[FM10] Border Hopping

XXXtreme

Fm Version: 10.3

Database - Custom with current international players from all continents, players from top clubs on each continent and players from top clubs loaded from all individual countries in Europe and select countries in other, FuryG African Expansion and Japanese player database.

Leagues Loaded

Argentina (Nacional B)

Australia (A-League)

England (Blue Square regional)

France (DSR)*

Germany (Oberliga)*

Italy (Serie C2)

Japan (J2)*

Mexico (Liga De Asceno)

Netherlands (Eerste Klasse)*

Portugal (2 Divisao)

Russia (Pervj Division)

Scotland (Conference)*

South Africa (NFD)

South Korea (National League)

Spain (Segunda Division Regional)

USA (MLS)

* - Use of league expansion .xml/dbc

Player count - 95000

Downsized a bit from my last journeyman attempt and runs a lot more efficiently. Rather than the usual method of starting unemployed I have chosen a team but set the condition that I can only choose a team that currently has no manager.

Season         Team      	   League      	Position   	Achievements & Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10       UD Marbella         2B4   	2nd             Knocked out Second phase playoff first round and Copa Del Rey 4th Round
2010/11       UD Marbella         2B4           7th             Knocked out in Copa Del Rey Second Round

Year (s)      Nation                           Achievments
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010-       Serbia U21's

Key Links

Season Summary 09/10

International Summary 2010

World Cup 2010

2009/2010 Roll On Honour

After searching through the lower leagues for a good bit I opted to go for

mal_Marbella_UD1.gif

Background

Unión Deportiva Marbella is a Spanish football team based in Marbella, in the autonomous community of Andalusia. Founded in 1997, it currently plays in 3ª - Group 9, holding home matches at Estadio Municipal de Marbella, with a capacity of 9,000 seats.

Unión Deportiva Marbella was founded in 1997 immediately after the defunction of Club Atlético Marbella, which was born 38 years before, and was owned by Jesús Gil, also the chairman of Atlético de Madrid.

In September 2007, four years after the club reached Segunda División B for the first time, the club was taken over by leading businessmen Ian Radford & Wayne Elliott of the HI Group, an international sports, leisure, property and travel company.

Club denominations

* Atlético Marbella – (1947-97)

* UD Marbella – (1997-)

udmarbella.png

udmarbella2.png

udmarbella3.png

Additionally I have an active "B" team who play in the Divisiones Regionales De Futbol (level 5 which is two steps below me)

===========================================

The board expect a mid-table finish but I feel with the kind wage budget of 13.25k I can maybe push for promotion.

I'm already into September so pre-season update to follow.

Pre-Season 09-10

Upon getting the job the first thing I done was overhaul the staff as they were mostly of a poor quality. I kept my assman though for once as he had solid stats for this level (Judging's both 15, Tactical Knowledge 8 and Man Management 13). I had room for 6 coaches and 6 scouts and used this this to the full bringing in some solid staff including a 16/17 JA/JP scout and also Robert Prosencki as a coach.

After filing through staff I moved onto my squad. I released the entire u19 team as none of them had much potential and the freed up money would increase my wage budget. I also released the poorer members of my first team and also managed to sell a few off including a striker for 60k. Also the Segunda division B allows for a maximum of 22 registered players with 6 being under 23) so getting rid of the dead wood was key.

I sent my scouts out across Europe in order to find players to fill my squad and also scoured the national teams of lower ranked nations. Come the end of the transfer window I had brought in 12 players and got rid of upwards of 40 players.

transfersa.jpg

the players brought in were as follows

Ezechiel Ndouassel - 21 Chadian striker*

Cedric Mensah - 20 year old Togolese goalkeeper

Michal Dolinajec - 17 year old Slovakian midfielder*

Arassen Ragaven - 22 Mauritian central Midfielder*

Jose Ignacio Zahinos - 31 year old Spainish Defensive midfielder

Mario Silva - 32 Year old Portuguese left back

Alex - 32 year old Venezuelan centre back*

Jorge Azkotia - 35 year old Spainish central midfielder

Paulo Sergio - 33 year old Portuguese right winger

Ignas Dedura - 27 Year Old Lithuanian centre back

Tiago Rannow - 27 year old Brazilian right back

Oliver Nicholas - 17 year old Eritrean centre back*

*- currently in international squad at any level

===============================

Friendlies

friendlies.jpg

I would of preferred to go through with 6 out of 6 wins but considering I overhauled the team big time going through undefeated was a success considering the gelling process that needed to happen.

