FM08 - Conference and Below (players named inside)

Sonic2006

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks rashidi

and

gutted The Art of Drowning

dont give up tho, just think of it as a chance to learn from mistakes made in the previous game when you start a new one.

-------------------------------------------

So i was offered a contract with one week remaining of my previous one. This one is for two years and they still hope for us to establish ourselves in the Blue Square North. Im on £200 a week which is nice for a part time wage. Ive been given my first ever transfer budget of £3k but i wont be spending that unless necerssary.

ive lost two games this season but for some reason i cant stop drawing games. im 5th in the league and im still hopefull as my three previous seasons i had amazing runs after xmas so im hoping for another one which should propel me to the top of the league.

i missed out on two players in the close season. one a sub striker and one a great center half. The striker was based on the popular thought that pace has a big influence in this version and the defender was a big John Terry esque center half.

The name of the defender was Ashley Hodgkinson i think. He would have been perfect alongside my other center half Oliver Harker-Smith who has been a great buy for us. i seriously recommend signing both of them. They were both frees. I cant remember the strikers name.

Anyway im hopefull of promotion this season and were touted as joint favorites with beaten play off finalists droylesdon.

Nick Murtagh Free

Very good defender! Past 3 versions of the game i have brought him and he turns out wicked! Glad i found him again. ALL PLAYERS though have to be loaded

Also really weird, was playing as fisher and got a 5 year contract that was weird, then my game has a bug so started again and now only a two year =(

yeah you tend to get around 10 each year. i usually keep them till they get promoted to the reserve team. Then i transfer list them all and you occasionally get a couple of k for a few of them. I usually promote the guy that my assistant manager says is the pick of the buch to the first team.

yeh Blyth are fun, just transfer list the whole team and start again like i did icon_cool.gif

Also when choosing your manager stats, make sure your a former international.

People like Atkin & Sheku Kamara will want to join

Also Blyth parent clubs will be Newcastle or Middlesborough or Brentford...

Boro have some ace players to take on loan!

Im not a fan of the old sell all your players and buy 11 new ones routine as its a bit unrealistic but you can play how you like.

-----------------------------------

ok, just finished my first season and have won the Blue Square North. Its been a good season with William Beckett and Nathen Jarmen both up for the player of the year award. Ive been there or there abouts all season and have felt really confident through out of winning the league. Our worst run was near the start of the season where we didnt win in 4 games but we drew two of them.

Actually im not sure i have mentioned William Beckett before.

William Beckett - AMCL/FC - English - Signed for free from some lower league club.

He racked up over 20 assists for me this season playing on the left wing and isnt goal shy either. He is only young too.

So for next season im gonna try and sign Ashley Hodgekinson (DC) who i missed out on at the start of the season to Hednesford who incidently are in the play offs and have the best defence in the league. I may look to sign a few back up players too. Other than that my board have said they will improve training facilities.

Originally posted by Boskovic:

Im not a fan of the old sell all your players and buy 11 new ones routine as its a bit unrealistic but you can play how you like.

ok, just finished my forth season and have won the Blue Square North. Its been a good season with William Beckett and Nathen Jarmen both up for the player of the year award. Ive been there or there abouts all season and have felt really confident through out of winning the league. Our worst run was near the start of the season where we didnt win in 4 games but we drew two of them.

William Beckett - AMCL/FC - English - Signed for free from some lower league club.

He racked up over 20 assists for me this season playing on the left wing and isnt goal shy either. He is only young too.

So for next season im gonna try and sign Ashley Hodgekinson (DC) who i missed out on at the start of the season to Hednesford who incidently are in the play offs and have the best defence in the league. I may look to sign a few back up players too. Other than that my board have said they will improve training facilities.

corrected

Originally posted by Boskovic:

ok, just finished my first season and have won the Blue Square North. Its been a good season with William Beckett and Nathen Jarmen both up for the player of the year award. Ive been there or there abouts all season and have felt really confident through out of winning the league. Our worst run was near the start of the season where we didnt win in 4 games but we drew two of them.

not sure if I agree with the 1st line, it's quite common in non league football for new managers to come in and completely change the team. So with Aylesburys rate of manager turnover we nearly always have an entirely new team every year icon_biggrin.gif

anyway I've started again as Hucknall and won my 1st 5 games so far, signed a few aussies this time, 2 midfielders called maisano look class.

Season three. Blyth BSP.

Some big names have come in.

Carl Cort, Marc Bridge-Wilkinson, Sergio Torres, Neil Wainwright, Ndumbu-Nsungu, Magno Vieira, Rigoglioso, Brian Close, Ben Bowditch, ex Gooner Matthew Rose.

Nearly got Michael Bridge also but he went to Darlo.

Clearly got too many forwards but the idea is to try and keep everyone happy as long as i can then start the sales and make some cash.

Got Hutchinson on loan from Boro along with his team mate Joe Bennett.

Ok, a few of you are into the second season and beyond ( Blyth also look to be a favourite ) anyways...

How on earth are you keeping your sanity with regards to teams comming in for your players ??

After a landslide BSN victory and glory in the Setana Shield ive not got a lot of hot property.

