The Big One. England v Australia. The Ashes. Cricket. Spoliers.

wycombe

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

What's the weather like now? It's pouring down here, but I am the other end of the country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn's say much, it absolutely peed it down all day here yesterday - when I woke up I was so happy, then I saw the oval.

It's pi55ing down here in Newcastle - hopefully this rain will make its way south over the next few hours. icon_smile.gif Agree that the Aussies are in the driving seat at the mo, but things can change very quickly..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But I'd rather lose the game than be saved by the weather FFS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2-2 would probably be a fair series result, and it would be SUCH an anti-climax to watch the rain fall and end this series on such a crap note.

The Aussies know they've been matched, and are only still in this series because of the genius of Warne. As soon as he retires, the mantle will pass on to us. That's good enough for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Geordie:

Good delivery from Lee there. If we can make 350 from our last two wickets, I'll be glad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully they'll take some time out of the game aswell. A hour long partnership of 25 would be good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocky Rockstar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dixie Flatline:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thefinalbroadcast:

We need Geraint to hold out this morning. This is his time to build a reasonable innings (one session is reasonable enough, in my opinion) until lunchtime, when we could be at 375. Perhaps I'm aiming a bit high, but if we can just maintain, rather than go out to blaze, we can do this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From England's point of view, occupying the crease, in terms of overs bowled in a day, aids your cause and will assist to frustrate Australia. It's in Australia's interest that it scores its runs quickly and to build a lead (if possible) as fast as possible, to put England back in with as much time as possible to bowl England out a second time. Therefore, even though England shouldn't go out with a defensive mindset, they probably shouldn't mind some occupation of the crease, rather than blazing away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Problem is Geraint Jones aint the sort of player who likes to hang around...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He speaketh the truth icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

the aussies are pathetic when they don't get a decision, utterly pathetic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate, that was so f*cking obvious it wasn't funny. You'd be fuming if a decision like that wasn't given against one of our batsman

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alvaro:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

the aussies are pathetic when they don't get a decision, utterly pathetic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate, that was so f*cking obvious it wasn't funny. You'd be fuming if a decision like that wasn't given against one of our batsman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you show the umpire respect at all times, you don't treat him like that, it was out of order and you know it.

Archived