Robbie Earle sacked by ITV

swisso

So if I went to a game wearing a t-shirt clearly branded by a rival company, could I face any sort of sanction?

I think only if you're with about 99 friends but not sure what the threshold for being out of order is, it's all very odd

If he just gave them away rather than sold them I have some sympathy for him. Didn't mind him as a pundit, there are worse around, Edgar Davids for example.

oh and Jim Beglin is great.

Andy Gray really isn't any good.

Whether it's his woefully inaccurate "tactical analysis" or his utter nonsense like "tekaboo son" he is almost impossible to listen to.

It's often like he's watching a completely different game to anybody else. He has enthusiasm, but that's about it.

Absolutely, I can't stand him. In fact I'd prefer Mick McCarthy and Craig Burley to him. I like McCarthy - his sultry northern tones are calming while his analysis isn't too bad. Burley seems OK, a bit like an Andy Gray minus the over-enthusiasm and dodgy clichés.

If 50 Real Madrid fans sat together in Madrid tops (maybe as a way of shoiwng the Spain/Catalonia divide), could they be prosecuted for advertising BWin? Or would they have to be hired?

Shocking that the girls were given more than small fines, the company should be the ones prosecuted if anything.

Ill say it again

Andy Gray "Chamakh is a bad signing for Arsenal because he is too much like Arshavin"

The man is utterly utterly clueless.

Did he really say that, the guy is clueless when it comes to europe.

Earle = good riddance awful pundit

I hate pretty much all pundits. They all seem clueless. Andy Gray is one of the worst, but I don't really blame him entirely. People seem to 'trust' the opinions of Sky more, with it being the flashier, more impressive brother of terrestrial and espn coverage. An off-shoot of that is that people take the words of someone like Gray as the Gospel truth, even if it's plainly obvious he is wrong.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a three-person commentating panel in action, but in my ideal world I'd have a decent commentator, assisted by someone astute in tactics who would spot things that generally we wouldn't see, and an articulate (ex-?)referee to level things out and (hopefully) have a clearer view of the laws during a game.

I like Andy Gray inventing conversations between players. Player A crosses to Player B and he's off "He says to him there, he says here it is, son, get on the end of that, you've asked me for a ball all game and now I've given it to you" - I think he could go on for hours tbh

Also, I have no idea what the official beer of the World Cup is, Carlsberg or Heineken? I feel it's the former and the latter is Heineken ... I sure as hell know who Bavaria Beer are though!

I hope Bavaria paid the fines of those girls though or whoever organised this thing did

Archived