Teams are comming in bidding for my first team players on an anoying basis.

Ok fine, i sold of Hutch to Motherwell for 55k icon14.gif

And then reluctantly parted with Atkin , to Kilmarnok for 85k

And Foster went to Oxford for 20k.

But im now 2 games into my second season, and clubs are anoying me bidding for my players.

No option exists to say " Not for sale at any price " and i dont want to just decline all offers because, as shown with the above 3, I love a healthy bargin sale !

Anyways, this is the severity of it at the moment..... Imagine 2-3 bids per player per load time.

http://aycu08.webshots.com/image/33127/2002342719134394525_rs.jpg

Originally posted by Lower League Only:

Ok, a few of you are into the second season and beyond ( Blyth also look to be a favourite ) anyways...

How on earth are you keeping your sanity with regards to teams comming in for your players ??

After a landslide BSN victory and glory in the Setana Shield ive not got a lot of hot property.

Teams are comming in bidding for my first team players on an anoying basis.

Ok fine, i sold of Hutch to Motherwell for 55k icon14.gif

And then reluctantly parted with Atkin , to Kilmarnok for 85k

And Foster went to Oxford for 20k.

But im now 2 games into my second season, and clubs are anoying me bidding for my players.

No option exists to say " Not for sale at any price " and i dont want to just decline all offers because, as shown with the above 3, I love a healthy bargin sale !

Anyways, this is the severity of it at the moment..... Imagine 2-3 bids per player per load time.

http://aycu08.webshots.com/image/33127/2002342719134394525_rs.jpg

Haha I just won my first season with Elgin City, and all my players except one say "WNT" and everytime I load I get some cheeky clubs trying to get Tillen for 8k. I don't think so!!! icon_mad.gif

I got some good players scouted out... not sure where they start, but should be pretty cheap and quality...

--average

Alan Rattray (4 stars, good rotation, D RC)

Lewis Sloan (4 stars, decent player, paid 10k for him a bit overpriced) AM C

--best

Stuart Kelly AMC/Forward, lots of stars

Paul Lunan D/WB R, DM, AM RC, lots of stars

Ramon Calliste striker, 29(5) appr, 30 goals, 14 assistants, 11 mom, 7.60 avg

Damien O'Neil, 17 year old striker, 4 stars, potentional to be 2 orange stars.

Guest tom_moore85

Hi all, am currently exeter city. Currently riding high at the top of the table coming up to xmas, also beat huddersfield 4-0 in 1st round and Bristol Rovers 1-0 in 2nd round of FA cup both at home (was hoping for a good home draw but got watford away in the 3rd round) playing a 4-1-4-1 formation most games with midfielders bombing forward. I really recommend it.

Got David Gray & Chris Basham RB/RM

Matt Carbon in at CB

Quality left winger called Millsom

Scott Donnelly on the right

Can't remember the name of my CB/DCM but he is lass, will get back to you (think its kamara)

Carrs at CM who is 31 but is oustanding at this level..

also have stopforth and Maghoma in the middle.

Upfront I have Dawkins who bangs in the goals.

Have signed Sam Hewson who's worth 1.1m for the next window and Duran who looks immense. Gonna have far too many centre midfielders now not sure wat to do.

Am desperately lookin for a goal keeper ANY SUGGESTIONS? have looked at an arsenal one annayon or sumthing but my scouts dont rate him..

Having a real issue actually signing players at the moment.

No one wants to join my Blyth team. Lucky i have Middlesborough as a parent i get some class from them if i need it. I sold my left back anticipating the arival of a new one but he shocked me and buggered off to Weymouth at the last minute. Now trying to sign a Cameroon U21 just the dreaded Work Permit.

*** The Ultimate Blue Square North/South Signings***

Just got through reading this tread, and I noticed a lot of above decent players listed...

I found a lot of REAL gems that are way better than most ones listed here (Sorry I don't mean to brag, but its a fact) I signed a long list of players for Maidenhead, who started out as a really crappy newly promoted team in the Blue Square South. Several of these players are rated championship/premier league material. Of course I am winning nearly every match and I'm undefeated 2/3 through the first season.

Here are my signings (all bougt for free or less than 5K £):

Super signings:

Michael Herbert - GK

Julien Niel – GK

Bastien Brugnans – DC

Romain Sabathier - DR

Medji Zemzemi – DRC

Julien Addis - DL

Travis Binnion - DL, MC

Stéphane Odet DRC, DM

Sabri Khelfa – DM

Germano – DM

Dominique Aulanier – AM RLC

Marc Zanotti - AM LC

Sébastien Macé – AMR

Gaël Hiroux – AML, FC

Arnaud Ribas – AML, FC

Soufiane Koné - ST

Longaray – ST

Simon Church – ST

Rogerio Moreira – ST

Also great signings:

Luke Daniels – GK

Arnaud Dodard – GK

Jeff Forsyth – DC

Adam Bygrave – DC

Eric Scalia - D/WBR

Laurent Grimaud – D/WB RL

Lee Paul Scroggins – MC

James Ashmore – MC

Kevin - MC (From Dinamo)

Diego Bortolozzo – AMC

Diego Cledy – AM RC, FC

Joe Tillen – AML

Léo – D/WBR (From Ipiranga)

Michael Zaalman – AML

Junior Dadson – AMR

Gwenaël Guégan – ST

Jonathan Pringle – ST

Probably you need to load all English, French and Brazilian players to be able to find them all.

Good game to all icon_smile.gif

Jesp didnt Simon Church upset your fans when he came? When he joined my dulwich team on trial he started mouthing off about how he was going to show the club how to play football which upset my players and fans. So i signed a Titus Elva instead the St Lucia International. Much better player, the ultimate hit man. ;-)

Originally posted by Jesp:

I found a lot of REAL gems that are way better than most ones listed here (Sorry I don't mean to brag, but its a fact)

come on mate this isnt a place to brag but discuss players. some players work for some teams in some formations but not others. People wont take kindly to statements like these

Originally posted by Jesp:

I found a lot of REAL gems that are way better than most ones listed here (Sorry I don't mean to brag, but its a fact)

Yeh I dont want to sound like an Arse, but im in the BSP and i cant send a scout out of England.

So i would love to know how you found all of those guys.

Like Boskovic also said, one mans Rooney is another mans Pony, im sure some players are great / crap depending on the save game.

Anyways, my latest signing is quite funny.

Paulo Di Canio !!!!!!! Aged 40

Yeah i have to agree with llo and boskovic here jesop, we like to dscuss players not boast about them, also llo is right they may be awesome on your game but i went around looking for them all and there stats arnt as gud as the players i have in my team which are the players you said they were better than, so llo is right i think it just depends on your save game as to who is good and bad especially for players in llm as opposed to the bigger well known players.

actually Re: Brazilians

Have they got secondary nationalities ?

So far ive only attempted to sign one player who needed a work permit. I was expecting him to arrive and be greyed out then i could loan him or w/e. But just like in FM06 i cant land the guy due to him being refused a work permit. Hes a 19 year old U21 capped player. Frankly its infuritating as im trying to land a left back and no bugger wants to come to me. Although i am gonna snap up Sam ( yes Sam ) Tillen as he was fired following a broken leg. Just waiting for him to get fit again so i can snap him up.

I am specifically looking for a GK as the ones that have been mentioned earlier refuse to join Blyth Spartans. Any ideas? not just handy as my current GK is handy but good.

Can anybody also list some good loan players that are prepared to drop into conference national or blue star north/south.

Cheers

Joey anyinsah very good attacking midfielder got him free from preston.Why my strikers aren't convert chances into goals?I got good strikers and that's why i'm losing games.Any help please?

Originally posted by philwood:

I am specifically looking for a GK as the ones that have been mentioned earlier refuse to join Blyth Spartans. Any ideas? not just handy as my current GK is handy but good.

Can anybody also list some good loan players that are prepared to drop into conference national or blue star north/south.

Cheers

Hey im playing s blyth now and ive signed russel payne rom crumlin united and gregory douard from the same team that balde comes from try either of those there both very good.i usually keep payne for a season then sell him as he dosent tend to do as good in the bsp.

Originally posted by Mini105:

Joey anyinsah very good attacking midfielder got him free from preston.Why my strikers aren't convert chances into goals?I got good strikers and that's why i'm losing games.Any help please?

What sort of formation are you playing?and also have you given them any induvidual instructions?also do your strikers have good composure stats?

I'm using 4-4-2 formation.yep my two strikers got finishing,composure,pace and acceleration between 12-13.I think for conference they are quite good.Usually I don'g give individual insructions.

Originally posted by Mini105:

I'm using 4-4-2 formation.yep my two strikers got finishing,composure,pace and acceleration between 12-13.I think for conference they are quite good.Usually I don'g give individual insructions.

ok well they sound good enough, try giving them induvidual instructions, i give them to all the team but i just use the already made ones in the drop down menu,i play a 4-4-2 attacking formation but with no arrows, and just induvidual instructions like for my rb i choose the full backs instruction try that with your strikers and see if that works.

well now what i did is arranged a bit team instructions made a tight marking,direct passing and quick tempo seems like going better.Thanks for your help m8

Originally posted by philwood:

Cheers

Russell Payne

And search for a Parent you should get Boro or Newcastle suggested.

I play as Spartans as well and my keepers are Payne and Darren Behcet

My formation is also listed already in this thread. But its a modified 5-3-2

Ive adapted it to a diamond pushing one of my mids up as a Attacking Mid ( this is only when Paulo Di Canio plays though ) Hes given Full creative freedom and a free role.

You would be shocked to see the performance in the BSP of the 40 year old !!

7(2)apps

2 goals

4 assists

Avr 7:22

Danny Simpson on loan from Man Utd, contributing 0% of his wage. Came to Aberdeen for the season. Averaging 7.73 after 36 games.

No chance of permanent deal though

Ive found a really good player in my first season with blyth he cant join you till the end f january but hes very good and worth the waithes a 17 year old cm from nambia his stats are awesome on my game.you dont get him straight away but i got him after my first appeal on his work permit. Check him out you guys

Archived