FM2008 - The Offical Harpenden Town Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, I think 2nd season will be tough.

A lot of my players are attracting interest from bigger clubs; Vasseur - my key centreback - has already signed a contract with Walsall, Walsall has offered my goalkeeper Prusak a contract and also Preston and Cardiff are interested, Notts County has offered Preis a contract, with Bristol Rovers, Port Vale and Huddersfield interested, too.

Dutheil is attracting interest from Chesterfield, 12 clubs are interested in Onesta, Mysiak are wanted by Chesterfield, Lincoln and Yeovil, 27(!) clubs are interested in my star leftback Andreas Nilsson, and Abela is wanted by 11 clubs.

Hopefully they'll stay, but it seems hard as I'm only able to offer amateur contracts.

I better start looking for some replacements icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by NozEE:

Whoa!

Harpenden has just turned semi-pro and then pro in one day icon_cool.gif

I bet I'll be able to keep a lot of players at the club now!

The future looks bright!

So you're fully professional?!

Im still semi and am almost 5th season!

BTW, play off hopes have gone after playing 3 of top 4 in 3 consecutive game, drawing all 3.

Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NozEE:

Whoa!

Harpenden has just turned semi-pro and then pro in one day icon_cool.gif

I bet I'll be able to keep a lot of players at the club now!

The future looks bright!

So you're fully professional?!

Im still semi and am almost 5th season!

BTW, play off hopes have gone after playing 3 of top 4 in 3 consecutive game, drawing all 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, crazy.

Well, yes we're fully pros now. It's weird, though, that you're still only semi-pros icon_confused.gif

I haven't got the access to my save right now, but I haven't been giving any transferbudget yet, though, and my wagebudget is very small...

Yes, that's no good icon_smile.gif

If you're struggling in Blue Square Premier, arsenal, I recommend Wes Fogden as a winger and Tommy Fraser as a midfielder. They've helped me a lot in BSP.

Besides those, I got in Will Hoskins and Cedric Avinel on loan, and they've been really great too.

I'll report back at some point with a season 2 update! icon_smile.gif

Season 2 finished, and The Harps keep marching on!

Competition was of course somewhat harder than last season, but we managed to win the league with 13 points anyway.

Final league table:

th_54476_finalleague_122_568lo.jpg

The F.A. Cup saw Harpenden knocked out in the second round after a 1-4 defeat against Championship side Preston. Not much to do in this match - we were simply not good enough:

th_54364_facup_122_625lo.jpg

In the F.A. Trophy we were to defend the title, but a dissapointing defeat against Aldershot already in the 1st round, stopped that dream:

th_54375_fatrophy_122_407lo.jpg

The Setana Shield where then a main priority, but another dissapointing defeat in the Quater Finals against Rushden, saw Harpenden without any cup titles this season:

th_54478_setana_122_1117lo.jpg

Player of the season where without a doubt the loansigning Will Hoskins, whose goals propelled us through the league:

th_54376_hoskins_122_75lo.jpg

And then after two seasons, Harpenden finally turned pros:

th_54379_pros_122_721lo.jpg

We were then given a 500k transferbudget, but I haven't spend any money on transfers yet, and probably won't, as we've managed to sign some really good players on a free transfer:

Alvarez, my striker-hope for the next season:

th_54354_alverez_122_473lo.jpg

Ekwueme, probably my best player stats-wise at the moment:

th_54362_ekwueme_122_106lo.jpg

I have high expectations for this guy for the next season. Will probably become a key player:

th_54363_esquerdinha_122_176lo.jpg

Martis, my sensation signing from West Bromwich, and my new rock in the backline:

th_54378_martis_122_154lo.jpg

Together with Ekwueme this guy will make a tough midfield to break through:

th_54384_raineau_122_7lo.jpg

And finally a new goalkeeper was needed, which resulted in this guy coming in:

th_54483_velaphi_122_166lo.jpg

After that signing, I saw no less than Preston Edwards interested in joining on a free transfer, which I just couldn't resist. He'll become a valueable player in a few years:

th_54356_edwards_122_148lo.jpg

Overall, some amazing players if I must say so, and I'm pretty confident that we'll be able to achieve our 3rd consecutive promotion in a row.

Next update probably around january or just when the season's finished icon_smile.gif

Haha, nice screenshot icon_biggrin.gif

Btw, regarding Ben Harper, he's been playing amazingly for me this season although his stats aren't that great.

@drhenry:

I'm done with the 3rd season shortly, and I'll post a screenshot then.

