FM08 - Conference and Below (players named inside)

Sonic2006

Lol, oh my word. Just started a new game as Sutton United. Signed a few good players, tillen, hegan, balde, tarrassenko etc.

I then luckily got Arsenal as a parent club, and they announced they are gonna send Nordtveit on loan to me!!!! He's a premiership class centre-back. So lucky !

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yin n doin r 2 diffrent things tho ***

Originally posted by chilli_puzzle:

any ideas for second and 3rd season signings to get promoted to league 2, thanks

Yeah try looking through premiership clubs and championship and league 1 clubs for all the released players, and try the non contract pages because you get some really good regens on there from strange countries like bermuda who are very good!

Ok to cut a long story short i quit from my stalybridge team because my board were always sticking their noses in my business. so i started a new game as hinckley united,

got promoted in my first season, then in my second season i won the fa trophy, the setanta shield and the blue square premiership. so im just starting my preseason now and heres the big news nicolas millan has signed for hinckley from colo colo for 200k.

how amazing is that

This is for new people visiting this thread, a few months back I created a shortlist that is full of good players that are interetsed in joining lower league sides (conference and below maybe league 2). It has over 700 downloads at the moment and has recieved some very good feekback!

CLICK ME

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Click that and follow the instructions !

Originally posted by Sonic2006:

Have spent a long time building up a decent team with free players on FM08 with Exeter.

Just thought, for anybody who is struggling finding decent players this low down I might give a few tips.

1) There is a decent database of good, free players. Use this, if you have money in a transfer budget, well you are lucky. I do think this would be better transferred over into your wage budget though.

2) Spend a good hour, if you can sifting through the players who don't have clubs. There are some gems who will really improve your team. I will list my star players at the end of this thread.

3) Take a chance and offer clubs £0k for their transferred players, a lot of the time you might be able to pick up a player from a higher league, for nothing because the team wants to get rid. Worth trying - but remember, some players want a decent wage.

4) Keep a very close eye on the budget when going for players, its essential you keep money spare incase a decent player does come up - and this can happen.

5) Use the loan system to pick up some players as well, there are a lot of decent players who are on the Transfer or loan list.

Finally, to the point of this post, for those who want to find some decent players for a Conference / Lower League team.

My Gems are;

Carl Asaba; Has all round decent stats for the league. Will score goals and is also a decent leader. Has scored 9 in 12 for me so far and can be picked up for free. (expired)

Nathan Jarman; A striker with a decent amount of pace. A little in-consistant but if you can get him scoring goals he goes like a mad-man, another free transfer. Has scored 8 in 14 for me.

Joe Tillen, (AML) this one is my STAR man, even though the above two have scored nearly 20 goals between them. Joe has so far played around 7 games, scored 4 and set up 2. He is the man I can trust to take the ball down the flanks and get it forward. Again this is another free from an expired contract.

Hope this helps a little.

Caught your thread looking through the forums and I couldn't agree more on those points Sonic, esp. out of contract players.

Have managed Lewes 3 seasons now with 3rd in BSS twice (won play-off 2nd season), and 14th BSP last (though somewhat underperformed) and have only bought 1 player via transfer (Laith Bader £1,000 from Rotherham) with a whopping 79 players signed out of contract, of whom around 40 have subsequently been released/transferred. Indeed, I spend a very large amount of time checking out players out of contract, for as you say, there are some real gems available (although I too had Joe Tillen, yet while he definitely showed much promise, did not really do much for me through injury and lack of fitness).

A few points I thought might be worth adding to the discussion are:

1) Get 1 or 2 scouts with decent JPA and JPP stats (although LL clubs will almost certainly not be able to attract/afford those with top ratings - mine have 12 & 10 and 8 & 12 respectively, which are perfectly adequate at this level) and get them busy submitting Report Cards on any players given Quality/Definite Purchase/At All Costs/Whatever the Price ratings by your Assman in the Approach to Sign option (provided, of course, they are willing to sign and you can afford the wage they are looking for - which is usually slightly above what they are initially asking for). Once you have analysed the first report card, it is well worth getting a second card immediately - and from the same scout as the first card - for any players you feel might be right for your team, which will then provide more in-depth info and (if, like me, you have this set to minimal in the game set-up) will also reveal more Player Profile Attributes.

