The Big One. England v Australia. The Ashes. Cricket. Spoliers.

wycombe

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

Woke up late today, how'd Belly get out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

top edge going for the hook, but apparently the snickometer suggest he didnt hit it (havent seen it myself so cant comment).

"Further to Ned Morgan's Simon Jones stat: if Jones manages 8 not out today, he'll have the series' highest batting average," says Csaba Abrahall. "Although Glenn McGrath's current series average is infinity, which is probably even higher and could only be topped - if my school playground memories serve me correctly - by infinity and one."

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by _Raul_:

I don't understand all this reverse swing business they keep going on about, can anyone help me out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically when the ball is new the ball swings away from the shiny side.

When it starts to get a bit old it'll sometimes start swinging in the opposite direction and folkses call it reverse swing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by _Raul_:

I don't understand all this reverse swing business they keep going on about, can anyone help me out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The ball normally swings with the shiny side on the outside of the curve, but reverse swing is when the shiny side is on the inside.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankJJ:

"The White, The Beige, The Cream, The Off White, The Ivory, The Bone" - Richie! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'super effort from merv, he's a tremendous athlete, shown a lot of guts this year'

'turn it up bill, he may have taken a few wickets but he's hardly a tremendous athlete, and all the guts he's shown have been hanging out of that skin tight aussie shirt of his'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I f*cking hate Brett Lee....excellent bowler though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree, an excellent bowler, and seems to be a nice guy as well.

He exactly what you want in a test match.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

Looking at the strike rates here it seems Flintoff is batting like someone who can't play at test level icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BUT LOOK HOW TALL HE IS icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Looking at the strike rates here it seems Flintoff is batting like someone who can't play at test level </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He He

Where is Chapman when you need him?

Don't you realise that he proved himself in 20-20 cricket?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew Jolly:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> What a lazy git Clarke is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please explain? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't hear fully as someone had the hoover going but thought Greig said "Clarke's still in his hotel room in bed."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Couldn't hear fully as someone had the hoover going but thought Greig said "Clarke's still in his hotel room in bed." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's resting the muscle spasm in his back. He was off pretty much all day yesterday and so can't bat for Australia until no.7.

They're checking on his back at lunch to see if he can come to the ground.

On the cricinfo scoreboard there is a 'player vs player' link

it gives you all the info on how each bowler has done against each batsman. It shows how the runs were scored - number of 0's, 1's 2's etc

but theres also a column for -1's

vaughan scored a -1 off of gillespie

anyone know what that means?

Archived