As For my tactical approach I've opted for a 4-5-1

udmarbella4.png

GK - Goalkeeper (defend)

CB - Central Defender (defend)

CB - Central Defender (defend)

LB - Full Back (auto)

RB - Full Back (auto)

DMC - Anchorman (defend)

MC - Ball Winning Midfielder (support)

MC - Deep Lying Playermaker (support)

AML - Winger (attack)

AMR - Winger (attack)

CF - Complete Forward (attack)

The Story So Far (to October 12th 09)

Copa Del Rey First Round 26/8/09

Marbella 1p - 1 San Roque

Segunda Divison B4 29/8/09

Aguillas 0 - 1 Marbella

Copa Del Rey Second Round 2/9/09

Ceuta 0 - 1 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 5/9/09

Marbella 2 - 1 Sevilla Athletico

Segunda Division B4 9/9/09

Roquetas 1 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 13/9/09

Marbella 2 - 0 Mellia

Segunda Division B4 19/9/09

Ceuta 1 - 2 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 26/9/09

Marbella 0 - 0 Real Jaen

Segunda Division B4 4/10/09

Marbella 1 - 1 Sangonera

Copa Del Rey 3rd Round 7/10/09

Marbella 2 - 1 Conquense

Segunda Divsion B4 12/10/09

Jerez Industrial 0 - 0 Marbella

segundadivisinbgrupo4.png

So far so good. Currently on a six game unbeaten streak in all competitions. The minimum expectation for the Copa Del Rey set was the second round but I've exceeded that by far and made it to the 4th round where the big guns enter. In the 4th round I find myself up against Athletico Bilbao. Really hoping with a more defensive approach I can cause an upset.

Apologies for the lack of update but I've been unable to play FM recently due to an issue with my internet connection.

==============================================================================

2nd Half Of October 09

Segunda Division B4 18/10/09

Marbella 2 - 0 Poli Ejido

Segunda Divison B4 25/10/09

Granda CF 0 - 1 Marbella

Copa Del Rey 4th Round First Leg 28/10/09

Marbella 0 - 2 Athletico Bilbao

All in all a good month. Only downside was injury to my left back Mario Silva who is out for 4 months. Having no natural LB backup I've been forced to play 1st choice centre back Dedura and bring in one of my backups to fill the gap. Pleased despite the loss the Blibao as my players gave a good account and I done a lot better than other lower league teams.

November 09

Segunda Divsion B4 1/11/09

Marbella 1 - 0 Atheltico Ciudad

Segunda Division B4 7/11/09

Betis "B" 1 - 2 Marbella

Copa Del Rey Round 4 2nd Leg 10/11/09

Atheltico Bibao 2 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 15/11/09

Marbella 3 - 0 Moratalla

Segunda Divison B4 20/11/09

Carvaca 1 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 29/11/09

Marbella 1 - 0 San Roque

Another solid month but the away defeat to Carvaca was a let down as it ended an elven game unbeaten run in the league. A. A plus was Ndouassel ending his near 11 hour goal drought. Hopefully this can be the start of something good. Also pleased with the Copa Del Rey run and the manner in which we went out. Least I never ended up like these poor guys

sevillavreus.png

December 09

Segunda Division B4 6/12/09

Lucena 0 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 13/12/09

Marbella 3 - 0 Murcia Imperial

Segunda Division B4 19/12/09

Marbella 2 - 1 Ecija

Another decent month although the draw to was a letdown. Also some moves off of the pitch. Opted to give Ndouassel a leave of absence in order to try and get his confidence back he was not only homesick but also feeling media pressure. Hopefully time back at home will allow him to improve on his poor 2 goal return in the league.

Also made some moves in the transfer markets. I got rid of 4 of my backup players as they were on wages that were too high in relation to their ability:

Carlos Arias - CB

Nico Chiettino - DMC

Ibon Diez - RB

Marco Suarez - CB

I've already got two players added in the form of Lukas Dosek (31 year old Czech RB) and Rachid El Hammouchi (28 year old LB)

In January I'll continue filling the gaps until I have a full 22 man squad. It's my style to ensure I have a natural backup and first choice for all positions e.g 2 left backs, 2 right backs, 4 central defenders and so on.

