat us to the Prem and the League Cup.

So our youthful side qualify for the Champions League as we enter our fourth season with me in charge and our last season to fulfil my promise of winning the Prem in four years.

Can we do it….yes we can.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done to my reserves for snatching the cup away from the holders icon_smile.gif .....no need to play the first team if they can win it on their own icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, it was a brill league performance in the end, very good fight all the way to the end. Lets hope for a repeat next season, should be a lot closer too.

icon_smile.gif

Torquay off to a flyer

A perfect start to the new season for Torquay then. 2 out of 2 league wins, including a 4-0 victory over Bristol City on the opening day. We also dumped first division side QPR out of the mickey mouse cup with a 3-2 win at Loftus Road. In the 2nd round we are away to Derby - who have been boosted by ex-manager Dave leaving for Man Utd icon_wink.gif - in a moneyspinning tie. If we can keep this form up we could well end up in Division 2 next season icon_cool.gif

EFB ZEITUNG

Season 2014/15

The season is over once again and certainly brought us plenty of suprises.

Charity Shield

This years final gave us a repeat of last seasons finalists, its Arsenal against Liverpool once again.

Date : 10th August 2014

Final Score : Arsenal 0 : 2 Liverpool H/T 1 - 0

Goals : Bullock, Walker

Man of the Match : Rosario Cecchini (Liverpool)

Attendance : 89978

Liverpool Once Again Defeat The Gunners

Vans Trophy

This years Vans Trophy final was between the cup holders Sheff Wed and Charlton.

Benavides Seperates The Two Sides

Thats Two In A Row For Sheff Wed

FA Trophy

This years final was between Southend and Forest Green, it was a very close match.

It Was Close But Murray Got The One & Only Winning Goal

The History Of The Not So Famous Cup

League Cup

It was yet another final that seemed to be a repeat of the one before, its Liverpool against Barnet.

Liverpool's Road to the Final :

3rd Round vs Reading 5:0

4th Round vs Lincoln 4:0

Quarter Final vs Bristol Rovers 4:1

Semi Final vs Leicester (Agg) 3:1

Barnet's road to the Final :

3rd Round vs Crystal Palace 5:2

4th Round vs Stoke 3:0

Quarter Final vs Derby 1:0

Semi Final vs Man City (Agg) 3:0

Both clubs did very well to get into the final, finally Barnet's reserves managed to get revenge and snatch the cup away from Liverpool.

Date : 29th March 2015

Final Score : Barnet 2 : 1 Liverpool H/T 0 - 1

Goals : Renard (Liverool), Robinson (Barnet), Georcelin (P)(Barnet)

Man of the Match : Paolo Redaelli (Barnet)

Attendance : 76590

Liverpool Rumbled By Barnet Reserves

Barnet Write Themselves Into The History Book

FA Cup

Well the magic is still in the cup despite the amount of foreigners in the english teams these days.

This years final was between Coventry and Man Utd, can Johnston bring some Silverware into the Old Trafford cabinet?

Coventry's Road to the Final :

3rd Round vs Fulham 2:2 (Replay 3:0)

4th Round vs WBA 1:0

5th Round vs Farnborough 2:0

Quarter Final vs Leeds 0:0 (Replay 1:0)

Semi Final vs Derby 1:1 (Cov win on Pens 5:4)

Man Utd's Road to the Final :

3rd Round vs Sheff Utd 2:1

4th Round vs Wimbledon 4:0

5th Round vs Barnet 2:0

Quarter Final vs Newcastle 5:2

Semi Final vs Liverpool 3:2

Well it was a one sided game straight from the kick off, Coventry were struck by the Red Devils.

Date : 9th May 2015

Final Score : Coventry 0 : 5 Man Utd H/T 0 - 2

Goals : Barbieri, Schroder, Viola, Pearce, Perrin (Man Utd)

Man of the Match : Chris Pearce (Man Utd)

Attendance : 89952

Sky Blues Smashed Out Of The Skies

Man Utd Once Again Put Their Name On The Trophy

The Premiership

This Years Premiership Winners Are.......

Player Of The Year Goes To.....

Young Player Of The Year Has Been Won By.........

From Under The Hill To Top Of The World

They were close last season but this season they have have managed to win the big one, having not made one of the best starts they were chasing run away leaders for most of the season, they managed to keep close to them and eventually when the pressue got tense, they used their experience and take the

title right to the end away from Liverpool.

