• Villa (Spa)
    • Xavi (Spa)
    • Iniesta (Spa)
    • Sneijder (Hol)
    • Robben (Hol)
    • Honda (Jap)
    • Forlan (Uru)
    • Other (specify)

How would Iniesta win? Had a dreadful tournament.

Voted for Schweinsteiger who has been brilliant. Forlan has been incredible for Uruguay too, would never have got as far without him. His goals and general play have been great, especially considering he is the star man of that team. Villa has dug Spain out a few times and has played really well, and Robben and Sneijder have been great too.

Wesley Sneijder. If Holland manage a win against Spain he could become the first player ever to win the league, cup, CL, and world cup in a single season.

Made particularly outstanding considering he's been the main (only) creative outlet in both sides.

Heitinga also deserves a shout.

Agreed, he is having a good tournament
Also, how can Honda, Iniesta and Robben be nominated without mentioning Ozil and Muller?

imo only players who reaches the SF can be considered, so Honda can't be in that list and very strange that Müller and Ozil aren't in this poll.

For me, Sneijder, but if we loose the final it probably will be Villa.

My pre-tournament prediction of Higuain is emphatically wrong :(

Would have to say Villa. Constantly causing problems for defences and scored 5 of Spain's 7 goals. Forlan 2nd, been so important for Uruguay.

I would say Schweiny or Xavi. Xavi looked good last night, can't really remember him from other games. I think Sneijder has been good but if you look back on his goals, one was an own goal, one a deflection and the other a goalkeeping mistake. Has been good but again nothing fantastic.

I would say Schweiny or Xavi. Xavi looked good last night, can't really remember him from other games. I think Sneijder has been good but if you look back on his goals, one was an own goal, one a deflection and the other a goalkeeping mistake. Has been good but again nothing fantastic.

He also had two brilliant passes/assists on Robben. ;)

I decided to make a best XI as well, but can't decide on the left back.

Stekelenburg

Lahm

Puyol

Friedrich

???

Schweinsteiger

Müller

Özil

Sneijder

Forlan

Villa

Also I don't agree with Stekenlenurg. He has been solid and looked quite shaky at points e.g. Forlan's goal but then no other keepers have stood out. Muslera was as good as him.

He also had two brilliant passes/assists on Robben. ;)

Yeah but over six games you can pretty much discount all of his goal for lucky pot shots that he had no control over :D I didn't say he had been bad but let's not do an ITV man of the match and give people the award just because they have scored and couple. Cannot remember his assists but shouldn't be given it just for them. I think he's a good player but so so selfish sometimes.

Where is Van Bommel?????

yeah he was easily better than Sneijder.

Sneijder has been lucky. His general play was absolutely dreadful throughout, but somehow managed to score lucky decisive goals and give the key passes. Of course I'm not saying it's all luck, he has bags of ability, but he's been nowhere near his Inter best this tournament.

Schweiny for me - Sneijder has been good...but hasn't controlled games the way Schweinsteiger has...I also think Honda had a great tournament as well, and that Khedira lad from Germany looks decent.

Archived