2) Offering a trial of say 3 to 4 weeks is a highly useful 2nd step in the process, and is essential if they are players outside of your scouting zones (I picked up plenty of very good young players out of contract from Ireland and Wales last season and this was the only way I could assess them), since this will then generate reports from all your coaches, as well as fill in any gaps remaining in the Player Profile Attributes, which obviously helps enormously in your final assessment. Moreover, I have quite often found that a player's wage demands decrease slightly once on trial at the club (although they can sometimes, but not too often, increase slightly). However, if a player wants wages at the top end of your clubs wage structure, or any club(s) of better standing are interested, more often than not they will reject a trial offer, but it is still worth asking. From my own experience, whether or not you actually arrange any friendly matches so as to accomodate them (although I generally do), or run a team in a reserve league, is not necessarily important as they obviously want to impress and will usually play to a high rating in these games, which may not truly reflect their longer term consistency. Nevertheless, this step does help to firm up your decision whether or not to sign them - but be aware that another club can sign them from under your nose while on trial at yours, as has happened to me twice!

3) Always check the competition. While bigger/more reputable clubs might also be interested, it does not mean they will refuse to sign for you, since they may only figure as rotational or backup players at those clubs whereas they could well be first team players at yours - it just means you may either have to be quick to get their signature or be prepared to offer a bit more in wages/team status than you would really prefer. But if it means getting a very good player, that is undoubtedly a small price to pay in the long run.

Some of the scoutable gems I found:

David Buchanan - AM LC (truly inspirational winger badly missed through injury good part of last season)

Liam Henderson - ST (the top goalscorer with 20 goals last season - and, I have to say, would undoubtedly have scored more if I had run the team a bit better tactically!)

Mike Williams - D LC (consistently a mainstay in defence)

Matt Somner - DM (a rock in midfield, utterly consistent throughout last season)

Medi Elito - AM R (great team player & goal-scoring winger)

Seriously good, up-and-coming youngsters I could not scout and so had to trial:

Darren Botley, 17yo - AM/F C (Irish)

Alan Beard, 17yo - M C (Welsh)

James Tromans, 18yo - ST (Welsh)

Liam Burns, 19yo - GK (Irish)

Paul Williams, 17yo - D R (Welsh)

So just keep looking, they're all out there to be found! And as already suggested by Sonic, try to keep a bit by for that unexpected find.

just got very lucky..

i'm hitchin in BSP 08/09 and ive just got pekhart and archibald-henville on loan from spurs..my new parent team!

thats definitely worth it, a premiership parent team will always send you good young players.

pekhart has 8 goals in 4 games and a-h has 2 and hes a centre back! icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by MatthewF:

just got very lucky..

i'm hitchin in BSS 08/09 and ive just got pekhart and archibald-henville on loan from spurs..my new parent team!

thats definitely worth it, a premiership parent team will always send you good young players.

pekhart has 8 goals in 4 games and a-h has 2 and hes a centre back! icon_wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a new update which starts in 2008, the forthcoming season IRL....

Started a game as Torquay United, on a Huge database.

Other than a friendly against Reading Reserves, which i lost 2-0..... i haven't lost a game yet, and i'm up to the 17th November

First in the BSP, 12 Points clear of 2nd, Played 20, Won 16, Drawn 4, Lost 0, Scored 34 goals, Conceded 9.

Caused an Upset in the FA Cup, Beating Bristol Rovers 2-1.

I Spent HOURS searching through national teams for Free Players. After Releasing all but 4 Torquay Players... I started my little revolution, bringing 40 players in, 3 of which are loans, one of which actually cost money... Leon Constantine for 6k.

Doing this has brought results! If you can pick any of the following players up, i recommend doing so

Joshua Wagenaar - Canada Goalkeeper

Frank Sinclair - Jamaica Defender

Zizi Roberts - Liberia Striker

Seyfo Soley - English Defender

Densil Theobald - T&T Striker

Mamadu Alphajor Bah - Sierra Leone Midfielder

what great defenders can i get that are unattached?

Who for? I've just got Magnus Svensson (38) for my Rushden squad from Vinberg. Yes, he's old, but my Coach reports say he's a "decent signing for most Premier Division side." :p So i'm well chuffed. On mine, he's a DR/DMC. But he's competent at DL/C, ML/R and a natural DMC/MC

Don't know if you would need to load the Swedish leagues in, but he's worth it for a couple of seasons. He's going to be an immense figurehead in my back three (I play 3-5-2, always.)

quick question... what tactics do u guys use when starting in bs-s/n??

BS-N/S/P: I always use 3-5-2. I find that, if I get a quality keeper with a decent defence, they can cope well enough for the other 7 players to be attacking outright and making goals left, right and centre.

This is for new people visiting this thread, a few months back I created a shortlist that is full of good players that are interetsed in joining lower league sides (conference and below maybe league 2). It has over 700 downloads at the moment and has recieved some very good feekback!

CLICK ME

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Click that and follow the instructions !

Links broken.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had a great game on the go for many seasons now with Lyon and moved threw the years. Ive decided to start a fresh and go try work my way threw the leagues and years again. I have downloaded an update and gone with Boston Utd in Conf North. Would Anyone like to give me any tips hints or anything to help me out to start off with please.

Have to load up Poland and France, but these players are pretty good;

GK Sergiusz Prusak

GK Krzystof Lesek

GK Michael Herbet

DR Adam Samiec

DR Frederic Lemasson

DL Ludovic Mary

DL Arnaud Bertheux

DC Cristophe Destruhaut

DC Sebastien Dailly

DC Abel Favry

DC Romain Badet

DM Cristhophe Hogard

DM Baptiste Llop

MC Marcin Stanislawski

MC Grzergorz Rajman

MR Slawomir Kaminski

MR Marcin Garuch

ML Marc Zanotti

ML Szymon Maziarz

ST Rogerio Moreira

ST Patrick Percin

ST Michal Protasewicz

ST Pawel Wojdala

ST Wojciech Jurak

ST Joseph Tarrassenko

1) French Striker called Labejot, (French Regional load).

2) Romanian Left-Back called Filaret, (No additional leagues).

3) Romanian Striker called Tucudean, (Romanian League Load, rarely with no additional leagues).

4) Bosnian Central Midfielder called Mulamehic, (Appears 60% of the time, or Bosnian player load).

5) Esmir Sabic (obviously).

6) Slovenian Striker called Erik, (Slovenian League load)

7) Bulgarian Striker called Chipchev, (Bulgarian League load)

8) Ransford Osei, (if capped internationally)

9) Bulgarian Winger called Denes, (Bulgarian League load)

10) Bulgarian Defensive Midfielder called Ninov, (Bulgarian League load)

Can you now return the favour my footballing alchemists?

Started as Redditch in BSN - media reckon we will finish 22nd - Its now end of December in first season and we're 3rd in the league!!!

My star signings:

Sean Coburn - RM - Always plays well, gets in plenty of crosses, loads of assists and a handful of goals

Dave McEwen - STAR striker - 21 in 25

Joe Flurry - McEwens partner - 17 in 24

Jered Stirling - LB

Ryan Ashford - LW

Other signings are decent but nowt to write home about!!

Have tried to sign many of the players on here, but a lot of them aren't showing up in my game. Have just signed Osei, and his stats are amazing!! Haven't managed to get any loans in, no one wants to come. And board turned down my first request for a parent club, am gonna try again in January.

