good PPM's for a FB, CB, AM,CM, DM, WG, and ST

[sSn]

Really depends more on their attributes than their position. For example you could say tight marking would be a good thing for a CB, but if his marking is rubbish it won't be. Likewise place shots for a striker, if his finishing is rubbish it won't work.

It would make more sense through go it by PPM and list the attributes that might be required - but I cba :)

ya you are right

but then generally speaking for these different roles i am sure there are just a few PPM's that are good.

for example for a winger its good to have run with ball down the right or left depending which side he is on.

or probably for a food AM he should have tries killer balls often.

Those PPMs aren't really necessary though, as they're usually set out in the tactics anyway. The main point for PPMs for me is to try and make use of things that I can't specify in my tactics and also for players that have unusual talents for their position/role.

I'd love to see such a thread. I'm not sure there are any hidden PPM's unless they are also hidden on the editor (which wouldn't make much sense), but I'm sure a couple have been dropped since 09. I haven't seen 'uses outside of foot' on this version, for example.

Right footed players playing on the right hand side (either right striker in a 4-4-2/4-3-3 or right AMR) should be taught shoots with power. Same for left footed players playing on the left hand side.

Left footers playing on the right hand side or right footers on the left should be taught places shots. Always works out well for me.

Cheers.

I might make a thread on it at some point, as I have a good idea what most do, and hopefully with a bit of discussion we could complete it. Probably be better in the tactics forum though.

There's loads of hidden ones as well iirc as well.

oh yes i am definitely waiting for that thread. hope it comes soon. xD

I play Vagner Love on the right ST position at the moment and wouldn't want anything to prevent him placing his shots with style, so I'm not sure it's that important with strikers. Similarly Ashley Young places shots from the right wing very well, although Oscar Cardozo is certainly doing a better job of shooting with power from his left foot in the left ST position than Edin Dzeko, who seems to be scoring mainly through headers.

I think it has more to do with role and attributes. 'Plays killer balls often' is most certainly for creative midfielders or attacking mifielders. 'Places shots' is good for strikers who have the dribbling ability and flair to get close to goal and the composure and finishing ability to stick the ball into the bottom corner. I see no advantage to the 'avoids using weaker foot' PPM, and it seems quite obvious that 'runs with ball down...' is a decent choice for wide players on that side, such as wingers or attacking full-backs, or attacking midfielders through the middle.

I don't know what attributes would support 'tries to break offside trap', but I have seen it work and I have also seen it falter. I think it may be greatly effected by opposing tactics.

RWB Down Left: Accel, Agility, Pace, Dribbling, Maybe Flair, and probably want to have left footed

RWB Down Right: Same

RWB Through Center: Same, Balance and Flair would probably be more important.

Gets Into Opposition Area: Off the Ball, Anticipation, plus whatever attributes that correspond with what you want him to do, probably Finishing, Composure, Jumping, Stength would be nice.

Moves Into Channels: Off the Ball, Anticipation, Agility, + what you want them to do

Gets Forward Whenever Possible: Situational, if you want a defender getting forward, he should have the physical attributes to be able to back track, or cover behind him, etc.

Short Simple Passes: Situational again, I wouldn't want it on a creative midfielder, but you might. On a defender or holding midfielder with good Passing, Decisions, and Composure it could be pretty useful

Tries Killer Balls Often: Passing, Creativity, Anticipation

Shoots from Distance: Long Shots, Composure

Shoots with Power: Finishing, Long Shots, Composure

Places Shots: Finishing, Composure, Dribbling or Off the Ball would help to get into position depending on how you want to play it in

Curls Ball: Long Shots, Composure, Free Kicks

Likes to Round Keeper: Accel, Agility, Dribbling, Flair, Composure, Balance wouldn't hurt either

Likes to Beat Offside Trap: Accel, Pace, Anticipation, Off the Ball

There's a start that are just my opinion, I didn't really put in positions because I'd leave that up to you, and most should be pretty obvious.

Again just my opinion on them, feel free to add or change anything that you want or you feel I missed. I'll try to get the rest later, I just got kind of bored.

Archived