Chairman Kleanthous said " Its been a very successfull season for us and its all thanks to Gold, we've done the double, something that was never expected and we also did very well in europe, its a season we dreamed off".

Gold said " I'm very pleased about winning the premiership, it means ive won every league in the game which really pleases me, the team has done really well this season, unfortunately though we're still having a lot of reffing decision against us but that doesnt matter now, we're champions, they can't take that from us"

Barnet fans were singing Gold's name in the streets after they had won the league, one fan said "its fantastic,we were close last season and some say we should of won it but hey who cares, we won it now"

A Pool Of Sorrow, SO Close But Yet So Far

It was a close battle for the championship this season and Liverpool just missed out and got runners up spot, they had a fantastic start to the season with hardly dropping any points and very rarely conceding goals. But eventually the good form slipped, although they wernt playing bad, they were slowling dropping points which of course cost them the championship, its not too bad for Liverpool though as they've managed to secure qualification into the champions league for next season.

Chairman Moores said "We had quite a good season and perhaps should of won it, however, its only our second season back in the premiership and Moscardini has done a good job so far especially by getting us into the champions league which is good for the club"

Moscardini said to us "Im a little dissapointed which is understandable as we were strong and should of won it, however, my 4 year plan is still achievable and we've also done well to secure champions league football".

No **** From Magpies

Well its been quite a good season for Brown's side, they were very close in getting a champions league spot but unfortunately were beaten to it by Aston Villa and WBA by a very small margin. Newcastle have been playing some brilliant football throughout the season and their consistency got them 5th spot in the league which really deserved better. A lot of young talent has been brought into the club and their are certainly showing their potential.

Chairman Shepherd said "Brown is doing an excellent job for us and has brought us european football again, he is very consistent and is bringing some really talented players in to the club, we are certainly going places"

Brown said " This is a very big club and i am very pleased to be part of it, the squad really needed a boost and by bringing in young striker Moore it certainly helped us upfront as he just kept knocking them in. We're doing

very well and im confident that we'll do even better next season".

Gunners Run Out Of Gun Power

Well the defending champions flopped, a massive under achieved compared to the last couple of seasons for Arsenal as they only managed a dissapointing 7th place in the league. Although part of this was most probably due to the

absence of manager Hepburn, during his spell away there was a lot of unrest at the gunners and friction between certain players in the team, Hepburns influence was needed to restore the confidence into the players, unfortunately

it did not come, but they managed to get sneak into europe via the back door in the Inter toto.

Chairman Hill-Wood said "Well it was very disappointing this season as we were the defending champions and i expected a very strong challenge to try and defend out crown, unfortately that never came and with Hepburns absence for

part of the season the team fell apart, we'll be glad when Hepburn makes his return to the club to sort the unrest out between the players"

We managed to quickly get a few words from Hepburn who said "Its been a very dissapointing seasons but having been absent due to some private matters ive not been able to get involved with the team as much i would of liked, we sure

will do better next season".

Old Trafford Welcomes Back Johnston

Manchester United re-appointed manager Dave Johnston near the end of the season after he had left the club for Derby who were in Division 1, Johnston had a very successfull spell with Derby County, he signed some talented players and steered Derby into automatic promotion and lead the division during his spell there, of course he couldnt turn down the chance of returning to the Old Trafford hot seat were he enjoyed some fantastic times. His now ex club Derby County went on to win Division 1, Utd managed to get 8th spot in the premiership after Johnston made some quick signings to get the club into decent shape again.

Chairman Kenyon said "Its great to have him back, we were having a very poor season and that was the reason for us to look for a new manager, Johnston was by far the best candidate as he brought us a lot of successin the past and he knows the club inside out"

We managed to interview Johnston who told us "I am delighted to be back at Old Trafford, although i enjoyed my new challenge with Derby this job was just too good to turn down, a lot players will be brought into the club over the summer and im hoping to get this club challenging for honours yet again".

Division 1

Crowned This Seasons Division 1 Winners

No Blues For Koprivnik

After a 5 year exile from the premiership Chelsea are finally back into the premiership thanks to Koprivnik, the Blues finished runners up and secured that automatic spot to take them back into the top flight. A lot of young talented players have been coming into Stamford Bridge and they've shown some fantastic performances.