Cheers

Hey

Was slightly surprised not to find any of the guys I've bought mentioned here. I'm playing as Redditch, first season, given odds of 1000-1 and told to avoid relegation. You get the idea. They ain't good. Seriously. So, I buy in loads on frees etc (no transfer kitty, obviously). After 19 games in all competitions, they've scored 50 goals, conceded 6 and are sitting at the top of the table with a 5 point cushion. My philosophy is score and its much harder to lose, so I concentrate on the attack. I find Tillen,Jarman et al will not come to my club, ever. However, I would appreciate peoples opinions of those who will. I don't worry about age. We're so bad, its really difficult to get young, ambitious players in so if they're good, they're in, regardless of age....check my leftback LOL

Gavin Arthur, 34, central midfielder from PSNI. 7 goals in 19.

Neil Young, 28, striker, unattached 9 in 12 full and 1 sub appearance

Scott Mclean, striker, unattached, age 31. 8 in 10 and 7 sub appearance

Dwyer Hill, 28, striker from Lurgan Celtic. 6 in 6 and 2 sub appearance

Colin Mack, 29, from Ballymacash, 2 in 5.

Tony Folan, Right winger. 2 in 18, but 10 assists.

Paul Owens, 24 year old left midfielder, 7 assists in 14

Greg Davidson, 41 (yeah, 41) Defensive left. 1 sub (18 minutes) 1 assist

Tony Creaney, 31, central midfield, 1 assist in 1 sub appearance.

I also have, from the original squad, Liam Daley, central defender, 5 goals in 19. You don't see some midfielders scoring almost 1 in 4. The rest aren't nearly as good, but I do have 11 scorers already. LMK what you think of my new guys.

Not posted on this thread before, but after some research I have been playing a game as Leigh RMI. I went for Leigh because they start off, on patch 8.02, with a ground capacity of 7500 which becomes 10,000 the following season when they move to a new stadium.

I decided to be really thorough with this game and I also loaded lots of additional player databases. I accessed these in game by creating various international managers and then saved their "search player" lists as a shortlist. I guess it depends on how you look at this, whether you think this is cheating or whether it assists you to find the best possible players in the world who will come to your club. Anyway, here are some recommendations of really (relatively speaking) good players who came to BSN/BSP.

Argentinian Players with EU eligibility:

Luciano Mazzina

Andres Bressan

Luciano Lo Blanco

Sebastian Ferrero

Luis Calvo

Juan Manuel Quevedo

Brazilian players with EU eligibility:

Zacarias (possibly the best of the lot)

Dide

Eder Junior Lazzari

Andre

Fabio Rosa

Polish

The Harpenden Town thread lists some good Polish players, but here are some more:

Slawomir Janicki

Lucasz Stasiak (unbelievable really; young 6'6" target man)

Adrian Bergier

Klaudiusz Latkowski

Maciej Budka

Others:

Jermaine Hue

Francisco Donzelot

Ludovic Mary

Suffice to say BSN/BSP were very unequal contests and Leigh sailed through easily.

I'm now in League 2 and the amount of players willing to sign is much greater. A host of Argentinians and particularly Brazilians are willing to sign. At this point too the El Salvadorians/Guatemalans/Hondurans/Panamanians who get work permits all sign and they are, for the money, really high quality. Additionally the following sign:

Mea Vitali (Venezuelan international), Sashi Chalwe (Zambian international), Loko (Angolan international) and two class Chileans called Nicolas Corvetto and Diego De Gregorio.

Hope some of these players are of use to you!

• 3 weeks later...

Few players I've signed on my non-league travels: Bear in mind my database is updated often, so if he's moved clubs, I've put both.

Stuart Fleetwood-Charlton/Forest Green: If you're using the updated database, he'll start off at Charlton, but be left in the reserves, where his value will diminish. He'll definitely come to you on loan, and you should be able to get him for £40K permanently. Will score goals.

Scott Laird-Stevenage/Plymouth: Very versatile, can play left back, or centre midfield, also chips in with the odd goal.

Stuart Beavon-Weymouth: Amazing player, but really expensive, Weymouth want silly money for him. About £250K, a 30 goal a season striker in Conference, and League 2.

Pa-Malick Joof-Fallersleben: Very good DM

Stacy Long-Ebbsfleet: Good playmaker, and appears to be quite good at free kicks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived