FM10: Sami Khedira

CPS

Sami Khedira

DOB: 04/04/1987

VfB Stuttgart

181px-VfB_Stuttgart_Logo.svg.png

sami_khedira_345x468.jpg

Sami Khedira is a 23 year old centre midfielder currently playing in the Bundesliga with VfB Stuttgart. Khedira made his league debut in 2006 for Stuttgart and has now amassed 98 appearances for the club. He has 2 caps for Germany and has captained his U21 side to European Championship success. He is part of the German squad that will take part in the forthcoming World Cup and is tipped to be the ideal successor to Michael Ballack.

Khedira profile in FM10

293u7lz.png

I'm surprised Khedira doesn't get more attention in FM. He is an excellent pick at DMC, one of the best in my opinion. He's strong, a decent tackler and team player and good in the air. Acceleration is a worry, but he is still fast - in an emergency he could almost be moved upfront due to some of his attributes. Technically he's nothing special but his passing is just about good enough to keep things ticking over. Natural Fitness is the only other real standout weakness.

He can be signed for around £8m at the beginning of the game. The downside is that he will only accept a very lucrative contract to leave Stuttgart.

In my view he is up there with the likes of M'Vila, Rodwell, Veloso, Guarente etc as a great young prospect at DMC. Here is a screenshot of him in 2014 that backs that up - his mental attributes are tremendous.

20z8ydw.png

Feel free to share your experiences of Khedira in FM10 here.

Pretty sure that Natural Fitness and Pace should be the other way around. Someone said about it a while back iirc.

Ah, that would make sense. Should point out that the AI has developed him in the second screenshot. Had him for Man Utd once and his development was pretty similar, think his technicals were slightly better iirc.

Got him from free from Stuttgart for Bayern, he has been awesome and looks very slimilar to the developed screenie above.

Even though I play him as a DMF he gets forward into some great positions and scores some great goals.

Highly reccomend him.

Love the OP, CPS :cool: In my opinion, that is how they should look!

If I remember correctly, he was absolutely brilliant on FM09? I remember signing him for Pompey at one point.

I don't understand how someone can possess that sort of Pace, but then have the acceleration of a wounded camel :D

I don't understand how someone can possess that sort of Pace, but then have the acceleration of a wounded camel :D

Yeah couldn't understand that myself but Oba seems to think its a mistake, which makes sense really.

Pretty much stole the template for the thread from the M'Vila and Ait Fana ones tbh :D.

• 4 weeks later...
After the world cup he will surely get a boost in FM2011. ;)

gotta disagree. im not sure whether hes on random potential but judging from that screenshot(after development) im very sure his attributes is good enough with reference to his WC performance. if anything maybe just reallocate this attributes accordingly. i mean seriously whats with such high finishing!??

Jerome Boateng also has the high pace low accel thing, so maybe the German researcher knows something we don't. As do a few other players in Germany (Rakitic, Gustavo, Borowski, Badstuber)

Also

His injury proneness is 15, so I doubt he's supposed to have 16 natural fitness.

Archived