FMO Help - Need advice? Ask your question here!

bell

Easy Hamachi Setup Guide

1. Install Hamachi

2. Reboot

4. One person creates a network

5. Others join network

6. A player starts a new game remebering to tick run as server in preferences.

7. Other players join in network option, game will be displayed in local servers

8 Play game!!!

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tywyn:

Easy Hamachi Setup Guide

1. Install Hamachi

2. Reboot

5. Others join network

7. Other players join in network option, game will be displayed in local servers

8 Play game!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tryed it...same thing happens icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freeman21:

I played fm 2006 with a friend without having ANY problems…everything was perfect.

Now, I’m trying to play fm 2007 with the same friend (same PCs, same ISP / connection type, same windows XP sp 2). This is what happens: I host, he connects (via direct IP), we play for ~10 minutes and after that his game freezes… that little ball (instead of the arrow) appears and it stays like that forever…we once waited for 5 minutes and nothing happened icon_frown.gif .

the strange part is this: I tried playing fm 2007 with two other people and it worked perfectly !

Any idea?

if you don’t have any idea about this, please, at least, say “NO†so that I know you read my post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are having the same problem, only we don't get as far as 10mins playing, ours freezes as soon as he joins the game.

i have been having the same problem as freeman21 here, i would like to make it clear that i'm not getting this "unable to connect" message that keeps being used as a reply by a certain person. basically what happens is i connect, it's fine for a minute or so and then freezes completely and i get kicked out, this keeps happening until eventually it lets me in and everything is fine. it is frustrating more than anything, especially when you're holding people up. It can take upto 2 hours before it is fine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freeman21:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tywyn:

Easy Hamachi Setup Guide

1. Install Hamachi

2. Reboot

5. Others join network

8 Play game!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tryed it...same thing happens icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tywyn is a genious and has just solved my problem with Hamachi, it turned out that Windows Firewall was blocking some features of Hamachi - and that was with Windows Firewall turned Off!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyB248:

i can make a game but my friends are unable to join how can i fix it so that they can </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read the FAO stickied at the top of the forum and make sure you have followed it. If you have any routers or firewalls you'll have to configure them as well.

Guest valacar

We have 2 PCs and a laptop on a LAN. The main PC and the laptop can connect fine, the other PC sees the game fine, but, when it tries to join in the game, it connects very slowly and a few seconds later a loading bar appears saying "loading game database", then screen goes back to the network screen. This PC can play other games fine on the LAN.

Completely stuck on how to solve this.

trying to set upo a online database with my mates but i seet my self up as server give my freinds my ip andress and i nor them can get online cuz it says unable to connect can any1 help me with hostiong a game

have read the FAQ but still no joy

Operating system ? WinXp

Service packs installed ? Sp2

net connection ? (i was thinkin in lan...icon_wink.gif )

ISP ? ...

router involved ? SMC barricade G

anti virus software ? kaspersky AV

Firewall software ? none

damn...posted it before's complete.

well, i was here trying to create a lan fm game...

the closest i've reached to accomplish that was a "flash" login from who was connecting...

any advice?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by no1soc:

if my ip address has two groups of numbers separated by a / which group do i use, im presuming one is router and one is computer, or do i use both for the people joining the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can go to whatsmyip.com to find out your IP and I think thats the IP you would give out to those joining your game.

gaza123 - How can you not connect to your own game since your hosting it????If you have any routers/firewalls etc then you will have to configure them.

Im trying to play online with my friend i have a router and i opened ports 10093 and 10094, and we tried several other stuff and he never can connect to me, its a micronet router SP3352. i have win xp fully updated, anything u wanna sugest ?

ok i'm very confused! we used to play network games loads on fm06! (i never used to be able to set them up though) and now we have bought 07 we cannot get it to work, my mate has gone to uni and now is using a network and now when he sets up a game the ip address does not work.

i am also using a wireless network and my ip address doesn't work for him, i have opened both 10093 and 10094 ports made them TCP? im not sure what that means but some people have mentioned UDP but i'm not sure which one to have??

i was wondering if there is a way either of us could setup a game without having someone who doesn't have a router?

Cheers please reply, Tom

Emersonlfc - No all you need is the same version of the game.

dexter2005 - Think your mate has to talk to the people who run the uni internet network and allow permission to allow FM through their firewalls etc. I think one has to be TDP and one has to be UDP but I am not sure which is which.

Urbanz83 - Please refer to the FAo stickied at the top of the main FM online forum to help you get started.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

I was playing an online game with a mate as the server,he has sinced blocked internet access for the game,thus we can't play anymore, anyone know how to unblock access?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunno what you mean.

eh me and my mate have been trying for ages to get a network game going.

I read this thread and it said to download hamachi which i did but when my mate tried to download it a pop up came up saying that Windows didn't want him to download it.

Is Hamachi safe???

Do we both need it??

Would be grateful if someone wrote back!

Thanks Ben

I read this thread and it said to download hamachi which i did but when my mate tried to download it a pop up came up saying that Windows didn't want him to download it.

Is Hamachi safe???

Do we both need it??

Thanks Ben

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shels123:

Is Hamachi safe???

Do we both need it??

Thanks Ben </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I havnt used the program myself but have seen plenty of other people useit and also had success with it.

Its not a requirement to play FM via online but it does help some people play the game better.

So yes it is safe and its probably a security program that your friend has that warned him about downloading programs from the internet.

