The Hibs & Romanov thread 06/07

ER, Hibs have to face Celtic in the final though - don't take it for granted that the Perth Saintees will lose!

Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen in Champions League would be a disaster for Scottish football, therefore I hope Old Firm get top two. They are doing well in Europe and the moment and another good season (unless Rangers/Celtic win their respective comps) will yield two extra UEFA Cup spots for Scotland. Therefore half of the SPL will be in Europe - from then on, more clubs will build up their finances and the gap will decrease (although increase between SPL/SFL but that's another issue).

So basically, Old Firm for the Leagues at the moment and anybody else (but Hearts icon_wink.gif) for the cups.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Aye, aye, aye 2 or 3 injuries and their bottle crashed. Simple as! A pub team demolishing the great Green Brazil. Only in the Scottish cup, eh?

*obviously trying to bait Richey* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not working icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Listened to all of that, brilliant stuff!

WE'RE INVINCIBLE! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And some have got a cheek to suggest we're getting carried away down here with a cup final appearance. I can't see it myself icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

GONNA BE A BLUE AND WHITE DAY icon_cool.gif

I went along to the reserve game today and McNeil is as bad as any keeper Hibs have. His kicking is possibly the worst I've seen recently, passed 2 right to Hearts players. Gifted us our goal after having it in his hands for a few seconds before dropping it for our striker. About 6 of his throw outs were too soft and intercepted and he topped it all by trying to take on a forward and losing the ball but it was a tight angle and only the side net was hit.

I'm touting him as the next Zibi icon_cool.gif

And Sowunmi has the touch of a blind elephant, several times today the ball went a full 10 yards away from him when he tried to control. Seems to have no idea of offside either and was cuahgt off every second Hibs attack. The one time he was on he totally fluffed a 1 on 1

I thought he looked decent in the highlights I've seen of him in the first game. His mistake for the goal was quite early on and maybe that made him feel the pressure more. As I say it was his kicking and throw outs were were shocking tbh and he tried to round a striker at one point losing the ball in the process.

No shots to test him though. About 4 shots the whole game probably

I dunno mate, really not sure icon_frown.gif All I can advise is to check official site & hibs.net.

Worth calling the club to see if you could get on a waiting list for returns.

If I'd checked here before I'd have got them for you but was in a hurry and awfy excited about getting my own.

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

That's what happens when you don't buy season tickets, even at a club like Hibs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These kind of mind games have been going on in the Leeds thread - siege mentality is all that's needed.

Champions of the diddy cup by Sundee evening.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aslan:

Rose St is Edinburgh right? I won't be there at all.

Is the train from Prestwick into Glasgow on strike? That's about £70 in a taxi. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rail strikes are likely to be suspended for a while, you should be ok.

icon_mad.gif MON KILLIE!!! icon_mad.gif

Hairycoo, I'll lend you my neighbours whippet so you'll match the guy next to you. Two Killie fans in the same stadium - I thought I'd never see the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

28,000 of us I think.

I'm in south upper like I was for Livi in with all the toffs. So not much singing icon_frown.gif

Although my mates coming round with the beers at 9am so we might be giving it laldy.

What time will the boozers be open from in Glasgow? There's nowhere near Hampeden worth drinking is there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tamtheman:

IF (and its a big if) hibs do somehow manage to "flair" their way to the diddy cup then we still have the song

You've won the league cup, we don't give a f***, Its 105 years in a row!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very wise to bait your biggest rivals while they're still in the Scottish Cup this season.... icon_biggrin.gif

Tamsons from half 9, Pollok Juniors at half 12, bricking it already. Hope it's a cracking day for everyone icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richey White:

Only worries I have is the weather. This should be as good a cup final as there's been in years to be honest, they're usually good games, don't want it ruined by snow/gales etc.

I'm sure Hampden's outstanding weather defences will keep everyone happy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blowing an absolute gale tonight. Here's hoping the wind lets up for tomorrow.

Oh, and best of luck to both sides. Both cracking teams who deserve a bit of silverware - a cracking, all out attack, 4-3 final would be a perfect advert for Scottish football. icon14.gif

Archived