The Big One. England v Australia. The Ashes. Cricket. Spoliers.

wycombe

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

Well i've not been online today, but those who conceeded the Ashes after the end of the last test seem a bit silly now icon_biggrin.gif

Me, I was unusually optimistic icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't want any of that in the Liverpool thread icon_mad.gif

If the Aussies put on something like 450+, which is well possible that leaves us chasing 200-ish on the final day it could get sticky if they start bowling later today and get a coule of wickets. Not a foregone conclusion but well within our reach and that wicket seems to be behaving ok.

What was Ponting getting all excited about ? He was complaining about the sub running him out (?) and said "it's an issue that has concerned us all series" ... didn't their sub catch a couple of our guys (Hodge i think his name is) - it's the rules ... what is the problem here ?? icon_confused.gif

We need a nice early wicket today lads - if we let Clarke and Katich settle again they could easily stick another ton or so on the total, and with Gilchrist and that bloody wagging tail end to come the aussies are capable of giving us 200+ to chase. Added to the fact that our "swingers" Hoggy and Jonesy are injured then this could be another nerve jangler icon_frown.gif

Having said that, a quick 2-3 wicket session this morning could well kill it off icon_biggrin.gif

It'll be compulsive viewing thats for sure icon14.gif

These two look awful comfortable at the minute :/

Positive to take from that of course is that this is still a cracking batting pitch, and I'm confident they can't bat this out of the reach of our batters.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stu1892:

can someone explain to me the big deal about the sub fieldsman as 12th man?

i don't see the problem... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There isn't a big deal. What England have been doing is within the rules. Ponting is unhappy at the rotation system that we use for our fast bowlers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stu1892:

There's no real problem with that as such, as there's no doubting Simon Jones has a legitimate injury, and did yesterday. The Aussies are getting annoyed that England are using a loophole that allows players to go off for maximum of eight minutes to rest their fast bowlers after a spell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam Harper:

Dropped by Bell bangHead.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please tell me you're joking icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

There's no real problem with that as such, as there's no doubting Simon Jones has a legitimate injury, and did yesterday. The Aussies are getting annoyed that England are using a loophole that allows players to go off for maximum of eight minutes to rest their fast bowlers after a spell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although there is no reason for the Aussues not to do it, so its sour grapes by them

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Bacon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

There's no real problem with that as such, as there's no doubting Simon Jones has a legitimate injury, and did yesterday. The Aussies are getting annoyed that England are using a loophole that allows players to go off for maximum of eight minutes to rest their fast bowlers after a spell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although there is no reason for the Aussues not to do it, so its sour grapes by them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

i am getting a baf feeling about this now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep your amazing powers of pessimism to the Arsenal thread please icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

i am getting a baf feeling about this now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep your amazing powers of pessimism to the Arsenal thread please icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you never know it might bring us luck.

Archived