FM08 - Conference and Below (players named inside)

Sonic2006

Ok after taking blyth to league 2 in 2 seasons winning both the blue square north and blue square premier and the setanta shield i decided to hve a game as spurs and how much i regretted it because i couldnt get the team to play football despite the fact that all of the players in the team earned more than my wage budgets with blyth in any league. so i came back to my blyth game but it had been overwritten by stupid old me.so ive started a new game as blyth and my manager experience is on automatic instead or professionalbut my team is awesome. ok so ive missed out on scott donnelly who drove my team through 2 promotions last time but ive managed to sign robbie foy, kamara, stopforth, atkin and the ledgend dean sturridge.im never leaving llm again its so wondefull down here

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not know if someone has this problem i am playing with a team from the dourth division of i taly calle "VAl Di Sangro" i wanted a challenged i am tired of plying with bigs teams. My concenr is that i want to get players as loan but there is not one player listed as loan :S it is drving me crazy.......................

you guys should seriously scope the Jamaican national team, lots of em at local clubs are paid peanuts and will come over to the nonleauge.

Orlandi Lowe scored 25 goals for me in 20 apps to help Burton win the Conference.

The northen ireland u21 team has some good ones too, try Chris Keenan and Howland.

Guest BIG Gattuso

need some help ppl does ny1 know a goood GK for Blue square premier sidepref low eccentricity. needs to be free and pref english and also really low wages. im desperatley in trouble until i find a GK thnxs

How do you adjust the wage budjet because on my game (southport) it is only letting me adjust the transfer and the highest wage i can only offer to players is 975 smackers per week

Originally posted by Lower League Only:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cookie16:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:

Also Boskovic, what's the deal with part-time and full-time contract? Obviously those on full-time contracts can do full time training schedules. But how do you get your players to accept full time contracts? Most of the plays (and staff for that matter) that I try to offer contracts to only want part-time!?

The way i have managed to get my players on FT contracts was just offer them longer ones and it should work really. As for staff thats different, only way i got them to full time contracts was when my team went full time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sign the players to what ever they want, then offer them a longer full time contract ( same wage) once they are at the club.

They accept 100% of the time unless under 18. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks chaps. Yeh that's what I ended up doing icon_biggrin.gif

I've just started a new game as Blyth with the official 8.01 patch. It might be just me but I can't find many of the players that won me promotion pre-patch such as:

Joe Tillen

Lycett

Greg Palmer

Ben Walshe

Gary Stopforth!!!

Curtis Jackson!!

And the list goes on!

Has anyone else who has started a new game with the patch noticed this? I have all players loaded from England, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, America, France, Spain and Italy.

Cheers.

Originally posted by Law_Man:

I've just started a new game as Blyth with the official 8.01 patch. It might be just me but I can't find many of the players that won me promotion pre-patch such as:

Joe Tillen

Lycett

Greg Palmer

Ben Walshe

Gary Stopforth!!!

Curtis Jackson!!

And the list goes on!

Has anyone else who has started a new game with the patch noticed this? I have all players loaded from England, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, America, France, Spain and Italy.

Cheers.

Yeah i noticed that too, all of my former team are signed up to teams now!! so i just start off a game with the old version as you can select it, then when its loaded up save it then upload the patch. thats how i do it.

One thing thats annoying me now.

I sign player X on a free transfer.

I sell player X to another side for decent money.

Player x is released when his contract runs out.

Player X wont discuss terms with me so retires.

Sureley they would consider rejoining their old club, but nope they all would rather retire.

Happened with 10 players so far. Not one will discuss terms at all.

Originally posted by Powlay:

One thing thats annoying me now.

I sign player X on a free transfer.

I sell player X to another side for decent money.

Player x is released when his contract runs out.

Player X wont discuss terms with me so retires.

Sureley they would consider rejoining their old club, but nope they all would rather retire.

Happened with 10 players so far. Not one will discuss terms at all.

Well you sold them. They probably dont like you as a manager or feel that they have played for XXX team and dont want to join.

Now if they had you or your club as favoured id agree with you.

And it frustraiting to see some idiot retire pre 25 because they are setting thier sights to high.

Off to the amatuers ?

Sunday league ?

Or they get offered a job as a bricky...

Now if i was a footy player i think id take a real pants profesional contract rather than have to graft it in the real world.

As for the patch wiping out players, i think its a good thing cos a lot of us were rellying to heavily on the Jarmans and Tillens. I know i was.

Shame but i enjoy finding that gem player so it doesnt bother me to much.

Originally posted by Law_Man:

Not a bad idea but then some of the fixes won't take effect surely? How have you been finding it?

