*Official* - the BIG Chelsea thread. Post all sorts of transfer crap in here, but no mentions of 'Chelski'

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Roving Rover:

Looks like it's down to the lad to decide - hope he stays but can't really blame him if he does go. He really does like it at Rovers though so don't you pensioners go counting chickens yet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'll go where the wage cheque is big.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wycombe:

Petit is NOT a playmaker.

He would be perfect for ManCity though, they need someone who can tackle in their midfield.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

funny... everyone seems to think so bar you icon_biggrin.gif

[33] Breaking news from Chelski

Tuesday, July 15, 2003

"With less than six weeks to go before the start of the season, newly rich London also-rans Chelsea appear to have scooped the transfer deal of the year. In an unprecedented move the London club's new owner Roman Abramovich is reported to have signed every player in the premiership. The record breaking GBP3.4 billion bid is expected to be concluded on Friday morning.

Pressed for a comment on the breaking news, Abramovich was quick to set the story straight. "Whilst it is true that we have signed 674 new players, I would like to quash the rumour that we are in any way connected with a bid for Emile Heskey

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by displaced_seagull:

He'll go where the wage cheque is big.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not necessarily, obviously I don't know Duff personally but he doesn't seem like that sort of bloke. I'd be surprised if he stayed but he genuinely loves it at Rovers and it would take at fair bit of persuasuion to make him go.

I quite like Chelsea though, I'll wish him well if he does go - and at 17m big ones you'll have got yourself a bargain icon_frown.gif

It has been rejected, he does have a minimum fee release clause but if you had been following the news properly you would have heard the Blackburn spokesman saying that the offer does not reach the release clause but is higher than it with future fees factored in and as such it does not trigger the clause.

Could be true, all we've said is that if an offer meets 'certain conditions' then we have to accept - might be £17m + sell on clauses + appearance bonuses etc etc. Also this £17m figure might be a load of bðllocks anyway, who's to say it's not more?

• Administrators

To be honest I've not seen the sports headlines since 3, bt you're right....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Chelsea have finally completed their first signing under new owner Roman Abramovich, buying West Ham United's highly-rated defender Glen Johnson for £6million.

Chelsea said on their website the fee for the England under-21 international was the highest the club had paid for a teenager, surpassing Nigerian Celestine Babayaro's £2.25-million-pound move in 1997.

The 18-year-old right back, who signed for five years, is

due to fly out to Italy to join the rest of the Blues squad in their pre-season preparations, the club said.

Although the West London club have been linked with scores of new players in the past month Johnson is actually the only player they have officially signed.

"They are a great club. There are lots of internationals here and I can't wait to play with all the players," Johnson said.

"I just want to get out there and to get to know everybody."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

but still a good player non the less, hes only 18!

Next is Geremi which hopefully wiil be in a few days and fingers crossed mr duff.

• Administrators

OK, so what do we wake up to?

- Ranieri blasts 'naive' Eriksson, but also states he knows that there will be huge pressure on him to succeed this year.

- a rumoured 4th bid for Damien Duff is rejected. If we want him that badly why are we píssing about when he has a buyout clause (although with Blackburn constantly rejecting it makes me think it's £20m+)

- Man Utd say we can have Veron - apparently.

- Wayne Bridge on verge of signing for £7m

all in all, nothing we don't know icon_frown.gif

From Chelsea.com

"Chelsea and Blackburn have now agreed a fee for Irish international Damien Duff and talks will begin soon. Chelsea will not be making any further comment on the situation."

There's probably more on there, but the site seems more than a little busy at the moment obviously.

our team just gets better and better everytime i wake up!

....................Cudicini

Johnson........Terry........Gallas.....Bridge

Gronkjaer......Geremi.......Lampard......Duff

...........Gudjohnsen......Carlton Cole

That will do 4 me!

Chelsea can buy Henry , van faggo+ and so on but that doesnt gaurantee success. You need a Champion Team not a team of champions. Just like when chelsea wen tand signed petit , zenden , lampard and all that for massive fees they didnt even make the champ league that year. Its taken a few seasons but now they are a class act and seem to have got over that lose against useless team syndrome.

BBC Football - havent seen it on SSN yet. Note gramattical error in the 'rovers' bit at the bottom icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Chelsea have made a move for Leeds United's former England goalkeeper Nigel Martyn.

The London club want Martyn as competition for first-choice Carlo Cudicini after new signing Jurgen Macho picked up a serious knee injury.

Martyn, 36, is thought to be keen on the move after losing his first-team place to Paul Robinson last season but Leeds want around £500,000 before he will be sold.

Martyn's agent Phil Graham told BBC Radio Leeds:"I can confirm there is serious interest from Chelsea.

"Nigel wants to play first team football and long term security so those two things would have to be considered."

The cash-strapped Yorkshire club would rather sell Robinson, who turned down a £3m move to Aston Villa earlier in the summer.

Chelsea have money to spend in the transfer market following the takeover at Stamford Bridge by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich.

Cameroon international Geremi and 18-year-old defender Glen Johnson have already joined the club, while Blackburn Rover's Damien Duff is in talks over an £17m move.

Chelsea have agreed a £7m deal to sign Southampton's England defender Wayne Bridge.

Southampton had hoped to hold on to the 22-year-old home-grown star - but once again the massive financial firepower of Chelsea's new owner Roman Abramovich has proved decisive.

Bridge is expected to open talks with Chelsea shortly and it now appears only a formality that he will join new buys Glen Johnson and Geremi at Stamford Bridge.

Southampton chairman Rupert Lowe said: "I regret to inform our supporters that we have given Wayne Bridge permission to speak to Chelsea with a view to signing for them.

Chelsea shopping list

" Wayne has quickly achieved great footballing success in his time with our club and has served us well.

"He has, however, made it known to both Gordon Strachan and me that he believes a move to Chelsea to be a career progression and an opportunity he cannot turn down.

"He is grateful for the tremendous support he has received from our Club, from both staff and supporters, which has undoubtedly contributed to his success.

"He has, however, made it clear that he wants to play Champions' League football, which he believes will give him a better chance of making him first choice for England."

Lowe added: "He will enjoy greater financial rewards at Chelsea and the club is geographically well placed for him to regularly visit his family.

"In the past we have rejected offers for Wayne Bridge from clubs to which he was not attracted.

Wayne has made it known that he believes a move to Chelsea to be a career progression and an opportunity he cannot turn down

Southampton chairman Rupert Lowe

"He has now handed us a transfer request thereby making it difficult for us to retain him despite the fact that he still has three years remaining on his contract.

Bridge's agent Jonathan Barnett said that the player would be keen to meet with Chelsea representatives.

"Southampton are a top team but there are two or three who are better," said Barnett.

"There are exciting things going on at Chelsea and having the chance to be part of it would be great.

"Wayne is a Southampton boy and he is not looking for a move, but he would love just to talk to them."

Bridge has won 11 England caps under England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson and has made 173 appearances for the Saints.

Bridge is a great signing if he comes but ill take Duff over any of em!

I think Duff is really important to chelsea, we need him bad.

After that, Roy Makaay would certainly be the icing and cherry on the cake. icon_smile.gif

Archived