The Big One. England v Australia. The Ashes. Cricket. Spoliers.

wycombe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

we play the winners, mon the bears, if anyone can get me a ticket let me know icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aren't the Semis and Final on the same day at the Oval? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, me and a mate want to go, but don't think we'll be able to get tickets, in fact I think they've already been sold.

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason Crawley:

If Surrey lose, do you reckon that as they're hosting finals day they'll kick up enough of a fuss to force a rematch with Warks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sebs:

hahaha how hard can it fooking be? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess they're just not used to bowling at the stumps, if you see the hawk eye during tests etc, there's hardly any balls bowled that would hit the stumps. As you can see by the amount of balls going past the off stump.

then again I know I could hit them, full toss at the base off the middle stump would be the most accurate surely?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sebs:

leics vs middlesex was awesome ackshully. charl willoughby is a hero </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About time Charl stepped up and delivered a big performance tbh.

Mongia has been left out of the India squad today so I presume he'll be on his way back - I think I'd rather keep Rogers now though :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Demand for tickets for this Ashes series has been unprecedented, but according to MCC, around 150 seats per day are likely to be available on each morning of the Lord's Test. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SCRAMBLE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Demand for tickets for this Ashes series has been unprecedented, but according to MCC, around 150 seats per day are likely to be available on each morning of the Lord's Test. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SCRAMBLE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I didn't need to save money for my holiday, I would have been down their first thing Thursday!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

Play has resumed at Old Trafford \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep and we're picking up the run rate, not fast enough though.

80/3 23.1 overs

Sutcliffe 49*

the weather doesn't look promising though.

world cup groups drawn:

group a (matches played at st kitts and nevis)

australia

south africa

scotland

holland

haha, oh well scotland

group b

sri lanka

india

bangladesh

bermuda

group c

new zealand

england

kenya

canada

group d

pakistan

west indies

zimbabwe

ireland

imagine ireland beat zimbabwe...

warm up matches for home nations:

march 5th

england vs bermuda

sri lanka vs scotland

march 6th

pakistan vs ireland

march 8th

ireland vs canada

scotland vs bangladesh

march 9th

australia vs england \o/ \o/

march 11th - opening ceremony

urrr, two days before the cricket starts icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

two group stages icon_redface.gif, win our group we'd probably be in the same group as the aussies, lose and it's probably sri lanka and the west indies or pakistan.

http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/WORLD_CUPS/WC2007/match_schedule.html

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

If you ignore the fact that a tennis ball is a different size and weight to a crikeet ball and it won't swing like the white ball then it's gonna be a conclusive experiment ;0

But yeah, it was quite embarassing how poor some of the efforts were </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, it can only be the pressure of the occasion, i've played village and club cricket with fellas that can hit the stumps 4 out of 5 times.

As for the ball swinging, it's not much of an excuse, just hold the ball across the seam?

not too bad for Scotland, they've at least got a chance of winning one, whereas in the other groups (in theory at least) they should'nt have. If their games against Aus and RSA are rained off and they beat Holland then they'll qualify icon_biggrin.gif shame it's not being held in Manchester, and yeah Ireland could beat Zimbabwe icon_biggrin.gif

liam plunkett and stuart broad will be taking the wickets for us by then icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We might even have dropped Goughy by then as well icon_biggrin.gif

i think bangladesh would have prefered to have been drawn against non subcontinent sides too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they'd just have prefered to play Australia tbhicon_biggrin.gif

Archived