FMO Help - Need advice? Ask your question here!

bell

Operating system xp pro

Service packs installed sp2 all windows up to date

net connection 2mb

ISP ntl

router involved none

anti virus software norton

Firewall software: sp 2 xp

i have problems connecting or hostin fm 06, it just freezes if i try creatin manager once i have joined their game and if they try join me says new client but freezes 4 them. i have an athlon 64 3800+ and i have a nvidia network card all my m8s have 32 bit processors and all join ok but i dont seem to b able to so it has to b somethin wiv my pc. we all have the same version (6.0.3) and database any ideas

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Operating System: windows xp

Service Packs installed: not to sure what this means but are FM is verson 6.0.3

Net Connection: Broadband DSL

ISP: BT

Router involved: BT voyager 205 ADSL router

i am hosting a game but no one can join

i have turn off my firewall

and it still not working can you help plz

icon_confused.gif

hello! me and my friend are TRYIN to set up a game online but when we try to do this whoever is trying to join cant because fm closes and tells us that there is an error..(ie it wont accept the ip address) the person who is hosting the game as run a sever clicked and we have even tried it with both of us clickin the run as sever box clicked! are we missing something? we are both on bt broadband and we both have the new verison 6.0.3 downloaded!

thanks!

Guest hustler_kid

help me and my friedn are tryin to setup an online game it took us 2 hours la snight and we finally done it after i had used the port forwarding website however we have decided to delet that game and start a new one which we tried to day however we cant coneect to each other and i have followe all the steps as it let us connect yesterday anyway. I am using a netgear dg834g wireless router and we have clicked run as server etc.

Hi i want to join one of the clans to play online but do i need to give over my IP address and what are the dangers of doing so

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Hi i want to join one of the clans to play online but do i need to give over my IP address and what are the dangers of doing so </div></BLOCKQUOTE> if you are join a clan you do not have to give your ip you just need the ip of the host icon_cool.gif

thinking about starting an online game, now with my specs and connection (hopefully someone with better system would host) how many players and league's would be recommended?

Specs

2,4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4

1 gig DDR-RAM

connection: 4mbit down 512kbit/s upload

thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> hi i have a problem i join my m8s game and then it says you have been banned from joining this game.

why is this???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi matty mate you have been banned by host of the game you should e-mail the host of the game icon_cool.gif

Been playing the CM/FM series since the Amiga days and have finally got round to playing a network game.

I run the game off my PC as the server and one of my mates joins the game and we play happily.

I have opened the correct ports on my router and the game has been granted access through my firewall.

Problem is that when i play a match the 2d engine is really jerky and keeps freezing. When i play single player it is fine. I am the host so why would it be jerky for me as i am playing the game directly from my PC.

I have an Athlon64 3200+ cpu and 1 gig of corsair low latency ram. As the game is running off my PC i struggle to see why the 2d match engine is really jerky and keeps frezzing.

Any ideas why this happens as otherwise the game runs fine for both of us.....

XP SP2 all updates NTL 1MB line.

Operating system = Windows XP Pro

Service packs installed = SP2

net connection = 1mb

ISP = Tesco broadband (had same error with aol)

router involved = Speedtouch 510

anti virus software = EZtrust

Firewall software = Nvidia firewall + router firewall

Okay, I have tried everything I can think off, that is forward Ip's to an address I have made static, turn off firewall (both off them), turn off anti-virus etc.

Still all still get same error.

I can connect to another game, people can connect to me.

BUT, I crashes when I click "new user" (it crashes when others press new user when i try to host). Had error on both 05 & 06. Tried portforward, but what they say I have already done & it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Operating System: Win XP

Wireless 3com router

isp: Bt Broadband

Norton antivirus & firewall

I used to play online on our pc, but have since bought a laptop with a wireless router. I click run as server, an tell my friend the ip address, which is now 2 sets of numbers separated by a / which numbers does he type in? anyway no matter which ones he types in it says unable to connect to server. any ideas please??

Hey Chris here, urm same problem as most of the rest, heres the info requested cept i dont no wat an ISP is and i dont no if i have a router

Operating system : Win XP

Service packs installed : Sp2

net connection : Aol Broadband 1meg

ISP : ?

router involved : ?

anti virus software : Norton Internet Security

Firewall software : Norton Internet Security

Hi, was wondering if you could help. I think my problem is the fact that I'm connected to the internet via an SMC7505WBRA "ADSL Barricade". I tried looking at the port forwarding site posted earlier, but it doesn't help with my router. I have a static IP, and there are no Firewalls on my PC, yet my friend can't connect to my game (it is definitely my computer, as other people have tried to connect to me as well and failed).

Cheers for any help

b101

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darrenshan:

how do i join an online game i have benn looking in every file for weeks i have no clue what so ever help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read your manual! icon_smile.gif

Ok, that maybe the short and sweet answer to get you to look at it yourself but in actual fact, its very easy to play online.

Once your friend has setup a game. All you need to do is click on Network.

This will take you to the Network Screen, get the IP address from your friend, click on "join other server" (bottom left) then enter the IP and press ok!

As simple as that icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Duffer7/11:

Hey Chris here, urm same problem as most of the rest, heres the info requested cept i dont no wat an ISP is and i dont no if i have a router

Operating system : Win XP

Service packs installed : Sp2

net connection : Aol Broadband 1meg

ISP : ?

router involved : ?

anti virus software : Norton Internet Security

Firewall software : Norton Internet Security </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Chris, welcome to FMO!

ISP = Internet Service Provider, basically, the company who provides you, your internet connection, in your case, AOL.

To see if you have a router, how can I explain this! Ermm, well, do you see a cable that goes from your pc into a small device that then has a cable plugged into the phone socket? If so, that small device, is your router! icon_smile.gif

If its the problem that you cannot host/connect to games, then it might be because you have norton installed and that is what is stopping you!

You could try and set Norton up to allow FM to be able to go online (to do this, check your manual as I don't have Norton myself and don't want to misguide you).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Man_u_4_eva:

if I only have fm06, with the 6.0 patch, can i start an online game with someone with a 6.0.3 patch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've not tried this myself on this version, however, in previous versions, when trying to connect with someone on a different patch, it would notify you and you would need to use the same patch!

How can you have just a one off game with the team you have created while not online, against your friend who has also made a great team without being online, is it possible to just have a one off friendly match against his team without the involvement of a full season??

Thanks for help

Operating system - Windows XP

Service packs installed - Windows Service Pack 2

net connection - Broadband

ISP - NTL

router involved - Netgear WGR614 v4

anti virus software - AVG

Firewall software - Windows Service Pack 2

Im running FM2006 6.0.3 and the problem is that my mate can get on and see the game but when he goes to New user gets booted off can someone shed some light on the matter.

Hey,

Me and my friend started up a FM2006 game yesterday. Both 6.0.3. We first started a LAN game and it worked fine.

However when he got home and we tried to connect via internet, we failed.

I went to dos/command, and saw that I couldnt even ping his IP. So if i cant ping his IP then its not a problem with the game right?

Cheers

Anarchoi

yeah it seems that everyone near enough the same problem i'll be brief XP SP2, bulldog 8meg, cable modem,

speedtouch 330, firewalls off no anti-virus programs on

error message 'cannot connect 2 server'

im tryin to connect with friend who has XP SP2, aol 2meg, ASDL modem, no anti-virus programs and firewall off

what do i do im so frustrated not not knowing how to get this 2 work plus when i go on network i don't see n e other servers running its jus blank i need some SERIOUS HELP PLEASE

basically i've done port forwarding, off router firewall, norton firewall, windows firewall. however, when i try to host a network game, all i get for server ip address is '-'

can someone pls help? i'm almost driven up the wall!

i'm on:

Windows XP Media Centre Edition

SP 2

Linksys WRT54G

Norton Anti-Virus

ISP: StarHub Cable Modem(S'pore)

Basically a friend and i have got the game running fine,its all very impressive and works reasonably fast etc...however today he keeps getting disconnected during games,then his assistant takes over and ruins the games for him,he can get back in teh game ok but he loses control of that game...therefore we gotta keep replaying games cos he ocmplains so much!

ne1 else having this problem?we both have the ports open through internal and external routers...we re not using up the bandwidth space with other stuff...no idea what it cud be,perhaps intereference,any ideas guys?

thanks appreciate it

Hi

I'm in a online game with a buddy of mine. And since I was on a vacation he played 2-3 matches and put my profile on Holiday for those matches..

Now that my vacation is over we're trying to play a few tonight, but I cannot select my team.. It says that i'm currently playing, but i'm not connected to the userprofile yet :/

How can we fix this WITHOUT retiring my profile and taking over with a new profile?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Almighty Herter:

Hi

I'm in a online game with a buddy of mine. And since I was on a vacation he played 2-3 matches and put my profile on Holiday for those matches..

Now that my vacation is over we're trying to play a few tonight, but I cannot select my team.. It says that i'm currently playing, but i'm not connected to the userprofile yet :/

How can we fix this WITHOUT retiring my profile and taking over with a new profile? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nevermind.. solved the problem icon_wink.gif There is a option of "disconnect user from client" under "holiday" icon_biggrin.gif

Guest ollyiscool

Hi i no many people are asking questions, but i have done my research and none of them give answers to this i am on a local area connection and when i go on to the game status screen it gives me an ip address the only problem is that it is my local connection address not the enitre network one if anyone has got any idea of how to get the entire network ip address please tell me as i'm desperate to start as many people have come to me saying thtey wnat to join and the ip address doesn't work

HI i am trying to download the latest patch but cant seem to get it to work it is saved in my documents on my pc do i have to save it somewhere else to get it to work.

I have recently discovered the beauty of FM 06 and playing the game over the Internet.

However every time I've been playing I have run into the same problem:

My computer crashes (I have to re-start the d*mn thing). It only happens when I play FM 06 and it only happens when I play FM 06 over the Internet.

...I am using the latest patch, Win XP, Norton AV and a wireless network (D-Link 624-router). I think the fault is with the router, as my computer keeps telling me the "netdlwl.sys" is causing this.

Have anyone had the same problem? I am very thankful for all your help!

Originally posted by Stevenhp1987:

*****i have a very similar problem to this one!******

Operating system = Windows XP Pro

net connection = 1mb

ISP = Talktalk

router involved = Netgear DG834

Anti virus software = symantec corp

Firewall software = sygate firewall + router firewall

Okay, I have tried everything I can think off, that is forward Ip's to an address I have made static, turn off firewall (both off them), turn off anti-virus etc.

Still all still get same error.

I can connect to another game, people can connect to me.

BUT, I crashes when I click "new user" (it crashes when others press new user when i try to host). Had error on both 05 & 06. Tried portforward, but what they say I have already done & it still doesn't work.

*******Even when am hosting its the same problem people can connect but when they click add new user it just goes back to the join server screen****

Any ideas?

Hi

Me and a mate have recently decided that we would like to have an online FM game but we have faced alot of problems.

We've changed patches, turned off firewalls, both tried to host but we've had no success.

My internet is from a router from the computer downstairs.

A friend is a modem to the main computer and then a local network to this computer.

Please help asap. Thanks

Lee

Hey i have a Pc and a Laptop connected through Linksys Router my Laptop is Wireless of course , for first few weeks i could host but since my IP Address has changed i cannot host the games i am currently playing onle with my mates i did go to www.whatismyip.com and it shows my Ip has changed and now i cannot host anymore

someone please help me it would be appreciated alot thanks alot

Operating system = Windows XP Home

net connection = 1mb

ISP = Ntl Broadband

router involved = Linksys Broadband Router

anti virus software = Norton

Firewall software = Zone Alarm

those are my details

Archived