The Hibs & Romanov thread 06/07

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

It's a bit pish (IMO) what has been going on at Hearts. If you had a Hearts man with bags of cash in charge then you would probably still have Pressley and Webster at the heart of your defence and Burley as your manager and would have challenged for the league last year and would be up there again this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, Webster was wanting out long before Vlad showed up. Not many fans were sorry to see him go. Good player, but a fecking first class tool.

• SI Staff

We're going through some tough times at the moment but we'll be back once we sort ourselves out and hopefully get someone in charge who is going to spend a bit of money.

I understand the bias with nationalities but think people take it too far, for the past month or 2 Miko has had to play with both Cesnauskis and Beslija being injured yet people want him dropped. When you ask who would replace him they don't know.

Against Hibs Janny was terrific but yeah he goes missing in most of his games.

I'd resigned myself to losing Gordon in the summer tbh but hope we'll get a decent amount for him. imo if he goes this month we're in deep **** but if its Vlad actually doing some forward planning and bringing the guy in for the summer then thats fine by me.

what rigby said on Webster, and as for Pressley, he was fading long before we let him go, has no pace whatsoever and dives whenever a forward gets near him. would have loved him to stay for his leadership but i'd not play him tbh. Zaliukas is gonna be a big player for us in the next few seasons (if he gets played in defence and not midfield) if he stays, looking better every game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo:

I understand the bias with nationalities but think people take it too far, for the past month or 2 Miko has had to play with both Cesnauskis and Beslija being injured yet people want him dropped. When you ask who would replace him they don't know.

Against Hibs Janny was terrific but yeah he goes missing in most of his games.

I'd resigned myself to losing Gordon in the summer tbh but hope we'll get a decent amount for him. imo if he goes this month we're in deep **** but if its Vlad actually doing some forward planning and bringing the guy in for the summer then thats fine by me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've known for ages Miko's gash and not just for the last few months either. Other managers have seen Miko for what he is and have benched him accordingly. However, with Valdas in charge history shows us that Miko plays no matter who we have fit. It just so happens that we have no other choice but to play him at this moment in time, but it would be better for all if Miko was to get shipped back to Coosanus and replaced with someone that can at least play half decent fitba with a ball at their feet .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Gow is not coming to Hibs Collins has confirmed. Made him an offer but he wants to go elsewhere.

Happy with that myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, seems like he may be coming to Rangers.

I'd assume that Brown will definitely be going nowhere in January now which is probably bad news for us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Rangers have more pressing matters - like finding a whole defence? Now, i don't claim to know the ins and outs of your club's problems, but whenever I've seen them the defence seems to be where all the problems stem from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No doubt about it mate. Unfortunately, the injury to Webster didn't help but I'm sure we're in the market for another defender nonetheless.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Very fitting that I should end this particular page by saying 'Hibs are pish' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So's your face icon_cool.gif

Long shot here but anyone who was at the game yesterday, what was the song people were the singing the chorus of at half time?

It was a general song rather than a football one I believe.

Well that was pretty impressive. Didn't think we'd win if we played the strongest team we could field so I was totally panicking when I saw all the bairns starting. Thoroughly deserved our win though and could have been more. Think Boozy and Sproule made a huge difference though.

kick on!

By whom - the Tic's or us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

celtic I think

• 2 weeks later...

Christ this thread doesn't half die when Romanov goes quiet. Is he not about due a mad turn, you're playing well after all. Gotta be thinking that if you can win on Sat and continue your run that 2nd is a distinct possibility.

John Park icon_frown.gif

We miss Killen already, hopefully we'll bring in a few folk and one will be a Killen/GOC type player.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Christ this thread doesn't half die when Romanov goes quiet. Is he not about due a mad turn, you're playing well after all. Gotta be thinking that if you can win on Sat and continue your run that 2nd is a distinct possibility.

John Park icon_frown.gif

We miss Killen already, hopefully we'll bring in a few folk and one will be a Killen/GOC type player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jambo's clearly happier when they've got something to moan about.

Striker and centre half please and no one leaving. Unless it's to England for mega money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo:

Shiny new stadium icon_cool.gif

5 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss in last 7 games icon14.gif

Keeper called up to the Scotland U21's today icon_smile.gif

Laryea Kingston and Gogita Gogua

Times are good to be a Jambo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gogita Gogua \o/

To be paid in the region of £15k a week apparently?

aye heard that too althuogh also heard it's 15000Euros meaning around £7,500.

He does look ace though from the clip i saw which was 8 minutes long, never loses the ball and his passing looked amazing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£10,000 more like.

John Park icon_frown.gif

We miss Killen already, hopefully we'll bring in a few folk and one will be a Killen/GOC type player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hibs are pish. Ya dirty Hibby ****

Does that count as a happy constructive post?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Broon come on down... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To Parkhead where he said he wants to goicon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

To Parkhead where he said he wants to goicon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nonsense. That's where McLies said he wanted to go and got a rollicking from Brown about it as well.

Thomson may prefer Celtic but Brown will come to us before anyone.

Archived