FM08 - Conference and Below (players named inside)

Sonic2006

Originally posted by GrimKeeper:

lol, if your in your second season heath try signing dave harrison from leeds as your ass man hes the best guy i could get 4 a while and hes good at judging potential and ability.

Thanks for the tip there. Not near to my second season yet. Just into Jan 2008, so a while to go yet. My games normally take a while to play because I watch extended highlights of all my games and one or two big cup matches in full icon_wink.gif - This save has been going about 2 weeks now. Wish I had the time to play as much as some of the other posters on the forums here. icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to ask those who have mentioned this guy in earlier posts...

Mxolosi Mtsetfeua

How have you managed to sign him? I'm halfway through my first season with Hyde United and keep trying, only for his work permit application to be turned down, always.

Shame is, he always accepts my contracts and wants to come. If SI have set the work permits to accept foreign players who play for the top 50 nations, as in real life, then fair enough, but it's frustrating to see that others have signed him without any trouble. I hope that it's not a "random" factor at play and hopefully someone from SI will also comment on the "workings" of WP applications in the game. icon14.gif

Originally posted by GrimKeeper:

icon_mad.gifmy chairman has just accepted a 500 k bid for scott donnelly in my second season hes my most influential player icon_mad.gificon_frown.gif

You are lucky, l'il bugger won't even come to me. I tried to get him as a free agent. He went to Queens Park. Now there's offers coming in from two other Scottish Third Division clubs, and he's STILL not interested in moving to my mighty Hyde United!! icon_mad.gif

He obviously has no ambition and clearly likes the weather in Scotland icon14.gif

Originally posted by heathxxx:

Just wanted to ask those who have mentioned this guy in earlier posts...

Mxolosi Mtsetfeua

How have you managed to sign him? I'm halfway through my first season with Hyde United and keep trying, only for his work permit application to be turned down, always.

Shame is, he always accepts my contracts and wants to come. If SI have set the work permits to accept foreign players who play for the top 50 nations, as in real life, then fair enough, but it's frustrating to see that others have signed him without any trouble. I hope that it's not a "random" factor at play and hopefully someone from SI will also comment on the "workings" of WP applications in the game. icon14.gif

Ah yes i tried signing him in my first season on the new patch and he cant get a work permit i had signed him before because the game would let me sign anyone who didnt have a birth place. and also i managed to get scott donnelly to stay now sheffield wednsday are trying to take my best striker for 1.5 mill with a 50% future sell on fee. i didnt think they would pay it but the buggers have and rightfully so my chairman has accepted it as the bid id more than my bank balance lol. my awesome striker by the way is a maltese international who you can sign in the confrence for around 200K if you have the money and is well worth it in 25 games hes got 33 goals hes called andre schembri

Good work there keeping Donnelly. He's just moved from Queens Park Scots 2nd Div) to East Sterlingshire (Scots 3rd Div) and even though I tried to lure him with praise and declare interest, he said there was "no chance" heh icon_mad.gif He's officially off my shortlist now!!

Am going to have to setup a pre-season match against East Sterlingshire and have my midfielders "take care" of him! icon_wink.gif

I thought it might have been the case with Mcolosi Mtsetfeua, pre-patch and demo signing... oh well, he's staying on my shortlist as he's got quality stats and may be one for me to keep an eye on. Just like Man Utd IRL with their new Angolan chap icon14.gif

BTW - About 4 of the "Loanees" from Man Utd have me as favoured personnel and nearly all have Hyde as favorite club now. This clearly bodes well for further loans next season and possibly for any released players from Man Utd, as alot of their contracts expire in the summer and they've yet to sign new contracts. Here's to hope eh!!

well i may be the happies manager alive at the moment because my awesome striker mr schembri has turned down sheffield wednsday for a bumper pay rise at my beloved blyth haha and im top of the confrence thanks to him and good old scott donnelly, if your looking for a good right winger heath you cant go wrong with yohan guichard from saint-paul in reunion (an african french country)

Thanks for the heads up on Guichard.

Am still rolling. Have already won the BSN in February of the game icon14.gif In the semis of the Setanta Shield and FA Trophy, so on course for the treble.

I spotted the Ivory Coast and Egypt jobs available after they failed in the African Cup of Nations, so applied for both. Turned down for both after a couple of weeks wait icon_rolleyes.gif

Ivory Coast have a good squad with plenty of potential. Oh well, they missed out on me & hired yet another Frenchman.

