*Official* - the BIG Chelsea thread. Post all sorts of transfer crap in here, but no mentions of 'Chelski'

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I'm surprised at is Chelsea haven't AFAIK been linked with either Pablo Aimar, who's been told he could leave Valencia for about £16-20 million, or Xabi Alonso who's got a buyout clause at Sociedad around £20 million.

Both are amazingly good players IMO.

The prospect of Vieri facing Lua Lua at St James's is a bit tasty. Probably get the same abuse as Bowyer or Bellamy at, well anywhere else I suppose. icon_frown.gif

Quite a team Chelsea are gathering down there. Duff for left wing, geremi for the right, all you need now is a really class creative central midfielder and a striker whos guaranteed 20 goals a season and there might actually be some silverware for you to shout about.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markrowe:

One thing I'm surprised at is Chelsea haven't AFAIK been linked with either Pablo Aimar, who's been told he could leave Valencia for about £16-20 million, or Xabi Alonso who's got a buyout clause at Sociedad around £20 million.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aimar would be amazing for us

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Roving Rover:

Our Duffer is irreplaceable - if he goes I'll be gutted. £17m for him is a fecking bargain icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats true Duff is one of the best left wingers in the world and would be a massive loss for Blackburn. Its a shame cuz I've always liked blackburn they play nice football despite not having bucket loads of money anymore. although im sure the £17m quid they would get some of it to spend on new faces and they could get 3 or 4 good players for that sort of money. None anywhere near as good as Damien though.

Real Madrid have agreed to sell Cameroon midfielder Geremi to Chelsea for £6.9m.

The two clubs settled on the fee after spending most of Thursday conducting negotiations by fax.

Geremi's agent Barry Silkman told BBC Sport on Thursday that Chelsea wanted Real Madrid to drop their asking price for the player who spent last season on loan at Middlesbrough.

Chelsea are said to have offered £6.2m (9m euros) for the 24-year-old Cameroon international, but Real have held out for £6.9m (10m euros).

The Spanish giants will now use the money to finance the signing of David Beckham from Manchester United.

Personal terms have yet to be settled with Geremi who is on holiday in Cameroon following the recent Confederations Cup tournament in France.

But it is unlikely that they will prove a stumbling block as cash is not an issue for Chelsea now that Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich is at the helm.

"The two clubs have agreed a fee," Silkman told this website.

"We're not far off agreeing personal terms and it's just a case of Geremi passing his medical next week."

And Ranieri will be pleased to finally conclude a deal for a player he has been tracking for some time.

The Italian wanted to sign Geremi last summer but the deal collapsed because Chelsea could not afford him.

However, Geremi is keen to return to the Premiership where he made an excellent impression last season and Stamford Bridge will be his next destination.

Chelsea's spending spree is gathering pace and the club have already had an undisclosed offer accepted by West Ham for defender Glen Johnson.

Southampton defender Wayne Bridge is also on the club's shopping list, while the Blues have had two bids for Blackburn's Damien Duff rejected.

If they all come off they're very shrewd signings - leaving them with a long-term lineup of:

GK: Cudicini

LB: Bridge

RB: Johnsen

CB: Terry

CB: Gallas

LM: Duff

RM: Geremi

CM: Lampard

CM: ?

CF: Gudjohnsen

CF: Cole or ???

Geremi is a great signing by Chelsea's new boss...

Fee is quite expensive but I'm sure that he can re-pay it in terms of performances.

Nice to know that Real weren't bull$hitting when they said Geremi would be a useful player to bring back into their side. Oh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markrowe:

Nice to know that Real weren't bull$hitting when they said Geremi would be a useful player to bring back into their side. Oh.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

real value him. hence the expensive price. duh.

£6.9 million expensive? Real wanted £10million....

Also Roman has just sold his shares in a aluminium business for another £3 billion, so compared to the £5 billion the guy has, what is £6.9 million?

I love Roman Abramovich!

At least we cant be called for our lack of british players anymore - we can role out as many as any other english prem team now if we get bridge, johnson, duff and we already have terry, lampard, Carlton cole. If we get Joe Cole as well will probably have 5 - 6 future UK internationals. icon_wink.gif

I can't help thinking Chelsea are being taken for a ride with some of the asking prices they are being quoted for players... everyone knows that they have a billionaire behind them now so they're obviously raising the asking prices for the star assets. IMO Glen Johnson is only worth around £3-4m at the moment, because although he's undoubtedly a good prospect he's hardly set the Premiership alight so far has he? £6m is ridiculous money for a player of his experience, especially in the current transfer climate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JFH:

Also Roman has just sold his shares in a aluminium business for another £3 billion, so compared to the £5 billion the guy has, what is £6.9 million?

I love Roman Abramovich!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Real asked for £10 million because they value Geremi. Even for £7 million it's considered expensive. Harry Kewell went for £5 million!

And anyway that was just a reply to markrowe... Real were indeed NOT bullsh|ting when they said Geremi would be a useful player to bring back to their side. That's why they wouldn't let him go cheap. Oh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doog:

I can't help thinking Chelsea are being taken for a ride with some of the asking prices they are being quoted for players... everyone knows that they have a billionaire behind them now so they're obviously raising the asking prices for the star assets. IMO Glen Johnson is only worth around £3-4m at the moment, because although he's undoubtedly a good prospect he's hardly set the Premiership alight so far has he? £6m is ridiculous money for a player of his experience, especially in the current transfer climate.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>of course the price for johnson is over the top but his 18 and imo did set the prem alight considering the circumstances. In all the games he played we lost about 3. The value of him in 5 years times could be double that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cassurai:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JFH:

I love Roman Abramovich!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Real asked for £10 million because they value Geremi. Even for £7 million it's considered expensive. Harry Kewell went for £5 million!

And anyway that was just a reply to markrowe... Real were indeed NOT bullsh|ting when they said Geremi would be a useful player to bring back to their side. That's why they wouldn't let him go cheap. Oh.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kewell was an absolute bargain IMO.

For the player that Geremi is and can become 9only 24) I believe that 6.9 is good value. Especially when you look that Real paid 25 million for an over-rated tart.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iron-bullet:

of course the price for johnson is over the top but his 18 and imo did set the prem alight considering the circumstances. In all the games he played we lost about 3. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that was solely down to Johnson? Yeah, right. I don't care what the circumstance, Johnson is basically unproven at the highest level and as such £6m is absolutely ridiculous. IMO even £3m would be pushing it a bit, and that's taking into account the fact that he's English and all English players are overpriced.

Kewell was an absolute bargain IMO.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually that raises another good point. Kewell, who's been performing on the highest level for a number of years now and has also impressed at full international level, goes to Liverpool for £1m less than Johnson, who's played less than 20 times for his club and, I'm willing to bet, less than 5 times at U21 level for his country. No matter how deep Leeds' financial troubles may be, that's still a ridiculous statistic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doog:

Kewell was an absolute bargain IMO.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually that raises another good point. Kewell, who's been performing on the highest level for a number of years now and has also impressed at full international level, goes to Liverpool for £1m _less_ than Johnson, who's played less than 20 times for his club and, I'm willing to bet, less than 5 times at U21 level for his country. No matter how deep Leeds' financial troubles may be, that's still a ridiculous statistic.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair we do not know the exact value of the GJ transfer yet but I understand your point. I think that there is a lot more going at Leeds regard Kewell, and that Ledds are going down the tubes.

If the Kewell transfer works it will be a bargain of near Cudicini proportions.

I would of thought Kewell be sold for around 10 million but Leeds needed to sell him coz Kewell threated to bosman himself. Leeds ****ed him about so much, they should of sorted his contract out rather than risk him going to liverpool for nowt.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iron-bullet:

of course the price for johnson is over the top but his 18 and imo did set the prem alight considering the circumstances. In all the games he played we lost about 3. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that was solely down to Johnson? Yeah, right. I don't care what the circumstance, Johnson is basically unproven at the highest level and as such £6m is absolutely ridiculous. IMO even £3m would be pushing it a bit, and that's taking into account the fact that he's English and all English players are overpriced.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>well when he came into the team our defence tightened up considerably. As i said, the price is a little steep but there buying a player who imo could even be 1st choice right back for england in euro 2004! As for the comaprison with the kewell deal then thats silly. Kewell had 1 year left and is at a club who are indesperate finacial trouble. A great deal for liverpool but leeds had to get something otherwise a similar situation to lee bowyer would of happened!

Kewell was an absolute bargain IMO.

For the player that Geremi is and can become 9only 24) I believe that 6.9 is good value. Especially when you look that Real paid 25 million for an over-rated tart.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright. Let's just say that £6.9 million for Geremi is considered cheap from a general point of view, but as a Real Madrid fan I consider it a good sale. £6.9 million ain't easy to earn in today's market, even more when the player sold is only a reserve.

And, Beckham was bought for marketing reasons. Real will earn the money back in one or two years' time, so Beckham really went for free.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jammer2001:

Any word on Duff? Do you think, if the bid is accepted, that he'd sign?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. rumour is that we offered £12 and £15 million. I think that the best think we can do with DD is leave it for a few days/week and cause DD to get at Rovers for not letting us talk to him.

DD would be mad to turn down a move to us, as he will get paid shedloads and play ECL footy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lampers:

He has a buy out of 17 mil - i reckon we should just offer that coz Dunn is well worth the money and will be great for us.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's just signed for Birmingham mate icon_wink.gif

INJURY WOE FOR BLUES KEEPER

Chelsea goalkeeper Jurgen Macho will be out of action until the New Year after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament in pre-season training.

The former Sunderland ace moved to the Bridge on a free transfer in May, and his misfortune opens the door for another summer arrival, Marco Ambrosio, to stake his claim as Carlo Cudicini's deputy.

Speaking for the club's training camp in Italy, Claudio Ranieri said: "I am very upset for Jurgen because he was just settling in well at his new club and was looking forward to impressing us.

"I wish him a speedy recovery and we will be supporting him all the way."

---------------------------

Oh well, good job we've got cover.

Before Red Rom bought Chelsea, I thought the only club Duff was worth going to was United. now see Chelsea as Blackburn, 10 years ago. Walker brought in his undreds of millions, Red Roman has brouh in his billions. We bought the Prem effectively, and I think Chelsea will do the same. Naturally I'd rather Duff didn't go, but none of us have any idea what is going to happen, so until theres more official word on the subject, all we're doin is speculating...

Don't turn Commie Damien icon_frown.gif

From The Sun Newspaper:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My Blues are No1 in Europe

By ANDREW DILLON

CHELSEA owner Roman Abramovich beat Manchester United in the race for Damien Duff and said: We’re No 1 in Europe.

United boss Alex Ferguson was powerless to match Red Rom’s £18million bid for Blackburn winger Duff, 24.

Billionaire oil baron Abramovich also completed the £6.9m capture of Real Madrid midfielder Geremi.

And he taunted Fergie by telling his squad: “Congratulations, you now play for the biggest team in Europe.â€

Abramovich gave a rabble-rousing address to his troops at Chelsea’s training ground.

The Russian has already splashed out £6m to land West Ham’s Glen Johnson, 18.

His Duff swoop is a massive blow for Fergie, who has coveted Irish wizard Duff for two years.

But the Old Trafford chief knew the game was up when Abramovich made his move.

With United forced to come up with an £18.75m bid yesterday to land Ronaldinho from Paris St Germain, it meant Fergie had no chance.

Abramovich has already sent shockwaves through the Premiership with a daring £34m offer for Arsenal striker Thierry Henry.

Inter Milan striker Christian Vieri is also a £25m target.

Chelsea are now in Italy at a week-long fitness camp before flying to Malaysia to compete in the Asia Cup.

Abramovich met the players hours before holding talks with boss Claudio Ranieri to outline his strategy to catapult Chelsea into the European elite.

And he made it clear he will not be happy until the Blues are a match for sides like Real, United and Euro champs AC Milan.

Blackburn turned down two Chelsea offers for Duff earlier this week but were helpless when Red Rom bid £18m, which triggered a release clause in the player’s Ewood Park contract. Rovers will now try to land Steve McManaman from Real.

Cameroon ace Geremi, 24, said: “It’s sensational to play in the Champions League. I’ve had the experience with Real Madrid and I hope I get to play them.

“Winning it? That’s tough but you never know.â€

United are confident Ronaldinho will sign his £15m, tax-free five-year contract next week.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>They can't say they are the biggest team in Europe just yet!

I would be gutted if Duff went to Chelsea because he is the natural successor to Giggs. icon_frown.gif

Guest Nufc16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Junichi Inamoto:

That sucks - he's better than Ambrosio icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ambrosio must be pretty **** then icon_biggrin.gif

there's Pidgeley still, he might be young, but i dont think you should be afraid to have someone young as third choice. not like he'll play.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Junichi Inamoto:

that sounds obscene, and rubbish te be honest. The confirmed dealings show we are being much more realistic.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't have believed it, but the source is more reliable than normal ones :/ - they didn't have a name, but the fact that they showed a picture of Henry speaks volumes icon_biggrin.gif

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scatter:

why is it, the only place i have seen the duff story is on chelski sites? is ther any other linkage anyone can provide???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sky Sports will be running with it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lampers:

At least we cant be called for our lack of british players anymore - we can role out as many as any other english prem team now if we get bridge, johnson, duff and we already have terry, lampard, Carlton cole. If we get Joe Cole as well will probably have 5 - 6 future UK internationals. icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

duff is irish

Archived