Sink or Swim in the Premiership

Leo30

Its getting really exciting not only at the top of the table but also at the bottom.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> | ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 11th | | Charlton | | 32 | 9 | 12 | 11 | 37 | 47 | -10 | 39 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 12th | | West Ham | | 32 | 9 | 9 | 14 | 35 | 51 | -16 | 36 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 13th | | West Brom | | 32 | 9 | 8 | 15 | 42 | 44 | -2 | 35 |

| 14th | | Bolton | | 32 | 6 | 17 | 9 | 29 | 37 | -8 | 35 |

| 15th | | Middlesbrough | | 32 | 8 | 11 | 13 | 41 | 50 | -9 | 35 |

| 16th | | Birmingham | | 32 | 8 | 8 | 16 | 37 | 50 | -13 | 32 |

| 17th | | Blackburn | | 32 | 6 | 11 | 15 | 28 | 45 | -17 | 29 |

| 18th | | Wigan | | 32 | 6 | 9 | 17 | 24 | 45 | -21 | 27 |

| 19th | | Sunderland | | 32 | 5 | 11 | 16 | 31 | 50 | -19 | 26 |

| 20th | | Fulham | | 32 | 5 | 11 | 16 | 29 | 50 | -21 | 26 |

</pre>

Allen is said to be pleased with the current league position but warned there are some good teams down there that will be looking to get out of trouble, we have to keep picking points up wherever we can, its not going to be easy on Saturday as we face Arsenal but who knows we have already beaten them.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> |

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Man Utd | | 32 | 22 | 7 | 3 | 66 | 25 | +41 | 73 |

| 2nd | | Chelsea | | 32 | 21 | 8 | 3 | 52 | 19 | +33 | 71 |

| 3rd | | Arsenal | | 32 | 21 | 5 | 6 | 61 | 28 | +33 | 68 |

| 4th | | Liverpool | | 32 | 20 | 5 | 7 | 52 | 28 | +24 | 65 |

</pre>

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal travel to the Hawthorns knowing that anything less than 3 points will hand the title to either Chelsea or Man Utd. The game starts slowly neither team forcing a save out of the respective keeper. Dennis Bergkamp nets the only goal of the game on the strike of half time. Although Albion failed to really test the keeper manager Lee Allen was pleased with the performance "We battled hard, we are still finding our feet in the premiership and it will take another couple of seasons to win continuously and push teams like Arsenal week in week out, our main priority is to stay in the Premiership and improve on a gradual basis"

"Come in"

"Oh Hi Jeff how you doing"

Jeff was the lead man in the Boing Boing website the leading West Bromwich internet site.

"Fine thanks, just wandered if you get a spare 5 or 10 minutes to give an interview about your time at the Hawthorns, just talk for a couple of minutes and then we'll see what we've got, you can look at it, then we'll put it on line"

"Ok, mate, only a short one though I've got loads of things I should be getting on with"

"Well.....The season has been challenging to say the least and sometimes I still wonder how I landed the job. The cup runs we have had have made the season and added funds to the club that will help to purchase any new players we need to find. The league form has been pleasant and we are higher up the table than some people would have predicted. We still aren't safe but I would rather be where we are now than where we were last year. Each game has shown that the players have fight in them, I'm not going to single out any player as they have all done the Baggies proud.

It is such a honour to manage a team of committed players who turn up early and work late, they are dedicated to the club and know that if they don't perform I tell them about it, if they are not happy then I operate an open door policy and they come and see me, we discuss it, I tell them what I think and they work at it, if they don't work at it then they are no good to the club."

"Are you going to make any changes at the end of the season?"

"I'm not giving anything away, we'll see who's available but I'm not getting players for the sake of it, there is one deal and that's Stefan Prostman from Villa, of course we'll disappointed Chris Kirkland did not want to make the move permanent but things have to move on, one player does not make the team"

"How do you find the fans?"

"The fans have been unbelievable they have accepted me and I hope that they have had an enjoyable season, its not over yet by any means, I mean who would have thought we would be mid table and in the semi final of the most famous football competition in England"

"Whats the chances of West Brom winning the FA Cup?"

"Who knows, we face Portsmouth and they are doing surprisingly well, I think they're in about 6th place, so we will be underdogs, but we seem to do better, I'm not going to look to much into the future but I would love to be in the final at least."

Crowd trouble expected again as West Brom travel to Birmingham. Both managers have urged fans to be on their best behaviour.

Birmingham will be looking for revenge following the recent defeat in the Cup.

Blue is the colour this weekend in the Midlands as Birmingham defeat West Brom 4-2 at St Andrews. Goals from Forsell & Boyd in the first half set the scene for the afternoon. The game was competitive all afternoon with constant attackign threats from both sides, ever so that the Albion forced Matthew Upson to put through his own net. Julian Gray extended the Blue lead which was further reduced by Kamara, and Melchiot had the final say netting an 87 minute penalty following a Gaardsoe foul. This sees the Albion 5 points above the drop zone with 4 games left.

West Brom fail to beat West Ham in this 6 point relegation battle this afternoon at the Hawthorns. Lee Allen is fuming with his West Brom players as they were unable to capitalise on West Ham having to play 3/4 of the match with 10 men. Both teams score from the penalty spot in a 1-1 draw. The draw does not help either side move away from the drop zone in which will be an anxious couple of weeks for both sets of managers, fans and players.

Lee Allen comments that "Although it was a good team performance we should have won this game easily, we had the ideal opportunity to pick up 3 points, instead we have dropped 2, I am disappointed. At least we will have a break from the pressure of the league next week and we must focus on beating Portsmouth and guarantee a final in the FA Cup"

Theres excitement at the Hawthorns as they prepare for their first trip to Wembley under Lee Allen. The event the FA Cup Semi Final and the opponents Portsmouth.

There are crowds of people outside the ground as they queue for the coaches to take them to London. The players, board, other staff and players wifes are eagerly awaiting, I'm just a bag of nerves, I still can't believe where we going. If we win....you have to think about it as it is a possibility then we will be playing Manchester United as they dispose of Crystal Palace 2-1.

The journey seems like a round the world trip and the number of cars that beep their horn when they realise they've just passed the Albion team coach, we all wave.

The players talking about this wonderful occassion and the wifes/girlfriends discussing the new outfit they've purchased and comparing hairstyles.

Jess and Joy sit behind me giggling as they can see me pacing up and down the coach. "Sit down for gods sake, if he braes suddenly you'll be through the windscreen" "I can't I need the loo again" "Lee your more nervous than the players and your not playing"

We pull up outside the ground and there's already a good crowd gathering. I look around and notice that there seems to be more Portsmouth scarves around they fancy their chances and have come to Wembley to cheer their team onto the final, only one thing can stop them the Albion. My stomach is churning and I feel physically sick.

The ground is amazing the real state of the art, who would have thought at the beginning of the season that I would be walking out onto Wembley. The bookies would have swiped your money from you.

The pitch is in an amazing condition and the lads wander towards where the Albion fans are gathering. Theres loads of Boing Boing Baggies Baggies banners, we hadn't seen them in ages. This is an achievement for the lads, one I hoped that they would cherish and enjoy.

The 4.00pm kick off soon arrives and the action begins and I still feel ill, I walk to take my place in the dug out, accompanied by a vomit bowl.

As soon as the whistle blows for the start of the match we attack the Portsmouth goal, although not putting any pressure on the goalie. We implement a good passing game and seem to be running the Portsmouth players ragged. Both sides have good shots saved by the respective goalies and I'm pleased with the performance in the first half. Both sets of fans have witnessed a good close game of football.

"Come on lads this is still anybody's game, its all to play for, try and get a goal early on and pile the pressure on, sink them into the ground with a wonderful strike, come on we can do it"

The lads were up for it. They were piling the pressure on but unfortunately the Portsmouth goalie was not playing the West Brom game.

A killer blow happened on 67 minutes when Portsmouth broke caught Kirkland off guard and Lua Lua slotted the ball home.

No matter how hard we tried the ball just would not go into the back of the net.

The final whistle goes, so near yet so far. It was a good achievement getting to the Semi Final but we might as well been knocked out in the third round. The only consolation is that we played at Wembley.