It seems fine acctually theres nothing i can spot with the match engine just had to adjust my formation slightly but other than that its fine

May i chip in with a goalie who i don't believe has been mentioned yet -

A young Irish lad by the name of Colin Nicholson. Available on a free at the start of the game and he is excellent.

Also on the subject of 'keepers, there's a guy who plays for Nantes called Vincent Briant who is absolutely outstanding and available for around £40k. The smallest team i have managed to sign him for is Lincoln as i've not had the funds to even attempt it with any Blue Square team. But i will put money on him saving more penalties than he lets in. I gave away 5 penalties in my first 16 games and he saved every single one of them!

Not sure if anyones mentioned it yet, but as Bath City (my birthplace haha) I managed to pick up Stephen Henderson from Bristol City on loan (bearing in mind city have just picked him up from Villa and is only 20ish) Season long loan, my best player, absolutely outstanding at that level.

To my anger he refused to stay the next season and was soon signed up by a league team!

the thing with players retiring is not as unrealistic at this level as it may seem. Sometimes a person has to sit down and decide what does he want to do, chase his career as a part time footballer or concentrate on the real world and his full time job. Also as a player reaches mid 20s he could also have family to think about. So juggling a full time career, a part time football career and a family is not easy and most would give up the football.

it does happenicon_frown.gif tommy mooney (longford town player 24yrs old i think) turned down a offer irl to play for a english club coz he was making more money being part-time and havin a job aswell.so he might even retire to continue with his work full time so it happens m8 icon_smile.gif

ANYWAY icon_razz.gif

just started a game as harrogate town icon14.gif

some of the players mention here i can't find icon_mad.gif and when i tried to get jarman he is with darlington in the v8.0 patch icon_frown.gif but its all good as i found some good players myself icon_wink.gif

with the help of my parent club sheff wed

Charlie Robinson ST N.Irish Free

Seàn Mannion CM Irish Free

David Stulfhelder GK Welsh Free

Dean Oliver ST English loan

Robert Bayly CM Irish loan

Liam McMenamin DC N.Irish sent by sheff wed on loan

Rocky lekaj Amrl serbian sent by Sheff Wed on loan. i was loving it went they said they were senting him down to me on loan icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

73061142ns5.th.jpg

Originally posted by GrimKeeper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:

Joe Tillen

Lycett

Greg Palmer

Ben Walshe

Gary Stopforth!!!

Curtis Jackson!!

And the list goes on!

Cheers.

Yeah i noticed that too, all of my former team are signed up to teams now!! so i just start off a game with the old version as you can select it, then when its loaded up save it then upload the patch. thats how i do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok this acctually dosent work as im having problems on it that im not having with my patched tottenham game so ive started again as blyth of course on the 8.0.1 patched game.

Originally posted by Giantplaything:

Colin Mack FC on free.

Not the quickest but can hit the net and will give everything to the cause.

Regarding Colin Mack--I have to agree. Great player, fearless and determined, can score goals and hates to be substituted even when when he's down to 65%.

Also Nathan Fisher. He's a goal machine for my Nuneaton side.

Ok so ive started a new game as blyth with the new patched up version. im top winning 14 games out of 15 and loosing 1 nil to tamworth mainly due to me messig with my formation.

i play a 4-5-1 like chelsea did under mourinho with 2 attacking wingers scoring i have middlesbough as a feeder club and my manager status is set to automatic. my team is

GK.R payne(untill i can get this really ace bulgarian called

RB.Leo(from ipiranga in brazil)

LB. m wicks(free)/J Grounds (middlesbough loan)

CB.J Osborne/M Wicks Both frees

CB.E Prissot N'Jenapou (Jeann d'Arc (reunion))

DM.H Goulon (middlesbough loan)

CM.J Walker (middelsbough Loan)

CM.D Bortolozzo (att Instructions)Free

RW.S Donnelly Free

LW. J Tillen Free

CF.Y Guichard (Saint-Paul)Free

I also use a 4-4-2 when i decide my team looks a bit flat

Originally posted by GrimKeeper:

Ok so ive started a new game as blyth with the new patched up version. im top winning 14 games out of 15 and loosing 1 nil to tamworth mainly due to me messig with my formation.

i play a 4-5-1 like chelsea did under mourinho with 2 attacking wingers scoring i have middlesbough as a feeder club and my manager status is set to automatic. my team is

GK.R payne(untill i can get this really ace bulgarian called

RB.Leo(from ipiranga in brazil)

LB. m wicks(free)/J Grounds (middlesbough loan)

CB.J Osborne/M Wicks Both frees

CB.E Prissot N'Jenapou (Jeann d'Arc (reunion))

DM.H Goulon (middlesbough loan)

CM.J Walker (middelsbough Loan)

CM.D Bortolozzo (att Instructions)Free

RW.S Donnelly Free

LW. J Tillen Free

CF.Y Guichard (Saint-Paul)Free

I also use a 4-4-2 when i decide my team looks a bit flat

Sorry to double post guys the bulgaria guy is called Atanas Arhinkov From Pirin (g-15)

Good work with the player finds - certainly can't beat a good LLM game.

