FM2008 - The Offical Harpenden Town Thread

Manumoss

This is one of the first for this version, and the first to succeed. You creating you a few weeks after this is just copying. Why not just play this one instead of making another almost exactly like this?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Linfield Fc:

lost my first 2 games in bss

Unlucky mate.

What is your line up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ill post my lineup tommorow but i won the next 2 matches after that

Originally posted by drhenry:

Hmm...

I think I will try this challenge.

Providing, of course, I can get the save file thingy to work.

You should definitly give it a go, its great fun!

Just follow the instuctions on page 1 a few posts down.

Im going to try and get Cleon to change the first post for me, to what it is in the Challenges forum.

Originally posted by Manumoss:

im happy with some of the transfers i've made icon_smile.gif

Good, whos been your best signing?

Im trying for Robbie Fowler ATM, but have found a few brilliant Polish ST's for cheap!

Also got 2 LBs in for next year and a new GK.

Hopefully next season I will get a budget to improve my team, as I wont go up without it IMO.

Only in 17th now, Jurak and Balde injured, Sedziak 9 hours without a goal!

alright people this looks great im just starting out just signed a bunch of frees and hopeing for the best with my tactics lol. Im running the spl and all the english leagues with poland romania and bulgaria players loaded i'll post the progress in here.

thanks Arsenal_2111 for this challenge

Originally posted by nade.14.:

alright people this looks great im just starting out just signed a bunch of frees and hopeing for the best with my tactics lol. Im running the spl and all the english leagues with poland romania and bulgaria players loaded i'll post the progress in here.

thanks Arsenal_2111 for this challenge

Absolutly no problem, glad people are enjoying it!

Try having a look at DiscoStu's squad on the first page, and definitly buy

Mysiak

Balde

Jurak

Kosecki

Prusak

Szfulita(sp, LB IIRC)

I wish I was less unoriginal and could find my own players, rather than stealing all of yours icon_smile.gif

Dont worry about it, with LLM it is ALOT harder to find good players than higher league management.

But anyway - AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Why are my strikers all so rubbish!?!?!

Setanta Shield 1/4's, v Forest Green.

0-0 Full time

0-1 Half time extra time

With two minutes less Jurak skies an opportunity(1-on-1) from about the penalty

121st minute, My RB(Maden IIRC) crossed the ball in from the left, and Jurak got a great touch.

Took the ball away from ALL defenders, on the edge of the 6 yard box this time, then fired it over again icon_mad.gif

Thats it, im dropping him!

nade.14.

Thanks mateicon_smile.gif

I used

Leagues

England - Blue Square North/South +

Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Holland - top leagues.

All players from

Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Bulgaria, Poland, Romania

If your PC isnt too good then dont have France Holland or Germany loaded, just select all players from there.

DiscoStu

Do you mind if I send you an quick email?

Ive decided to start planning for FM09's Harpenden Town game, and would like some help from you as you have done so well on this save!

you could make Ben Harper less injury-prone as he gets injured to much on my game

(but he did score in the FA Cup qualifyers at the age of 14 icon_smile.gif )

FM09 Harpended Town?

I'm excited already - count me in!

I vote that you rename one of each of the players on the team after one of the few people who have started with Harpended.

But then when you become manager you will have two people on the game with your name!

Theres a few things that I am not going to talk about on here, but mainly it will be

<LI>New kits

<LI>New badge(icon_smile.gif)

<LI>New board member

And obviously, one more year of history!

Originally posted by Manumoss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

DiscoStu

Do you mind if I send you an quick email?

Ive decided to start planning for FM09's Harpenden Town game, and would like some help from you as you have done so well on this save!

you could make Ben Harper less injury-prone as he gets injured to much on my game

(but he did score in the FA Cup qualifyers at the age of 14 icon_smile.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me, theres big things planned for young Ben...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drhenry:

FM09 Harpended Town?

I'm excited already - count me in!

I vote that you rename one of each of the players on the team after one of the few people who have started with Harpended.

But then when you become manager you will have two people on the game with your name!

Theres a few things that I am not going to talk about on here, but mainly it will be

<LI>New kits

<LI>New badge(icon_smile.gif)

<LI>New board member

And obviously, one more year of history! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well... My Manager would be my real name, the player would be my forum name icon_smile.gif

Sounds good though. I think you should put yourself as the Chairman in the database.

Frazza Pee

Sorry mate, im only asking DiscoStu about the smaller things, im doing the majority myselficon_smile.gif

Its a long way off, anyway!

drhenry

Im not going to change the chairman, because I want it to be life like.

I might try to find a way to get my name in the save file thoughicon_smile.gif

Well, I'm only a few days into the game, but I have noticed that no-one wants to sign for me...

I signed Koseki (or something) and a 28-year old GK called Prusak, and Wolcjenic something (I think) wants to sign for me, but that is it... No-one wants to join on loan or sign. No-one loves me icon_frown.gif

Well, I'm only a few days into the game, but I have noticed that no-one wants to sign for me...

I signed Koseki (or something) and a 28-year old GK called Prusak, and Wolcjenic something (I think) wants to sign for me, but that is it... No-one wants to join on loan or sign. No-one loves me icon_frown.gif

Did you look at DiscoStu's screenshots on the first page?

Lots of good players on there!

First place I went to mate. While a few of the players weren't on my database, most of the others didn't want to join me.

Of course, I have signed a 23-yr-old DM (Maciek Majciak I think) whom my A.M believes would be a leading Championship player, Wolcjenic Jurak (17-yr-old-ST), Prusak and Kosecki.

Yikes!

First match was a friendly against my parent team, Watford (who haven't sent me any players).

4-1 down at half-time, Ben Harper not making up for four goals scored by a loanee from Fulham. Second half things were looking up when Harper got his second, but then conceding too much dashed my hopes of a wonderful comeback.

Got a goal in the last minute though...

6-3 isn't TOO bad against a Championship side who have only just played together.

Archived