January 10

Segunda Division B4 3/1/10

Estepona 1 - 1 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 10/1/09

Marbella 1 - 0 Roquetas

Segunda Division B4 16/1/10

Sevilla Athletico 1 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 23/1/10

Marbella 3 - 1 Aguillas

Segunda Division B4 31/1/10

Mellia 0 - 0 Marbella

My poorest month to date and I've finally dropped from the perch at the top a place I had been since October. I'm further anxious as Granada are tearing it up atm. The only positive from the month is my left back Mario Silva is finally back to fitness.

In terms of transfer movement David Pino is on his way to Girona come June which is a bit gutting as he's been solid down the left along with his backup Adrian. Further new blood was brought in the form of 27 year of Swiss defender Daneil Sereinig and 18 year old French central midfielder Floris Isola, picked up for 1.5k from Lecce.

February 10

Segunda Divison B4 7/2/10

Marbella 0 - 0 Ceuta

Segunda Division B4 14/2/10

Real Jaen 0 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 20/2/10

Sangonera 1 - 2 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 28/2/10

Marbella 0 - 1 Jerez Industrial

segundadivisinbgrupo4k.png

Another frustrating month with only one win which has allowed Granada to extend their league at the top and they look unstoppable. Particularly frustrating was the loss in Jerez who were down to 10 men and also threatened with relegation.

March 2010

Segunda Division B4 6/3/10

Poli Ejido 1 - 1 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 14/3/10

Marbella 1 - 1 Granada CF

Segunda Division B4 21/3/10

Athletico Ciudad 1 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 28/3/10

Moratalla 1 - 1 Marbella

segundadivisinbgrupo4c.png

Another poor month. I don't know what has happened to my team. Someone must have put something in the water supply or something. Granada look unstoppable so I'm resigned to being in the top 4, which I'm currently holding onto by the skin o' my teeth. I need a solid month in April to ensure I remain in the playoffs. Also another loss to a team with 10 team has me truely baffled. One positive is I managed to hold Granada who I also beat in the first set of fixtures so that's something at least (I really am pulling at straws haha)

April 2010

Segunda Division B4 4/4/10

Marbella 2 - 0 Caravaca

Segunda Division B4 11/4/10

Marbella 2 - 0 Betis "B"

Segunda Division B4 14/4/20

San Roque 0 - 3 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 18/4/10

Marbella 0 - 0 Lucena

Segunda Division B4 24/4/10

Ecija 0 - 0 Marbella

A big improvement on last month. I think I can say my playoff place is secured. Ndouassel has also finally found some form and the net which is a huge plus. As the table shows the title is now out of reach which Granada deserve as up to now they are on 26 unbeaten run (yours truelly was the last to beat them :cool:) and they have some awesome youngsters from Udinese so I can live with second best as I've performed about the predicted top half at best)

May 2010

Segunda Division B4 2/5/10

Marbella 0 - 0 Estepona

Segunda Division B4 9/5/19

Murcia Imperial 1 - 2 Marbella

segundadivisinbgrupo42.png

Wasn't too bothered with results thus I gave some of my squad players a run out.

Segunda Division Playoffs

Segunda Division Second Phase 1st Round 1st Leg 16/5/10

Alcoyano 0 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division Second Phase 1st Round 2nd Leg 23/5/10

Marbella 2 - 2a Alcoyano

So close. So close. Natrually I'm gutted at not clinching promotion but none the less I've performed about all expectations as top half at best was predicted at the season's start. Also of note Granada were finally beaten, in the play offs after a right thumping.

Season Review

League Finish

segundadivisinbgrupo42.png

Far exceeded the mid table finish predicted. Only thing that stopped me from winning was the sheer awesome form of Granda who went on a 36 match unbeaten run thus being unstoppable. Knocked out in the first set of playoff round's which was gutting but I feel next time we can go further.

Cup

udmarbella.png

Proud of the team getting so far and giving a good fight against the big guns of Athletico Bilbao who went on the finish runner ups so no shame.

Finances

udmarbella2.png

This is worrying. It would have been alot worse if not for a 140k investment by the board at the end of the season. The problem has been in terms of crowd around 2000 and we're using a 9000 capacity stadium so that maths doesn't add up. I was admitedly over the wage budget by about £800 but think the impact of that on the situation is not all that big. Hopefully thing's improve.

Players

Goalkeepers

Avila - Peformed well all season with several clean sheet records of good length. Will keep him around as he still has a few more years in him imo.

Cedric Mensah - Solid backup and rose to it when called upon. If I can next season will try and give him some more game time to aid development.

Defenders

Ignas Dedura - Class for me throughout the season. Formed a solid partnership with Alex which saw us concede just the 17 goals. Also done well when I had draft him into left back for a few months with Silva being out[

Oliver Nicholas - Played in my "B" team and has been developing well. Will do the same next time round and where I can if possible give him some first team action

Alex - His partnership with Dedura was immense and he performed beyond what I expected of a player in his twilight. Will still keep him around as I feel he has at least another season in him

Daniel Sereinig - Brought in January and he done well when called upon. Initially brought him in on a 6 month deal but opted to extended due to his good performances. Next season will more than likely rotate him with the ageing Alex

Lukas Dosek - brought in as backup for Tiago Rannow. Didn't get much gametime but from what I've seen he looks a solid backup

Tiago Rannow - Absolutely immense simply put. One of my best players of the season imo.

Mario Silva - Excelled despite his aging years. Still has another season or two in him imo. Only damper on his season was his 3 month injury spell

El Hammouchii - Brought in as direct backup to Silva. Done well for me and looks a class backup

Midfielders

Floris Isola - Bought in January as backup/one for the future. Was called upon towards the end of the season due to injury to Azikota and the youngster done well. Looks a good prospect for such a low fee (1.5k)

Zahinos - Solid in his anchorman role in the midfield. Another part of the reason I conceded so few goals. Will keep him around as I think he still has another top season in him.

Michal Dolinajec - Used in my "B" team and he's been developing steadily enough for me to keep him around another season

Arassen Ragaven - Done much better than I thought he would tbh. Contributed alot to the attack from his deep lying playmaker role.

Jorge Azkoita - Superb despite his advancing years. At times he ran the midfield show. I'm going to let him go as I think he doesn't have another season in him.

Carlos Rivera - Used mostly as backup and done what he had to do with no fuss. Letting him go once his contract expires due to his advancing years and also I feel I can better for around the same wages

Jose - Saw little gametime but I'm keeping him around as I feel he has a future of sorts and is value wage wise

Paulo Sergio - Who says old guys can't run? Utter class all season and ended as top goalscorer, without him I don't know where I'd of ended up due to my misfiring strikers.

Christian - Good backup and he's a club icon so no harm in keeping him around.

Adrian - Played in rotation with Pino and done well enough to merit another season and he's still devloping. With Pino on his way out he could have his chance to shine fully.

David Pino - Slighty better than Adrian all season and gave alot to the team with his deadly passing/crossing. Sadly on his way to Girona despite my best efforts to keep him.

Strikers

Ezchiel Ndouassel - Talk about an enigma. At times he was amazing others dross. He performed better than his 8 goals suggest and he gave alot to the team effort. Hit a good run of form at the tailend of the season so I fell his problems of settling in the area are gone and he can excel next time round. Bigger teams are sniffing at him and he's asked to be transfer listed. I'm going to fight to keep him.

Santi Moreno Good backup if anything else. However he's on his way out as his wages are not a reflection of his ability.

Good first season XXXtreme . What's your long-term plan? Take Marbella to the top or build up your rep and move on?

I'm going to stick it out another season. I think I can win the thing this time as Granada won't have the small army of players on loan from Udinese. I also pray the financial situation picks up or I may be forced to sell my best players. I've already taken the next step and moved into international movement with the Serbian under 21's

Pre Season 2010/2011

NB: Player transfer value is free unless stated.

Transfers

Out

Ezcheil Ndouassel - (170k to AC Ancona) Decided to sell him as it was clear he didn't want to stick around and the money I made from the sale has allowed me to up my wage budget. Tragic really as he had so much potential. Will be keeping one eye on how how he does over in Italy.

In

Simone Grippo - DMC

Christoph Kropfl - MC

Daniel Sikorkski - St

Dieter Elsneg - AML

Juan Hernandez - ST/AMR (Loan)

Antonio Abenza - DC (Loan)

Quini - ST (loan)

Friendlies

Marbella 1 - 3 Racing

Portmany 0 - 0 Marbella

Arguinegun 0 - 2 Marbella

Andalucia 0 - 0 Marbella

Ceunca 0 - 0 Marbella

Marbella 1 - 5 Sporting

Dismal to say the least. Pray tell this is not a reflection to come otherwise I ain't lasting long. Also opted for a new tactic

udmarbella.png

Close to last season however I have moved Alex to play as a sweeper (natural in the role) and also changed my striker to a poacher to bring the best out of Sikorski

August/September 2010

Segunda Division B4 28/8/10

Marbella 0 - 0 Melilla

Copa Del Rey 2nd Round 19/10

Marbella 0 - 2 Alcoyano

Segunda Division B4 5/9/10

Sangonera 0 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 8/9/10

Marbella 3 - 0 Antequera

Segunda Division B4 11/9/10

Lorca 0 - 3 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 18/0/10

Marbella 2 - 1 Granada CF

Segunda Division B4 26/9/10

Lucena 1 - 1 Marbella

Like a total n00b I forgot to screenshot the league table :$

A Slower start than last time round but a decent start. Christian also has been beyond surprising having ousted the ever reliable Paulo Sergio from the team and has shown he deserves it with 3 goals. Gutted to go out of the cup at the first hurdle but what the hey can't win them all.

October 2010

Segunda Division B4 2/10/10

Marbella 0 - 1 Universidad LP

Segunda Division B4 17/10/10

Marbella 0 - 0 Vecindario

Segunda Division B4 20/10/10

Caravaca 0 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 24/10/10

Castillo 2 - 1 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 30/10/10

Marbella 2 - 2 Real Jaen

Such a poor month. Currently on a 6 game winless streak. Two of my defeats came against teams just promoted albeit Univerisidad are flying high at the up despite just coming up. I've taken a look at my players and decided in a tactical change in order to have goals coming from my forwards. I began a bit of setting up it up by changing my striker to a deep lying playmaker and it worked with Quini getting two goals. With further tweaking and getting the best out of players I hope I can improve.

November 2010

Segunda Division B47/11/10

Jerez 1 - 2 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 14/11/10

Cadiz "B" 0 - 1 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 21/11/10

Marbella 0 - 0 Roquetas

Segunda Division B4 28/11/10

Estepona 2 - 1 Marbella

Better than last Month but still lacking. I've also as mentioned in last month's post opted for a new tactic and it appears to working to some degree and I've been bringing in changes in slowly. What I've done is changed my forward to a deep lying forward due to Sikorski having good team attributes so with that role I can get him to link well with my wingers who I've set to move into space. Both my wingers can score I know as Christian down the right is my leading scorer and Elsnig is a accomplished forward so he has the pedigree to score.

To make things worse both Alex and Sikorski are out with lengthy injuries. Off the pitch alot is being made of the financial situation by the press so I'm starting to get worried. Hopefully I can get it sorted sooner than later.

December 2010

Segunda Division B4 5/12/10

Marbella 3 - 2 Sevilla Athletico

Segunda Division B4 12/12/10

Ecija 0 - 1 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 19/12/10

Aguillas 2 - 0 Marbella

2 out 3 isn't the end of the world but like I wasn't struggling enough I've now lost a further 4 players to injury and with the squad limit of 22 I'm down to bare bones.

Off the pitch I found a novel solution to my wage budget by.... offering new contracts!?

It appears that the computer ai allows for players to recognize the financial situation thus players were willing to take a wage cut with Alex accepting one at a huge £500. So with that my wage budget is now £900 under but whether it'll help I don't know as from looking at the finances simply put the club isn't bringing in enough money.

On a downside though Tiago Rannow, one of my best most consistent players has handed in a transfer request, I dully rejected.

Forgot to put this in earlier like a right idiot

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

2009/2010 Roll Of Honor

World Club Cup Barcelona

Europe

Champions League Juventus

Europa League Lyon

North America

Champions League Cruz Azul

South America

Copa Sudamericana Fluminense

Asia

Champions League Gamba Oska

AFC Cup Dhofar

Presidents Cup WAPDA

Africa

Champions League Ismaily

Confed Cup Sundowns

Argentina

Cablevision Primera River Plate

Australia

Hyundai A-League Brisbane Roar

England

Barclays Premier League Chelsea

FA Cup Everton

League Cup Machester United

Espana

La Liga Real Madrid

Copa Del Rey Barcelona

France

Ligue 1 Toulouse

Coupe De France As Monaco

Coupe De Ligue Marseille

Germany

Bundesliga VFL Wolsfsburg

DFB Pokal Leverkusen

Italy

Serie A Inter Milan

Coppa De Italia As Roma

Japan

J.League Antlers

Emperors Cup Vissel

Mexico

Primera Mexicna Atlas

Netherlands

Erdivise Ajax

KNVB Bederl NAC Breda

Portugal

Liga Sagres Porto

Taca De Portugal Braga

Russia

Prem'er League CSKA Moscow

Kubok Rossii Zenit St. Petersburg

South Africa

ABSA Premiership Kaizer Chiefs

Scotland

SPL1 Celtic

Scottish Cup Celtic

South Korea

K-League Suwon

KFA Cup Chunnam

USA

MLS Chicago Fire

Lemar Hunt Open Cup Houston Dynamo

2010 International Summary

127px-FSS.svg.png

Serbia U21's

I took the job in August and to date I have played four games

Friendly 10/8/10

San Marino U21's 1 - 3 Serbia U21's

U21 European Championship Qualifiers

Austria U21's 1 - 2 Serbia U21's

uefaunder21championship.png

Friendly 8/10/10

Slovenia u21's 0 - 1 Serbia U21's

Friendly 12/10/10

Serbia u21's 3 - 0 Northern Ireland u21's

Good start. Sadly just missed out on the playoff's but I kept up my end of the bargain but clearly it wasn't enough.

Looking to 2011 the draw has been done for the 2013 European championships has been done and my group is as follows

In terms of longevity of this job it's all pendant on other jobs. Not that the squad is bad, far from it but I'd be looking to manage at a smaller nation and take them up the way.

January 2011

Segunda Division B4 1/1/11

Marbella 0 - 1 Poli Ejido

Segunda Division B4 8/1/11

Antequera 0 - 3 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 16/1/11

Marbella 2 - 1 Sangonera

Segunda Division B4[ 22/1/11

Mellia 1 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 30/1/11

Marbella 1 - 0 Lorca

Closer to the playoffs than I have been in a while. Nice month overall.

In terms of transfer movement not much to report. I've opted to sign on loan Quini on a permanent deal as he's been brilliant and been banging in the goals since filling in for the injured Sikorski. Also picked up a youngster from Real Union called David who looks like one for the future.

February/March 2011

Segunda Division B4 6/2/11

Granada CF 2 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 13/2/11

Universidad LP 0 - 1 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 20/2/11

Marbella 2 - 0 Lucena

Segunda Division B4 27/2/11

Marbella 2 - 0 Caravaca

Segunda Division B4 5/3/11

Vecindario 1 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 13/3/11

Marbella 1 - 1 Castillo

Segunda Division B4 20/3/11

Real Jaen 1 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 27/3/11

Marbella 5 - 0 Cadiz "B"

After all that I'm no closer to the playoffs than I was, still the 7 points in it. Could of done with some better results namely against Castillo and Jaen who I had a numerical advantage against. Some pleasing results though such as victory against high flying Universidad and a trouncing of bottom club Cadiz "B". Next month I need to go all out. I may drop one of my midfielders and opt to play two strikers in order to get to those playoff's.

Also had two international's also

Friendly 8/2/11

Serbia U21's 1 - CAR U21's 0

Friendly 25/3/11

Estonia U21's 1 - 0 Serbia U21's

Two poor results. Should have been beating both comfortably. I'm also slowly losing players to age but there are still a good number in the national pool (including dual nationals) but some are pretty poor tbh.

April/May 2011

Segunda Division B4 3/4/11

Roquetas 1 - 2 Marbelal

Segunda Division B4 10/4/11

Marbella 1 - 0 Jerez Industrial

Segunda Division B4 13/4/11

Marbella 1 - 1 Estepona

Segunda Division B4 16/4/11

Sevilla Athletico 0 - 0 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 23/4/11

Marbella 2 - 1 Aguillas

Segunda Division B4 1/5/11

Poli Ejido 1 - 1 Marbella

Segunda Division B4 8/5/11

Marbella 2 - 1 Ecija

So close. The lads gave it their all and I threw everything at it (played a 4-2-4) and still came up short. To put into context how close it was. If I had converted just one of my draw's into a victory I would have made it into the playoffs. I wasn't helped by the fact Siokorski missed a few games through injury again (defences seem to bite his ankles non-stop). I may not have replicated last season but I'm proud of my group of players which resembles the UN in terms of diversity.

Season Review 10/11

Competitions

Segunda Divsion B4

Gutted I couldn't replicate last season at the last. I had a few more issues this time namely the off the trouble problems and the fact I was dealing with more injuries than before. None the less the board and fans are satisfied with the performance

Copa Del Rey

marbellavalcoyano.png

Out at the end of the first game. Disappointing I couldn't equal the 4th round of the season before

Finances

udmarbella.png

Improved but still making losses. The cost cutting on the wage bill by offering players new contracts at cut wages helped. Again like last time the team is not drawing the crowds.

Players

Goalkeepers

Cedric Mensah - Another good season from the young keeper. He's developing well and teams are sniffing at him and he's also broke into the international team.

Avilla - Solid outing from the veteran. It's great to have such competition for the number one jersey. Can see him ending his days with the club he's served well for many years.

Defenders

El Hammouchi - Forced his way into the left back posistion ahead of Silva due to good performance when covering for Silva whilst he was out

Lukas Dosek - Played second fiddle to Rannow all season but done well when called upon.

Abenza - Rarely featured as he was brought in as backup. Decent when used though.

Oliver Nicholas - Youngster developed well again and could play a part in the senior team next time out

Daniel Sereinig - Class all season and ousted Dedura from the first team due to how good he was

Tiago Rannow - On top form all season long. Surely a contender for player of the year

Mario Silva - Ousted from the team by El Hammouchi he played second fiddle for most the season but still done a job when needed. Is retiring at the end of the season. Will all appreciate him for his contribution in 09/10

Alex - Would of played more but missed about 3 months due to injury. Was on the top of his game when playing.

Ignas Dedura - Ousted from the first team by Sereinig but despite that he was still good it's just that the Swissman was the better of the two.

Midfielders

Zahinos - Not As Prevelant as last time out but still done his job well.

Michael Dolinajec - Another season of steady development for the young midfielder.

Christoph Kropfl - Started off slow but eventually he got his game going and done a good job of control my midfield

Jose - Featured more this time and showed he is a player who has role to play at the club. However discipline seems to be a problem as he picked up 4 yellows despite just 10 starts.

Arassen Ragaven - Another great season for him. Contributed hugely to the team with his passing which was exceptional

Flores Isola - The youngster has progressed well and I can see him stepping up in terms of importance in the seasons to follow

Simone Grippo - A good first season from the Swissair who held the midfield well which helped my team when they needed to attack.

Christian - Backup last time this time a mainstay. Utterly immense and took me by real surprise. Was a machine going forward and he linked up very will with the front men.

Juan Hernandez - The promising youngster started slow but he made a great impact player and was able to change games whether in be in attack or down the wings. I can see big things for him and will be following how he develops with interest.

Paulo Sergio - Quiet season from the veteran but still stepped up when needed. Like Silva he is retiring. I will be forever grateful to him for his exploits last season where at times he carried the attack through games

Dieter Elsneg - Good first season. Slow to start but once I allowed him to move into space he really picked up and contributed a decent goal return

Adrian - Played second fiddle all season long but done a good job when I needed him

Strikers

Daneil Siokorski - First season was held back by a series of injuries. Started slow but with a change of tactics he picked up and linked well with my midfield. If he can stay injury free he can do even more next time

Quini - I had second thoughts about signing him. Thank christ I never. So damn good all season long ending up as top scorer. Is moving to the club on a permanent basis in the summer and with him and Siokorski at their best defences should be afraid. The best thing is he was only signed as a backup but injury to Siokorski allowed him to shine.

Archived