Hi, I met a really weird problem today. We got 3 users in Lan and we were trying to create a Lan game. One of my roomates' and main worked fine, but when another roomate was trying to join, his computer just crashed. (He turned off the firewall and abosutely used the correct IP and preferencem, and actually could see the server we created on his screen). And we couldn't join his server either. But we didn't met such problem when we were playing other games. So could anyone help me? Thanks

Hi i am trying to play a game online with a friend andi have tried port forwarding but that does not work as i only have 1 dns server and not 2 i have a netgear router but dont know how to configure it i have gone to run then command and it is saying ip routing enabled no is there anyway to change this. I have been waiting to play this with a friend for a while now and nothing is working the game runs fine on my system and thiers. If anyone can please do. Thank You

me and my friend had the same problem and no matter what we tried we couldn't get the game to work. But yesterday I got hold of a programme called Himachi, which creates a virtual network between your computer and your friends. As soon as we installed this programme it worked straight away. If your still having problems email me at Loyalspursfan10@aol.com and i'll send you the programme

i have installed himachi but my friend has gone out so i cant try it at the moment but thanks for the help. if it is ok i would like to try it with someone to make sure it does work if possible.

I'm currently hosting a network game with 2 of my friends. We've just had our first direct encounter (between human managers) today. However we weren't able to complete it since for 2 consecutive times when one of us was fixing his tactics the game crashed giving me a serious error note (&creating a bmp file). Any suggestions?

This message was posted 4 days ago however no answer or at least signs of interest have been given. Any moderators or helpers in there??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by philmus:

I'm currently hosting a network game with 2 of my friends. We've just had our first direct encounter (between human managers) today. However we weren't able to complete it since for 2 consecutive times when one of us was fixing his tactics the game crashed giving me a serious error note (&creating a bmp file). Any suggestions?

Yes happens here as well, usually when two human managers are changing tactics at the same when playing each other. I hope they fix this in the patch, it caused arguements a few weeks ago with accusations of cheating etc, but it's a bug.

This message was posted 4 days ago however no answer or at least signs of interest have been given. Any moderators or helpers in there?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by philmus:

This message was posted 4 days ago however no answer or at least signs of interest have been given. Any moderators or helpers in there?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes happens here as well, usually when two human managers are changing tactics at the same when playing each other. I hope they fix this in the patch, it caused arguements a few weeks ago with accusations of cheating etc, but it's a bug.

when i type in the ip address of my mates computer it says unable to connect to server but it has worked before so can u help me on this one plz mate

Just a quick question, if I'm the host for a game (for 5 people) and add manager pics to everyones profile will they show up on the other 4's screens?

Also, 1 of my friends managed to play a match without any of his players on the pitch (don't have a clue what happened) he was 12-0 down after 30 mins. The comp was still putting some efforts over the bar even though there was no keeper icon_confused.gif Don't know how they were kicking off after every goal though. Anyone else seen anything like this? we felt sorry for him and as it was the first match of the session we re-loaded it.

Guest Mark McClaren

Well I've been through the advice in portforward and don't know if a network will work, got no one to try it on atm. But the Ip address in the game I tried to set up is only one bank of numbers such as xxxx.xxxx.x.xxx and no second bank - such as .xxx/xxxx.xxxx.x.xx

so is there something I have done wrong here, please?

I see Hamachi advertised, might wander over to that icon_smile.gif

(I'm behind a router rather than a firewall)

Thanks

Yes happens here as well, usually when two human managers are changing tactics at the same when playing each other. I hope they fix this in the patch, it caused arguements a few weeks ago with accusations of cheating etc, but it's a bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can anyone indicate whether this problem is gonna be fixed or not with the 7.0.1????

me and my friend keep trying to play fm online against each other, ive forwarded all ports in both UDC and TCP, ive even tried hamachi, and we can make our own network but when we type in our hamachi i.ps into fm it cant find each other. We can join each others games but when i host his computer boots him from the game when he clicks join game, and when i join his game i can add a manager but the computer freezes with the loading ball cursor showing and then after a minute or two it boots me from his game. My friend can also play online with another one of my mates with no problems, so its clearly something wrong with my computer

Hi guys,

I and a friend of my started up a netwerk game yesterday. ( whit hamachi)

When we where finished my friend ( he is the server) saved the game and we shut down fm07.

now we want to play further but when he loads the game en I joined him whe have a huge problem.

after i joined him we see that FM dont reconized us as the managers we are and say that they are unconnected and that there is a "create new manager" is connected.

so whe try a hope things but we still dont know how we must go further with our game.

I'll hope someone do.

Greetz, Ivo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Why not read the patch fix list to see if it's there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For once why not give some useful and informative information rather than being the exteremly annoying and useless git that you are?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Why not read the patch fix list to see if it's there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For once why not give some useful and informative information rather than being the exteremly annoying and useless git that you are? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah keep throwing the insults mate and you'll find yourself warned or carded.

Thought it was a perfectly valid point I made. If no one is replying to his post then why can't he just check the bugs list instead of posting the same thing over and over again and he'll find his issue is fixed in the patch? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IvoL:

Hi guys,

I and a friend of my started up a netwerk game yesterday. ( whit hamachi)

When we where finished my friend ( he is the server) saved the game and we shut down fm07.

now we want to play further but when he loads the game en I joined him whe have a huge problem.

after i joined him we see that FM dont reconized us as the managers we are and say that they are unconnected and that there is a "create new manager" is connected.

so whe try a hope things but we still dont know how we must go further with our game.

I'll hope someone do.

Greetz, Ivo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right click on the not connected option or on your team or your name and a pop up should appear asking if you want to resume control. icon14.gif

Archived