[FM10] My America's Career

CAFCIan75

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I posted on here so I thought I'd get back involved with a journeyman type career. I have decided to start with an automatic reputation and start in the lower reaches of the Brazilian Leagues and see if I can work my way up. I've loaded all leagues from South America and the US and Mexican leagues as well.

So armed with my Portuguese phrase book I travelled to Brazil and the first team to take a punt on me were...

A JAGUARÉ EC

Club Information...

Founded: 2001

Stadium: São Clemente

Capacity: 5000

Honours: None (We were runners up in the Brazilian Espírito State Championship in 2007

Club Expectations...

Board Expectations: The Board expect us to finish in a respectable place in the Brazilian Espírito State Championship so I will be aiming for a top five place. They have asked me to form a competitive side for the Brazilian National Third Division campaign so that suggests to me avoiding relegation will be all that is necessary. Personally by the time the league starts my squad will have hopefully gelled and we can give a good account of ourselves.

Jaguaré are a pretty below average side with not much in the way of talent and with us already overspending on our wage budget I knew I would have to make loan signings to supplement our squad. One thing I did notice was that there are no rules in place as to the number of loan players I could bring into my squad so I went out with cap in hand and over the course of pre season acquired fifteen youngsters hungry for success with hope I could mould them into a useful side.

Transfers...

Goalkeeper Waldson (19 years old from Bahia) came into the squad and to be honest he is far better than any keeper currently at the club and he will take the number one jersey. In defence I loaned five players to bolster my defensive options. Central defenders Diego Manfio (22 Internacional), Héron (22 Portuguesa) and Simões (21 Cruzeiro) came in and two from those three will be in my starting XI. Paulinho (19 ABC) and Esquerdinha (19 São Paulo) came in to cover the full back positions with the later expected to be automatic first choice.

In midfield as I aim to play a couple of variations of the diamond formation I signed five players to cover the various areas with Cássio (21 Corinthians), Pessali (19 Grêmio), Vinícius Reis (19 Grêmio), Flávio (21 São Paulo) and Felipe (21 Fluminense) all joining until the end of the season. Finally in attack Bruno César (21 Santo André), Cassiano (20 São Jose RS), Jhon (21 Internacional) and Marcelo (21 Vitória) came in to give me plenty of options in attack.

Felipe in particular looks like he could tear this division apart...

9krtza.jpg

If my first choice XI are all fit they would line up like so...

13z8zr7.jpg

Next Post: The Brazilian Espírito State Championship round up...

A JAGUARÉ EC

Brazilian Espírito Santo State Championship...

We were predicted to finish 6th in a ten team league before the season started and to be honest I would have been happy with 6th but my team had other ideas sweeping aside all before them to secure the State Championship and with it entry into the Brazilian Cup next season.

We only conceded 5 goals in the eighteen matches played and secured to the title with a sensational 9-0 victory away to Rio Bananal in our penultimate match of the Championship. We went through the whole of March and April without conceding and it contributed greatly to our success.

As expected Felipe was the catalyst in our success as he plundered ten goals and seven assists in the eighteen matches played from his position behind the front two. Special mention should go to one of our own Anselmo who forced his way into our starting XI about half way into the season and never relinquished his spot, getting himself an average rating of 7.43 in the process.

As I mentioned the defence were superb but football is a game where goals are key and my three main strikers Marcelo, Jhon and Cassiano plundered 17 goals between them to make sure we won matches as opposed to drawing them and in the end I felt we deserved our first place finish.

Results...

54bt4j.jpg

Brazilian Espírito Santo State Championship table...

j0k5k4.jpg

The Espírito Santo State Championship win has given both myself and the players confidence that we may actually do well in the Brazilian National Third Division and although the Board want us to merely compete I have set my sights higher on possible qualification out of the first stage. With games in some cases twice a week it will be interesting to see of my young squad can cope with the rigors of twice weekly football. Wish us luck...

Next Post: Brazilian National Third Division Campaign...

Archived