Anyone else think the Vuvuzela was completely toned down tonight?

Steve01

Id prefer an option to have it normal or toned down if theyre to do this tbh. I much prefer having the actual atmosphere rather than an edited version.

How is there a 'non-edited' version? Broadcaster always makes a judgement on how high or low to have the background noise, will differ depending where the put the mics, etc.

How is there a 'non-edited' version? Broadcaster always makes a judgement on how high or low to have the background noise, will differ depending where the put the mics, etc.

I havent a clue how it works, I just preferred it before they made it quieter.

I havent a clue how it works, I just preferred it before they made it quieter.

I agree, you could hardly hear them last night, was quite disappointed in that. They didn't need toning down IMO, just that some people needed to (but couldn't) accept and get used to them, and complained.

Well there not going to ban them (I hope) and they shouldn't. Why should people thousands of miles away have a say in what the Africans are allowed to do at their own tournament ffs. People may as well stop moaning about them now, it's a week into the competetion and there not going away. Deal with it.

The difference between the BBC and RTE was huge. They were deafening on RTE yet barely noticeable on the beeb.

Had I known they turned them down I would've watched on RTE, even bearing the incompetence of everyone involved and the lack of HD.

Really don't like that they've turned the crowd mics down or whatever they've done.

Archived