The Big One. England v Australia. The Ashes. Cricket. Spoliers.

wycombe

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Argel:

Tresco in with a shout of the World Record? If Strauss "does a Bell" at the other end? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well done

having said that, did you want strauss to play a bell end?

Imagine how big cricket will become in this country if we win the Ashes, then imagine how it will disappear again since no games will be on terrestrial tv, also the ECB would be gutted, I'm sure they would've been able to get more money if they did the tv deal after the ashes although no doubt they assumed we would lose anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Imagine how big cricket will become in this country if we win the Ashes, then imagine how it will disappear again since no games will be on terrestrial tv, also the ECB would be gutted, I'm sure they would've been able to get more money if they did the tv deal after the ashes although no doubt they assumed we would lose anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've really dropped a bollock.

Interesting that the ECB leaked the details of the bids to the press this week - if you believe their figures, the Channel 4 bid was only about 45% of the Sky bid of 225m over 3 years, and the BBC didn't even bother to bid at all.

A few MPs are talking about putting an amendment on the table to get Tests back on the 'Crown Jewels' list against the ECB's wishes (lets face it, the ECB took it off the list so they could bring in the cash like this - but they're run by a bunch of 50-60 year olds who'll be dead when the next generation of kids who couldn't watch cricket fails to come through)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chaddy the Owl:

I like how no-ones mentioned Peter Ried is at the test icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richie hinted at it, I didn't know what he was on about until I read your post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew Drinkwater:

Interesting that the ECB leaked the details of the bids to the press this week - if you believe their figures, the Channel 4 bid was only about 45% of the Sky bid of 225m over 3 years, and the BBC didn't even bother to bid at all.

A few MPs are talking about putting an amendment on the table to get Tests back on the 'Crown Jewels' list against the ECB's wishes (lets face it, the ECB took it off the list so they could bring in the cash like this - but they're run by a bunch of 50-60 year olds who'll be dead when the next generation of kids who couldn't watch cricket fails to come through) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes but the Sky bid is for all tests and all ODIs is it not? C4 would've only have been for the home tests, so less than 50% of the cricket anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam Harper:

Well done Hodge, good sportsmanship </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah...any idea why the **** the crowd were booing?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam Harper:

true, but there's no point in being dishonest anyway if he knows the 3rd umpire will give it not out then he looks bad and Ponting/Glichrist et al are undermined. Ofc I'm sure Hodge wouldn't have claimed it regardless.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian W:

yeah...any idea why the **** the crowd were booing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because they wanted Hodge to get a catch big Lanky fans they are icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thefinalbroadcast:

FO&D the dawning of the age of Aquarius icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love that ad, I also love that in a Ford ad you can barely see a car at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

The cloud icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's covering the pitch perfectly, you'd think it knew wouldn't you? icon_biggrin.gif once it goes it should be clear for the next 2 hours at least.

Archived