FM2008 - The Offical Harpenden Town Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
es

*Brings thread back up quickly*

Well, after my aforementioned 6-3 defeat to Watford, since I didn't bother with any other friendlies, I jumped straight into the BSS.

Losing my first game (2-1 away), I won my first home game 2-1, before drawing 0-0 to St Albans.

Won my next three games and I am now 7th in the table... Not to bad for 5 games in...

Going to continue in about 30 minutes... Wish I had managed to get some better strikers. Jurak is doing well, but M. Osbourne, his partner, isn't brilliant. He has scored a few though.

Originally posted by drhenry:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">es

*Brings thread back up quickly*

Well, after my aforementioned 6-3 defeat to Watford, since I didn't bother with any other friendlies, I jumped straight into the BSS.

Losing my first game (2-1 away), I won my first home game 2-1, before drawing 0-0 to St Albans.

Won my next three games and I am now 7th in the table... Not to bad for 5 games in...

Going to continue in about 30 minutes... Wish I had managed to get some better strikers. Jurak is doing well, but M. Osbourne, his partner, isn't brilliant. He has scored a few though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done... Did you get Kosecki? If so, try him upfront.

Or Curtis Jackson, he did alright for me.

I have made a new badge for next year, just for Football Manager. It has Harpenden's council badge on it, but is changed slightly to fit a football club.

I have also chosen a club sponcer, and a kit maker.

Lastly, I have decided on the final 6 kits, and asked someone to make them.

They should be ready soon, when i will decide which 3 are the best and get them into my FM09 folder.

Can we see the badge?

I have Kosecki, but I am using him as a midfielder... Haven't really got any better ones that can play in the League (when can Ben Harper play in the League?)

At 16.

I will upload the badge in a min.

Oh, and any other strikers or midfielders that are really good that I could get to actually join Harpenden? Most of the starlets from other people's saves wont join me.

I was so desperate for more players, and cover, that I signed players who would be "decent"

Oh, and any other strikers or midfielders that are really good that I could get to actually join Harpenden? Most of the starlets from other people's saves wont join me.

I was so desperate for more players, and cover, that I signed players who would be "decent"

Osei?

Look around the polish leagues, I have found many, many free class players from there.

Will do, thanks.

Is Osei a player, or just some random phrase?

Also... by your name I am going to assume that you support Arsenal... am I (for some reason) wrong?

Osei is a player, but forget about him. You wouldnt get a workpermit.

No, I dont support Arsenal. Thats my name. Its incredibly normal, but I still get teased icon_rolleyes.gif

Only joking, yes, I do support Arsenal.

Just a quick update played 21 games and top of the league only lost 2 games drew 3 and won 16 not a bad record on the go. In the 3rd round of the F.A cup and Setanta shield in the 4th round and F.A Trophy in the 2nd round enjoying the game couldn't attract the likes of Balde at the start of the season but got him recently waiting on him to produce. I would recommed a french guy i have ( most of my team is french lol) he's a striker Jerome Spinosi scored 21 goals for me and has 8 assists hope this helps

Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

Home kits

1 - arsenal_2111,

2 - jonahno6

Away/3rd kits

1 - arsenal_2111, jonahno6,

2 -

3 -

4 - jonahno6,

5 - arsenal_2111,

The Play it the Harpenden way is blurred on the 1st home kit.

All 7 kits are made by markcator3006.

Fabulous work by him, and he has kindly agreed to get them prepared so the chosen kits can be put into both this game and next game.

Also getting my new badge readyicon_smile.gif

Fair play to him, he has put in a lot of hard work into this!

Originally posted by LabbRatt:

hi, just starting a new game as apparently this is a great challenge. Anyone who can work wonders for me?

Well, what leagues did you load? That would affect which wonders you can get.

DiscoStu's post on the first page has a lot of the best players you should go for... Another lot of advice would be to scour the Polish Leagues (assuming you load players from poland) for some talent.

Best of Luck.

Archived