Can I breeze through FM without my team suffering?

I no longer have the time to dedicate to FM that I had when I first started playing the series as a kid. With all the tactical elements needed to adopt in order to do well I ask, is it possible to succeed in FM2010 without having to spend an age tinkering with tactics and personnel?

I enjoy FM when all is going well but I just don't have time to sit down and micro manage every player and member of staff just to see my side not get completely outplayed by CPU opposuition.

At present I try and dedicate as much time as possible to pre match and post match organisation, but I just don't get through games quick enough. And I've found if you keep the same tactics and rotate players a little there seems to be a very small win rate.

Let assistant manager do team talks and press conferences aswell as take friendly matches. You can set up tactics easily and rapidly with the new tactics creator in FM10 and they actually work. Also you can holiday for your whole season if you wish. If you dont have time dont play FM, i find picking my own tactics and team and development of players takes time but is rewarding.

I've played exactly the same formations for three seasons running now, only ever tweaking players mentality and what role they have. I find if you can establish around fourteen members who have gelled and can play together you don't have to change tactics much at all. The rest of the squad just make cameo appearences so keep them happy.

I understand what you're saying about it taking longer to perfect tactics etc but without doing that, I just don't get that sense of achievement. If you was to go on holiday for games and your Assistant Manager brought a sub on and he scored the winning goal, I just can't see the fun in that!

I've played exactly the same formations for three seasons running now, only ever tweaking players mentality and what role they have. I find if you can establish around fourteen members who have gelled and can play together you don't have to change tactics much at all. The rest of the squad just make cameo appearences so keep them happy.

I understand what you're saying about it taking longer to perfect tactics etc but without doing that, I just don't get that sense of achievement. If you was to go on holiday for games and your Assistant Manager brought a sub on and he scored the winning goal, I just can't see the fun in that!

Hopefully my current team can gel then!

I don't want to pass responsibilities to my assistant. I just wanted to know if there was a knack for winning without having to painstakingly manage every aspect of your team. I know that sounds silly as FM2010 is a football management game, but unfortunately time isn't so easily available nowadays and there just isn't time to read through all the assistant feedback and actioning his advice, trying to keep players happy and my god, I feel for genuine football managers because pre conferences are repetitive and so, so dull. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice idea but being asked the same questions over and over with only the same five answers to choose from is really tedious.

i just sent my assistant to all press conferences, and i dont really listen to my backroom advice, how i play is make one tactic and do some tweaks to it when they stop working and buy and sell. most of my time is spent on looking for young talents

I do not change anything about my tactic and have been very successful, I never tweak depending on the opponent. My assman does all the press conferences, although I probably do 1 in every 100. Morale is just as important as tactics in my opinion. It is very possible to breeze through FM and have lots of success once you have found a tactic that suits your players.

As it is down to time constraints then why not play the game as you are now, or have been all along, the only issue is it will take much longer to play the game out, even going through a full football season.

As you are changing the way your not micro managing then you are playing the game in a very different way, aren't you?

Archived