Hey guys, I haven't read through the entire thread, so my apologies if I repeat any names!

I've managed to get these players on loan:

Tom Heaton, Andrew Howell, Jack Hobbs (surprised he came! only got him for 3 months though :-(), David Gray, Jamie O'Hara, Jacques Maghoma, Andrew Gooding, Fraizer Campbell (Kid is so good, banging them in for me) and Craig Lindfield. I've also signed Claus Jorgensen (3k)and Dwayne Mattis (£0) on permanent deals.

Needless to say, my team are ripping up the Blue Square Premier icon_biggrin.gif

danny holland ST got 38 goals for my harrogate town side icon_biggrin.gif

dean oliver got him on loan scored lots of goals too icon_biggrin.gif

got rocky lekaj on loan of sheff wed and he was excellent down the left wing and chipped in with a goal or 2 icon_smile.gif

kyle letheran GK very good GK at this level get him on loan icon_biggrin.gif

Came second in the BSQN 1st season with these players icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Joseph Tarrassenko, the French striker, has scored 29 in 23 matches for me thus far, including putting five past then 3rd-placed Aldershot in a single match. His contract has expired for his French club Corte at the start of the game, he only asks for about 1.2k per week, and I've run numerous configurations and he shows up on each of them. Peach of a player.

Anyone loaded Australia? I know someone has because earlier in the thread people were talking about Zac Tung.

Anyway, tons of players with EU passports, two that I've found are Steven Pace and Steve Laurie. Most that I've found require a fee, but it's typically nominal, I just haven't got round to offering for all of them and seeing how it all plays out.

Anyhow, I've only just thought to load a game with OZ and haven't really had a look around for specific targets, so if anyone has already done and has anyone to suggest, feel free to add them here. I'll update here too should I find any suitable targets.

Originally posted by forestgreenyank:

Anyone loaded Australia? I know someone has because earlier in the thread people were talking about Zac Tung.

Anyway, tons of players with EU passports, two that I've found are Steven Pace and Steve Laurie. Most that I've found require a fee, but it's typically nominal, I just haven't got round to offering for all of them and seeing how it all plays out.

Anyhow, I've only just thought to load a game with OZ and haven't really had a look around for specific targets, so if anyone has already done and has anyone to suggest, feel free to add them here. I'll update here too should I find any suitable targets.

yeah, there are 2 brothers called Maisano who are quite decent, worth a go.

icon_biggrin.gifYay icon_biggrin.gif ive just won the blue square premier and the f a trophy. my board are yet to offer me a contract tho. apparently according to the media there going to offer me 1 at the end of the seaso. im hoping they do because i started off on automatic setting and im now a popular manager and known regional!!! well ill keep you guys posted by the way schembri got 50 goals this season and scott donnelly got 20 goals and 30 assists

Well I've finished the demo with Woking in BSP, I came 3rd though I got the full version today and I think I'm well equipped for a title assault. Posts in this thread have been a great help.

My game seems to have differed a little from most. For me Scott Donnelly and Joe Tillen were solid performers, nothing amazing but good. Phil Green is another great free midfielder but he has a nasty habit of picking up a lot of cards.

Jarman couldn't cut it for me. 2 goals in 9 starts and 14 subs (generally 25 mins+) isn't up to my standards. Carl Asaba is a saint, solid performer who will get you 20 goals a season.

Alex Bailey is a very good right back who I don't has been mentioned so far. Hogan Ephraim is decent as well, lots of assists and a about 10 goals in 20 games. Sheku Kamara as well.

Will have a look at Tristian Plummer, Orlandi Lowe and Winston Parks, not sure who is the best striker. Plummer's name rings a bell though, I think I tried to get him but he went to a League 2 club. Owen Price seems very good also, and that Balde chap will be my sole reason for putting French players in.

First season, getting financial stability is a must, allows a solid base for second season promotion quest, because League 2 is a lot more bearable with a bit of money.

Balde is the only player who could dislodge some of the Man Utd loanees I had with hide, on a regular basis.

He's been an excellent performer as a striker, forward, attacking midfielder or central midfielder.

It's certainly handy to have players able to cover a number of positions at this level.

