FMO Help - Need advice? Ask your question here!

bell

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mini5476:

it a netopia router , I can find any model number?

theres noone else on the connection besides me and him

I'll remove all my enhancements so and give it a try cause ive only recently added most of them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never heard of it. Its mostly probably the distance that causes the random drop-outs.

well after moving my computer closer to his (about 5 or 6 feet) and getting rid of all my face packs , the game worked for about 5 games each then suddenly it just crashed on both our computers and I got an error message saying "a serios error has occured, an error file has been created in c:/my documents....."

and he got the same message! angryfire.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mini5476:

well after moving my computer closer to his (about 5 or 6 feet) and getting rid of all my face packs , the game worked for about 5 games each then suddenly it just crashed on both our computers and I got an error message saying "a serios error has occured, an error file has been created in c:/my documents....."

and he got the same message! angryfire.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did it leave a dump/.dmp file?

im not sure where can i find it ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The error message may tell you, otherwise in My Docs>Sports Interactive...

To be honest that could happen because of anything. I suggest you start a fresh game.

cant find it anyway ,either in my documents or program files??

Were gonna try again and save it more often if that doesnt work , well start fresh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep well whenever youre hosting make sure you disable the following:

sounds,

show player pics,

show badges/logos

show background pics,

show unique ids

That will help and save weekly and untick move matched for tv. Jusat saves time

Hi,

My mate and i are having a problem. We want to play over the internet and he is the server. We both have the latest version 6.0.3 . We both have routers but he has opened his ports so no problems with that i think. Altough when he, as server, created a game and i want to connect to his ip, it connects but immediately when i can see the screen where i can make my new user, the game loads and goes back to the network menu (where you can connect to an ip).

Could you please help us?

Thanks in advance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yafi:

Hi,

My mate and i are having a problem. We want to play over the internet and he is the server. We both have the latest version 6.0.3 . We both have routers but he has opened his ports so no problems with that i think. Altough when he, as server, created a game and i want to connect to his ip, it connects but immediately when i can see the screen where i can make my new user, the game loads and goes back to the network menu (where you can connect to an ip).

Could you please help us?

Thanks in advance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try and make the host PC have a static internal IP. This can be done through Local Area Connection>Properties>TCP/IP.

Thats the only thing I can think of...

okay me and my mate want to start a league, he is going to be the host of the game.

Okay what is it we need to do? We've click Run As Server and he gave me the ip address's they look like this IP ONE / IP TWO iv'e gone to Join Other Server in my football manager and tried both of them it wont connect at all, any advice on what else there is we need to do?

Someone told me you need to open port's?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danfx:

okay me and my mate want to start a league, he is going to be the host of the game.

Okay what is it we need to do? We've click Run As Server and he gave me the ip address's they look like this IP ONE / IP TWO iv'e gone to Join Other Server in my football manager and tried both of them it wont connect at all, any advice on what else there is we need to do?

Someone told me you need to open port's? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has already been mentioned a good few times in this very post, scroll back a few weeks and you'll find it there. You need to open ports to a fixed internal IP address, and make sure the firewall allows FM to allow data in and out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yafi:

Thanks but i doesn't work.

Any other solutions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firewall maybe blocking it?

Guest dsharp1888

Friend and I are tryingto connect via DSL modem and getting the unable to connect msg. I was hosting and opened the TCP/UDP ports under the network manager and still same problem. We both then turned off all firewalls and anti-virus etc and still nothing.

any advice would b great thanks..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dsharp1888:

Friend and I are tryingto connect via DSL modem and getting the unable to connect msg. I was hosting and opened the TCP/UDP ports under the network manager and still same problem. We both then turned off all firewalls and anti-virus etc and still nothing.

any advice would b great thanks.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DSL modems you dont relaly need to open ports. Its just mainly for routers that have intimittant connections and connect to the PC via LAN or wLAN. Make sure you have run as server in the game.

If that dont work then make sure you have "port forwarded" to a static internal IP. That is to say that your PC will have a static IP, such as 192.168.0.1 which is not the same as the ISP IP. Forward ports 10093-94 TCP/UDP to that IP.

That ought to work. If it doesnt, MSN me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danfx:

Just tell me how to open ports then. plus i dont have no firewall and neither does my mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Details: What router you have?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by m5_rcc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cheesemaster:

My mate and I can't get a network game going.

I've checked my ip, my firewall is off, run as server is ticked etc.

It still doesn't work. Can someone help me please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes more details please. Router? Modem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't even know what a router or modem is and what you do with them. People go on about ports and stuff but to me, it's like another language.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cheesemaster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by m5_rcc:

My mate and I can't get a network game going.

I've checked my ip, my firewall is off, run as server is ticked etc.

It still doesn't work. Can someone help me please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes more details please. Router? Modem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't even know what a router or modem is and what you do with them. People go on about ports and stuff but to me, it's like another language. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The internet company you are with have installed a box on your behalf. How does that attach to the PC? Via USB or via a cable that attaches itself to the PC with a clip?

what ports do i need to open to play football manager with my friend through network...because when i type in his ip address it says unable to find server but we've turned off our firewalls and we have the same patch

Can my brother in UK connect to my computer in Dubai through the internet?

We are having great difficulty connecting to each other.

We have opened ports to static IP, closed firewalls but still he cannot access my ip address and I cannot access his.

Anyone got anymore suggestions?

Can i have the IP of a working game just to check if i can connect.

I have a problem. I am running on a BT Voyager 2091 Router. i have forwarded the necessary ports and have put an exception on the firewall. The only anti virus I have running at present is AVG.

I am running as a host and have ticked the box. My friends cannot connect to me.

Any ideas Please??

Hi there, I'm having a problem when joining/hosting a Network Game in FM 05 (V5.0.5) with a friend. A few days ago we were having issues that wouldn't allow me to host. I could join his game though. I opened the ports specified for the game using Port Forward and then I could host.

So yesterday we tried to set up another game, him hosting this time. But everytime I try to join his game, the football comes up to signify it is loading; but then it kicks me out to the desktop with no error explanation. My mate says he can see me joining but I just jump out right away.

I've given the game full privleges through my BT Yahoo! Norton Software, so I don't know what's wrong. I tried to start a network game too last night and he couldn't join/ He was 'Unable to Connect to Server'.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Since it won't let me edit, do you think the problem is with my software or disc? The disc has two little cracks at either side of the middle part on the side that it reads.

I think I'll just re-install the game and see how that does.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A HiFi:

Hi there, I'm having a problem when joining/hosting a Network Game in FM 05 (V5.0.5) with a friend. A few days ago we were having issues that wouldn't allow me to host. I could join his game though. I opened the ports specified for the game using Port Forward and then I could host.

So yesterday we tried to set up another game, him hosting this time. But everytime I try to join his game, the football comes up to signify it is loading; but then it kicks me out to the desktop with no error explanation. My mate says he can see me joining but I just jump out right away.

I've given the game full privleges through my BT Yahoo! Norton Software, so I don't know what's wrong. I tried to start a network game too last night and he couldn't join. He was 'Unable to Connect to Server'.

Any advice? Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've now managed to host online. I still have a problem with joining a game though. When I go to join, it comes up with the football and then kicks me out of the application without an error message.

But anyway; could the cracks on the disc I mention in my other post be the problem, or is it my PC/his PC?

I'd be grateful if someone were to start up a game and send me an invite to see if I can join.

Guest THE PLAYMAKER

Hi everyone, I have two computers in my house connected by a gigabit LAN (no router, just a crossover cable). Anyways, I am trying to get a game of FM2006 set up with my mate. I start a new game on one computer, tick "run as server" then go to the other computer to join. The other computer SEES the other games as being there (the correct game name that I put in and all comes up) and when I click on the server it appears to join. But then once it does join, it freezes up straight away on the joining computer as soon as I hit "add new manager" or "continue game" or do anything. I had the IP on the two computers manually set to 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 respectively, but now I have them both on "automatically assign IP". All firewalls are disabled and both machines are running the newest version of FM, v6.0.3. Also, connecting by manually entering the IP doesn't work either.

If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated. Regards, John.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A HiFi:

I've given the game full privleges through my BT Yahoo! Norton Software, so I don't know what's wrong. I tried to start a network game too last night and he couldn't join. He was 'Unable to Connect to Server'.

Any advice? Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've now managed to host online. I still have a problem with joining a game though. When I go to join, it comes up with the football and then kicks me out of the application without an error message.

But anyway; could the cracks on the disc I mention in my other post be the problem, or is it my PC/his PC?

I'd be grateful if someone were to start up a game and send me an invite to see if I can join. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe the host's connection is not configured properly to allow others to join?

Need help!

Me and my mates are setting up a network game over the internet. We are complete beginners. 2 of us live together and have a wireless network, one of us is hosting it and we are fine; the host can be found by the other pc. When our friends try to join, they cannot. For starters, which IP address do they type in; the whole number with forward slash or just part of it? Also, they have turned firewalls off and still no luck. Do they need to mess with their ports? And how do they do this?

Thanks a lot!

hi all

when going into the network option i am not getting any servers to join anyone help with this or does it mean i am not near anyone with one if so does anyone want a new player i have configed my ports but still a little unsure if thats all i need to do please help desperate for a game with real people

Hi i need help! :p :O

My system is wondows XP..

breadband....the router i have isn't in the portforwarding site..please help

please help me.

i'm an italian guy and i'm quite ignorant about servers,ip addresses etc.

excuse me for my poor english but my keyboard is quite broken. could anyone help me creating a new online game explaining me step by step how to do it? starting from the very beginning.... thank you very much and excuse me again for my disastrous syntax

i'm trying to set up an Internet game with my friend. i've read what the manual has said to do, but he still can't link up with my IP address. What is likely to be the problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GBOP:

i'm trying to set up an Internet game with my friend. i've read what the manual has said to do, but he still can't link up with my IP address. What is likely to be the problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If anyone is going to help you you will need to give more information than that. icon14.gif

i have an server ip address as i was trying to host the game and tried linking to my rothers server but error reads unable to connedct to server

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daveharrison:

i have an server ip address as i was trying to host the game and tried linking to my rothers server but error reads unable to connedct to server </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you were hosting why were you trying to link to your brother's server? If your host you give the Ip to hima nd then he joins your game.

i am trying to get a 3 player online game going, for some reason my computer wont let anyone else join when my computer is the server, i can make a 2 player game against one of my mates with his computer as the server and it lets me connect to his, but 5 seconds later it wont let him connect to my computer, what could be causing this, i have deleted every anti virus on my computer and disabled the xp firwall also?

Everythings set up properly, I can connect to my mate and play fine. He can't connect to me however, and since my pc's a lot faster I obviously want to start hosting instead of him!

Anyone free to try connecting to me to see if it's my pc thats the problem? MSN in profile

Thanks in advance icon14.gif

Findlay, Stubbers7 & saints4life06 I think you all need to take a look at your router or firewall settings and configure them to allow FM.

Ports you need to open are 10093 and 10094.

You can also go to this website I think to help you configure your router.

www.portforward.com (you'll need to copy and paste in your browser).

@ LARulz

Read the forum header for everything you need to know about playing FM online.

Thanks for replying, my ports are forwarded already though.

If they weren't surely I wouldn't be able to connect to him to play in the first place? His are forwarded too, weird how I can connect to him but he can't connect to me. I've also tested with my old USB modem (no NAT, hence no ports to forward) and he still couldn't connect.

Windows firewall is configured to allow FM, and I manually added the ports to make sure aswell.

Windows MCE 2005

Windows Firewall

Avast! Antivirus

Speedtouch 576 Wireless Router (also tried BT Voyager 105 USB Modem)

AOL 8 meg ADSL-Max

VIA Ethernet Card (not connected wirelessly at the mo)

Archived