The Big One. England v Australia. The Ashes. Cricket. Spoliers.

wycombe

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeWesthead:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoLdFoX:

Thats ridicolous being able to go to the 3rd umpire for that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? Was the right decision </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For a bat pad scenario it should be down to the umpire to make a decision, same with off the boot. Terrible

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeWesthead:

Aleem Dar was probably quite sure that it was out, but had to double check. Umpire at square leg couldn't call it so 3rd umpire had to.

If it had been Harmison's last ball in the Old Trafford test you wouldn't be complaining. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get some you dont, umpire should say out r not out tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoLdFoX:

Thats ridicolous being able to go to the 3rd umpire for that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? Was the right decision </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For a bat pad scenario it should be down to the umpire to make a decision, same with off the boot. Terrible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if it's come off the boot it's almost the same as referring to the third umpire to see if the ball carried. A bat-pad catch isn't the same thing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phat Phish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

Woke up late today, was Tait any good? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

26 off 5 overs, you decide </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Getting spanked for a couple of boundaries doesn't mean he didn't bowl any good balls tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phat Phish:

Getting spanked for a couple of boundaries doesn't mean he didn't bowl any good balls tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that matter? 26 off 5 overs and no wickets. He can bowl as many good balls as he likes - if those are his figures, it's still a bad day.

Getting spanked for a couple of boundaries doesn't mean he didn't bowl any good balls tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He didn't bowl any of them either tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Raybould:

Am i reading that right? 18 no balls in 27 overs? I though you usually got that many in an entire innings? wtf's been going on?

(I'm keeping updated on bbc.co.uk, so havent been watching because I'm at work) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cricinfo.com is much much better.

C4 are showing a thing about Jardine and Bodyline in a few minutes!

Greatest Scotsman ever, singlehandedly nearly caused Australia to break from the commonwealth and is now their national hate figure. icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

Even though im English...what a legend! I'm a surrey member but my memory has gone blank - was there a stand named after him at the Oval?? One of the ones that got pulled down to make way for the new one...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

What's the word on the pitch ? Looking good ... flat ... any swingy type things, etc ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure athers will go and have a look now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CCFC 4 EVA:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Raybould:

Am i reading that right? 18 no balls in 27 overs? I though you usually got that many in an entire innings? wtf's been going on?

(I'm keeping updated on bbc.co.uk, so havent been watching because I'm at work) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cricinfo.com is much much better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems you're right, thanks icon14.gif

Game over tbh. On a batting paradise usch as this, the total lack of discipline shown by our bowlers is shocking.

The only way wickets look like falling is batsmen getting themselves out like Strauss did playing a fancy-assed shot.

Good batting by Trescothick, but bowling has been cod ordinary, particularly Lee.

Archived