Like this thread very much - not quite as "stuffy" as the actual LLM threads. icon_wink.gif

Have just started a new save with 8.0.1 with Hyde United. Wanted to play a game with Granada CF in he Spanish Liga BBVA Segunda B. Will have to wait until the 8.0.2 patch though as the player registration is tits up.

I have a knack of finding good young players and will post some of my findings that are different from those already posted.

For those who have signed Della Valle - it's worth noting that he has potential ability of -9 so when signing him, try to build in a good minimum release fee clause. Training facilities are poor in the lower leagues, so he won't develop as fast as he should with a big club, but he'll still perform well enough to attract some big offers further down the line and boost your coffers icon14.gif

Am posting today in a "double" celibratory manner icon_biggrin.gif

1) LIVERPOOL 0 - MANCHESTER UNITED 1

Good result for Fergie & the boys at Anfield, although it was'nt the best game, the 3 points is what counts today icon14.gif

2) Have started a save with Hyde United in the Conference North (mostly to see if they still have the plastic pitch... icon_wink.gif but alas no).

Asked my chairman for a parent club and managed to get Manchester United.

Have already offered me David Grey & Michael Barnes on loan, but now I'm going to give "wily old manager" (that's what it says in the game!!), a call and see who else he'll let me have!

Guess my promise to my chairman (who gave me two years to acheive mid-table comfort), that I would have the Tigers fighting for promotion, will have some backup now.

WOOHOO!! x2

PS - Apologies for the "bragging" - can't help it icon_wink.gif

Just thought I would mention, since signing the "Affiliate" deal with Manchester United, I've managed to get the following players on loan (Name, position, assman rating).

David Gray - D/AMR - Championship

Adam Eckersley - DL - Championship

James Chester - DC - Championship

Fraizer Campbell - ST - Premier

WOOT!! I could'nt believe Campbell came to me. Can't wait for my opening game now icon_biggrin.gif

From a League 2 Manager (Barnet) with very limited finance thankyou for an interesting thread.

Players I have found which do a very good job in League 2 and I am sure in Lower as well:

Tony Caig GK: Free - Veteren but very solid avg 7 rating

Scott Donnelly - Free Mentioned numerous times in this thread I play him at MR or AMC good at both

Carl Asaba: ST - Good Solid 15 + A season man

TWO AWESOME SIGNINGS:

Tristian Plummer: ST - Loan from Bristol City, 30 + Goals in league 2 up front with Asaba is an awesome combination

Owen Price - AMR - Wales U21 player can sign on a free have to be quick though as a host of clubs try to sign him. Again star of my team paired on the right with Donnelly down the mid is a brilliant combo for LL. Due to interest you have to offer a bit over what he "requires" to starve of interest but well worth it.

Ive just started season 5 and its in....division 2!

Woot woot

So for those who dont know im Blyth.

Cant get a parent club for love nor money, chairman clearly doesnt like me.

Signed some decent players none really stand out.

| Name | Position |

| ----------------------------------|

| Mark Cousins | GK |

| Ola Tidman | GK |

| Carl Laurie | D RLC, DM |

| Curtis Osano | D RC, DM |

| Lewis McCardle | D L |

| Matthew Grieve | D C |

| Richard Langthorne | D C |

| Øyvind Østby | D C |

| Lewis Smith | D C |

| Lewis Henry | D C, DM |

| Matt Tudor | D/WB/M R |

| Nicky Nicolau | D/WB/M L |

| Andy Ritchie | DM |

| Dwayne Mattis | M RC |

| Ryan Burton | M C |

| David Hillerby | M C |

| Shaun Saiko | M C |

| James Cronesberry | AM RL |

| Robbie Foy | AM RL |

| John Oster | AM RC |

| Kalu Isa | AM L |

| James Marwood | AM C |

| Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu | F C |

| Nathan Jarman | ST |

| Callum McManaman | ST |

| Stephen Thompson | ST |

| Nathan Wolfe | ST |

Tidman is a great keeper but at 33 is getting on a bit.

Ostby is a decent DC but lacks experience/

Middlesbrough have been raided again for loan signings.

Smith, Hillerby, Saiko & Cronesberry have joined on loan and are reunited with Thompson, Burton, Langthorne and McCardle who all played for the club in previous years.

Yeah on my last blyth game i set my experience to semi pro i couldnt get a parent club untill i got in to league 2 and then my chairman just announced that we were going to be clydes feeder club which was strange. but on my new game now ive got middlesbough and my experience is set to automatic. and i got promotion in my first season again with the help of 6 loan signings from middlesbough. this season ie got mathew bates who is awesome at the centre of my defence.

I now have a total of 8 young reserve players from Man Utd at Hyde United icon14.gif

Needless to say I'm romper-stomping the league and am progressing well in the cups.

If you're fortunate enough to get a good parent team, don't be frightened to go for as many of their reserves and available to loan youth players as you can. In the Blue Square North & South, there's no loan restrictions.

Obviously I've thought further ahead at the possibility I might not get any of these lads back next season, but I'm not too worried, as generally, Premiership & Championship clubs release alot of players at the end of the season.

So best advice from me - GET LOANING!! icon_biggrin.gif

Hey guys i dont know if any of you guys already know this but i was doing my monthly check on the out of contract players on my blyth game and came acrooss some really good regens some of them have the potential to be a good premier league player and there just on the out of contracts list and from strange countries like the cayman islands and monserrate. Has anyone else come across this?

Will have to keep an eye out for that GrimKeeper. I love scouring the planet for good young players and regens.

Now have 12 loanees from Man Utd icon_eek.gif

I just know that they would flame me to death in the LLM forums for this hehe!! icon_biggrin.gif Thing is though, I've not cheated or used the editor and it's turning out to be one of the best saves I've played in years.

Changing the slant of the thread a little, I know, but I made a seperate post and not had much feedback.

I'm trying to find coaching staff that are 6 or 7 stars in the different attributes, that will come to Blue Square Premier and lower clubs.

I have one or two, but am struggling for the rest. Have seen this touched on earlier in this thread, but thought that mayber others have found more.

My best coaches are:

Chris Vale 7 star GK coach

Steve Maxwell 6 star Attacking coach

Bryan Bull 6 star tactics coach

Neil Worthington 6 star strength & aerobics

Hope they are useful to anyone.

Hi, I'm starting the 2nd season with Redditch. I was promoted to the Blue Square Premier, but I'm have a big problem: I'm having lots of trouble finding good players. Does anyone know players who would like to join my team? Please notice that I'm already in the 2nd season.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Heath: It kind of depends really because most coachs that you get in the lower leagues are regens so there stats are always diffrent i just get the highest rated coach for the key training aspects i need him for.

jferreira20: Try looking at the history of premier league clubs and championship clubs and signing the players they release and keep your eye out on the out of contract page because some really good regens appear there!!

Originally posted by heathxxx:

Changing the slant of the thread a little, I know, but I made a seperate post and not had much feedback.

I'm trying to find coaching staff that are 6 or 7 stars in the different attributes, that will come to Blue Square Premier and lower clubs.

I have one or two, but am struggling for the rest. Have seen this touched on earlier in this thread, but thought that mayber others have found more.

My best coaches are:

Chris Vale 7 star GK coach

<STRIKE>Steve Maxwell 6 star Attacking coach</STRIKE> - Apologies, he's a regen!

Bryan Bull 6 star tactics coach

Neil Worthington 6 star strength & aerobics

Hope they are useful to anyone.

Originally posted by jferreira20:

Lol.

Who had you signed? icon_biggrin.gif

Haha ive given him a new bumper deal and hes staying with me, cnt belive they accepted a bid even tho i have a cool 1 million in my bank the gits.

i basically signed all the players released by the prem and championship clubs (fortunatley my ass man has good judging ability and potential) and all the 1s who i dont want/ need i sell for a tidy profit of course icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Sonic2006:

Joe Tillen, (AML) this one is my STAR man, even though the above two have scored nearly 20 goals between them. Joe has so far played around 7 games, scored 4 and set up 2. He is the man I can trust to take the ball down the flanks and get it forward. Again this is another free from an expired contract./QUOTE]

Great Player...my fave...helped me with Vauxhall Motors and Frickley Athletic in FM07...

Originally posted by Prank Emperor:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sonic2006:

Joe Tillen, (AML) this one is my STAR man, even though the above two have scored nearly 20 goals between them. Joe has so far played around 7 games, scored 4 and set up 2. He is the man I can trust to take the ball down the flanks and get it forward. Again this is another free from an expired contract.

Great Player...my fave...helped me with Vauxhall Motors and Frickley Athletic in FM07... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived