FM08 - Conference and Below (players named inside)

Sonic2006

Originally posted by GrimKeeper:

Ive found a really good player in my first season with blyth he cant join you till the end f january but hes very good and worth the waithes a 17 year old cm from nambia his stats are awesome on my game.you dont get him straight away but i got him after my first appeal on his work permit. Check him out you guys

Sorry for the double post his name is Mxolosi Mtsetfeua

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Boskovic:

any tips on my money problem? ive already ditched a load of players on mutual termination with no fees. dont see what else i can do as my players are not worth enough to make up the 100k im in debt.

Im currently maidenhead united,no money,found myself creeping into debt after my first month.my solution was to get my reserves and under 18's neither of which have a league to challenge teams like man utd under 18's etc,getting about £26k per game,so my teams are getting games,and im getting money.

With regards to my first team,i got reading as my parent club,loaned a few of their youngsters,church (st) and henry (am r) are fantastic,half way through the season and 9 points clear of braintree,only problem with this is that my success lies with my reading youngsters,have 7 in my first team.

so some of my players are getting unhappy at not playing,but im the manager,i want promotion,and ive been telling them that making tea for my loanees IS part of being a team.

So should get promotion but run the risk of destroying the club in the process,damn i love football icon_smile.gif

Guest ildrugo

I started at Harrogate Town (Blue Square North). I finish my first year and after the Play Off, my team was the runner up that was promoted to the Blue Square Premier. Also thanks to my parent club that loaned us 3 players.

My best purchases last year were Mark Crossely, Robbie Foy, Danny Bolt, Shaun Lamb and Mustapha Hadji last year.

I also bought: Craig Dove (not a bad wing), Brendan Aspinall (don't buy him!!), Lavery Philip (he didn't play so much)

Now, I'm looking for some good player to improve my team but I have no budget. Advices?

Originally posted by Lower League Only:

His determination is a touch low ( 8 ) for me and his pace is bellow 10 but ive offered him a trial so I can assess him a bit better. His technical stats look tastey. Hes 19 on my game.

Ah on my game his passing is 14, pace is 15, his determination is 16 and composure is 12 hes like a younger michael essien on my game but from nambia not ghana lol

Sammy Moore (mc) ipswich free

ibrahim sissoko (mc)free

Louis Dodds (st) free

Scott McGrory (st)free

Cedric Avinel (dc)free

Matthew Saunders (dr)free

Martin Donnelly (aml)free

Sonny Cobbs (dl)free

Mike Williamson (dc) free

If you bring these you will have a squad to challenge for a promotion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lower League Only:

His determination is a touch low ( 8 ) for me and his pace is bellow 10 but ive offered him a trial so I can assess him a bit better. His technical stats look tastey. Hes 19 on my game.

Ah on my game his passing is 14, pace is 15, his determination is 16 and composure is 12 hes like a younger michael essien on my game but from nambia not ghana lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Signed him to a full time contract now, despite his stats hes prooving to be a good midfielder.

Nice find there

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GrimKeeper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lower League Only:

Yeah ive signed him hes coming to me at the end of my first season so its all good.Thanks.

Ah on my game his passing is 14, pace is 15, his determination is 16 and composure is 12 hes like a younger michael essien on my game but from nambia not ghana lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Signed him to a full time contract now, despite his stats hes prooving to be a good midfielder.

Nice find there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok i too have now had the same problem as the art of drowning, my game failed to load i think it may have something to do with quiting th game so soon after loading it because this has happend to me with my havent & waterlooville and afc telford and blyth games now, but never the less ill carry on with lower league management because i can never manage tottenham and do well so back to blyth because they have a cool name and even better badge ill let you lot kno how i get on and if i find anymore good players

Originally posted by ildrugo:

I started at Harrogate Town (Blue Square North). I finish my first year and after the Play Off, my team was the runner up that was promoted to the Blue Square Premier. Also thanks to my parent club that loaned us 3 players.

My best purchases last year were Mark Crossely, Robbie Foy, Danny Bolt, Shaun Lamb and Mustapha Hadji last year.

I also bought: Craig Dove (not a bad wing), Brendan Aspinall (don't buy him!!), Lavery Philip (he didn't play so much)

Now, I'm looking for some good player to improve my team but I have no budget. Advices?

Try randomly praising premiership managers and big european teams. Once you are friends with the managers you will find they are more willing to accept friendlys. You wont feel the benefit in your budget untill the following year but haveing 4 05 tournements every pre season can bank you half a mil

Im still with Blyth now in season 4, still in the BSP but making pleanty of money that will be used in my assault of the leagues. Got £250k to spend at the minute but not going to as i like my freebies to much.

Anyway can still only scout England and the club wont let me have a parent.

Picked up a real gem in Swedish stopper Ola Tidman. Free transfer on £250p/w.

Also got in a new reseave GK in MArk Couzins after he was left to rot at Bath.

Out went Payne and Crossley.

Finally some loans are coming in, got Hillerby, Saiko and Bonar from Boro.

Am I the only person who is finding this game a tad easy ? Im in my second season and on course for the BSP and the FA Trophy... Got knocked out of the Setana Shield by Aldershot >< Was looking for the tripple icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif Ah well....

As for players, yo ive taken a few from the forums and they seem to be fitting in well, the Namibian chappy has been great.

I have Boro as a parent club so managed to get Herold Goulon on a season long loan for the second season, hes class !

I have Folkestone as a feeder club although this deal will be cancaled asap as even my 17 year olds refuse to go there !

If finding the game fairly easy atm and dont really know what this is down to, but a main problem for me is signing players... its hard to get anyone interested in Blyth and they generally F*** off to some Irish / Scottish / Welsh team at the last minute.. Sam Tillen im talking to you !! Grrrrrr

Anyways... Screenies....

http://aycu34.webshots.com/image/32873/2000776933790289781_rs.jpg

My Aldershot Squad. Townsend is off to Derry close season for 70k.

I can recomend Nolan, Sweeney, Raynes, Larkin, Behcet, Ryan, Jordan.

Right now my weakest area is midfield and im desperate for another Left Back.

http://aycu07.webshots.com/image/33206/2000783842952417150_rs.jpg

My staff, note i choose to be a former International at the game start.

http://aycu05.webshots.com/image/32884/2000706086813225663_rs.jpg

The current BSP, having a run away icon_frown.gif

http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/34919/2000760793092322662_rs.jpg

Tactic #1. Has been comented that having my mids run to the wing leaves me open in the middle, this is pants due to my DMC supporting the remaining MC. This formation gives me midfield superiority but still utalises the wings. Ive tried without the wing runs and the Midfield can get static and congested.

http://aycu09.webshots.com/image/32288/2000726055841943622_rs.jpg

Adapted to fit around Di Canio. He has a free role and maxed out creative freedom. Only play this tactic with Di Canio on the pitch.

http://aycu09.webshots.com/image/33008/2000760137547894776_rs.jpg

The Old man of Blyth. That Natural fitness keeps him on the pitch 90 mins and despite his age its hard to leave him out of the team as you can see by his form. Slow on the ball but free role means he has a knack of being in the right place for a pass / shot.

Originally posted by Boskovic:

its probably the fact you chose ex international your having an easy time as you can sign better players and staff.

Well thats the thing man, Its not really helping me to much. The main reason I choose this was to actually ensure i wouldnt lose my job after a few seasons.

I saw many people were getting promoted and then replaced by someone with a better reputation to steer them forwards.

When it comes to actually landing players they still go "Oh Blyth....F*** that !!! "

Least you got a parent club with Blyth, i cant get one.

Saiko from Boro is a decent loan, Bonar is banging them in, had White last season.

Signed Thompson on a free and hutchinson was here for 3 months loan also.

Boro's youths are really good icon_wink.gif

Blasted Kiderminster took the Setana Shield then had the gual to beat me 2-1 in the FA Trophy final.

My boys played like chickens with Jarman missing a side foot tap in and Allen punting a peno to the moon.

Ah well, i won the BSP , Minster finished 6th so didnt even make the play offs.

HAHAHAHA

Anyone know of a way to spark a rivalry between clubs ?

Ie: Arsenal and Man Utd are only rivals cos they keep fighting for the prem. So if you keep buttin heads with the same team will they become a rival ?

Blasted Kiderminster took the Setana Shield then had the gual to beat me 2-1 in the FA Trophy final.

My boys played like chickens with Jarman missing a side foot tap in and Allen punting a peno to the moon.

Ah well, i won the BSP , Minster finished 6th so didnt even make the play offs.

HAHAHAHA

Anyone know of a way to spark a rivalry between clubs ?

Ie: Arsenal and Man Utd are only rivals cos they keep fighting for the prem. So if you keep buttin heads with the same team will they become a rival ?

Yeah they do on my old telford game i kept drawing kettering in all the cups and ended up in a promotion fight with them and by the end of the season they were a rival of mine in the info screen

So i finished my first season last night and won the bsn with blyth and also won the setanta shield beatin oxford in the final, i got to the fa cup 3rd round but got beat by reading.

i have a pretty awesome team now too here it is

i play an attacking 4-4-2

GK.G Douard

RB.N Keady

LB.E Stanford

CB.L Atkin

CB.J Bastelica

RM.S Donnelly

LM.R Foy

CM.Germano (with defensive mid instructions)

CM.M Mtsetfua (With Attacking mid instructions)

CF.N Jarman

CF.M Benaissa

Im guessing you choose former international as you landed Donnelly and Atkin ?

No i chose former proffesional, but i did offer them a £500 a week contract each.

Just started my second season and have gone round every prem team and offered all the players they released a contract

ive read through the whole of this post.. and sorry if im blind but i cant seem to find Nathen Jarman in the leagues i have loaded.. i have 19 leagues loaded, any help appreciated

Originally posted by parkey:

ive read through the whole of this post.. and sorry if im blind but i cant seem to find Nathen Jarman in the leagues i have loaded.. i have 19 leagues loaded, any help appreciated

you need to have all the english leagues loaded as well as all the players loaded from england its on a drop down menu under database size

to get you nathan jarman, it should also get you joe tillen if hes not on your game either

Guest ildrugo
Originally posted by Mini105:

Sammy Moore (mc) ipswich free

ibrahim sissoko (mc)free

Louis Dodds (st) free

Scott McGrory (st)free

Cedric Avinel (dc)free

Matthew Saunders (dr)free

Martin Donnelly (aml)free

Sonny Cobbs (dl)free

Mike Williamson (dc) free

If you bring these you will have a squad to challenge for a promotion

thanks! i vould buy just McGrory, that is a good ST. I'm 4th after 25 matches.

Liam Davis is a good wing, but my best players are still tomi ameobi (for free from leeds) and stefan connor (on loan from leeds).

Guest ildrugo
Originally posted by dhfckail9:

Leroy Williams (free agent) AM RLC, FC

Scott Bridges (free agent) ST

James Winter (Free agent) GK

All good signings for lower league sides.

i have none of them.

ok guys i got in to league 2 on the final day of the season with my blyth spartans side.so thats 2 promotions in 2 seasons.just about to have my first game in league 2 now and ive over hauld my backroom staff signing more experienced better ones.and i have a pretty awesome first team and reserves from all the premiership frees ive been getting, and my bank balance is over a 1 million.and i now get to choose what type of feeder club i want when i ask for them.god i love his game well done si

ok guys i got in to league 2 on the final day of the season with my blyth spartans side.so thats 2 promotions in 2 seasons.just about to have my first game in league 2 now and ive over hauld my backroom staff signing more experienced better ones.and i have a pretty awesome first team and reserves from all the premiership frees ive been getting, and my bank balance is over a 1 million.and i now get to choose what type of feeder club i want when i ask for them.god i love his game well done si

Yup pretty much the same..

In the CCL2 im now 1 / 1 / 1

Then got thrashed out of the League Cup 6-0 by Reading. Fans loved that one ><

My team is pretty much the core foundation of players that got me out of the BSS.

Ciran Ryan

Seb Pilhourd

Sweeney

Nolan

Sheku Kamara

Jarmin

Jordan

Allen

All still regulars

Just snapped up Jonathan Pringle for 16k from Institute ? Think they are Northen Irish ?

Hes something like 4 goals in 2 games making a great start icon_smile.gif Only 20. He came highly recomended by my scouts.

Di Canio is about to retire but passed on all his knowlege to 17 year old Kyle Greer !

Went for a WP based feeder club and got decline ><

Guest ildrugo
Originally posted by dhfckail9:

ildrugo - load all english players, that should get you them. if it helps, scott bridges is the ex-villa striker.

how can i load all english players?

Just snapped up Jonathan Pringle for 16k from Institute ? Think they are Northen Irish ?

Hes something like 4 goals in 2 games making a great start icon_smile.gif Only 20. He came highly recomended by my scouts.

I highly recommend him too. I bought him during my first season at Matlock on a free transfer, and he has been with the club for 4 years running. He has been my top goalscorer in all but one season, and is now described as 'would be a good signing for a league one side' at the age of 24. Pretty good considering I'm still in blue square premier :p.

Lee Windrum GK from Brantwood(NI second div)

If you can muster about 3k hes yours. scout says good league 1. icon_smile.gif

Mark McDaid MRC on free.

Not amazing but good enough to help get promotion.

Colin Mack FC on free.

Not the quickest but can hit the net and will give everything to the cause.

Playing as AFC Telford season 2010/11 currently in BSP

Dax Hoogerwerf - Striker - Scores 40+ goals a season

Joshua Home - Smith - Striker

Curtis Ujah - Dc

Look at freed players from premier league clubs at end of season always a great source of finding rough diamonds,

Scouts are rubbish , best advice is to sign players full time and get good coaches.

I have restarted as Vauxhalls as i had got side tracked by other projects. Anyway id losy motivation to return to my other game and started afresh.

Signings

N. Jarman

G. Palmer

W. Beckett

J. Walkley

M. Forker

R. Payne

M. Wicks

L. Atkins

S. Hole

also just bought in Msetfuea (sp?) but due to my loan signing of Bjarni Vidarsson from Everton i dont think he will play much unless i play him as the more defensive midfielder where Forker plays.

Also Tranmere sent me Mike Jones on loan and he is a great right winger getting loads of assists so far for my team.

The start of the show undoubtedly though is Vidarsson. I know i wont be able to sign him next season though but Msetfuea will replace him then.

Anyway, im top of the league after 16 games won 10 drawn 5 lost 1 so things are looking good. Ive kept almost completely to the signings i made in my previous game.

A couple of players that may be good for L2 and L1 are Kozar, a slovakian striker who is very quick and Alex Fernandez, a spanish striker who scores for fun. Both can be picked up for free.

i have just finished my first season doing the whole LLM thing and loved it.

went Worchester, got promoted.

my recommendations are,

ciaran clarke dc - aston villa (loan)

harry forrestor am/fc - aston villa (loan)

scott lucas mc - free

daryl clare st - free (emmense 32 goals in 49 games)

Lewsi Christon dc - already with team, solid centre back

manged to aston villa as parent club, so was well chuffed when they sent me 3 of their hottest youngsters, they single handedle transformed my season.

i cant remeber his name but they have a hungarian attacking mid, he was unreal.

get him if you can, he came to me in january and scored something like 23 goals. from midfield!!!!!!!! QUALITY ASSURED

RE: an earlier post.

But i managed to find Lauri Dalla Valle by chance, just looking around random clubs. (Without recomendation from this forum, as I had 'come across him' on last years FM.

Anyway: Emil Kenzhisariev

He is Kyrgyzstani (sp?), he plays for a Kazakhi club, and is only worth a few thousand notes. Great set piece taker and crosser of the ball.

Does great when youve got a big lump in the middle to head them in!

just finished my first season with york city!

basically replaced the whole team, but they already have a gem of a midfielder in manny panther, who according to the press is due a premiership team!!

signed winston parks, n he is amazing!! played 30 scored 30!!!

nathan jarman is a solid performer always puts in his all!!

loan signings david gray, maghoma n van den berg are also ripping up the conference!!!

im now a converted LLM!!!! no more premiership, until york are in it!

Originally posted by ceej361:

just finished my first season with york city!

basically replaced the whole team, but they already have a gem of a midfielder in manny panther, who according to the press is due a premiership team!!

signed winston parks, n he is amazing!! played 30 scored 30!!!

nathan jarman is a solid performer always puts in his all!!

loan signings david gray, maghoma n van den berg are also ripping up the conference!!!

im now a converted LLM!!!! no more premiership, until york are in it!

Hehe its these sorts of posts that bring a tear to my eye.

I had Manny Panther and he didnt really perform for me icon_frown.gif

I had gotten into league 2 but like many, my save game went tits up..

so im debating starting up as Blyth........again.....

Archived