Metal_Guitarist's FM10 Update

metal_guitarist

Should I continue releasing updates til FM11?  

469 members have voted

1. 1. Should I continue releasing updates til FM11?

• No, I want a long term save from now
    • Weekly, but only til the demo comes out
    • Weekly, til the full game comes out
    • Bi-weekly, but only til the demo comes out
    • Bi-weekly, til the full game comes out
    • Meh your update sucks

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to be a pain im new to all this.

how come whichever database file i download i only get a .dbc file and not the proper database file? each download has only taken 2 seconds too, am i missing something???

a quick response would be nice :-)

why is all the loans screwed up? benjani was on loan at sunderland last season, now hes signed permanently for blackburn. However on the update he's onloan from blackburn to sunderland!

also, jack wilshere is still at bolton, hutton is still at sunderland too, robinho is at milan but is on loan at santos still.

i have looked on the editor and they are not out on loan anywhere under the loan tab so why are they still there??

why is all the loans screwed up? benjani was on loan at sunderland last season, now hes signed permanently for blackburn. However on the update he's onloan from blackburn to sunderland!

also, jack wilshere is still at bolton, hutton is still at sunderland too, robinho is at milan but is on loan at santos still.

i have looked on the editor and they are not out on loan anywhere under the loan tab so why are they still there??

Have you loaded 2 updates together?

Ok so I loaded you're update and I have to say that it is great!

I just have one problem, is it natural that teams like barcelona and real madrid are extremely interested in a player of santa cruz's caliber? I mean prior to the update i never get offers from barcelona and real madrid, Now i have to sell him to these teams or he's unhappy and his performance will be awful the whole season :(

Ok so I loaded you're update and I have to say that it is great!

I just have one problem, is it natural that teams like barcelona and real madrid are extremely interested in a player of santa cruz's caliber? I mean prior to the update i never get offers from barcelona and real madrid, Now i have to sell him to these teams or he's unhappy and his performance will be awful the whole season :(

Tbh your Man City and dont need Santa Cruz. In my game he always goes to real or barca also and they pay a tidy sum considering. Its actually doing you a favour imho. That being said though its not really realistic.

I've noticed a mistake, M_G,

you've correctly identified that Fernando Santos is manager of Greece, but Greece are managerless in-game because you forgot to change the drop down box under Santos' "nation contract" to 'manager' ;)

finished the Montenegro players today on the accent thing, here's what I mean jsut to give people an idea of what I'm doing with M_G's db:

http://img825.imageshack.us/f/montenegroc.jpg/ (Montenegro first team)

http://img31.imageshack.us/f/bosniaz.jpg/ (Bosnia and Herzegovina first team)

Is it possible to do something like that with teamnames too?

I would like my game to show Russian and Greec teams with combined Latin + Cyrillic or Latin + Greec teamnames like this:

Latin name (Cyrillic / Greec)

for example

FK Zenit Sint-Petersburg (ФК Зенит Санкт-Петербург) or

Olympiakos Piraeus (Ολυμπιακός).

finished the Montenegro players today on the accent thing, here's what I mean jsut to give people an idea of what I'm doing with M_G's db:

http://img825.imageshack.us/f/montenegroc.jpg/ (Montenegro first team)

http://img31.imageshack.us/f/bosniaz.jpg/ (Bosnia and Herzegovina first team)

will changing the names like the effect searching for players? I mean if I search for Vucinic, will the game still find him even without the lines and things above the letters?

As far as I know the game's searchfunction finds almost all corresponding names, without paying attention to special karakters.

Searching for ess will find Essien and Hoen for example.

However there are a few exceptions to that.

I believe searching for Inl will not find Gökhan İnler, for example

well that's not a problem with this update, that's a problem with you and your tactics. There is no tactic that makes you win every game in a row, you need to adapt your tactics, just like in real life, to your team and situations. You need to go to the tactics forum and find the relevant thread if you have a problem with a certain tactic, although it may be that the tactic just simply isn't built for your team and the way you play.

will changing the names like the effect searching for players? I mean if I search for Vucinic, will the game still find him even without the lines and things above the letters?

It won't find them all, for instance the game doesn't recognise that Ð = Dj, but it doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned because for the most part you know the teams these guys play for (or at very least their country) and does anyone bother doing name searches?

Another example is the Turkish letter "ı" as Jorgen alludes to.

the c to č or ć still comes up fine in searches though.

Is it possible to do something like that with teamnames too?

I would like my game to show Russian and Greec teams with combined Latin + Cyrillic or Latin + Greec teamnames like this:

Latin name (Cyrillic / Greec)

Wow Cyrillic? I don't really have the patience for that one Jorgen, doing this current mammoth task is enough for me, haha.

well that's not a problem with this update, that's a problem with you and your tactics. There is no tactic that makes you win every game in a row, you need to adapt your tactics, just like in real life, to your team and situations. You need to go to the tactics forum and find the relevant thread if you have a problem with a certain tactic, although it may be that the tactic just simply isn't built for your team and the way you play.

my tactic works amazingly well. I have started a new game as Southampton in League 1 and managed to bring in Enyeama, Smithies, Clerc, Abubakari Yakubu. A Georgian defender a lot of big teams go for called Salukvadze from Rubin, Wheater, Riggot, Andrade, Masilela, Ball, Muamba, Lee Chun-Soo, Whittingham, Driver, Zeman, Trika, Rivaldo, Nolan, Djalo, Lacina Traore and Aliadiere! My team is awesome and I am currently unbeaten in the league after 5 games :D

Wow Cyrillic? I don't really have the patience for that one Jorgen, doing this current mammoth task is enough for me, haha.

Hi Benny,

I would not like to see every team from those nations (Russia, Ukraine, Greece, Cyprus, etc) in Cyrillic or Greec, just the topteams.

(I learned myself to read Cyrillic in about 10 days, and it is nice to practise it while playing this game.)

I can make this myself, my question is, does the game show those letters, or will it create blanks or even crash?

Another example is the Turkish letter "ı" as Jorgen alludes to.

I am no native English speaker. Alludes means refers?

If you'd read the first post of the thread all the way through it will tell you what to do :thup:

Have done mate. Placed it in the editor data file. Loaded game. Not there.

Tried to do some kind of extraction jiggery pokery on it. Not there.

Have patched 10.3. Still not there.

I'm sure I'm missing something glaringly obvious, but in terms of what the first post says, have followed the instructions.

@Dowders, when you start a new game and the 'select database' window pops up, click the 'change' button in the bottom right corner and make the update is selected.

@Leicester_Mad, if it happened before 02/09 then it may be in the release, not entirely sure to tell you the truth.

@Dowders, when you start a new game and the 'select database' window pops up, click the 'change' button in the bottom right corner and make the update is selected.

@Leicester_Mad, if it happened before 02/09 then it may be in the release, not entirely sure to tell you the truth.

Its not there to select mate. Only 2 options are default and the 10.3.0 database. Ensured I clicked change as well.

Archived