I think half the battle with Rooney is quite simply to motivate him and get him fired up, to do this check his mental stats and personality for a few clues and I think he's determined and has quite high determination obviously so play on that, make him work hard by expecting performances and get the hairdryer out if he isn't playing well, that has been the most important thing to keep Rooney motivated on my Manchester United save.

Playing as England manager in FM10. 4-4-2 with Rooney and Crouch/Agbonlahor or Defoe up front. Having real problem getting Rooney to play and score. How are others playing him?

I also can't make him play well, tried all sort of positions and tactics. Can anyone give a few quality instructions for this type of players (DLF, TM)?

Thanks

I think half the battle with Rooney is quite simply to motivate him and get him fired up, to do this check his mental stats and personality for a few clues and I think he's determined and has quite high determination obviously so play on that, make him work hard by expecting performances and get the hairdryer out if he isn't playing well, that has been the most important thing to keep Rooney motivated on my Manchester United save.

I figured out that we can make a strict formula connecting team talk and player personality. I once saw a thread that explained player personality in numbers, so can you put a link to it, if someone remembers it, and I 'll come with a formula.

P.S. Ifound it using search

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=16356&highlight=players+personality+guide

I'll try to make some logic out of it when I catch some time.

NEVER play a 442 especially in international football and you should know that by now. I would suggest him playing as a lone striker is the best role for him, probably complete forward on support or attack depending on your whole setup, but I would suggest playing him on support. Another suggestion I would make is make him stop his tries long shots PPM to get the better of his shooting and also the best out of his team-mates.

Archived