My shop experience today!

I was in my local "Game" store today and whilst there a guy came in and was looking at the Football Manager 08 game (number 1 in the PC chart)

Anyway for one reason or another we got chatting and I pointed out to him that there was a bit of critism of the boxed game on the official forum and I advised him that if he bought the game he should go to the website and download the latest patch.

I also explained that there would be another patch out shortly that should fix more issues that owners had bought up.

Then he quesioned why it was the number 1 game in the store if it already needed two patches to make it OK ?!?!??!

Obviously couldn't answer him with any kind of authority so I suggested he came on here cause I was buggered if I knew.

Anyway thats it - thought I'd share it with you lovely people...........pointless thread over....

I was in my local "Game" store today and whilst there a guy came in and was looking at the Football Manager 08 game (number 1 in the PC chart)

Anyway for one reason or another we got chatting and I pointed out to him that there was a bit of critism of the boxed game on the official forum and I advised him that if he bought the game he should go to the website and download the latest patch.

I also explained that there would be another patch out shortly that should fix more issues that owners had bought up.

Then he quesioned why it was the number 1 game in the store if it already needed two patches to make it OK ?!?!??!

Obviously couldn't answer him with any kind of authority so I suggested he came on here cause I was buggered if I knew.

Anyway thats it - thought I'd share it with you lovely people...........pointless thread over....

It's number one for several reasons. Here's two.

1) People who walk into a store to buy it aren't yet aware of the bugs and issues. They will most likely become so as they begin to play it. Although it seems we experience different degrees of these issues.

2) It's the best management sim out there. And it's widely recognised as such, bugs or no bugs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2) It's the best management sim out there. And it's widely recognised as such, bugs or no bugs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. The Nintendo or the Sims brand names can sell anything, occasionally regardless of quality. Although after the Eidos-SI split a lot of people would buy CM5 just on the basis of the Championship Manager name, and may still do.

Tbh until i came on here i had never used a patch before, i knew what one was and knew i could get them i just never really seemed to notice any bugs. I've been playing since around CM2 iirc and never even noticed bugs in CM4icon_biggrin.gif. No doubt there was bugs but because i wasn't looking for them and had never heard about them at the time i just didn't spot them. I think there's far too many people on here who actually go through the game looking for things to post about. Don't really know why i posted but thought it sort of went with the topicicon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenskiSullivanovich:

IThen he quesioned why it was the number 1 game in the store if it already needed two patches to make it OK ?!?!??!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ask him why the sims games sell so well whent their obviuosly rubbish then icon_wink.gif

most games have around two patches anyway dont they?

UT3 has a patch out so he obviously doesn't know much about games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenskiSullivanovich:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, one of the reasons is that it is extremely hard to make such a sophisticated and quality game without many bugs.

Secondly, I admit that I was a little disappointed with FM08 at the beginning, but right now I am having the managerial time of my life! As soon as I learnt (through trial and error) to create space for my forwards (using arrows, swapping, forward runs, and holding up ball), the match engine suddenly turned into a masterpiece in front of my very eyes.

I am now a fanboy again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Korre:

Should Si ban you for taking away one "new" costumer?

Who are you working for? EA? EIDOS?

BAN HIIIM

:p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Farsley Celtic actually :-)

I was just sharing an experience folks, not looking for any answers or rubbishing the game.

Fanboys relax :-p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

I think that if SI released a blank disc it would still get to number 1 before anyone realised what it was.

Brand power counts for much.

And as has already been said, it is still the best management game available. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamianY2J:

None of that story happened. You just wanted to make that point to us yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, SS or it didn't happen icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamianY2J:

None of that story happened. You just wanted to make that point to us yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL they way people judge others based on they way they act themselves is quite funny.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

I think that if SI released a blank disc it would still get to number 1 before anyone realised what it was.

Brand power counts for much.

And as has already been said, it is still the best management game available. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't agree more at least one person could see the point of the thread, shows that not all the people on this forum are dimwits.

HAHA, I went to Central Plaza with 3 of my gang recently to visit our local game shop, and FM08 was side by side with the latest CM game. We all laughed about that.

What was really funny was that there was this goofy teenage kid who walked in and picked up a copy of CM! All of us gasped in shock. We all wanted to approach the poor boy and tell him what a big mistake he was making. But all of us were too cramped up giggling at one another, thinking what an idiot this kid was.

Thankfully and amazingly, the young and hot cashier gave the kid some advice and told the kid to buy FM instead. Teenage boys would listen to anything young hot women now a days. And so he bought FM.

We were all drowning in "shock and awe". Next thing you know it, Danny was already getting her Cell Phone number. Hahaha, sorry Danny boy, I just had to say it. LOL! Go FM!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saintjonny:

Maybe Worcester had a good team in FM06 and got them in stock but the rush to sell them never came...so now they are back for FM08 and thought - here check out our class of 06 and try match it in 08's version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or maybe they had alot of leftover Fm06 games and want to get rid of them? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> and FM08 was side by side with the latest CM game. We all laughed about that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, I dont get it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> But all of us were too cramped up giggling at one another, thinking what an idiot this kid was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really should get out more icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> and FM08 was side by side with the latest CM game. We all laughed about that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, I dont get it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> But all of us were too cramped up giggling at one another, thinking what an idiot this kid was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really should get out more icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it was just funny. Both games are just not comparable and we all know that. How could you place FM08 side by side with CM? Its hilarious and everyone in the shop agreed. There's no chance someone would pick up the CM Box.

But we were all wrong. Here comes a kid who DID pick it up. And at the spur of the moment, we just couldn't help but hold our laughs.

It was bizzar I tell you! And to have a pretty cashier tell the kid that FM was better? My oh my. Um, no offense to female FM gamers BTW. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived