Would You Like A New Football Usersystem?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Like A New Football Usersystem?

• As a webmaster myself, yes.
    • As a fansite user myself, yes.
    • Not sure, mayby.
    • As a webmaster myself, no
    • As a fansite user myself, no

Hello everyone, I've had alot of spare time on my hands recently and I've been hanging around these forums for most of it, aswell as checking out all the great fansites. Something I have noticed is that there all kinda the same, Sure there brilliant I am not for one second criticizing any websites out there as I know there all doing a great thing for the Football Manager community.

Now heres my input, I just thought I'd keep this short and simple to see what replies I get, then I'll know if it's worthwhile. I have been doing HTML for a very long time and it's now practicly like a second language to me, but the more intresting area I have been studying is PHP, and with the strong knowledge of PHP it opens so many other doors!

I would like to design a UNIQUE "Football Usersystem" which webmasters can use for free (no ad's). It would have lots of features, from a PM System, Integerated forums, Rank System, Mini Games, Shoutbox, Admin Features, Staff Login, News/Article Feature & Any other ideas people can think of. It would basicly mean that when people come to your website and you had the system they could register and login and check messages, have an input and it would also make the websites staff job alot easier.

Sure there is other tools like Joomla & PHPNuke & others, aswell as Forums. But I was just hoping to bring something far more fresh and unique (aswell as a more football like/feel system). Anyway nothings written in stone just yet as I want to know if this would actually be used and worthwhile creating.

I look forward to hearing the replys from you guys, Thanks!

- Jamie. :thup:

I have no idea what you mean, do you mean a content management system?

If so, it's not going to be worth doing. First of all, you'd be going about trying to compete with well established systems like Wordpress and forums like Invision and vBulletin. People already know how to use these and they'd be more trusting of something that has been out for a while than one persons attempt (these existing programs are very secure, and I highly doubt you'd be able to be as secure in your first attempt).

I'd suggest that instead of creating something for others, that you do it for yourself. It'll be more secure (people won't have access to the code to see how it can be exploited) and you'd be creating a unique fansite that isn't restricted to other CMS features.

Thankyou for the constructive feedback, I appreciate :) & I will start development on a system in the coming days. When it's all complete I will display a demo access to the system allowing others to fully understand it's works. If anyone then wishes to use it for there site, I will upload it for them, Thanks again.

Archived