[FM10] I'm English and I'm Proud

lilmonkeyleue

For many months, I have enjoyed reading some of the greatest threads in the career updates so I thought to give it a go. Where to start? The nation I have lived in for my whole life obviously!

I'm English and I'm Proud

Football Manager 2010: Patch 10.3

Leagues Loaded: England (Blue Square North/South and above), Italy (Serie B and above), Spain (Liga Adelante and above)

Database: Large

england-logo.jpg

Starting off with the greatest nation in the world! We have a friendly against Holland to kick my career off followed by a friendly against Slovenia then we go to the World Cup Qualifiers. Here's a bit of background of my home country.

England.png

Here's my 26 man squad for the friendly against Holland.

PeterForrest-2-1.png

Ferdinand, Woodgate, Hargreaves, Downing, James, Kirkland, Foster, Dawson and M.Johnson are all out injured so it was a struggle to pick 26 players. Legends such as Gary Neville, David Beckham and Michael Owen are all included in the squad.

Is that screenshot readable? I am thinking of keeping them that size or making them bigger again even if they hang over the edge of the skin. If you can't see it, the starting XI is:

Green

Johnson

A.Cole

Terry

King

Beckham

Lampard

Lennon

Young

Gerrard

Rooney

Holland 3-1 ENGLAND

Oh dear! For the first 20 mins, it was all Holland. England got back into the game with a few chances before Gerrard plays a superb ball for Lennon to fire in and England are 1-0 up. It only took 4 mins for Holland to get back in control and Seedorf netted the equaliser. Another 9 minutes pass and Kuyt takes the ball past Terry and smashes it in low and Holland go 2-1 up at half time. At half time a changed to a 4-3-1-2 formation bringing Barry on for Lennon to come in to a central midfielder role and Owen to come on for Young to take the striker position next to Rooney. We started the 2nd half with a few chances including a Beckham screamer which just missed the goal. It went from bad to worse for England after 71 mins where Van der Vaart played a beautiful ball for Huntelaar to finish. Desperately needing a goal, I take Rooney off and bring Walcott on to see if he can score. Also, Baines comes on for Cole and Carrick comes on for Beckham. Within 10 minutes of being on, Walcott has a close shot. In the last minute of stoppage time, Gareth Barry whipped in a corner to find Lampard who headed it just over the bar and that was that. Peter Forrest starts his England career off with a 3-1 loss to Holland. Next, we face Slovenia.

HollandvEngland.png

Testing out different sized screenshots so heres the match overview.

After a poor result against The Netherlands, I mix up the squad, axeing the likes of Robinson, Upson, Hart, Beckham and a few more. Here is the up and coming squad for the friendly against Slovenia and the World Cup Qualifier against Croatia:

PeterForrest-3.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived