Workaround to get FMM to work with WWSM?

Bogdanel

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by meisce:

Well done, nice find. Unfortunately on first attempt it does not appear to work with WWSM 8.01 boxed version ( FM version not match error )...anyone else have any luck? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems to work with Digital Download

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hatngloves:

Hi...its me again. I got an email from jpee too. Timcn, you mentioned FMM 2.23 works with the DD version, how did you do it? I tried to use with the DD ver and still gives the same error message FM version do not match. Please help... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure you go 2.23? I have not had any problems using it with DD, didn't do anything to make it work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hatngloves:

Ok...it works fine with XP machine, but I am having trouble with my Vista machine. Are there any configuration changes I need to do when installing the game on my Vista machine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to run it as administrator in Vista to make it work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JJ:

If you have WSM boxed version you can do the trick when patching it....so you'll be able to use FMM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JJ, I tried that (i.e., I patched the boxed version of WWSM with the digital download patch), but 2.23 still didn't work. Did it work for you?

Idont have WSM, though i am fmailier with the boxed version patching technique, which is to say.

Install WSM....now you have version 8.0.0 right?

Download the 8.0.1 patch for FM boxed version.

Chnage the WSM.exe to FM.exe

Install the FM boxed patch over the WSM boxed version thats installed.

Now i am lead to belive that FMM should work....

Archived