Chairman Crowe said "Its been a very good season for us, Koprivnik has come in and has completely changed the team which has resulted with us getting back into the premiership were this club should be, credit goes to our manager for making it possible".

Koprivnik said "I took this job as a new challenge in my career, i am certainly enjoying it so far and i am delighted to be back in the premiership".

Broken Potts Miss Out

Well Stoke have been gradually turned around by new manager Holligan who is starting to bring some very young and talented individuals to the britannia stadium. Since taking over there have been ups and downs in their league

performance but with one last push they managed to get into the play offs. The semi final of the play off was against local rivals Birmingham, the more experienced side won this as Birmingham managed to fight off a battling Stoke

side.

Chairman Gislason said to us "We are very delighted to have Alex as manager, he is doing a very good job so far for us and is finding some real bargains in the transfer market too, im very confident he will succeed".

Holligan said to us "Like another manager I will also go for a 4 year plan to get back into the premiership and win it, we're doing quite well and we were unlucky not to have got promoted but staying in this division for another season

is probably better for the club aswell".

Division 2

The Teams To Be Promoted From Division 2 Are.....

Division 3

The Teams Promoted From Division Three Are.....

Conference

Another One Team Show In The Conference

Torquay's Riddell Solved

Well it was successfull season for Riddell with his first full season in charge of new club Torquay, with plentyof signings coming to Plainmoor the success followed. Although not all plain sailing to start of with, they finally

managed to increase their lead over the chasing pack and then secured the promotion back into the football league.

Chairman Bateson said "Its a fantastic day for the club, we're back in the football league were we belong, credit goes to Steve for making it all possible, we had a lot of confidence in him as its not every day that a premiership manager applies for a conference job".

Riddell told us "I needed a new challenge, having some good times at my previous clubs West ham and Aston Villa it was time to try something new out, taking the Torquay job certainly is that and im enjoying it a lot so far".

Super Cup

This seasons Super Cup final saw Barnet take on german side Schalke.

Barnet Extent The Trophy Cabinet

Uefa Cup

Representing England in this seasons UEFA Cup were Liverpool and Newcastle

1st Round : Newcastle 4 vs 1 Brotnjo (Agg)

1st Round : Liverpool 4 vs 0 Dinamo Bucharest (Agg)

2nd Round : Newcastle 4 vs 1 Vit.Setubal (Agg)

2nd Round : Liverpool 0 vs 1 Hajduk (Agg)

3rd Round : Newcastle 3 vs 2 AA Gent (Agg)

4th Round : Newcastle 1 vs 1 CSKA (Agg) (CSKA win on Pens)

After beating Newcastle, CSKA went on all the way to the final to meet Anderlecht

A One Sided Final For The Winners

Another Team To Add Their Name To The Trophy

Champions League

With england now getting 4 spaces for the champions league it opened the doors for a new team to the european big time.

It was a very strange one, Braintree an amateur side managed to somehow qualify for the champions league.

Representing England

The groups for our teams were :

Group B : Barnet, Hertha, Lazio, Sturm Graz

Group F : Arsenal, Tirol Innsbruck, Fernebahce, Porto

Both clubs managed to qualify and get into the 2nd Phase

The 2nd phase brought some more interesting groups.

Group A : Barnet, Brondby, Inter, Real Madrid

Group B : Arsenal, Litex, Barcelona, HSV

Both English clubs have made it through, it gave some exciting quarter finals.

Quarters : Arsenal 2 vs 1 Inter (Agg)

Quarters : Barnet 2 vs 0 Barcelona (Agg)

Semi F : Arsenal 6 vs 0 Barnet (Agg)

Semi F : Lazio 1 vs 4 Dortmund (Agg)

Despite poor league form the Gunners managed to get into the champions league final, german side Dortmund once again

the other finalists.

Champions League Final : Once Again Dortmunds Superstars Win the Champions League

Dortmund Snatch It In Extra Time

Dortmund Add To Their Previous Champions League Success

(To view Screenshots it may require you to copy & paste the URL into your browser)

Report by Stephen Gold aka Goldy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Markland:

Checks in again icon_smile.gif

2014 icon_redface.gif

Still looks like a good game, wish I hadn`t left icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

KUTGW<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We got to around 2010 in the first game of UCMIG that you were involved with icon_smile.gif

So add the two together we could of been in season 2024/25 now icon_smile.gif

It doesnt just look like a good game, it is a absolutely brilliant game icon_smile.gif

Barnet Season Start

Well the season started last week Sunday, but we only played 2 games. Tonite the first proper start of the season begun. It hasnt been too bad at all for us so far.

We started the campaign against newcomers Chelsea, it was Koprivniks emotional return to the Premiership, we welcomed him back with open arms and hammered his Blues team 4-1. He's welcome back anytime icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

We continued our league performance with some more wins icon_smile.gif.....we then faced Man Utd, Johnston doing well this season and it looked like we were gonna walk it as we scored and looked odds on scoring 2 or 3 more, unfortunately the strikers just couldnt put them in the back of the net icon_frown.gif with 10minutes left the usual old trafford rubbish happened, Utd got back in it and then won it (jammy bast*rds), of course a little dissapointed not having got a point but at least we left with the impression that we aint easy to beat icon_smile.gif (i hope)

So we played a couple more games which we won too. During all these games we've also been playing Champions League footie, Dinamo, Spartak Mosc and Celta in our group, we beat all 3 of them and then drew 1, so unbeaten and top of the champs league group by 5pts or so, pretty certain to qualify for the 2nd phase icon_smile.gif

We also played Arsenal tonite, they are certainly on form this season, they beat Man Utd and then went on to beat Liverpool, something that is never easy to do. But with my team lacking something upfront it was time for a change, i took Janssen out and teamed up Del Prete with Flores, it was a partnership made in heaven, we dominated the game with both strikers troubling their defence, it only took 36mins for the first Red card for the gunners, A goal by Cisse settled the game.

Currently, 2nd in the league with a game in hand and 3pts behind United. Its looking like another good season if we can continue our good form icon_smile.gif

Alright Joe, long time no see icon_smile.gif

Torquay Utd in with a chance of 2 in a row?

Overall, it's been a much much better start than expected to League football. After 13 games we're just a point off top spot in the Third Division. Ok, we were knocked out of the League Cup, but away to Premier League side Derby, and we gave them a run for their money, losing 1-2 in the end after taking the lead through the astonishingly brilliant Simon Lyons. icon_cool.gif

Despite a nasty-looking injury crisis where we've lost several first teamers to long term injuries, the squad is settling, and maybe just maybe this group of wasters and has - beens will be playing Division 2 football next season.

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

_Barnet Season Start_

We continued our league performance with some more wins icon_smile.gif.....we then faced Man Utd, Johnston doing well this season and it looked like we were gonna walk it as we scored and looked odds on scoring 2 or 3 more, unfortunately the strikers just couldnt put them in the back of the net icon_frown.gif with 10minutes left the usual old trafford rubbish happened, Utd got back in it and then won it (jammy bast*rds), of course a little dissapointed not having got a point but at least we left with the impression that we aint easy to beat icon_smile.gif (i hope)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not bitter at all are you icon_wink.gif As for the jammy bit, i prefer to put it down to my tactical switch i made moments before the goals icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Markland:

Checks in again icon_smile.gif

2014 icon_redface.gif

Still looks like a good game, wish I hadn`t left icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

KUTGW<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We got to around 2010 in the first game of UCMIG that you were involved with icon_smile.gif

So add the two together we could of been in season 2024/25 now icon_smile.gif

It doesnt just look like a good game, it is a absolutely brilliant game icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif

Thats some going espically for a net game, Well Done icon_smile.gif

COME ONE MAN UTD icon_biggrin.gif

GUNNERS OFF TO A FLYER!!!

Well ok not a flyer as such but the start to the new season has given manager Hepburn some hope that his current crop of players can hack it at the top level. Currently lying 3rd or 4th in the league going well in europe and still in the league cup is giving all at the club a lift after a very poor season last season. My current squad is aging and plans are afoot to bring in younger players for the future. Currently two new players have been brought into the squad in the form of Daniel Bell a £25 million signing from Kris's old West Brom team and Michael McDonald a very experienced midfielder from Inter Milan for a bargain £5 million. A new goalkeeper will be on his way soon as well as others that I have in the pipeline to strengthen and hopefully challenge for the title. In the UEFA Cup the team is going well after gaining entry via the Intertoto Cup. We are in the third round of the competition against Hertha Berlin (I think) winning the first leg 1-0 away from home so things looking good there. WIns over Man Utd and Liverpool have given the team the belief they need to go on and win more trophies under manager Hepburn.

icon_cool.gif

Barnet Still Going Strong

Well it was another good session for Barnet, well we didnt lose a game i dont think so very well going indeed.

We qualified for the 2nd phase of the champs league by walking over our group, we now face PSV, Roma and Bayern i think it was in the 2nd phase, we beat PSV 2-0 in Holland so a good start to the campaign.

Cup wise, well its been going pretty well too, the reserves have managed to get through to the 5th round and looking to set up a nice quarter final game. icon_smile.gif

In the league we currently are on top, we've been doing absolutely fantastic in the league in the last session, we got a 3pt gap from high flying Man Utd and we've also got the best defensive record in the league at the moment with only conceding 3 goals in 13 games, got about 10/11 clean sheets. so thrilled with that icon_smile.gif

It's gonna be 2 in a row!

With not long left in the season, Torquay are looking good for a second successive promotion. Ok we may not win the league, but if we continue our recent excellent form we'll be in with a shout. Veterin AMLC Simon Lyons has been surprisingly excellent for us, as have midfielders Dominguez, Schockaert and Killoughery and strikers Huber and Davey , who have all done particularly well, but will need to take their form into this weekend's session if we are to go up as champions.

We were knocked out of both cups early on, but at least we got a bit of money from Derby and Cambridge, which helped ease the financial problems. Hopefully promotion to Division 2 will finally get us out of this debt. icon_smile.gif

Geordies in the mix

Going into tonights session the geordies are currently sitting in there favourite position of 5TH place with a game in hand. Tonight is going to be the making or the breaking of the magpies season with games coming up against Andys Arsenal, Goldys Barnet and Daves Man u in quick succession. With my defence being my strong point i'm hoping to hold out while nicking some goals on the break. With a couple of new signings coming in , in the december transfer window the geordies are hoping this could be the season where they get there reward and make the CL. With only one defeat all season in the league away to Silvers liverpool and with St James Park being a Fortress it deserves to be only time will tell

(What's left of) Torquay still going strong in Division 3

After an injury-ravaged few months, Torquay somehow extended their lead at the top of Division 3 tonight. The injury crisis, in which all bar 2 of the first team were out at one point, and the loss of influential midfielder Simon Lyons for a bargain £30k (fecking minimum release clauses), was expected to stop our run of good form. However, the young players that came in (including two 16 year olds) did excellently and we are now top with an increasing lead over Oldham thanks to numerous 4/5 goal thrashings. And we are in the quarter finals of the all-important Vans cup, which is er... good, I suppose.

icon_smile.gif

Barnet Still Going Strong

Yep we sure are still pushing and doing well. Could we repeat last seasons success? It would be marvelous if we did icon_smile.gif

So the session started off as well as the last one ended. We continued winning, although dominating the games we managed only 1-0 victories, still 3points in the bag either way. We faces un-predictable Man City, were we managed to get a point from, a fair result, the game was very very even.

Then came the congested fixture list upon us, if we can get through this ok then we should get a reasonable league position. 6/7 games in a space of about 13days. So we win over Spurs saw us play high flying Newcastle at St.James Park, they are one of the strongest teams at home hardling dropping a point at all, until we came along of course, a well deserved victory we got there. WBA and Bradford were taken apart before exhaustion and a reserve side had to be fielded, it cost us as we went down 2-1 to Leeds....although robbed of a penalty yet again.

So then we had to play Newcastle again, who's away form hasnt been great, we thank them for that, they put up a very good game but we came out winners yet again and next in our congested fixture list came Koprivnik's Blues...well what can i say, it was a very good game, an even game, although the 4-0 tanking i gave them doesnt show that icon_smile.gif

We lost to Grimsby then 1-0....they had 1 shot on goal compared to about 15 of mine, unbelievable how we lost that 1, Daylight robbery. But then we went on to beat Villa in the game after...who also had a late penalty in a match were we had 2 turned down.(typical)

League cup saw our Reserves do quite well. They faced Coventry in the quarter's, Cov went ahead but a slight tactical change saw Barnet score 3 and set up a tie with Stoke, they went to Stoke and had a very good game and only lost 1-0, which is very good going into the 2nd leg with home advantage, hopefully the fans will roar the reserves to victory and take them into their 3rd consecutive League Cup Final. icon_smile.gif

Boring boring Man U??

Yes unfortunetely thats right. Once again after a bright start to the season, my team decided this weekend to become písh all of a sudden.

Saturday's session saw us start off with a defeat to a very good chelsea side icon_eek.gif. After that was over, performance's picked up and we were playing some good football, until we ment dirty dirty liverpool icon_razz.gif and everything went wrong. Star player was savagely attacked icon_wink.gif and injured for 2months, and several players were getting 4's and 5's. In the end we only ended up losing by 1 i think, but could've been much worse.

Onto Sunday's session, and it saw us immediately up against rivals and league leaders barnet away from home. It was always gona be a close game, but thankfully we came through with a one goal victory, in a game in which we had to defend strongly as barnet attacked and attacked. Of course goldy will say the whole footballing world is against his team, but it was a much needed win for my team to keep us in there at the top.

Up next was Liverpool, and this time in another very scrappy game, we stole the points and helped us move clear of them in the league. After that win performaces never improved, but as we've managed to keep winning and are 5 behind barnet in the league.

In the uefa, performances have been marginaly better. After strolling past boavista it was the gunners next. After another terrible away performance we looked like losing 3-1, when we grabbed another crucial goal. In the 2nd leg we were much better and a danny walsh double helped us go through on away goals.

Finally, we're through to the f.a cup semi final to play villa, after another hard fought win over liverpool icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kjohnston1511:

_Boring boring Man U??_

Onto Sunday's session, and it saw us immediately up against rivals and league leaders barnet away from home. It was always gona be a close game, but thankfully we came through with a one goal victory, in a game in which we had to defend strongly as barnet attacked and attacked. Of course goldy will say the whole footballing world is against his team icon_wink.gif, but it was a much needed win for my team to keep us in there at the top.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

just adding that icon_wink.gif to make sure no one takes it too seriously icon_wink.gif

Torquay within touching distance of promotion

Another good session for us last night, we've still got a healthy lead at the top, something like 10 points now. We were knocked out of the Vans cup in the Semi's though, we were all set to go through 1-0 on aggregate until, very much in the Hibernian style, we blew it in the last minute. Fulham scored their 90th minute penalty, and then went on to win on Golden Goals. We are now officially concentrating on the league, which hopefully we should tie up in a few games time, although the injuries to Defender Leonardo Corona and on form striker Andre Huber won't help.

Will it end in tears

Dumped out of the League Cup, The FA Cup and beginning to falter in the Prem and being realistic I doubt we will win the Champions League in our first outing in it so it very much looks set for it to all end in tears icon_frown.gif

Can It Be 2 In A Row??

Well it certainly is looking good to make it 2 in a row. With 8games left we're 5pts ahead of Utd and 10pts from Liverpool. If we can keep going strong then we could hopefully make it 2 in a row.

Well we could of been a lot more ahead than 5, but the session started off very badly, getting cheated left right and centre with more pens turned down and goals chopped off for useless reasons (bloody ref's).

Although we managed to stick ahead of the competition with some luck. Then came the Champions league matches after the long winter break, it kicked started the team as we cruised through the 2nd phase with 6 wins out of 6 and concededing just 1 goal, which was in the last game against Roma.

We drew Galatasaray in the quarters, I think we can win it and then move to the Semi's.

With the CL games it really gave the team a lift (cos we played with proper ref's and proper teams icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif )

The last game of the session saw us demolish West ham 5-0, certainly pleased me the way we performed icon_smile.gif

Dave the whole footballing world always have it in for really good managers......ask Sir Ferguson icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

2pens turned down, goal chopped off.....Utd paid the Ref again icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe so, but its the bad mangers who always find some excuse for their teams performance icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EFB

Today the game that is called Englisher Fussball Bund is officially 1 year old. icon_smile.gif

It all started off with Silverfox who's UCMIG game kicked off on 13th January 2002, the game that turned the IGO to CMO and made what it is today. We were known as UCMIG Group 3 back then too.

The group was struggling to find a host....until surpemo Goldy stepped up and commited himself to be the Host of UCMIG Group 3. We were about 9/10 players back then, all eager to get started and playing. It was a lot of fun but unfortunately a few months down the line saw the end of the revolution, UCMIG was to be no more icon_frown.gif

It was not to be the end of UCMIG Group 3 though, we stayed together and decided to play on with our great game. With the fold of UCMIG, Group 3 changed its name to what it is now known as, Englisher Fussball Bund aka EFB.

