Group B - Greece v Nigeria BBC1 3pm

Icondacarver

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yakubu was unlucky...good save from the keeper.

Obasi on the other hand....

You would think after all the exposure these African players have in europe, they would have some sort of tactical awareness and be disciplined. African team in imploding shocker :thdn:

weirdly nigeria still have a slightly better chance of going through than greece, imo

The winner of SK-Nigeria will go through - or SK if it's a draw. Unless Greece manage to draw or win against Argentina. No way :thup:

What did he say?

He was asked about him being affectionate with his players by some English journalist. Then obviously the translation wasn't perfect and he thought he asked him something else. Then he justified that he was straight by describing his wife

The diver had to be the MOM. It doesn't matter if he dived he earned the sent off of the opponent and he scored the winning goal.

Hahaha :D That's the spirit, screw Fair Play, winning is everything. SMH.

Actually in such tournaments winning is everything.

I don't think we'll agree on that tbh :)

I'll be glad to see the back of this lot after the next match though. At least it's more than likely :thup:

The player would have been sent off whether Torosidis overreacted or not.

Correct. Yet he caused the incident in the first place. Secondly, he didn't overreact, he faked. No contact. Big fat cheat.

Correct. Yet he caused the incident in the first place. Secondly, he didn't overreact, he faked. No contact. Big fat cheat.

Don't be an idiot, there was contact, but the player overreacted like any player on Earth would do.

If there is justice then it would be South Korea joining Argentina. If not then Nigeria should go through but Greece MUST go home as they are by far the worst team so far.

Come on, I don't get why people say things like this. Whoever gets first and second deserves to go through. If that's Argentina and South Korea, then Argentina and South Korea were the better teams. If that is Argentina and Greece, then it's because Argentina and Greece were the better teams.

I support Greece, but I'd put money on South Korea making it through, but this sort of "Greece must go home cause they are no good" is silly.

Come on, I don't get why people say things like this. Whoever gets first and second deserves to go through. If that's Argentina and South Korea, then Argentina and South Korea were the better teams. If that is Argentina and Greece, then it's because Argentina and Greece were the better teams.

I support Greece, but I'd put money on South Korea making it through, but this sort of "Greece must go home cause they are no good" is silly.

As much as i hate greece, i agree.

He did not make contact with him.

First of all, there was, but EVEN if there wasn't, it was still a red card for the intent, but it doesn't matter, because there was clearly contact (I'm watching it right now again on Sky Plus).

First of all, there was, but EVEN if there wasn't, it was still a red card for the intent, but it doesn't matter, because there was clearly contact (I'm watching it right now again on Sky Plus).

Why keep bringing up that it would have still been a red card if the Greek player had chosen not to disgrace himself? No one is disputing that.

Hopefully FIFA will fine him the same they did as Rivaldo, it lowers the game regardless if it wouldn't have impacted the call.

Watched it again on youtube, from three different angles. No contact visible. He kicks forward, only place where he could possibly have visibly touched the fakers leg would be on the side, which is not the direction in which his foot moves. Fake, all the way.

Little does it matter, so deny it if it makes you feel better. See you at the next tournament because you're out of this one.

DJ calm down man, get some fresh air, why so hateful? :D

Why keep bringing up that it would have still been a red card if the Greek player had chosen not to disgrace himself? No one is disputing that.

Hopefully FIFA will fine him the same they did as Rivaldo, it lowers the game regardless if it wouldn't have impacted the call.

I agree it was an overreaction, and if FIFA decide to punish him then fine, but I'm just saying it was a red.

Contact or no contact it doesnt matter, still a red card.

Where do you see the cheating DJ? Are you portuguise? or english? (there must be a reason for the hate)

It is supposed to be a red card. For the player that started it. Which was actually the dirty cheating Greek mentioned above. :thdn: He visibly gave Kaita a wee shove away from him right before the incident. And if you say, "Oh, you can't retaliate", please. The Greek player wouldn't have gotten a card for that shove unless Kaita had fallen down and moaned for two minutes. Then for Torosidis to take such a despicable dive, and later score the winner, it's appalling tbh. I agree with DJ here, (hopefully) goodbye, and good riddance Greece.

It is supposed to be a red card. For the player that started it. Which was actually the dirty cheating Greek mentioned above. :thdn: He visibly gave Kaita a wee shove away from him right before the incident. And if you say, "Oh, you can't retaliate", please. The Greek player wouldn't have gotten a card for that shove unless Kaita had fallen down and moaned for two minutes. Then for Torosidis to take such a despicable dive, and later score the winner, it's appalling tbh. I agree with DJ here, (hopefully) goodbye, and good riddance Greece.

Materazzi and Rivaldo beg to differ. They may have been oily salesman but the rules back them

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Kaita-s-red-card-could-be-this-World-Cup-s-worst?urn=sow,249204#remaining-content

Nigerian player pushes the Greek player while the ball is out of bounds, Greek player gives a little push with the ball (hint: he has the right of way since the throw-in was for his team) and Nigerian player flexes out. No questions here about it

Right of way? There's no such thing as right of way, there is such a thing as a player making physical contact with another, and even it's your own team, you get a card if the intent is malicious, or just a poor tackle. Give both of them yellows for general idiocy, because that's all this really was. Things got a little heated, for basically nothing. The referee is there to enforce the rules and keep the game as close to civil as possible. It was still early on in the match, there wasn't really a need for it. Then give Torosidis another yellow for diving. Problem solved, and the right player has been sent off. ;)

Maybe I can dream, and FIFA will do something about this incident. Then about De Rossi's the other day.

Archived