Interaction (4-3-2-1 / 5-4-1)

Interaction (4-3-2-1 / 5-4-1)

Introduction

First and foremost, much credit goes to Forza Hellas and his Jingle Bells tactic that I've modified for both 4-3-2-1 and 5-4-1 posted here, thanks for the brilliant tactic. Being a fan of an aggressive, whole-pitch closing down, high work-rate system and implementation of wingers with box-to-box fullbacks, I added width to the default formation for my 4-3-2-1 while few modifications were made for the 5-4-1 tactic. Hope they work for whoever tries them as much as they did for my Bayern game.

Description

The way it works may appear straightforward, and essentially it is. When playing against similar/weaker sides or/and at home, the more offensive 4-3-2-1 is what I intended as the first choice, and indeed I score like a mother f***er while conceding very little.

But when up against monsters like Barcelona, Real, Inter, ManUtd etc. 5-4-1 should be the way to go, perhaps even when playing home games. Interesting point is that no more than 7 matches per season did my team play the 5-4-1, yet all players keep the same attacking mentality in a defensive formation, and the team plays extremely good with no noticeable confusion from the formation shuffling, as if 5-4-1 formation is how we play at all times. Each time I used the 5-4-1 tactic, the opposition was unable to get anywhere near my penalty area.

Important victories when switching to 5-4-1:

Season 1: Quarter Final vs Chelsea, 1:0 win in London, 1:0 win in Munich.

Season 1: Semi Final vs Barcelona, 3:1 2nd leg win in Barcelona (1st leg was 2:2 in Munich using 4-3-2-1)

Season 2: Quarter Final vs ManUtd, 2:0 win at home, 2:1 win in Manchester.

Season 3: Semi Final vs Chelsea, 3:0 win at home, 1:0 win in London.

Season 3: Final vs Barcelona, 1:0 win.

Do note that the results barely show the manner in which I've won these matches, and others when playing against a top club. In the matches noted above, and others as well, the opposing team didn't look like scoring even once except by firing off long range shots (all goals against in the match list above were long range shots), but there was virtually no play in my penalty area at all. Every time I felt confident that I won't concede because it seemed while watching every match that defending is so easy as if a 3rd league team is always attacking.

And while my keeper (Rene Adler, got him at the start of season two for 26mil Euro) watched the match being played mostly at a 30-40m distance from my goal, the rest of my team was creating a bag-load of chances from counter attacks. Each match ended with my team having far more shots on target, far more near goal chances, many of which were from the opposing penalty area.

The focus should be on two things in both 4-3-2-1 and in 5-4-1:

1. Endurable, fast full backs and wingers that can come in as inside forwards and score as well create chances. A lot of physical stress will fall on both wingers and full backs.

2. MCs/DMCs should have an idea about defensive roles, have some decent tacking/marking while being able to react quick, spot holes for through balls and pass.

Any comments, good or bad, are welcome. Cheers.

Trophy gloating :D

Champions League

2010, 2012

Bundesliga

2010, 2011, 2012

German Cup

2010, 2011, 2012

World Club Championship

European Super Cup

2010, 2012

Team and Individual Instructions

4-3-2-1

Team Instructions

4633763362_e1dbc76eca_t.jpg

Individual Instructions

ST

AML----------AMR

MC MC MC

DL---DC--DC---DR

GK

5-4-1

Team Instructions

4633167387_ac25f44217_t.jpg

Individual Instructions

ST

ML ---------- MR

DM -- DM

DL DC DC DC DR

GK

Download links

5-4-1

Looks interesting mate :)

Could you post up some pictures of your league table with Bayern?

Steve

Still at work (yeah I know, it's 1:23AM), but will do so once I get home. Normally I wouldn't waste people's time with uploading some of the many formations I've been making for home use, but in my Bayern game this one really blew away all expectations through the roof.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention is that I've created it using the Classic Editor (I hate the new "Click Next, Click Next, Click Next" Wizard), so the Touchline shouts aren't available, but having in mind that this is the most dominating and successful game I ran in a long while, I care not about the Shouts... they're Overmourinhorated anyway :D /joke

Archived