The game following on from UCMIG was going great, until around season 2009 when unfortunately, we got an illegal error which could not be continued icon_frown.gif

But once again, a big group spirit meant that everyone wanted to stay and so we started again (which this thread is all about of course) Lots of fun again in this game which so far has seen us reach season 2016 and there have been plenty of thrills and spills through out the seasons.

I'd like to first of all thank Silverfox for creating UCMIG, without it we would never have got this fantastic game underway.

I'd also like to thank, Andy (aka Andrew Hepburn),Steve(aka Robbo) and Vince (aka CMGAMERDUDE) who like myself, have been there since Day 1, they are still with us today which shows how good players they are, very dedicated and absolutely commited.

Also like the 3 players above, special thanks to Dave (kjohnston1511) who has been a fantastic sub-host and even hosted the game for a month while I was away.

I'd also like to thank Kris (if your sister ....) and also Mark (mebubcat) who joined us a little later but both have been fantastic players and just like the ones mentioned above, very dedicated and commited players.

Of course thanks also goes Dogs(fault) who was very eager to join our game shortly after Silverfox arrival into our game.

We have a group of fantastic players within the group and as a group we've shown what it takes to keep a game going, it a lot of organising, commitment and dedication and its definately been worth it, ive enjoyed the game a lot, if it wasnt for such a group of fantastic players we would never have got as far as we have done today icon_smile.gif

Of course I'm not finished yet....I would also like to thank the following the people :

Paul (aka Moonraker) it was fantastic to have you in our game, certainly enjoyed having you in our game.

Andrew (aka Texan,Andrew K) It was wonderful to have you in our game, its a real shame that you had to leave but you were a fantastic player.

Joe (aka Joe Markland) Although you wernt with us for too long it was fun to have you in our game, we'll always remember Woking getting relegated from the conference under your guidance icon_smile.gif

Also thanks to those peeps who didnt get a mention but were also involved in our great game.

Once again, thank you all for your time, commitment and dedication to this game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Of course thanks also goes Dogs(fault) who was very eager to join our game shortly after Silverfox arrival into our game.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Truth be told I got involved after Silverfox sang your praises about how good the EFB game was. The fact that Fox stated that he thought you guys were amongst the best players he had encountered was enough for me to want to join. The fact that fox had joined a month before was irrelevent. Now that i have joined i can see why he did talk highly of it, its truly a great game icon_smile.gif

Happy Birthday.

Happy birthday EFB, keeping a game running for a whole year is not easy and can only be done with perseverance and dedication from its members. This clan is a credit to CMO forum and its members are part of the best of CMO.

Kutgw! icon_biggrin.gif

Yep, well done lads. Thanks to Steve for hosting (and Dave for a while, although your decision to invite Kris into the game has definately backfired, hehe icon_biggrin.gif ), Andy, Vince, Kris, Dave, Andrew K, Paul, Mark, Joe, and more recently Alex and David (Silverfox), and anyone else who's played. I've really enjoyed playing in it (despite my exploits in the first game icon_wink.gif ) and the banter has been superb at times.

Stand up for the champions! icon_biggrin.gif

Well, the unthinkable happened. Torquay United, for the first time in their history, are in Division 2. In the end, we won the league by 12 points, but it could have been more but for some silly defeats. To win the title at the first time of asking is a great achievement with the quality (or lack of) in our squad. To be honest, we've probably overachieved, and I can't see us having the same level of success next season. Consolidation is the aim for our first season in Division 2, then make a push for promotion the season after, although I won't complain if we go up next season. With some quality signings coming in,and for the first time in my spell at Torquay a bit of money, we might just manage it. icon_smile.gif

The aim is to have Torquay in the Premiership by the time CM4 is out and EFB comes to a finish, and we're still on course to do that. icon_cool.gif

Barnet splash Pool

Congrats to Steve and his Barnet team who beat us to the Premiership and dumped us out of the Champs League in the semi’s and went on to win the cup against Besiktas.

We at pool now have to look at what are next step is. My four year plan is up and coming second in the Prem and finishing in the semi’s in the Champs League how ever you look at it falls short of my goals.

It may be time to expand the stadium and bring through the youngsters we have been collecting over the last few years. This will mean a change of faces in the first team with some top quality players having to make way. No that they have done anything wrong, it’s just sometimes to move forward you have to rebuild and I’m feeling that’s where we are now.

