FM08 - Conference and Below (players named inside)

Sonic2006

Originally posted by Mike_Cardinal:

That's utterly mental mate.

I stormed the BSP first season, but League 2 is going fairly awfully.

I was awful in League 2 until January, decided then to get rid of all the underperformers and sign a bunch of cheapo French and Polish players, ended up scraping 7th on the last game and won the playoffs.

Also got a couple of extra loans in Jan as well.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my interest in FM08 has dropped lately so I've decided to try my hand at llm and get a long term game going. Theres a few things I'd like to know and this thread is too long for me to go through it all so here it goes:

My team will a Blue Square North/South team.

I need to know what countries to load etc for the good cheap / free players to show up.

Im going to need basically a whole new team I would imagine so all reccomendations welcomed.

Ill keep you updated on my game if you like / i remember but i need a quick shove in the right direction. Thanks a million in advance!

Originally posted by glory utd:

Well my interest in FM08 has dropped lately so I've decided to try my hand at llm and get a long term game going. Theres a few things I'd like to know and this thread is too long for me to go through it all so here it goes:

I need to know what countries to load etc for the good cheap / free players to show up.

Im going to need basically a whole new team I would imagine so all reccomendations welcomed.

Ill keep you updated on my game if you like / i remember but i need a quick shove in the right direction. Thanks a million in advance!

Load all players from England, might sound stupid but even on the best database with all english leagues loaded, some of the class players dont show up.

France is also important, some class french players who are going out of contract and will happily join conf south clubs (boubacar Balder, Mohammed Benaissa for example)

ive also found a lot of good polish players that can join once youve reached about league 2.

Originally posted by The Art of Drowning:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glory utd:

Load all players from England, might sound stupid but even on the best database with all english leagues loaded, some of the class players dont show up.

France is also important, some class french players who are going out of contract and will happily join conf south clubs (boubacar Balder, Mohammed Benaissa for example)

ive also found a lot of good polish players that can join once youve reached about league 2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Load as many players as your computer can handle, including the playable leagues.

There are lot's of quality EU players who will join, of course firstly from the "home" nations and Ireland, along with the Scandanavian countries - always a good source.

Boubacar Balde is certainly a class act when you start off. Has been a fans favorite many times for me.

got some quality players with cambridge....

get these from abroad, from amateur clubs...

sammy mawene

marlon kruis

salles

roel hendricks

cisse

vidiera

and from uk...

hewson

spearing

barnes

craddock

simpson

duran

theres many more, im the next harry redknapp!

Hi people,

First post, thought i would let you know how my game is going.

Started with Bishop's Stortford as they are not far from me and i have played on the pitch a few times in the past.

No transfer budget to speak of as seems to be the norm at this level, all but 2 or 3 were sold/released and went about putting together a side for as little outlay as possible. So far i have signed 24 players and as yet have not spent a bean.

Had about 7 or 8k in the club coffers and was instructed to look after the finances and keep the wage budget in check, which so far i have managed to do (currently 1k under budget) making a tidey little sum in the meantime (250k profit) for the coffers.

One of the first things i did was ask for a parent club and after two weeks or so the board came back to me with a message that the Daggers and Chelski had approached the club with a proposal to become a feeder. I will leave it up to you to guess who i went for.

As it stands, in game i am still first season with the date being Sat 1st December 2007, i am top 10 points clear;

P19 W14 D4 L1 +28PTS46.

Current 1st team;

GK-Scott Loach (Watford,loan) icon14.gif

RFB-Anthony Grant (Chels,loan) icon14.gif

LFB-Matt Wicks (free) icon14.gif

CB-Victor Hill (free) icon14.gif

CB-Liam Bridcutt (Chels,loan) icon14.gif

RW-Per Weirauch (Chels,loan) icon14.gifassists galore

LW-Joe Tillen (free) icon14.gifassists galore

DMC-Michael Woods (Chels,loan) icon14.gif

AMC-Jacques Maghoma (Totts,loan) icon14.gif

FC-David Hague (free) icon14.gif

FC-Simon Dawkins (Totts,loan) icon14.gificon14.gif 24g/24app

Other signings include;

Scott Lycett (free) likes to collect yellow cards

Carl Asaba (free) only just signed,not played yet

Marc Elston (free) back up striker

Miroslav Stoch (Chels,loan) rotates wings

Greg Palmer (free) no 3 striker

Mark Crossley (free) no 2 keeper

Stuart Hole (free) fans think he is a poor signing.

Joe Welch (free)

Antonio Duran (free) just signed

Xavier Durandet (free) just signed

John Walkley (free)

Curtis Jackson (free)

Most* of the money i have made has come from playing friendlys with Barca B, Castilla + C team, Atletico B+C, 24K each time every 3 days.

As for the cups, out of the FA Cup,losing 3-1 to Stevenage (4th qual), after peppering their goal for most of the game, but still all to play for in the SS and the Trophy.

(*for most see ALL)

Great thread, back soon icon_cool.gif

Hi guys not been on here for a while mainly due to work (wish i could play fm as a job).

well my blyth team got me right through to the coca cola championship winning every league 1st time round and by january i was a point off the playoffs, and then my pc decided it was going to restart for no reason, and to my horror when reloading my game it says there has been an error the game can not be loaded. so th pc gets a good kicking and after i calm down i go to my real madrid and ac milan saves and proceed to dominate the stupid computer. so after giving my stupid pc a kicking in all ways possible im starting a new game as (soon to be) the mighty dorchester town ill update my progress hopefully i can be as succesful as i was with blyth

Originally posted by marcftm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Art of Drowning:

Sutton United are now in the Premier league, promoted every season except for the 1st in the Championship where i consolidated in 13th icon_cool.gif

League Table

The Heroes

Jesus Mate, That's absolutely cracking!

How you getting on in The Prem?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only played 2 matches so far, lost 2:1 at Derby and then was battering Blackburn 4:3 only to lose 5:4 to an injury time goal icon_biggrin.gif

Was probably the better team in both games though so I think i've got enough to stay up. Distel Zola looks like a class player.

apart from the obvious i've got 2 gems that are class in lower league football.

vidarsson from everton MC

goulon can't remember the team he plays for but he's a french DM

you'll only be able to loan these players but they both play exceptionally well in the lower leagues.

thats it for now

Some young guys I picked up on a free for Woking first season that seem pretty good:

Dosa Lazarevic - Young striker, no WP needed, is flourishing alongside Asaba.

Eric Ofori Okyere - Joe Tillen eat your heart out! Brilliant left winger.

Gregory Richier - Incredible left-back, easily the best I've seen that'll join full-time at this level.

Sylvain Mathe-Luvagho - Bit of a mouthful, but a solid enough centre back.

First season done.

BSS Champions, Setanta Shield winners, FA Trophy winners, all in all very happy.

Finished on 100 points could have been more but as soon as the title was confirmed i played my 2nd eleven in the 5-6 league games that remained saving the first eleven for the Cup Finals.

Top scorer was Simon Dawkins (on loan from the totts) with 44 goals in 43(2), 12 assts, 11 mom AV. 7.73.

Stumbled across a good little player already at the club, Jack Midson (one of only two survivors from my arrival, other being Mark Wright who stayed as LFB cover), pony stats, only played him to give Dawks a rest against one of the lower sides but found it nigh on impossible to drop him after that finished with 20 goals from 23(3) 9 assts 7 mom AV. 7.69. Shame he wouldn't sign a new contract though, will now be plying his trade north of the border with Queens Park.

Have a balance of 835k (up from 8k).Wondering what next years transfer budget will be now there is some money in the bank although i will endevour to spend £0 again if possible,may not be to hard with Chelski as a Parent. icon_wink.gif

Was strongly linked with the Preston job at the start of march, i told them to 'op it, then linked with the Baggies, Leeds, and Manure icon_eek.gif (what are other peoples experience with this?).

Anywho, off to try and crack the BSP now, have a feeling if i could keep this side together , with a few better players and some better back-up added that it shouldn't be to much of a problem, but only time will tell.