Balde is the only player who could dislodge some of the Man Utd loanees I had with HYDE , on a regular basis.

He's been an excellent performer as a striker, forward, attacking midfielder or central midfielder.

It's certainly handy to have players able to cover a number of positions at this level.

Typo... icon_rolleyes.gif

Just finished my first season in charge of Ocford, we finished on 114 points icon_eek.gif

Also won the FA Trophy and Setanta Cup, we smashed everyone out of the way, losing only 4 games all season icon_biggrin.gif

Fraizer Campbell finished with a total tally of 61 goals in 49 apps icon_eek.gif

I also had Tomas Pekhart & Adel Taarabt on loan for a while from my feeder club Tottenham, Pekhart was a great target man and got many assists. Bring on League 2 :-D

Okay, I'm only 10 games in, but since Cambridge only drew I've just gone top again, 8 wins and 2 losses, with a 100% home record.

Confirming that if you are starting in the BSP, definitely loan Tristan Plummer. The kid is insane. 10 goals in 9 for me, with an Average Rating of 7.44, 4 MoMs and an assist. Plus, he is equally good on either foot so you can put him on the left side of the attack and he'll do as well, meaning your probably right footed other forward can go on his favoured side.

Tony Caig is a decent keeper, nothing special. Averages about 6.7 a game I think. Sam Hutchinson is a good defender if you can get him on loan from Chelsea. Hurray for Woking being close to the Premiership's London clubs!

Scott McGrory (FC) from Barnsley is immense. Got him on loan for Tamworth in the BSN and he's scored 22 in 19 games and has took me to the top of the table.

Other recommendations:

Joe Tillen (AML)

Jack Compton (AML/F)

Ibrahim Sissoko (MC)

Luke Daniels (K)

Sheku Kamara (DC/MC)

Adrian Manchester (DC)

All of these are loans or free transfers.

i had 2 du this - You may need to up the size of the DB you use.

I generally play with a "large" DB, then select the "extra" countries, when starting a new save. Daft as it sounds, even if I have selected the English leagues for example, I still select to load all "extra" data from Ebgland - same with other leagues.

Playing using the smaller database and few extra countries selected is fine and makes the game run faster, but restrictive if you want a good lower league game, as losts of players and staff are missing.

i had 2 du this - You may need to up the size of the DB you use.

I generally play with a "large" DB, then select the "extra" countries, when starting a new save. Daft as it sounds, even if I have selected the English leagues for example, I still select to load all "extra" data from Ebgland - same with other leagues.

Playing using the smaller database and few extra countries selected is fine and makes the game run faster, but restrictive if you want a good lower league game, as losts of players and staff are missing.

Heath i meant i have the default database as in the one before it got patched i have LARGE database selected and i cant finf the likes of Atkin etc. which is a shame because i will easilt get promoted and i need some players to help me stay up.

May have something to do with the "extra" countries selected. Although i usually have English and Scottish leagues running, I still always select to load players from England and Scotland. Even using a large database, you'll find there's still alot of players missing.

It's changed a little from when you could simply select a "huge" database on previous versions of the game.

Hey Guys,

My first ever post, and FM2008 is the first ever FM or CM I have ever got, so I was excited about starting on Christmas Day. I've messed about, done a lot of trial and error, and decided to finally start a save game last night, using a lot of your help.

I'm Weston-super-Mare and I have played 11 and won 11 so far!

My Team:

R.PAYNE

G.OATES

S.EVANS

J.HUTCHINSON

M.WICKS

S.DONELLY

P.GREEN

G.STEPFORTH

J.TILLEN

C.ASABA

N.JARMAN

Subs: G.PALMER, A.BAILEY, C.LAURIE,B.WALSE, G.DOYLE

I love it, I just hope nothing bad happens!

Well i won promotion in to league 2 and i won the fa trophy, i got offerd a new 4 year contract which i took, my bank balance is 2 million, ive spen a fair bit on players as well as getting the good frees from prem teams and ive just drawn norwich in the league cup ist round lol the board have agreed to give me better training facilities and youth facilities lol its great and i started my game off with automatic experience setting, also i have juande ramos and martin jol as my friends whic gives me knowledge of spain and holland lol i love this game

I was Torquay and signed some gd players from the premiership for nothing. just looked for the transfer listed ones and offered nothing. some do want a lot of wages though. scottish leagues are gd to raid. i bought a decent right back called aggostini from queens park i think.

Originally posted by The Art of Drowning:

so I won the league 2 years in a row with Sutton, League two is so so hard though icon_frown.gif

any thoughts on players that can take us to the next level.

Anyway I ended up winning the playoffs that year after finishing 7th. 3 promotions in a row icon_cool.gif

I think I have a really good squad for league 1 as well, im bottom half at the moment but I suppose it'll take time for players to gell. I'm getting crowds of around 7k cramming in to Gander Green Lane icon_biggrin.gif

Chris Dickson is an insane striker. Bought him for £0 off Charlton in January, I assume you can also get him at the start of the season. He got about 17 goals in 19 games, I won the league by 5 or 6 points in the end, pretty much with players mentioned earlier.

Per Weirauch is a terrific right winger you can loan from Chelsea, pitched in with about 15 goals for me. Dickson has also got about 6 goals in 4 games at the start of my League 2 campaign, though he was injured for the first couple of months and I'm struggling.

Originally posted by i had 2 du this:

BTW when you say sign released players from rem and championship is there an easy way to know whos gtting released and when?

Also whats the lowest league i should start looking at this?

Where should i look for them?

I need some help to get some more promotions icon_wink.gif

Just wait for the transfer window to open and check out every prem club and see who has been released.

"Chris Dickson is an insane striker. Bought him for £0 off Charlton in January, I assume you can also get him at the start of the season. He got about 17 goals in 19 games"

Sounds very realisitic, just like he did at Dulwich last season IRL.

Originally posted by i had 2 du this:

BTW when you say sign released players from rem and championship is there an easy way to know whos gtting released and when?

Also whats the lowest league i should start looking at this?

Where should i look for them?

I need some help to get some more promotions icon_wink.gif

All i do is wait till around the end of june usually around the 25th and look at all the premiership teams transfer history (it tells you who they release)and go through all the players they release offering them contracts do it from which ever league your in some will come to you even if your in the blue square north or south.

This is a very good way of getting some talented players to a lower league club.

Some of the released players from the Premiership can sometimes be hard to get if there's a few clubs sniffing around, but do have a look at the Championship, as clubs like Leeds United and Southampton let players go sometimes and they're usually very good icon14.gif

BSN 16 games gone with Barrow... it where my mum lives. im unbeaten top by 9 pts. thanks for all the help. this is my squad.

GK Chris Neal (loan from parent club Preston)

DR Matthew Saunders

DL Matthew Wicks

DC Nathan Koo-Boothe

DC Scott Lycett

MR Yohan Guichard/Joe Anyinsah (loan from Preston)

ML Joe Tillen

MC Mixolosi Mtsetfeua

MC Scott Donnelly

FC Boubacar Balde

FC Nathan Jarman

S1 Mark Crossley

S2 Michael Laws/Chris Butler

S3 Gibrilla Kargbo/Lawrence Constanti

S4 Ben Thornley

S5 Curtis Jackson/Mark Elston/Greg Palmer

I'm in the second season now with Oxford United, 1st place in the L2, after being promoted.

Sold nearly all players and formed a new team bosman signings.

My team:

GK: Mihaylov (loan - Liverpool)

DL: Eckersley (loan - Man Utd)

DR: Kenton (Bosman - Blackpool)

DC: Dervite (loan - Spurs)

DC: Torp (regen)

DMC: Prinz (regen)

ML: Moore (loan - QPR)

MR: Salomonsson (free - Ängelholm)

MC: Upson (bosman - Ipswich)

MC: Trainer

FC: Simpson (loan - Arsenal)

icon_smile.gif

DC:

DMC:

ML:

MR:

MC:

MC:

FC:

I'm in the second season now with Oxford United, 1st place in the L2, after being promoted.

Sold nearly all players and formed a new team bosman signings.

My team:

GK: Mihaylov (loan - Liverpool)

DL: Eckersley (loan - Man Utd)

DR: Kenton (Bosman - Blackpool)

DC: Dervite (loan - Spurs)

DC: Torp (regen)

DMC: Prinz (regen)

ML: Moore (loan - QPR)

MR: Salomonsson (free - Ängelholm)

MC: Upson (bosman - Ipswich)

MC: Trainer

FC: Simpson (loan - Arsenal)