The Big One. England v Australia. The Ashes. Cricket. Spoliers.

wycombe

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam Harper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Raybould:

God my cricinfo page is running well slow icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wonder how many people at their jobs are loading that page icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went home at lunch to see a bit of the action on an actual tv, its like playing IC Captain, all this text and no actual cricket icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kev Varty:

Who was that woman? Her hands were shaking like mad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looked a bit like Mrs Flintoff, not sure though.

I don't think I can handle this, I'm going to have to go buy a serious amount of alcohol at the tea interval icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've only had one can, and I've just remembered I've got no petrol and apparently, they're queuing all around, so I've got to top up on that during Tea. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

you what?

THE most attacking field - a standard 7-2 offside field - usually consists of a backward square, and a wide mid on.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No fine leg then??

Fine leg & mid-on??

Forward short square-leg & mid-on??

Your whole "you what??" attitude makes you look like a right bellend, which you probably are IRL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Divinity:

I thought that link for SBA's title pointed towards the Man Utd thread? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it should just continuously update to link to his most recent post tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Divinity:

Tait's had his breakthrough, we need Lee & Warne on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

absolutely.

both bowlers that giles would least want to face.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SBA:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

you what?

THE most attacking field - a standard 7-2 offside field - usually consists of a backward square, and a wide mid on.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No fine leg then??

Fine leg & mid-on??

Your whole "you what??" attitude makes you look like a right bellend, which you probably are IRL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would you have a fine leg in an attacking field?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SBA:

you what?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No fine leg then??

Fine leg & mid-on??

Your whole "you what??" attitude makes you look like a right bellend, which you probably are IRL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A FINE LEG??? A FINE FRACKING LEG???

mate, if i set a 7-2 field, and my bowler bowls something that can end up at fine leg, he doesn't get the next over, i promise you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Raybould:

Ive come to the conclusion SBA knows absolutely feck all about cricket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you've taken the side of the bloke who thinks that a "standard attacking 7-2 field" doesn't consist of a fine-leg?? icon14.gif

Ive come to the conclusion SBA knows absolutely feck all about cricket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you've taken the side of the bloke who thinks that a "standard attacking 7-2 field" doesn't consist of a fine-leg?? icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

that's priceless.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JK Galgreefe:

inside edges could end up at fine leg surely? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye, they do. but you don't set a field for french cuts.

you got seven on the offside, you're bowling for a caught behind/slip cordon. nothing else.

So you've taken the side of the bloke who thinks that a "standard attacking 7-2 field" doesn't consist of a fine-leg?? icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine-leg, defensive field

I know whose opinion I'm with

IT DOESN'T FFS

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thefinalbroadcast:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kev Varty:

Who was that woman? Her hands were shaking like mad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looked a bit like Mrs Flintoff, not sure though.

I don't think I can handle this, I'm going to have to go buy a serious amount of alcohol at the tea interval icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've only had one can, and I've just remembered I've got no petrol and apparently, they're queuing all around, so I've got to top up on that during Tea. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the queues are anything like what they were this morning round our way, you'll not get that done during tea icon_biggrin.gif

Luckily for me the offy is 100 yards down the road icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocky Rockstar:

Ok seriously guys my guess at the number of pages this thread would be on at the end of the match was 231 so PLEASE EVERYONE STOP POSTING NOW

I thank you icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

I've come to the conclusion that SBA is the captain of the crikeet team I recently quit playing for icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam Harper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocky Rockstar:

Ok seriously guys my guess at the number of pages this thread would be on at the end of the match was 231 so PLEASE EVERYONE STOP POSTING NOW

I thank you icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the Ashes predictions thingy icon14.gif

A bit of something to get us in the right mood:

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving,

Archived