The Hibs & Romanov thread 06/07

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect you'll need a couple of goals to take with you to Greece.

In saying that you do look reasonably strong at the back and have a couple of Greek players who know what the atmosphere is all about over there.

Good luck, you chaps can do it.

Having to buy my tickets at Murrayfield tonight as the TO at Tynecastle sucks major donkey's baws. Did they waste anytime taking the £70 from my CC, naw, naw they fecking didn't. A bunch of useless *****.

Romanov bangs on about how everyone should get behind their club. Well, maybe he should start by replacing our shambolic ticket office as not one of those fecker gives two ****s whether or not the fans get their tickets. There's still thousands a' fans waiting to get their season tickets ffs.

AEK probable lineup tonight:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Sorrentino |

| |

| Dellas Cirillo |

|Pautasso Georgeas |

| |

| |

| Emerson |

| |

| Ivic |

|Lagos Cesar |

| |

| Lyberopoulos |

| Kapetanos |

|________________________________________|

Coach : Lorenzo Serra Ferrer

</pre>

So that's a normal 4-4-2. I've got serious doubts about Dellas' fitness. He was way out of form last year and he's never been the same after last summer's injury. Cirillo is very quick though and tough to beat. Lagos is a new signing and a very hot prospect in Greek football. He's a left full back but can play on the right side too. Cesar is very quick on the right side but he tends to waste too many chances. With 'Lybe' and Kapetanos up front, AEK lack pace and they'll surely be looking to convert any set piece they win. 'Lybe' is very experienced in European competitions though and Hearts should definitely watch him closely. It is rumored that Liverpool will be having their eye on Kapetanos tonight (another hot prospect) and he'll no doubt want to impress.

Bah, not as good as having a sub.

AEK will have an advantage wherein our home tie is actually being played on neutral ground. However, looking back over AEK's last few European ties, i don't think they're any great shakes either. So it might not be as one-sided as I think it may be.

ffs its on the news that Jankauskas, Brellier and Cesnauskis are all set to miss the game with an illness.

We have no MC fit apart from Aguiar ffs, Hartley and Tall injured, Brellier ill and Johnson has signed for Bristol City icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Ouch...

Can't see you scoring twice in Greece.

Do you parachute into the UEFA? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup, they'd be heading for the "wee competition" they kept slagging us off about icon14.gif I know it's being bitter, but I doubt Gordon will be going on about "we could get to the last 16" now

Only 2 goals in 32 (or was it 33) shots? The GQers won't be happy with that.

Were Hearts off there game tonight? Or does that game reflect the difference between the sides? I'd go for the latter. I can't see Romanov making much of an impression in Europe unless he starts looking for a different calibre of player

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Guy From The Sunny Place:

Our players are not top notch, still we made it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Made it where...? If you don't win next week, you've only made the UEFA Cup... icon_biggrin.gif

Qualifiers don't count. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Guy From The Sunny Place:

Our players are not top notch, still we made it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Made it where...? If you don't win next week, you've only made the UEFA Cup... icon_biggrin.gif

Qualifiers don't count. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't need to win they just need to make sure they don't lose by more than 2 clear goals and you mean in 2 weeks time icon_wink.gif

Archived