The coach journey home was a nightmare. Everybody so disappointed. Nobody wanting to talk about the game, yet everybody had given 100% what makes it worse is that our next league game is against the team who have just beat us. No matter if we beat them it won't take away the disapointment of losing today.

Next trip Fratton Park to play Portsmouth. Its only days since we last played them and their confidence is high we are still disheartened to have lost but need to pick ourselves up quickly we still need to secure Premiership football.

6 minutes goes and Portsmouth outline how they beat us a superb goal by Karadas sets them on their way, we manage to hold on and keep it to 1-0 but I don't know how.

Following the second half team talk we seemed to play 200% better, and justice was awarded when Nathan Ellington scores a goal on 86 minutes. Its another point but we are still not safe from trouble.

"Come in, Hi Nigel, hows u?"

"Hi mate, just thought I'd let you know, Lloyd Dyer aint showed up today, you heard anything?"

"No, unlike him though"

"Can you have a word with him when you next see him?"

"Yeah sure, what we going to do with him if he aint got a good excuse"

"Fine him of course just coz he aint in the first team doesn't mean that he can take days off as he chooses"

We fine him 1 weeks wages which he accepts and he promises to pull his socks up, Lloyd is a good lad but is itching to get on the pitch and play first team football. It doesn't have to be Premiership football he just loves the game.

West Brom 0 Charlton 0

West Brom fail to pick up 3 much needed points today being held to a goaless draw at the Hawthorns.

The Addicts will be pleased about their performance following this game as West Brom were by far the better side. Dean Kieley the Charlton goal keeper commented that West Brom were too good of a side to go down following their unsuccessful on slaught at the Charlton goal.

This result however was enough to keep the Baggies in the Premiership as Wigan are the third team to go down.

Lee Allen has acheived his goal and can build on the success of this season and hopefully achieve a safer position next.

Leeds win the Championship and return to the Premiership and are joined by Preston. Preston have enjoyed a good season but will be seen as one of the favourites to return to the Championship. Thats confidence for you talk of relegation in a season that has not even started.!

Last Day of the season

West Brom face Manchester United in a game that will decide on where the title goes.

Chelsea are a point clear and travel to Upton Park to face 16th placed West Ham.

Manchester travel to the Albion. Arsenal and Liverpool will finish 3rd and 4th respectively no matter what happens.

The title goes to Chelsea following their 3-1 win over West Ham. West Brom gave Manchester United a scare althugh the score of 4-2 does not reflect this. Kamara scores 2 goals for the Albion whilst Scholes scores his 100th red devil goal.

The final table finishes like this: -

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| 1st | C | Chelsea | | 38 | 26 | 9 | 3 | 64 | 20 | +44 | 87 |

| 2nd | | Man Utd | | 38 | 26 | 8 | 4 | 82 | 31 | +51 | 86 |

| 3rd | | Arsenal | | 38 | 22 | 10 | 6 | 66 | 32 | +34 | 76 |

| 4th | | Liverpool | | 38 | 22 | 7 | 9 | 59 | 35 | +24 | 73 |

| 5th | | Portsmouth | | 38 | 15 | 12 | 11 | 53 | 45 | +8 | 57 |

| 6th | | Tottenham | | 38 | 17 | 6 | 15 | 46 | 42 | +4 | 57 |

| 7th | | Everton | | 38 | 15 | 9 | 14 | 62 | 54 | +8 | 54 |

| 8th | | Man City | | 38 | 15 | 8 | 15 | 37 | 48 | -11 | 53 |

| 9th | | Aston Villa | | 38 | 14 | 10 | 14 | 46 | 48 | -2 | 52 |

| 10th | | Newcastle | | 38 | 12 | 13 | 13 | 50 | 54 | -4 | 49 |

| 11th | | Bolton | | 38 | 9 | 17 | 12 | 33 | 44 | -11 | 44 |

| 12th | | Charlton | | 38 | 10 | 14 | 14 | 40 | 53 | -13 | 44 |

| 13th | | Blackburn | | 38 | 10 | 13 | 15 | 38 | 46 | -8 | 43 |

| 14th | | Middlesbrough | | 38 | 9 | 14 | 15 | 47 | 58 | -11 | 41 |

| 15th | | Birmingham | | 38 | 11 | 8 | 19 | 46 | 59 | -13 | 41 |

| 16th | | West Ham | | 38 | 9 | 12 | 17 | 41 | 62 | -21 | 39 |

| 17th | | West Brom | | 38 | 9 | 11 | 18 | 48 | 55 | -7 | 38 |

| 18th | R | Sunderland | | 38 | 7 | 13 | 18 | 37 | 57 | -20 | 34 |

| 19th | R | Wigan | | 38 | 7 | 11 | 20 | 25 | 52 | -27 | 32 |

| 20th | R | Fulham | | 38 | 6 | 13 | 19 | 34 | 59 | -25 | 31 |

</pre>

So with Chelsea retaining the Premiership title.

Stuart Parnaby from Middlesborough wins the Premiership player of the season. Liverpool's Sissoko wins young player of the season with ex Albion loanee Kieran Richardson gaining the runner up spot. Nathan Ellington is chosen as a sub in the Premiership team of the season. Mourinho wins manager of the year from Sir Alex and Wenger.

Chelsea win the Euro Cup on penalties from Stuggart.

Manchester United win the FA Cup with a 1-0 win over Portsmouth.

Well done Leo. you did a great job keeping the baggies up. Its a shame about the FA cup though. I had a feeling you were going to win from the 3rd round on.

This has been the best story i have ever read. Are you going to follow this up with the next season. Heres hoping!!

Thanks for the compliment, doubt it is the best you've read as there's some really good ones on here. Heres to a 2nd successful season

Theres rumours flowing around the Midlands about 4 possible new signings arriving at the Hawthorns, a host of names have been mentioned but nobody from the Baggies will comment.

Kirkland leaves the Baggies

Chris Kirkland's loan at the Albion finishes and he returns to Anfield. An inside source commented that a bid for Kirkland had been accepted but the player did not want to committ to a team that struggles at the wrong end of the table.

Lee Allen states "Its with huge dissapointment that Chris has decided to return to Liverpool we have done as much as we can to keep him here, the fans love him and he's excellent in between the sticks, I suppose he left in a bid to break into the English team, who can blame him if thats the reason. We wish him success and hopefully he'll let in a few when we play them later in the year"

Ellington Number 1 at the Albion

Albion Fans have today voted Nathan Ellington as the player of the season. Ellington was joint top scorer at the club last term with 15 goals and he will be looking to at least match that tally this time around.

3 youngsters join the academy James Holmes a young 15 year old with plenty of talent has been signalled out as a player with potential. Bradley Marshall 15 year old defender and Lee Bates 15 year old striker.

The Baggies open their Premiership campaign away against Blackburn which is shortly followed by a home tie against Bolton and an away trip to Charlton.

You can lose friends over football and I felt that I was losing my mate Andy Johnson as we had felt that it was in the clubs interest if we didn't renew his contract. I called him into the offer to inform him that Stoke had made an approach and that it was accepted.

"Leo, thats not a problem, I knew it would be difficult I just want to play football"

"I thought you were going to slander me Andy, I wish you could stay but the Board wouldn't appreciate my favourtism. Stoke is not that far away and we can still keep in touch, not that we had spent much time together out of work as none of us were ever available"

It felt that all my friends were deserting me and I was left all alone in West Brom. Andy duly signed the Stoke contract and would join them in a couple of weeks.

West Brom today reveal two new signings and they are both shock signings. It is felt that Allen has taken a risk in the transfer market and only time will tell whether the new boys will settle well into the team. Allen acknowledges that he needed to bring new players in and feels that he has done that. More signings are scheduled for later in the week.

The first signing brought to our attention is from Athletico Madrid in the name of MANE a 24 year old Spanish left midfielder. He spent most of last season out on loan netting just 2 goals and 7 assists in 24 starts. It is thought that the Albion have spent in the region of 1.5m for the signature.

Fans voiced their concerns over the recent signing of Francis Jeffers from Charlton on a free. Fans feel that he may damage the harmony in the Baggies dressing room. Jeffers a 25 year old will be looking to quickly establish himself in Lee Allen's first 11.

