FM08: The Official Peterborough United Thread

Since there isn't one I have taken on the duty to create one!

You're given a budget in the region of 250K, which is quite nice for a league 2 side.

Current Squad:

1. Mark Tyler

2. Josh Low

3. Shane Blackett

4. Craig Morgan

5. Chris Westwood

6. Charlie Lee

7. Adam Newton

8. Micah Hyde

9. Aaron McLean

10. George Boyd

11. Dean Keates

12. Craig Mackail-Smith

13. Shwan Jalal

14. Peter Gain

15. Gavin Strachan

16. Danny Crow

17. Jaime Day

18. Chris Whelpdale

19. Adam Smith

20. Alfie Porter

21. Darren Ferguson

22. Kieran Charnock

23. Rene Howe

26. Guy Branston

27. Claude Gnakpa

31. James McKeown

33. Danny Blanchett

Club Details:

Stadium: London Road

Stadium Capcity: 15314 (9614 seating)

Pitch Dimensions: Length: 103m Width: 65m

Home Kit: Blue

Away Kit: Green

Founded: 1934

Chairman: Loves The Club

Favourite Personnel: Simon Davies, Mark Tyler, Adam Drury, Mick Halsall

Fierce Rivals: Cambridge

Other Rivals: Northampton

Finances: Ok

Estimated Value: $1 mil

Training Facilities: Adequate

Media Prediction: 6th

Squad Average Age: 25

Squad Personality: Determined

Captain: (don't know)

Lets keep updates to Summer and January Transfer Windows. Post players, tactics, success stories, horrid failures, and any screenies you deem necessary.

Apologies if I got any of this wrong.

So I guess I should start:

signed:

Giorgi Lomaia - GK 0

Patrick Lassine - DL 0 possibly my best signing!

Matteo Valli - ST 0

Winston Parks - ST 0

Alo Barengrub - DC 12k from flora

Marc Kalenga - DM 0

Muhamed Demiri - AML 3k from Concordia BS other contender for best signing

Biscotte Mbala Mbuta - AM/FC 3k from Yverdon

Best Players:

Demiri - 16apps 1goal 8assists 7.50avg

Lassine - 13apps 1goal 2assists 7.23avg

Boyd - 14apps 6goals 2assists 7.21avg

Mbala Mbuta 13(1)apps 5goals 4assists 7.20avg

Barengrub 13apps 1assist 7.00avg

(not quite january yet)

I have never played with Peterbrough and in all honesty, I probably never will. However, I've signed Danny Crow numerous times for Darlington and other lower league teams from Peterbrough, he's awesome, anyone else play him?

In summer 2011 with posh and finished 14th in the championship last term, which wasnt too bad as its the first season in the championship..the biggest transfers in and out: -

Sold boyd for 1.2 mill(was one of the better performers but was thinking of the cash)

bought a defender called miral(surname cant remember)bought for 50k sold for 2.5mil)another immence player but again cash was good but chairman accepted bid anyway..

I got mifsud(striker)for free and he dominated league 1 but leicster came in with a 1.5mil bid which i took..

Ive had a couple of romanian youths thats ive made nice profits on..

oh i got mellor on a free but he didnt perform so sold for 2mill half a season later..

The biggest transfer ive paid is 1.2 for spurr the defender and 1.5mil for a right midfielder..

My balance is about 9mil, but the turn of the season hasnt happened so expecting a bit of tv revenue..erm wage budget is about 95k..

i sold all the season tickets in the championship so am hoping for an extension..

My current squad includes st ledger and luke steele..hope fully get a good trandfer budget over the summer and bring in some new blood. with 2 or 3 new pacey strikers and strong and quick defenders..oh and a new GK wudnt go a miss..joe hart and steele arent bad but cant probably find better..overall im loving the posh experience. starting with pittance and spending sod all on players, well it was more like relying on loaning players..

Knocked back the norwich job 2 times as well!!

End of january 08 transfer window, currently sitting top of league 2, 3 points above dag and red

january transfers

IN

cederic bockhorni - drlc/dm - 9k from clermont foot auvergne 63

sabrin sburlea - amr/st - 14k from fc brasov

mustapha omari alaoui - sw/dc - 3k from chateauroux

esmir sabic - dc - 6k from baulmes

OUT

jack lyons - free transfered

mark tyler - 20k to stevenage

alfie porter - 1k over 50 league apps to mk dons

josh low - 20k to rochdale

adam newton - 10k to yeovil

danny blanchett - 1k to grays

kieran charnock - 10k over 50 league apps to bradford

wasn't like i needed the money, really needed to reduce the wage budget as i was over by almost 2.5k!!!

got charles andres-doudin signing for free at the end of the season

Current Squad

GK: Giorgi Lomaia/Shwan Jalal

DR: Cederic Bockhorni/Chris Westwood

DL: Patrick Lassine

DC: Alo Barengrub/Mustapha Omari Alaoui

DC: Craig Morgan/Claude Gnakpa/Esmir Sabic

MR: Nicolas Vergnes/Craig Mackail-Smith/Aaron McLean

ML: Muhamed Demiri/George Boyd/Chris Whelpdale

MC: Micah Hyde/Marc Kalenga/Charlie Lee

MC: Biscotte Mbala Mbuta/Dean Keates

ST: Winston Parks/Sabrin Sburlea

ST: Matteo Valli/Danny Crow

nice one matey, make sure you keep sburlea till championship to sell(if you do sell)will get quite bit for him. managed to get to the premiership(8th, bout 8 games left. loving it all the time. hopefully push for europe in a couple of seasons

got rid of joe hart and got leo franco on a free..

Best bit of business, got wal1cott for 6.5mil on bout 18k a week.

will post a screenie of squad later. 2nd season now in the prem, just won 3 0 at home to newcastle in the first game of season..hope the rest of the season is a great success.

I dont play as Peterborough but as Stockport in the same league. Its good to see an active lower league thread, keep it up icon_smile.gif

Just finished my first season and Peterborough beat me to the L2 title by 6 points. I still got promoted so cant complain! Craig Mackail-Smith was joint top L2 scorer (with Doudin for me). Is he actually that good?

I'm approaching my first league game and my squad is nearing completion.

My transfers:

IN:

Charles-Andre Doudin - ST - 220k (a little to expensive but the hattrick on his debut makes me think he's worth it)

Kabamba Musasa - ST - 50k

Esmir Sabic - DC - 24k

Piotr Czaplinski - GK - 7k

Muhamed Demiri - AML - 3k

Seyfo Soley - DMC - Free

Emil Salomonsson - AMR - Free

Matt Janssen - ST - Free

Giorgi Lomaia - GK - Free

Kerrea Gilbert - DR - Loan

Jonathan Grounds - DL - Loan

OUT:

Joe Lewis - 250k

Josh Low - 28k

Chris Whelpdale - 20k

Adam Newton - 18k

NO f***ing way..i bought him in the prem for 11 mil, and i thought that was a bargain..bought him then got injured for 4 months, typical, mate youve done well, how much, i think now(2016)his the best DM in the game, however i havent got the best out of him yet(my fault i reckon, instructions etc)

Anywho, im top of the taple with 3 games to go..4 points separate top 3 sides, me, arsenal and man utd..walcott my top scorer and then ashley chambers(look at this fellow, amazing) again paid 7.5 mil(so you may get him for a bargain at the beginning if he comes to you!!

Originally posted by hogan23:

NO f***ing way..i bought him in the prem for 11 mil, and i thought that was a bargain..bought him then got injured for 4 months, typical, mate youve done well, how much, i think now(2016)his the best DM in the game, however i havent got the best out of him yet(my fault i reckon, instructions etc)

Anywho, im top of the taple with 3 games to go..4 points separate top 3 sides, me, arsenal and man utd..walcott my top scorer and then ashley chambers(look at this fellow, amazing) again paid 7.5 mil(so you may get him for a bargain at the beginning if he comes to you!!

I paid 170k for him. icon_smile.gif

His wages are twice what my other key players are on and he's only 18... but he's on a four year contract so I have a feeling it will pay off.

I'm in second place after 8 games. I'm having problems with the half time team talks.

I usually lead at half time, but every time I tell my players not to let their performances drop, I concede at least two goals in the second half. Same happens if I say I'm pleased. But being "angry" or "disappointed" when you're leading 1-0 or 2-0 seems a bit daft.

Any suggestions?

Oh and I just checked out Chambers. He's at Leicester - my parent club! - and is already worth £1.1m. icon_frown.gif

They've loaned me Matty Fryatt who also looks very promising, but at the moment I prefer my own two strikers, Doudin and Musasa.

:lol: OK, the strangest thing just happened.

I went back to my game and Leicester almost immediately offered me Chambers on loan.

I accepted and terminated Matty Fryatt's loan since the fans didn't like him. And guess what, Chambers scored just 14 minutes after coming on in his debut against Brentford.

excellent, chambers will do the business, fryatt is good as well, but i think uve got the best striker..erm team talks, the easiest thing and i wud say probably the most effective is let the ass man do team talks, he occasionly does get it wrong but 9/10 his right..sounds like you have a good squad going on mate, nice one..try and raid man u reserves, f campbell, wallbeck etc..

Won the prem on the last day of the season and won the fa cup by defeating arsenal which i cant believe..so in the champions cup and charity shield next season..got offered the man u job, like im going to go to them..POSH THE PREM CHAMPS, wonder if it will ever happen in real life..

The Posh as prem champions... Hmm. I think it'll be a while. But who knows what'll happen in 2016.

But impressive work none the less. I struggle to see how I can turn this leaky defence into anything succesful, but it's all about building for the future I guess.

I really need a left back on loan. Grounds' deal ends now and I don't think I'll renew it. He hasn't exactly pulled up any trees. And Tom Willimas doesn't fill me with confidence.

Any suggestions? I've been looking through the reserve- and u18 squads of the top 4 clubs but haven't really found anything.

Just finished season Two at the Posh and had a rough second half of season. Finished in 13th position which made the board happy to say the least. Losing my top stiker Grame Dorrans for 3 months is what did me in. Looking forward to season Three and seeing if I can get out of League One or at least get a top 10 finish. A transfer kitty would also be nice this time around.

adam ecklesey from man u at LB, had for 3 straight seasons on loan, my defence has always been cack, lucky that i scored loads, but the season just gone i conceeded very little and all i did was give the defenders NORMAL creative freedom as usuakky i wud leave them on little, so give that a try..If i remember correctly i struggled first season in leagu 1 then went up the next year, so good luck!!

Adam Eckersley is at Port Vale now. He's only wroth 35k so he's probably been downgraded for the patch since he didn't make it at Old Toilet.

I went for Scott Golbourne fra Reading instead. He looks quite good and has started really well for me.

well chaps its the end for me im affraid to say..10 years at the psoh and had lots of fun..higlights muct be winning the premiership and competing in the ECC..oh yea and won the FA cup

Gotta be honest, and hate to say it i was getting a bit bored with FM(addicted like hell)..and then installing the 802 patch just put the icing on(lets not get into that, i will get abused)..anyway i will probs come back soon and restart with leicster..Enjoy chaps..and good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished my first season with Peterborough and I'm proud to say that it was a successful one.

I finished top of League 2 with an 18 point margin and won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy by beating Leeds 2-1 in the final.

I only lost one home game all season which I was delighted with. Away from home I struggled to gain any kind of consistency so that's where I really need to work if I want to survive in League 1 next season.

My best players were two free transfers, Seyfo Soley (av.r. 7.49) and Emil Salomonsson (av.r. 7.32) who tore the league apart. Soley scored 27 goals from central midfield and Salomonsson got 29 assists playing as an AMCr. Salomonsson is still only 19 and is a real gem. Hopefully I can hold on to him despite all the interest being shown in him from bigger clubs.

I signed Sashi Chalwe in january and he's impressed in the centre of defence averaging at 7.29. Another pleasant surprise was Piotr Czaplinski, a 17-year-old keeper who I signed for 7k as a back up for Lomaia. But after Lomaia had a dodgy start to the season I gave Czaplinski a run in the first team and he made the position his own and was my first choice keeper for the second half of the season. He's improving rapidly and kept a stunning 11 clean sheets. A real gem!

Here are some screen shots from my season:

League table:

leaguepg7.th.png

Squad: (sorted by Av.R.)

squadpz3.th.png

Johnstone's Paint Trophy final:

finalcw5.th.png

Sorry I haven't posted an update but school i sin full effect and I don't have the internet at my new place. so here's what you've missed.