Couple of my best players in Cambridge City side:

Joseph Tarrassenko (ST, French ,1984) Scores loads of goals

Ian Claes (ST, Belgian, 1981)

Scott McCrory (DC, N. Irish, 1984) Sold him to Derry City for 180k!

Eugene Killoran (Defender, Irish/Japanese, 1987)

This is a great topic. icon_wink.gif

Theres a few players who both look impressive, and are cheap also:

Jermaine Beckford - Leeds

Lee Frecklington - Lincoln

Paul Hungtington - Leeds

I'm currently Hereford in Div 2, and Frecklington is AMAZING!!! Very modest too (praised him after being MOM about 6 times in 10 games, and his was response was "Don't have to do much to impress manager, still have alot to learn and improve on"!! WOW)

Some great suggestions though, thanx!! :O)

Good lord, I'm in shock.

Okay, so it's 1st January and the mighty Woking are out the FA Cup to Peterbrough though apart from that still flying in all competitions and 14 points clear at the top of the table with 69 points, can't remember which. 21 wins, 3 draws and one loss. Dosa Lavarevic is a MUST BUY. PA of 125, CA of 85, 26 goals in 25 games in the league, and 3 in 5 in the cup, as well as 14 assists, 11 MoMs and a 7.87 Avr.

Arsenal are my parent club(!!) And so far they've arranged for me to have Vincent Van Den Burg on loan, who's alright. But now, they've decided to give me Nacer Barazite for the rest of the season! Considering my best player has a CA of 85, and his CA is 111, with a PA of 145, I'm scared to think what he'll do to BSP defences. Now I just have to get rid of one of my loanees to make room.

Originally posted by Gaffer:

First season done.

BSS Champions, Setanta Shield winners, FA Trophy winners, all in all very happy.

Finished on 100 points could have been more but as soon as the title was confirmed i played my 2nd eleven in the 5-6 league games that remained saving the first eleven for the Cup Finals.

Top scorer was Simon Dawkins (on loan from the totts) with 44 goals in 43(2), 12 assts, 11 mom AV. 7.73.

Stumbled across a good little player already at the club, Jack Midson (one of only two survivors from my arrival, other being Mark Wright who stayed as LFB cover), pony stats, only played him to give Dawks a rest against one of the lower sides but found it nigh on impossible to drop him after that finished with 20 goals from 23(3) 9 assts 7 mom AV. 7.69. Shame he wouldn't sign a new contract though, will now be plying his trade north of the border with Queens Park.

Have a balance of 835k (up from 8k).Wondering what next years transfer budget will be now there is some money in the bank although i will endevour to spend £0 again if possible,may not be to hard with Chelski as a Parent. icon_wink.gif

Was strongly linked with the Preston job at the start of march, i told them to 'op it, then linked with the Baggies, Leeds, and Manure icon_eek.gif (what are other peoples experience with this?).

Anywho, off to try and crack the BSP now, have a feeling if i could keep this side together , with a few better players and some better back-up added that it shouldn't be to much of a problem, but only time will tell.

If you don't mind, could we have a screenie of your squad? If not, could you just type it out or something? Please icon_smile.gif

Just started with Blyth and found some wonderful players according to the coaches ... best 3 are:

Krzyszot Zaremba - AMR/ST - Picked this guy up on a free from Podbeskidzie. Quite good up the flanks. Worth £85k already.

Jernej Janza - ML - Had to pay nearly £10k for this guy, but instantly paid me back on his debut with 2 assists. Worth £85k too. From Mura

Finally

Konrad Janczak - ST - Scored 2 on his debut, got him for free, worth £75k. Not much more to say icon_wink.gif From Polkowice.