Further transfer activity at the Albion when no fewer than 5 new players join the club. Lee Allen today confirmed that Stefan Prostman the ex Villa goalie joined the club on a free transfer possibly as a replacement for Chris Kirkland who for the third time declined a permanent move to the Hawthorns.

Lee Allen again returned to Villa to sign Right Defender Mark Delaney who was out of favour with David O'Leary.

Arnold Bruggink and Stevee Gustan join the club both appear from no where however the most interesting signing is that of Joseph Desire-Job.

Lee Allen has brought a number of players in and the majority are of an attacking nature. Some players have got to be surplus to requirements. One of these players Andy Johnson today left the Hawthorns to join Championship side Stoke City.

Another striker joins the Albion ranks youngster Robert Davidson joins from Rangers and the fans aren't happy.

Lee Allen must now consider selling some of the forward lines and Kanu looks like he could be forced out of the club

West Brom have broken their wage structure completely this season and have now brought in ex Milan player midlfielder Samuel Dalla Bonna.

This new signing immediately sparks discontment by Jason Koumas as he fears their's too much competition for midfield places.

Lee Allen reacts angrily and immediately places Koumas on the transfer list. An insider at the club commented that "Lee Allen rescued Jason Koumas' Albion career and brought him back off loan and gave him numerous starts in the first team. Lee is obviously dissapointed by Jason's actions especially immediately going to the Press."

Unsettled Lloyd Dyer today joins Bournemouth on a 6 month loan deal in a move in which will hopefully guarantee a move away from the Hawthorns.

Dyer has not figured during Lee Allen's reign at the club and will want to cut his losses and move elsewhere.

Albion Manager struck down with mystery virus

West Bromwich Albion today released a statement informing the public that manager Lee Allen is unable to report to duty due to a mystery illness. Allen was rushed into Sandwell & West Birmingham Hospital in the early hours of yesterday morning, just hours before he was due to depart for a couple of friendlies abroad.

The club wish Lee a speedy recovery and hope that he is not out of the game for to long. Assistant Manager Nigel Pearson is expected to temporary hold the reigns until Allen's return to the hot seat.

Jess sits my hospital bed "I told you, you were doing to much, that football team is damaging your health, I told you if it interfered with anything then you should give it up"

"I told you so...., look Jess its just a slight set back I'll be back to work soon, anyway you don't mind about the money I earn from it, its a nice little earner"

"Yeah the monies nice, but I want you not your money, this job will drive you to an early grave"

17th July 2006

I pick up the paper and immediately turn to the last but one page to look at the friendly results.

Uniao de Coimbra 0 West Brom 4

An easy victory with goals from Jeffers, Earnshaw and two for Job. I read the article and notice that our weaker opposition had two people sent off, I question myself as to whether it was a good team performance or whether we should have won by more. Job picks up man of the match award for being on the pitch for 16 minutes, was his performance that spectacular.

Curtis Davies is a target for Championship side Reading on a 6 month loan deal. Davies has failed to impress during Lee Allen's reign at the Hawthorns and Curtis will be aiming to show the Baggies boss what he has been missing.

Brian Smikle becomes the 2nd Albion player to join Bournemouth on a 6 month loan deal.

Falkirk and Dumferlime are after troubled midfielder Koumas for an estimated fee of £950,000 and Millwall submit a surprise bid for Kanu. All bids are accepted.

My mobile goes off, I quickly open the hospital locker and hide under the sheets. A nurse pulls them back and demands me to hang up. "By using that mobile phone could interfere with this hospital equipment, I suggest you hang up and if you need the phone you need to go outside"

"But this is work, I need to talk to them"

"I don't care hang up"

"I'll phone you back in 5 minutes"

"Nurse, can I use your phone for 2 minutes, I need to make an urgent phone call, and your all too busy to take me out in the wheelchair"

"2 minutes and make it a local call"

"Hi Nigel its Lee you sounded distressed on the phone whats up"

"Its that bloomy agent of Kanu you remember that horrible arrogant bloke who thinks you have to agree with everything he says, he's demanding that we pay £9,000 per week as compensation before he signs a deal with Millwall"

"Thats crazy money, I know we would like to get rid of him to cut the wage bill, if it was for weeks then I'd consider it but not for 12 months. Pull the plug on the deal"

The deal for Kanu is withdrawn we could not justify the player playing for another club yet we still play a third of his wages.

Curtis Davies has made a surprise loan switch to Premiership rivals Man City for a 6 month deal. Curtis was originally joining Reading for City made a late request.

Koumas causes more headache at the Hawthorns by refusing personal contracts with both Scottish clubs the player feels that he is worth alot more than the deals that were discussed.

I finally get discharged from the hospital and I am raring to get back behind my desk at the Hawthorns.

Nigel has had to deal with a few crap issues including having a dressing room show down with Zoltan Gera who is demanding a transfer as he wants to win trophies and he comments that its going to be ages before the Baggies acheive the success that he wants. Nigel originally declines the transfer but following a second outburst has no objection and the request granted.

When I get home from the hospital I check the answer machine and Joy had left all the get well wishes from all my friends, yes I still had got some. Andy Johnson, Paul Merson, Bryan Robson, David O'Leary, Sir Alex, just to name a few all wishing me a speedy recovery.

The last message on the answer machine was the Chairman..."Hi Lee hope your getting on ok, and making a speedy recovery, can you phone me when you get home, need to come and see you about something before you go back into work, give me a call straight away please"

What the hell could that be about, I had a good idea but other ideas were coming into my head. Nigel had done a very good job apparently on the tour of Portugal having won all the games, they weren't going to install him as manager and give me the push due to my ill health. The thoughts run through my mind, so I decide to call him just to put my mind at ease. An appointment was made for him to come to my house the following day, it must be something really important. I await the boss.

The knock on the door makes me jump, its not very often the Chaiman comes to see you at home.

"Morning Lee, How are you feeling, hope your ready to come back to work"

Ok so I wasn't getting the sack...

"Yeah fine still feel a little bit under the weather but should be in by the end of the week"

"Right the board have asked me to outline some objectives for the new season, and I need to make them clear before you return"

"Ok"

"The wage budget is too high, far too high, you need to reduce it and quick I know you are looking at releasing players I think 4 or 5 should go, we cannot continue to be £70,000 per week over budget. The sooner the better, obviously the board will not sanction any new signings until this situation has been rectified"

I knew I had gone mad in the transfer market but not that excessively who was I going to get rid of I had already tried to off load Koumas and Kanu and failed. He was right it was only fair that the wage budget needed to be reduced.

"Oh, and the Board expects another good season, a good cup run and to remain in the Premiership is your ultimate goal this season. We should have an easier season this year, and you have had the money to build a squad which you have, you just need to prune it to an acceptable financial level. Do you understand?"

"Yes boss, I'll get onto it as soon as I get back to work"

The boss has told me and what the boss says you have to do.

The first match of the season sees the Baggies travel to Ewood Park to face Blackburn. Lee Allen won both matches last season over Blackburn and was hoping to perform the same acievement this time round.

After 21 minutes Mokoena makes the score 1-0 to the home side and the lead is extended 5 minutes later with a Craig Bellamy goal. The score remained 2-0.

Pundit Rodney Marsh comments on Sky Sports "West Brom face a battle of survival this time around I think on todays performance they will be down the wrong end of the table with the 3 teams that have come up, Lee Allen will have to make improvements if they are to stay in this division for another season"

Leeds geared up to sign Gera

Following todays loss at Ewood Park Lee Allen returns to find that fellow Premiership side Leeds United have tabled a 3.4 million bid for wantaway midfielder Zoltan Gera. The bid is accepted and the move is scheduled for Wednesday.

Our first home match of the season against Bolton turned into another disappointing performance. We take the lead on 33 minutes with Francis Jeffers scoring his first goal of the club.

Bolton come out strongly in the second half with goals from Diof and Davies. The final score West Brom 1 Bolton 2 is flattering for Bolton in a match that the Baggies should have wrapped up in the first half.

The Baggies remain bottom of the table accompanied by Middlesbrough and Aston Villa.

Charlton V West Brom

Charlton come into todays game in 6th place and immediately add further misery to Lee Allen and West Brom with a quick goal (2 minutes) by Darren Bent. Bent nets his 2nd goal 19 minutes later.

The deficit is reduced when Dalla Bonna nets his first goal for the Albion.

Neil Clement is given the opportunity of equalising with a penalty for 14 minutes from time, however a poorly taken spot kick lands straight in the arms of the Charlton goalkeeper. The keeper lobs the midfield players and is latched onto by Jerome Thomas who makes the score 3-1.

West Brom remain bootom and Charlton soar to the top of the table. Birmingham, Ipswich and West Brom have failed to pick up any points in 3 games.

"Joy can you call Nigel into the office please"

"Hi Nigel thanks for coming at such short notice, I'm not panicking or anything but what do you think is going wrong. I thought we would have been better this season but we don't seem up for the challenge"

"I don't know boss, they all seem to be working hard on the practice field but some of them are like they've got stage fright and we haven't even played in front of a big crowd"

"I want everybody in the club to meet me in the Conference Suit tomorrow just to make sure that everything is ok. I want them really focused for the next match and I need to boost some kind of confidence into them. I know its only been a couple of matches but when you see yourself at the bottom of the table, it doesn't make interesting reading"

"Ok Leo, anything else?"

"No, just thanks I need somebody to moan at and unfortunately its you, its not intentional"

"I know don't worry Bryan did the same"

He walks out the room I had called an emergency meeting tomorrow its time we started to play football and pick up the points and get out the relegation zone quickly.

"Right everybody, thanks for all coming, is there anybody missing?" Everybody looks around the room, everybody is here. Joy double checking ticking off a simple list she devised quickly on the computer before the gathering.

"I just thought we needed to get together to discuss how things are going so far, Kanu what you think so far?"

"Dissapointing boss, we're playing well just not getting results"

Theres the nodding of the head an Neil Clement adds "We just don't seem to be jelling don't know why, we are passing but its in the final third"

"Oi is that a dig at attackers" Ellington responded

"Look guys it aint nobody's fault just all of ours, we are all in the same situation, we are all part of the same team, we are all in this together, now I would really appreciate if we could all try even 1 harder in our next game something might just go right, I know that we will give somebody a good hiding soon, and that will do our confidence the power of good, its just a waiting game. Now go and show me what you can do on the training pitch"

A few grumblings and a few comments of negative attitude but I already have their cards marked they won't be with the club much longer.

Toons Blitz sinks Baggies

Newcastle heaped more misery on struggling West Brom with a 4-0 win today at St James Park.

Lee Allen's men as on many other occasions this season lacked a precise final ball after some promising build up.

The Toon Army were also struggling at the foot of the table and looked determinded to improve on their current league position.

Graham Souness hopes that Newcastle have turned the corner following this convincing win. The Newcastle boss added "We played some great football and hopefully we can build on this wonderful performance".

Lee Allen stated "We have taken a beting today, but I know that there is enough character around the Hawthorns for them to build on this set back"

Fans Applaud Sale of Chaplow

21 year old Baggies midfielder today joined Celtic big boys Celtic in a 2.3 million move.The Albion fans are still disappointed over the sale of Zoltan Gera but gossip around the ground indicates that this is a good piece of business of Lee Allen as the player is deemed surplus to requirements.

Chaplow made 4 appearances in last season's campaign and Allen has reportedly not forgiven the youngster following his outburst direct to the press regarding the number of limited starts he was getting.

Allen is pleased with the sale and has hinted of further movements later this week.

Youngster Rob Elvins joins League 1 outfit Barnet for a 6 month loan spell. Elvins a promising youngster who has shown vast improvement over the last 10months will gain valuable first team experience having played a handful of games on loan at Yeovil last term.

Elvins is hoping to win a new contract as he has 10 months left on his current deal.

Vetern forward Kevin Campbell leaves the Hawthorns on a £2,000 transfer to Barnet. Barnet have recently signed youngster Rob Elvins on loan and now have a pair of strikers who are used to playing up front together after numerous games for the Baggies reserves.

Campbell states that although he has dropped down a couple of divisions it will give him the opportunity of regaining fitness and playing regular first team football.

Fans of Barnet are overwhelmed that their manager has been able to gain the signature of such an exciting player and hope that he will be able to assist in the development of the youngsters.

Archived