St James welcomes CL football

Well the seasons ended , and i just manage to pip kris to the 4th place, it was a season where i never really got going with some terrible away form and not too many goals , but it turned out to be the most successful season to date , with cl footie and winning the uefa cup. However if i am to mount any sort of challenge for the top 3 next seaso i need to improve my terrible record against human managers which was abou 30% last season. With de haan signed from chelsea and one or two others on the way hopefully this season i can break into the top 3 pack icon_smile.gif

EFB FOREVER!!!

Well we are over a year old and still going strong. I would like to say a huge thank you to Steve G for organising this game week in week out and giving up his time to host. I would also like to say thanks to Steve R and Vince who like myself have been here since the beginning plus all the others who have joined the game since. The game has been superb and the banter has been top class and with some in game rivalries being created in the process. I have enjoyed the game every nite I play it but still have nightmares about being Watford icon_eek.gif Ah those were the days. icon_biggrin.gif

Hopefully we can all go into CM4 as the same clan and continue our success as CMO's No. 1 clan. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but still have nightmares about being Watford icon_eek.gif Ah those were the days. icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should have tried managing Coventry, Torquay and Wycombe then if you thought that was bad icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

I know. I can't believe nobody ever mentions it. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wouldnt have the screenshot by any chance? icon_biggrin.gif hehe

Of what for memories, that 9-2 has to be the most remembered moment from this game. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

I know. I can't believe nobody ever mentions it. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wouldnt have the screenshot by any chance? icon_biggrin.gif hehe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but I'm sure you do and are more than willing to dig it out icon_smile.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_frown.gif

GUNNERS ASSISTANT GUNNED DOWN!!!

We have just received newspaper reports that Arsenal assistant manager has been gunned down at his home after a disturbance. Police have arrived on the scene but have no clues as to why anyone would do such a thing. Former Arsenal manager Andrew Hepburn is said to be devestated by the whole ordeal. He commented,

" He will be sorely missed. He was a good man pity he couldn't manage to follow simple instructions that had effectively led to my sacking!!!! But hey i am not bitter about it all. Fecking ******!!"

This has led police to believe that Hepburn after all had a motive to kill him!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

More news to follow on that story.

Back to football news now and the man being questioned for murder has a new job as manager of fallen giants Sheffield Wednesday, who have fallen into Division 2. Hepburn commented,

" I cannot wait to get started on my challenge. It will take my mind off the whole incident invloving my assistant. I would like to publicly say I had nothing to do it at all".

Hepburn is keen to bring in new faces and has already got a couple of loan signings in as well a couple of free transfers. More changes will be on the way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kjohnston1511:

lol andy, always thought there was something shifty about you icon_eek.gificon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet the Cardiff assistant is glad he moved to Arsenal icon_biggrin.gif

### Dogs Update ###

Well after a tremendous season at Stoke where the League was won in a flamboyant fashion and the league cup was snatched from the Man City post 80mins. You would say that the dog would be satisfied with his lot.

Dogs however are renowned for being greedy and when the Arsenal job became available, the chance to manage a club with the ambition and history that the london club possess was too much.

So welcome Alex the Arsenal gaffer.

So after the majority of the preseason was spent moving on the duds and beleive me there are a few icon_wink.gif time was spent bringing some world class talent to highbury, Arce at 15m from Vélez and Jansen at 18.25m from Lazio are the players that i think can change Arsenal from being alsorans to EPL contenders.

Worth a note that ex barnet manager was seen fleeing to Yeovil town trying to justify himself by saying that he had won all there was to win with Barnet and wanted a fresh challenge icon_wink.gif we know the real reason icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dogs:

Worth a note that ex barnet manager was seen fleeing to Yeovil town trying to justify himself by saying that he had won all there was to win with Barnet and wanted a fresh challenge icon_wink.gif we know the real reason icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although i did win all there was.....i just had to go for something for competitive icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Although with constant ground extension rejection (reminds me of Boston) i had enough, we had the money, the board didnt have the ambiton.

Im sure the team will do ok who ever takes over them icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silverfox:

running scarded eh Goldy, you could see we were catching you and you couldn't handle the pressure icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha lol, im giving you a chance to win something after beating you twice to the league, with the competition gone it gives you the chance to actually win something icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Archived