2nd season won league 1 on the last day on goal differential...**** you millwall!

transfers that season:

IN

Charles-Andres Doudin - free

Joris Delle - 4k metz

Fabio Ferreira - free

Michael Parensen - 1k emden

calin cristea - 50k unirea

Kily - free

Albin Ekdahl - 14k wigan

Preston Edwards - 20k millwall

Marc Ney - free Kaerjeng (youngster)

Alexandru Maxim - free (youngster)

Atli Egilsson - free (youngster)

Richard Filaret - free (youngster)

Alberto Prieto - free

Joop de Jong - free (youngster)

Jorge Rodriguez Garcia - free

David Jamet - free (youngster)

Sven Axwijk - free

OUT

Declan Rodgers - free AFC Wimbledon

Aaron Butcher - free AFC Wimbledon

Chris Whelpdale - 10k Accrington

Dean Keates - 8k Grimsby

Aaron Mclean - 10k Walsall

Charlie Lee - 4k Oldham

Shane Blackett - 10k Exeter

Claude Gnakpa - 8k Cannes

Guy Branston - free

Danny Crow - free

James McKeown - 1k Aldershot

Patrick Lassine - 35k Plymouth

Craig Morgan - 150k Plymouth

Shwan Jalal - 12k Leyton Orient

About to start my first ccc campaign with the posh.

Summer transfers in:

Jurgen Kurbjuweit - free (youngster)

Gaetano Grieco - free Napoli

Andrea Venerucci - free Virtus (youngster)

Daniel Ferron - free Grevenmacher (youngster)

Ali Al-Habsi - free Bolton

Holger Baron - free (youngster)

Fabio Faria - 130k Rio Ave

David De Gea - loan Athletico Madrid (my parent club...even though I didnt ask for one)

Gao Lin - 500k Shenhua

Alex Pearce - 400k Reading

Summer Outs:

Sam Gauhgran - free

Darren Gourlay - free

Billy Cook - free

Sean White - free

Giorgi Lomaia - free Brentford (wouldn't sign a new contract...pted t odrop down divisions icon_eek.gif)

Matteo Valli - free

Micah Hyde - free

Darren Ferguson - free

Octavio Maginnis-Castro - free

Kily - 150k Swansea

Current Squad:

GK: Al-Habsi/De Gea/Edwards/Delle

DR: Bockhorni/Axwijk

DL: Cristea/Bockhorni

DC: Barengrub/Omari Alaoui/Sabic

DC: Pearce/Faria

MR: Vergnes/Mackhail-Smith

ML: Demiri/Parensen/Ferreira

MC: Kalenga/Parensen

MC: Ekdahl/Boyd/Mbala Mbuta

SC: Doudin/Sburlea

SC: Parks/Gao Lin/Grieco

Omari Alaoui wants to leave as he has been attracting interest from the likes of Sunderland, Reading, and Leicster but no one will pay my valuation - 1.5mill I'm a greedy bastard!

Accepted a 200k offer from Crystal Palace for Bockhorni

Barengrub is wanted by the likes of Watford, Ipswich, Coventry however none will pay my valuation - 1.5mill

Sabic is wanted by Reading, West Brom, Watford, and Southampton - will not sell him yet (also want 1.5 mill...see a trend here?)

Cristea is starting to attract attention from ccc teams and from spain

Ferreira is wanted by birmingham

Sburlea asked to leave at the end of last season only to retract it 2 weeks later - lots of interest in this guy

My goal this season is to just stay up, think I can manage it but will definitely need a new left back as I expect bockhorni to go and will need cover when Cristea is on international duty and such.

A few weeks into the transfer window and I managed to sell half of my reserve squad to free up some money on the wage budget to spent on transfers.

I blew most of it on Aquino, a very talented Spanish winger from Murcia. I also signed Darby on loan from Liverpool and got Cristea for 35k. Last but not least I signed Corradini from Parma for 9k.

This is my squad:

GK: Czaplinski, Lomaia, Corradini

DR: Darby, Westwood

DL: Cristea, Jamie Day

DC: Chalwe, Sabic, Morgan

MC: Soley, Zola, Sander Puri

AMC: Eino Puri, Boyd

AML: Aquino, Demiri

AMR: Salomonssen, Chipciu

ST: Doudin, Musasa, Lyons

I still need some cover at the back and in central midfield. I'm currently looking through the reserve teams of the Premiership clubs to see if I can find some good loan deals.

Any suggestions?

bockhorni went to crystal palace as expected

sold luke abraham to histon (my feeder) for 3k and Mackail-Smith to Luton for 85k

signed right before the close of the window:

Damien Da Silva - DRC 425k from Chamois Niortais

Sandro Koch (youngster) - wbl 14k from Zurich

Kristian Kovacs - DC free from MTK

Jake Thomson - MC 170k from Southampton

Michael Mifsud - ST 300k from Scunthorpe

Rasmus Christiansen - DLC free from Lyngby

played 30 games and am sitting in 5th 8pts above 6th - crystal palace and 6pts below 4th - fulham

mifsud has been a revelation 20goals in 21(6) apps 6 assists 5 man of the matches

KEY PLAYERS:

Alo Barengrub

Winston Parks

Mustapha Omari Alaoui

Muhammed Demiri

Sabrin Sburlea

Michael Mifsud

After some encouraging pre-season friendlies (including a 5-0 win against Leicester and a 4-0 win against Southend, both from the Championship) I'm ready to start my first season in League 1 after promotion.

I think I've done fairly well in the transfer market, getting rid of virtually the entire reserve team to free up money on the wage budget and brining in lots of potential and a few improvements to the starting 11.

IN:

Aquino - 1M

Fábio Faria - 220k

Calin Cristea - 35k

Eros Corradini - 9k

Damien Le Tallec - Free

Fabio Ferreira - Free

Steve McGrath - Free

Stephen Darby - Loan

Sam Hutchinson - Loan

Michael Woods - Loan

Fábio - Loan

The only setback has been that I tried to renew Kabamba Musasa's contract but his work permit was turned down. He was my first choice striker in my first season but now it looks like he will now be able to leave on a free in 11 months and there's nothing I can do about it. icon_frown.gif

after 3 glorious seasons at the helm of the posh man utd came calling and I jumped ship. needless to say I am no longer on the peterboro list of favored personel..oh well it was a good ride. managed to finish 5th in the CCC, scored some good goals - although now the new boss has sold all of the best players...eh well regime changes

I'm ready to start my third season in charge of the Posh. After two consecutive promotions, I'm ready to take on the Championship.

Last season was a huge success for my team. We won the Jonhstone's Paint Trophy for the second year running and won League 1 with six games remaining of the season. We also made it to the fifth round of the FA Cup where we lost 3-1 to Arsenal at their place, which I thought was a good result.

I was a little disappointed to find that my reputation doesn't seem to have gone up with the promotion to the Championship. I've really struggled to bring in improvements to the team and even players who were interested when I was in League 1 no longer have any intentions of joining me. Very frustrating.

I've sold a couple of key players for huge money (compared to what I got for them) and trimmed the wage bill. I also lost Kabamba Musasa on a free because he couldn't get a work permit for his contract extension.

These are my transfers:

IN:

Tales - 3.6M (very, very promising Brazilian AMC)

Sabrin Sburlea - Free

Jose Baxter - Loan

Miki Roqué - Loan

Tamas Kadar - Loan

Stephen Darby - Loan

OUT:

Sashi Chalwe - 1M (bought him for 4k!!)

Muhamed Demiri - 120k (bought him for 3k)

Mark Tyler - 4k

Kabamba Musasa - Free

Danny Blanchett - Free

+ a bunch of youngsters were released

So as you can see, I haven't made that many improvements to the team. I simply haven't been able to attract players who were better than what I already have, so I've decided to save the money for january and give the players who won League 1 in spectacular fashion a crack at the Championship.

Boyd and Czaplinski are both after moves to bigger clubs, but no one has come in for them yet.

I've spent a good amount of money giving my training regime a huge overhaul. I now have 5-6 star training in most categories, which should help improve the potential I have in the squad.

TEAM:

squadzs5.th.png

Just knocked Blackburn out of the League Cup by winning 3-2 in extra time at their place! Probably my best result with the Posh in three seasons.

Damien Le Tallec came on for an injured Sburlea to score the equalizer in the 90th minute before heading in the winner in the 114th minute.

GET IT!

Just knocked Reading out of the League Cup and now suddenly find myself into the quarter finals! There are three other Championship teams still left in the competition so with a bit of luck in the draws I could find myself going to Wembley in the near future (where I'll probably get hammered 7-0 by Chelsea icon_wink.gif)!

Just started a new game with peterborough, thought id go for a challenge. All i have done is got rid off all my back room staff and brought in all new scouts, coaches, physios and assistant.

Now any one willing to let on ny good tactics home and away and what players will do well and good signings for peterborough.

Archived