England vs Hungary August Your Starting 11,

Jayoel

Barry was pretty bad, maybe we should have taken someone else.

I do want some youth to be brought in, I just don't believe instead of Terry and Lampard would be the right choice. Wouldn't mind them being dropped for the friendly to check out the younger/other players but for the Euro quals I wouldn't risk not playing them.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He really didn't, certainly not against Germany. All the accusations of him making mistakes were ones forced upon him by Terry and Upson's awful positioning.

Are you joking? He was bloody awful against Germany, couldn't control the ball, stupid fouls, awful distribution, how he cost Liverpool so much I'll never know.

Not even good enough to lace Gary Neville's boots.

Rodwell is potentially excellent, get him used to the international scene along with other promising young players and in a couple of tournaments time they'll be experienced enough at that level to really push on and maybe compete to actually win something. Keeping with the current older players has no upside at all, they won't win anything so why stick with them? If we go to the next 2 tournaments with the same players then all we're doing is wasting time, we'd then have to bring through the younger players who'd then need time to adapt to international football and by then it might be too late.

Chelsea player or not, apart from maybe Rio he's our best centre back and was at the World Cup tbh. Don't really know why your going on about 4 years when this is a discussion about a friendly in 2 months :thup:

Your also basing this all on age for the next World Cup which is ****ing pointless at this stage tbh. Look at 2 years for the Euro's Terry is 31 and Lampard 34, who knows what Frank will be like as he has been getting better for Chelsea, if only he could do it for England. You have based all of your cuts on age, regardless of how they played. Although I wouldn't want to drop him, Rooney was one of our worst players at that tournament along with Glen Johnson.

Also I was defending Terry not Chelsea. The fact everyone is against him is nothing to do with Chelsea, nor did I mention it once. Do have another try at getting one over on me though.

The thing Lampard has in his favour is that his game has never been about pace, and a deficiency in that regard in his position can be covered up by quick players around him.

I would say that while Terry has never had pace either, you need it a lot more in central defence at international level and I would be quite happy for him to be retired, which I suspect he will be.

Quick question: Does anyone actually think Barry was fit?

The thing Lampard has in his favour is that his game has never been about pace, and a deficiency in that regard in his position can be covered up by quick players around him.

I would say that while Terry has never had pace either, you need it a lot more in central defence at international level and I would be quite happy for him to be retired, which I suspect he will be.

Quick question: Does anyone actually think Barry was fit?

He didn't look fully fit. Huddlestone was inexperienced, Carrick out of form and Parker untried at this level, but I think either would have been better than an unfit Barry.

Although I want Rodwell, A.Johnson, Hart, Wilshire etc in the team asap, I would still involve players like Lampard as Beckham has been over the last few years.

Of course its the end of the road has come for James, King, Carragher and Heskey (finally).

We should do with Lampard and Gerrard what we should have done years ago. They play in one position, the advanced midfielder behind Rooney. One on the pitch, one on the bench.

Despite being a huge fan of Rodwell, I agree with Sam, it's far to early to expect him to be our next great defensive midfielder.

It is, but there no harm in getting him involved in the national team now for experience. He's preformed well for the under 21's, other countries would see this as a reason to promote him.

We should do with Lampard and Gerrard what we should have done years ago. They play in one position, the advanced midfielder behind Rooney. One on the pitch, one on the bench.

Which is why I would play Gerrard as Lampard can't really do that role- despite playing much better the last year.

Lampard has been hard done by, I think he played alright this WC and is a fine player. But for the position Gerrard can play and that he is younger, Lampard would be the one to make way for me.

It is, but there no harm in getting him involved in the national team now for experience. He's preformed well for the under 21's, other countries would see this as a reason to promote him.

I was looking at the records of all the Germany U21 players that made the WC team and they've all had a decent amount of football. I still think you need at least a whole season of good regular football and playing well, before being considered.

Unless it's someone like Owen, who got called up in February, during his first full season.

I always wonder with Owen whether the amount of football he played when he was younger contributed to all his injuries. He was playing 40-50 games a year from the age of 18 with defenders a lot bigger than him constantly kicking him.

Are you joking? He was bloody awful against Germany, couldn't control the ball, stupid fouls, awful distribution, how he cost Liverpool so much I'll never know.

Not even good enough to lace Gary Neville's boots.

He was only slightly worse than Ashley Cole. Probably our third best player on the pitch that afternoon. Certainly miles better than Terry or Upson- and I like Upson.

Johnson gets so much unjustified stick, largely because of this rumour that he can't defend.

I do agree that he isn't as good as Gary Neville in his prime.

Bring in a few of the 'new generation' of players, but i'm not sure about a complete overhaul. Would be happy to see a half/half squad split. I'm sure the England squad themselves know that it's not currently working, so they'll understand a new intake of players, even if they don't like it.

I would say bring in a midfielder or two who are young/weren't given much of a chance before. Possibly CM and a winger, Johnson would be my choice for left wing and then whoever for the midfield. No idea what we could od up front and we could try something different at the back. Would like to see Micah Richard fulfill his potential, at Man City or whoever, wish someone like Wenger would sign him and sort him out.

My 30 man squad: Hart, Green, James (still need to keep some faith in Green, James played OK, Hart to be #1 though and Foster needs to prove himself at Brum); G. Johnson, Tomkins, Rio, Dawson, Jagielka, Terry, Upson, Shawcross, A. Cole, Baines; Lennon, Walcott, Milner, Rodwell, Barry, Huddlestone, Parker, Gerrard, J. Cole, A. Young, A. Johnson; Rooney, Zamora, Crouch, Defoe, Carroll, Owen.

Make of that what you will. Not a lot of thought put into it though.

that is such absolute rubbish.

We cannot include those players. It really ****es me off when people think that the likes of Gibbs and Sturridge should play. Neither of them will ever be good enough so what on earth is the point?

I hope that team isn't serious. It wold do alright but Mancienne probably won't even get games for us this season let alone England. Gibbs hasn't played enough for Arsenal yet, Wilshere is just too young and inexperienced at the moment and the same with Sturridge, not even a starter for us :D

Chelsea player or not, apart from maybe Rio he's our best centre back and was at the World Cup tbh. Don't really know why your going on about 4 years when this is a discussion about a friendly in 2 months :thup:

Because as soon as one World Cup finishes you have to start looking to the next. If it's not thought about now then when will we? After a similar group of players that have been at this tournament have messed up at the Euro's?

Your also basing this all on age for the next World Cup which is ****ing pointless at this stage tbh.

I dont see how it is pointless looking at ages. I for one would not be amused if the spine of our team still contained Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, and Gerrard in 2014.

Look at 2 years for the Euro's Terry is 31 and Lampard 34, who knows what Frank will be like as he has been getting better for Chelsea, if only he could do it for England. You have based all of your cuts on age, regardless of how they played. Although I wouldn't want to drop him, Rooney was one of our worst players at that tournament along with Glen Johnson.

I think you'll find that I addressed how shocking Terry was in the Germany game, and even mentioned that both Gerrard and Rooney weren't the best. I even said how well I thought Lampard had performed against the Germans.

I never disputed that these players couldn't perform at the Euro's in 2012, just saying that I think it would be more worthwhile looking further down the line towards the next World Cup. The Euro's are important, but given how poorly we have performed this summer I dont see the point in persisting with the players I have mentioned. They have failed for too long now, and it's about time they made way so that other players can be given a chance.

Also I was defending Terry not Chelsea. The fact everyone is against him is nothing to do with Chelsea, nor did I mention it once. Do have another try at getting one over on me though.

Never once tried to do that, just pointing out that you couldn't seem to be able to see that Terry was awful against Germany and you seemed to go off on this typical tangent of "he plays for my team so can't have done wrong".

I named my 30 man squad with a number of the WC flops in because you can't really expect an immediate drastic change, the best you can hope for is a transition stage in the coming friendlies where the worst performers of the big names slowly get removed and the harder working, better performers come into the team.

yeah but that's not the point. Kevin Davies is what? 31-34 years old? I don't think there's any young players better in the air that Carroll, that is all

If England decide to start picking players "because they're good in the air" Then they really don't deserve to have a national side capable of winning tournaments.

that is such absolute rubbish.

We cannot include those players. It really ****es me off when people think that the likes of Gibbs and Sturridge should play. Neither of them will ever be good enough so what on earth is the point?

You don't think either of those two will be good enough, yet you think Carroll is? :D

If England decide to start picking players "because they're good in the air" Then they really don't deserve to have a national side capable of winning tournaments.

Heksey .

and correct. But tbf, I never said Carroll should start at all. I didn't even suggest that

its a friendly v hungary and what if these players i mentioned perform well they maybe there club managers might think hold on a min ive got a good youngster here might give him a few extra games, you dont get experience without playing games at international level.... the team i mentioned isnt the starting line up for england v germany in a world cup final like alot of your are reacting whats wrong with bloody youngsters? just like Man Utd and Arsenal in the Carling Cup ....

Heksey .

and correct. But tbf, I never said Carroll should start at all. I didn't even suggest that

Heskey wasn't picked because he was good in the air ffs. He was picked because of how well he played in qualifying and how he allowed the players around him to play to their strengths by acting as a link man.

Yeah, I'm sure their club managers who see them day in day out won't have noticed how good they are and will be influenced by a performance in a friendly against Hungary.

Club managers might see them day in day out but due to the huge pressures on clubs in the premiership they are more likely not to play them because everyone knows in England its Club before Country (which i totally disagree with)

Heskey wasn't picked because he was good in the air ffs. He was picked because of how well he played in qualifying and how he allowed the players around him to play to their strengths by acting as a link man.

and who's to say Carroll wouldn't do the exact same job?

At least Carroll has more than a season of first team experience (in which he has performed well btw), unlike the likes of Sturridge and co.

They still know how good they are.

Put it this way, how do you know about these players in the first place? Because they've played for their clubs.

How is a friendly against Hungary going to change anyone's opinion?

No, Heskey is a good player who doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's not a prolific goalscorer but he's capable of playing at a very high level with quality players.

Until Carroll actually moves to a good team and is able to show he's capable of doing it at a higher level than he's done so far in his career, then he doesn't deserve to be compared to Heskey.

Yep they all no how good they are thats why Capello played Wayne Rooney, even though he was out of form, the pressure had got to him and he performed poorly. Different people re-act differently to pressure and i was commenting on giving them a chance is that not allowed, because there club managers don't play them they must not be good enough?

I'm afraid that argument falls flat on its face with the proof of one Miroslov Klose not good enough to be in the FC Bayern team apparently but yet he is having a fantastic World Cup, he is in with a shout of being the only player EVER to claim the golden boot TWICE and is 1 goal away from = Ronaldos 15 goals in the world cup finals.

To answer your question how do i no about these players its due to the same way most people no about these players through great games like FM and through the media.

And are you telling me that if he did play that team that i said (highly unlikely of course) but say 2 or 3 players where exceptional that wouldnt change public opinion .... the last big public opinion i heard about was who the **** is owen haregreaves in 2006 and correct me if im wrong wasnt he England best player in world cup 2006!?

Newcastle are in the Premiership. We will see how he does this season. I guarantee he will play much better than Heskey, who is an absolute abortion of a player. People who stick up for Heskey are quite frankly stupid or know very little about football

Newcastle are in the Premiership. We will see how he does this season. I guarantee he will play much better than Heskey, who is an absolute abortion of a player. People who stick up for Heskey are quite frankly stupid or know very little about football

I'd fogotten how ridiculous Newcastle fans and you in particular were, being lucky enough to barely deal with you over the course of the last season.

Really is a shame that you got promoted. :thdn:

I'd fogotten how ridiculous Newcastle fans and you in particular were, being lucky enough to barely deal with you over the course of the last season.

Really is a shame that you got promoted. :thdn:

hahaha. You are such a ****ing pompous tool

I think Andy Carroll will be named in the squad but I don't think he'll play.

Based on what?

I'm not even joking, Bothroyd is quality, really he's better than Heskey a other target men.

O RLY? Honesty? So many managers are blind to the fact as well that He is better than Heskey, even though he would be a lot cheaper option they still time after time choose heskey over going for him? Does that tell you something?

and who's to say Carroll wouldn't do the exact same job?

Capello. :cool:

I guarantee he will play much better than Heskey, who is an absolute abortion of a player. People who stick up for Heskey are quite frankly stupid or know very little about football

Yeah those managers who pick heskey know nothing about football, all those managers who have made careers out of the game and have signed this lump what a bunch of charlatans.

You do realise your wrong? Totally and utterly wrong.

Stop digging because its not going to be pretty.

Archived