Off to dominate now! icon_wink.gif

ME playing with Newport Co. in BSS. Got Bristol City as the feeder club. From there I got Plummer(ST)on loan in January. He's like a Wayne Rooney playing in League 2. This is my team:

GK : Leonard

RB : Dycett

CB : Stuart Hole/David Moore/Mathew Bound

LB : Shaun Lamb(loan)

RW : Paul Brooker/ David Cooney 16 yr.old youth

player)

CDM : Nathan Davis

CAM ; Steve* Searle/ Andy Ducros(Fabulous in

dead ball situations)

LW : Joe Tillen/ Paul Lambert

ST : Nathan Jarman(Top Scorer) - Plummer, Andy

Hughes, Greg Palmer.

Have won promotion already. In the final of Setanta Shield against Oxford. Visiting this thread to find players for BSP. Haven't renewed

any contracts except Jarman, Palmer and Tillen's.

Have a look at Plummer. He is unbelievable. icon14.gif

My Farsley team, season 1...

GK: Heaton (loan)/Douard

DL: Corry Evans (loan)/Hutchinson

DC: Joey Hutchinson

DC: James Chester (loan)

DR: David Gray (loan)/ Law

ML: Tillen

MC: Green

MC: Hewson

MR: Guichard

AM (if I play a 4312): Balde

FC: Febian Brandy (loan)

FC: Tarrassenko

Improvements...?

Sorry for the double post~ there really should be an Edit feature.

anyway just to underline Knights' superiority, here's the end-of-season player ratings.

t_Knights2m_ffc08a7.jpg

He's scored 33 more goals than the second striker in line. The best thing about him is he hardly gets injured, which allied to his high stamina means he's always around.

Considering how I play a 4231 system, he has been phenomenal as the lone striker. Set with the first notch of Attacking with normal CF (10-13) and with TM distribution at "ball to feet", he is deadly when he turns and runs at defenders.

Many players in these posts are computer random generated & not available every game

If you're desperate to get your BSS/BSN team promoted quickly:

1. Make sure you have a scout/coach with high player judgement ability.

2. Check out 2nd teams of Premiership teams and get long-term loans on 4-5 quality key players (espec strikers) - circa £150k - you may need to persist to get 5 really good ones.

3. Sell if you get any offers for your players

4. Scout to long list of 4-5* 19-20 yr olds (will get some as free t/fs at end of season).

5. Don't worry about tactics, just attack!

Using this, I got Welling promoted & won Setanta & FAT in 1st season.

Season 2 harder, but currently top 6 in BSP

Guest Stonesy

Hey, I've started with Redditch (predicted 22nd in BSN)

Having looked thru most of these posts... nearly all of the players suggested either dont want to come, or they ask for wages that i can't give.

Any1 else started with Redditch and made any good signings?

Or any1 who you know will definitely come to me...

Thanks...

ok guys ive started a new game with havant and waterlooville on the new patched version 8.0.2, and alot of the players who we loved are now either taken by other clubs (scott donnelly nooooooooooooooooooo)or crap (liam atkin, joe tillen)also now you get 1k for playing any of the reserve teams of real madrid or barcelona or any other 4 that matter! just thought id let u know guys

im in my thrid season with bromley and im heading for promotion out of BSS icon_biggrin.gif

i have a lot of loans from chelsea :p

Kakuta ST has 50 goals in one 1/2 seasons onlaon at my club icon_biggrin.gif

Connor cliffard CM what more can i say he is class at this level and is one for the future icon_wink.gif

phil younghusband ST another class st for BSS

And i have signed mark de bolla AMC and he has 10 goals in his last 4 games and 17 in total icon_biggrin.gif

AM RL - Erik Grendel (Dubnica)

I bought him in FM07 aswell. Quality young winger that will do well for any Conference team. You can usually pick him up for around £35k. He became a fan favourite in my Stevenage team.

DR, MRC - Kieran McKenna (Tottenham)

Got him on loan for a season. Fantastic central midfielder.

Originally posted by dabest:

I have created a shortlist full of players that are great for conference teams. It's in the thread!

>>>>>>>>>>> CLICK ME <<<<<<<<<

Looks great icon14.gif Just started with Rushden and I'm looking at a few free transfers but I've never managed in LLM before apart from Bristol City when they were in League One which isn't really LLM. So that shortlist'll help icon14.gif

Archived