Mysiak isn't good enough for Coca Cola league 2. Good in the lower leagues, though icon_smile.gif

Btw, regarding Ben Harper, he's been playing amazingly for me this season although his stats aren't that great.

@drhenry:

Mysiak isn't good enough for Coca Cola league 2. Good in the lower leagues, though icon_smile.gif

How are you doing?

Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NozEE:

@drhenry:

How are you doing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2 games to go, and we're sitting in first place 24 points clear of Bristol Rovers in 2nd place - only 3 defeats in the league so far icon_smile.gif

After a horrible start, the team started to gel and we were on a 37 games undefeated run in the league from 29.8.2009 to 20.3.2010!

Ben Harper has been amazing with 21 goals and 17 assists in 48(4) games - and he's still only 16 icon_cool.gif

@drhenry:

If it is the same Mysiak I have, it said he would be a leading star for Championship.

Unfortunately... Grimsby just stole him from me icon_frown.gif

I also lost to Sunderland 1-0 in the FA Cup icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by drhenry:

@drhenry:

If it is the same Mysiak I have, it said he would be a leading star for Championship.

Unfortunately... Grimsby just stole him from me icon_frown.gif

I also lost to Sunderland 1-0 in the FA Cup icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maciej Mysiak, right? I released him on a free before the start of this season and he then retired as he couldn't find a new club.

Well I guess stats are random at this level icon_smile.gif

A little update.

We absolutely cruised through the Coca Cola League 2, including af record breaking 37 games unbeaten run!

Final league table:

th_51263_league_122_843lo.jpg

We lost 1-2 in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy semi finals against Plymouth, and in the 4th round of the F.A. Cup when we bumped into Newcastle - a 1-3 defeat wasn't so bad, though, and we couldn't have expected to move on.

So no cup titles this season either, but the main priority was to win promotion anyway.

For the next season, I have high expectations again. I seriously feel we have one of the best teams in the league, and to be honest I'd be dissapointed if we don't achieve promotion once again.

Take a look at those brilliant players who'll be putting on the Harpenden shirt next season and hopefully will tear the league apart:

Jovanovic - a new centreback:

th_51144_jovanovic_122_889lo.jpg

Sagredo, my new striker/left wing:

th_51162_sagredo_122_490lo.jpg

Scarpelli - what a striker!

th_51181_scarpelli_122_900lo.jpg

Then I've signed some youngsters who I hope will develop into future firstteamers:

Podgornik:

th_51160_podgornik_122_248lo.jpg

Jeff Santos:

th_51175_santos_122_556lo.jpg

Toccaceli:

th_51194_toccaceli_122_1072lo.jpg

Cazzaro:

th_51142_cazzaro_122_231lo.jpg

And last but definately not least, David Campbell - already one of my best players. Tottenham, Aston Villa and Birmingham where all interested, but he chose the allmighty Harps instead icon_cool.gif

th_51140_campbell_122_1085lo.jpg

Here's my current squad. Will definately be a serious contender for the league title, and actually I think this current team has a chance of doing well in the Championship:

th_51187_team_122_346lo.jpg

My next goal is to improve the training facilities while signing some good coaches and atleast one more scout.

Happy gaming icon_smile.gif

Haha, that's priceless. Never seen an own goal from that far out before icon_smile.gif

Yeah, I've been playing LLM with Rushden & Diamonds since 99/00 I think, but haven't played LLM since FM05 due to time issues, so it's nice to try it out again.

Awesome Goal.

Unfortunately, with time restrictions, I am still in my first season icon_smile.gif

Going strong though, still in everything except FA Cup (Stupid Sunderland) and winning the league by miles.

The very same Mysiak was great for me, shame he left.

A little update while you guys are online icon_smile.gif

I'm currently 1st, 4 points ahead of number 2 after 19 games. Had a bad run at the start of the season like last year, but 7 games won in a row propelled us to the top where hopefully we'll stay icon_smile.gif

Just won the Coca Cola League 1, too.

I don't know if I'll make any more comprehensive updates if not any more players start writing in here...

I've started a Man City game to try playing with some of the best talents in the game, so I guess I'll spend a little time on that, while keeping an eye on this thread icon_smile.gif

Hello fello managers!

Im a manager from Norway, been playing CM/FM since 1997, mostly LLM. Never really bothered with posting on forums, only reading them for hours every day.

Anyway, this is simply an amazing thread! I can hardly wait until I get my new computer, then Harpenden will be my first destination. However, I would really appreciate it if one of you could walk me through the whole implenting of the database and stuff, as I tried and just couldnt make it work at my friends house the other day.

Thanks in advantage, cheers to arsenal_2111 for creating this challenge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived