[FM10] Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour: The Reprise

rancer890

The setup: FM2010 10.3

The leagues (no xml files after the Chinese Second Division Debacle in the Life Outside the Lower Leagues...):

• Argentina
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brazil (top 2)
  • China
  • England
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Holland
  • Hong Kong
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Malaysia
  • Mexico
  • N. Ireland
  • Portugal
  • Russia
  • Scotland
  • Serbia
  • South Africa
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Turkey
  • USA
  • Wales

I had originally wanted to not include Wales and add 2000+ players, but I had a total of 69 leagues, and not liking the number (:p), I added the Welsh league. So this save has 70 leagues. It's a better setup than my previous game save. More leagues and might try some new countries. And all football regions are represented (except OFC of course).

Past experience is Pro footballer. Sunday league never gets me anything (except this one time a Russian first division club with 3 bloody points after 20 games wanted me). Semi-pro will get me some jobs, but nothing very enticing. Pro footballer will get me jobs I want, and most of the time I start in Asia (or MLS) anyways.

Start of this game will be January 2009. So time to go a little job hunting!

Career Summary

Club Summary

[font=Courier New]Year      Team        League       Country     G -  W -  D -  T -  F -  A -  DIF    Annual Wage    Days
2009      ---------------------UNEMPLOYED---------------------------------------    $         0     208
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5320953&postcount=7"]2009[/url]      Tianjin     Super League   China    13 -  8 -  4 -  1 - 24 - 10 - + 14    $    75,200     ---
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career Totals                                 13 -  8 -  4 -  1 - 24 - 10 - + 14    $    75,200     365
[/font]

International Management Summary

[font=Courier New]Year      Country     G  - W - D - T - F - A - DIF   Achievements

[/font]

Career History

• July 30, 2009: Hired by Tianjin TEDA (Chinese Super League) and signed to a 2.5 year contract worth US$180,000 a year.

Awards

• October 1, 2009: Chinese Super League Manager of the Month (Tianjin TEDA)

July 30, 2009

TedaNew.png

After over half a year of being unemployed, Ricky Nakano finally has a job, at Tianjin TEDA of the Chinese Super League, replacing former Dutch international Arie Haan. A transfer kitty of $525k, along with a $2.2 million/year wage budget was tempting as well. They have a little more than $6 million in the bank, and have a good club setup with adequate training and youth facilities with an academy.

Tianjin is located in Northeastern China, the sixth largest city in the country. The northeast is mountainous like the northwest, and many plains as well, since it's near the ocean. The majority of the population are Han Chinese, with limited minorities like the Mongols and Koreans.

Here are some pictures of the stadium, TEDA stadium. It's a 37,540 all seater and the club pays $240k rent a year.

Standings

I'll undergo an evaluation of the club in the next few games. I'm sticking with the 4-4-2 diamond formation for now.

Tianjin TEDA

August 2009

tianjinteda.jpg

It was a good month for me to start my career at Tianjin. The Chanba match was just one to help me understand all the players. Shenzhen have been struggling all season so to take 3 points was a huge plus for us. The Chengdu game was 0-0 until Xinxin scored off a wild scramble in the 92nd minute. We were unlucky to win against Hangzhou but a draw was the likeliest result. Beijing are the CSL holders for a reason. We drew first blood but once we gave up that first one in the 40th minute we had a hard time containing their players. The Jiangsu match which ended our was like a roller coaster. We were down 2 after only 23 minutes but a motivational team talk by me helped the club storm back until the 90th minute with the goal by Miladin to get a point. We had 4 other quality opportunities to win but we couldn't execute, and one of our shots was a goal but it was called off due to off-sides.

Overall, it's been very encouraging. We're now 9th. The transfer window is going to close but I'm happy with my squad and I don't intend to sign anyone. We did sell a goalkeeper for $8k and loaned out another player.

Injury List

• Cao Yang - DR/DL - torn calf muscle - 4-5 months (there goes my very reliable defender out for the rest of the season...)
  • Ma Leilei - AML/AMC - strained knee ligaments - 5-6 weeks (starting LM)

Looking ahead

Next month is only 3 games, against Changsha (H), Qingdao (H), and Dalian (A). It's important to win these games to keep our slim hopes of qualifying to the Champions League (top 4) alive, 6 points behind Shandong with 7 games left.

Tianjin TEDA

September 2009

tianjinteda.jpg

12th: vs Changsha - we dominated this and it could have been more. I started Shapourzadeh up front and he nearly got a hat-trick. One of his goals were called off back for offsides

19th: vs Qingdao - scoreline doesn't do justice. We had many opportunities but we only scored one. A header by Chen was called off because of a foul.

26th: at Dalian - another fantastic performance by the club. The whole squad is really gelling.

Standings

4 points behind Shandong now. The remaining games are against Shenhua (H), Guangzhou (A), Chongqing (H), and Henan (H).

Tianjin TEDA

October/November 2009

tianjinteda.jpg

A solid few matches to end the season. However, the Guangzhou result really did cost us...we had the lead just to give it up twice.

Standings

End of season update coming. It wasn't as close as it seemed as Shandong locked up 4th with two games remaining (they had a better head-to-head against us)

Tianjin TEDA

120px-Logo_Tianjin_Teda.jpg

Media Prediction: 6th

Finishing Position: 4th

Club

Squad | Finances | Transfers | Future Transfers

Not the best value for the money the club paid for the new foreigners. Miladin, a free transfer, was the best of the 4. The future transfer wasn't my decision either, and I don't like the new player coming in next season.

Key Players

GK - Yang Jun - Chinese international and one of the better goalies in the country

DR/DL - Cao Yang - Chinese international who's a big part of my defense. He'll be ready next season to help us aim for the domestic title

DC - Marko Zoric - another foreigner who's an important player to the club

DR/MR - Darko Miladin - a stabilizing force on the right side of the pitch the time I was at the club

AMC - Isiaka Olawale - a talented player but hasn't settled into China yet

ST - Jiang Chen - our leading goal scorer. He has some talent to do well in the CSL

Information

Overview | Stadium and Facilities | Affiliates

Goals for the future

• better Chinese players at the club
  • Champions League qualification

[font=Courier New]Year      Team        League       Country     Finishing Position
2009      Tianjin     Super League   China                    [url="http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7792/chinesesuperleague.png"]4th[/url][/font]

Okay, the new youth intake at Tianjin just came...and well there is a bright future at the club! :D

Liu Bo - Personal - he has potential to be a good Super League midfielder. And he can play DM, and my tactics utilize one.

Han Wei - Personal - he's only 15 but I think he's already better than my current core of strikers! :D He definitely has the tools to succeed in China.

Also got a Chinese/Dutch youth too. He won't amount to much though.

I get facilities upgrades because I always ask the board but I never get stadium expansions. Ever. Not even a new stadium named after me. :( (although, we're nowhere near maxing out capacity at TEDA stadium)

Tianjin TEDA Off-season

March 1, 2010

Transfers

My only signing this winter (the other one wasn't my signing) was Zhao Ming, a young centreback. He's young and should provide depth at the position.

Also have some future transfers, and hoping to get rid of a couple more players.

Pre-season

tianjinteda.jpg

A solid group of pre-season games. Of course, I would have preferred to win all of them but my squad did well in all the games. My two new youth products did well in pre-season, but Liu Bo is already back at the U19s, and Han Wei as well, after suffering an injury in the Beijing IT match and nearly back up to fitness.

My schedule for March is: Chanba - FA Cup (A), Changchun (A), Dongya (H), Jiangsu (A)

I get facilities upgrades because I always ask the board but I never get stadium expansions. Ever. Not even a new stadium named after me. :( (although, we're nowhere near maxing out capacity at TEDA stadium)

Oh, I ask.

I just always get told "We have no money." Sometimes followed by "And stop bothering us."

Oh, I ask.

I just always get told "We have no money." Sometimes followed by "And stop bothering us."

The Chinese don't care. They'll always upgrade the facilities if the club has the cash. :D

The board will give in as I keep winning. And it seems to me that Chinese chairmen like to interfere a lot with transfers from my experience...no one worth the chairman selling over my head (yet) though.

Nice going so far. :thup: that Han Wei looks great.

I'm really liking your layout/formatting here. Don't mind if I copy some aspects do you? :)

Oh yes that's fine. Go ahead. It's a new format I'm trying out as I've seen some others do this as well.

Tianjin TEDA

March 2010

tianjinteda.jpg

11th - at Chanba: Chanba dominated. We had the lead but Chanba responded in the 88th minute. We lost on penalties.

20th - at Changchun: Once again we had the lead against Changchun, only to give it up 5 minutes later.

24th - vs Dongya: We outchanced them. We were the better team. But Dongya scored 2 goals with 1 shot. We lost because of a mental lapse and an own goal...

27th - at Jiangsu: we had more possession but Jiangsu had a lot more shots. My new tactic seems to help us control the ball possession game but we can't create chances.

Standings

Not a very good start...the whole squad is having trouble creating scoring chances.

Next month, we have Shenhua (H), Shenzhen (A), Guangzhou (H), Henan (H). With more home games hopefully we can move up the table.

Cheers SilentBob. Took a while but I'm back into FM now. :D

Tianjin TEDA

April 2010

tianjinteda.jpg

10th - vs Shenhua - pity we couldn't win this one. Lots of opportunities but we couldn't solve the Shenhua goalkeeper (or the goalposts for that matter).

13th - at Shenzhen - fielded a slightly different lineup because of short rest, but Han Wei scored his first 2 goals with the club.

17th - vs Guangzhou - we had 24 shots, but 21 were either off target or blocked. Also Han Wei got injured and would be out 3 weeks. Would take the one point but of course would have wanted 3 at home.

25th - vs Henan - striker crisis continues as Jiang Chen gets injured during injury time in the first half. Had a few more opportunities in the 2nd half but the 2 goals were enough to win the game

Standings

A lot better this month, even if we were at home most of the month. Due to the upcoming World Cup, we have 6 games in May and 1 in early June (4 away, 3 home). Of course, China never made the World Cup...After the World Cup, first game will be on July 13th vs Beijing.

I'll echo SilentBob and say good to see you back in here rancer :thup:

A steady start to life at Tianjin, hope things can pick up and you can challenge by the end of the season.

Cheers Raware. But where's your career thread? ;)

It's a bit of a roller coaster as far as consistency is concerned, but hopefully we can get on an unbeaten streak and move up the table.

Found it difficult to get into FM10 (particularly 10.3) as I did with FM09. Plus i've been busy relocating back to the UK these past few months but i've reinstalled 10.2 and have a game going on that so may start a new thread up soon :D

Tianjin TEDA

May/June 2010

tianjinteda.jpg

Overall, a solid group of games. I won my home games and got some points on the road. We got a few injuries but we'll be fine next month. However, it is worrying that Han Wei already has 2 twisted knees and a groin strain this season...

Standings

In a 3-way tie, but the other teams hold a better head-2-head matchup. Also had a job offer but they were paying me less, with less resources, in debt, and would pay Tianjin $250k if I accepted. No thanks.

In other news, a former Chinese international with declining skills has been missing training and dislikes me for fining him 2 weeks (I fined him for a month's wages. I think anyone would be mad at that :p). I stripped him of his vice-captaincy role and he keeps rejecting offers because he wants more money. I wouldn't mind paying him to get this cancer off my team but I don't seem to have the option to...

Good news is that the World Cup is coming. Bad news is that I'm losing a potential $200k-400k in monthly profit...

In other news, a former Chinese international with declining skills has been missing training and dislikes me for fining him 2 weeks (I fined him for a month's wages. I think anyone would be mad at that :p). I stripped him of his vice-captaincy role and he keeps rejecting offers because he wants more money. I wouldn't mind paying him to get this cancer off my team but I don't seem to have the option to...

You can't release him on free transfer or offer mutual termination?

You can't release him on free transfer or offer mutual termination?

Jason, don't spoil future updates! :D

I meant that when you sell someone, and that player wants you to pay $X in wages because he accepted a lower offer from the other club.

But you kind of read my mind as you will see in the next Tianjin update (probably after I post the 2010WC update)

2010 World Cup in South Africa

Major countries not making the prestigious international tournament include:

• Africa: Cameroon, Ivory Coast
  • Europe: Portugal

Group Stage

Group A

Switzerland

Italy

Colombia

Mali

Group B

Chile

Germany

Egypt

Scotland

Group C

Morocco

Denmark

Spain

Australia

Group D

Russia

Paraguay

USA

South Africa

Group E

Brazil

England

Japan

Honduras

Group F

France

Argentina

Mexico

South Korea

Group G

Holland

Saudi Arabia

Nigeria

Czech Republic

Group H

Croatia

Romania

Burkino Faso

Iran

Second Round

Switzerland - Germany

Italy - Chile

Morocco - Paraguay

Russia - Denmark

Argentina - Brazil

England - France

Romania - Holland

Saudi Arabia - Croatia

Quarter-Final

Switzerland - Russia

Italy - Paraguay

Brazil - Croatia

England - Holland

Semi-Final

Russia - England

Paraguay - Brazil

3rd Place Playoff

Paraguay 0-1 Russia (Roman Pavlyuchenko 5)

World Cup Final

England e 1-0 Brazil (Rio Ferdinand 120+2)

Archived