The SOK Bumper Commentary Pack 2010

I'd love that file. I didn't go through it line for line before but rather picked out the best/funniest I saw while playing. I probably didn't realise those above ones were lines you'd actually added.

If you could send it over that would be awesome, we'll stick them all in for version 2. Our email is eatmysok@hotmail.co.uk

:thup:

Emailed the file.....happy inputting :)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for this.

Have been looking for a quality commentary pack and now it seems I've found it.

Have played a couple of games and noticed a few different lines so far, one of them being about the fans loving Gerrard for his massive contribution to the win.

I'm hoping all the others will come through and I'll see them too but so far, very impressive.

Nev - really appreciate that !

and that's a good spot - its a punctuation error in the sense that the bracket is flipped round the wrong way

It should therefore say Javier's instead . We will correct this right away. So far think that's the only error we have heard anyone come across from the 2000 lines - but let us know if you spot anything else.

I had the same error yesterday. It's no big deal but obviously would be better if it was fixed.

KUTGW though

Just come across another commentary error.

In my game v Hull, Jimmy Bullard was injured and had to come off (no surprise there).

When he was replaced, the commentary said "He's consoled by Bullard who comes on to replace him" when it was Liam Cooper who actually came on for him.

Hey boys,

I'm using FM 2008, have replaced the events file with the downloaded one, but now I cannot load any saved games due to crash dumps appearing. When I replace the new events file with my old one, the game works like a dream again. Is there any way around this or is it a no go?

Cheers,

Dovus

Just come across another commentary error.

In my game v Hull, Jimmy Bullard was injured and had to come off (no surprise there).

When he was replaced, the commentary said "He's consoled by Bullard who comes on to replace him" when it was Liam Cooper who actually came on for him.

Hey Earnie

Don't worry this has already been fixed for version 2, along with any other errors we found.

Thanks for doing this commentary pack, great work all round.

But, you really have to lose the "Boof! eat my goal!" line.

Cheers dking - we had stuck that in for the Patridge fans marmite line.. I wasn't a fan of it myself but my other colleague was !

Hey guys just an update - as most of you are aware Version 2 is still in the works and we've been going about it in a more orderly way.. Our release date will be soon and we will keep you all in the loop. One thing for sure though is that you will see bags more variety which will.. with a bit of luck improve your match day experience. For those who want more specific info on what we have done/are doing email us at the address on the first page and we can fill you in in more detail.

Also if there are any lines in version 1 that you really don't like or are seeing too often please pm me them and if needs be we can take them out and freshen them up for you.

cheers guys

Cheers dking - no problem we had just stuck that in for the Patridge fans but will remove it from our next one - marmite line.. I wasn't a fan of it myself but my other colleague was -

Sorry but no go!

Fave of mine and a couple of other posters. Can't please all. :)

Very good commentary pack, good work. :thup:

When a player clears the ball of the line, is there anychance you can add the line for that player saying.

player Saved [Teams] bacon there.

So it would look like this on the game,

The ball is cleared off the line by John Terry.

Terry saved Chelsea's bacon there.

Very good commentary pack, good work. :thup:

When a player clears the ball of the line, is there anychance you can add the line for that player saying.

player Saved [Teams] bacon there.

So it would look like this on the game,

Thanks for the positive feedback Barker. We will certainly put that in for you.

Our new pack is almost ready and we will be posting news on the front page of this post in the next day or so on version 2.. along with the release date so keep a look out chaps !

Hey guys,

So With the World Cup underway we have some more good news for you all...

We have set a release date for Version 2...

SOK will be returning to you on 18th June 2010

After the positive feedback from our first release we decided to take a slightly different approach to Version 2 and to input our lines Event (Scenario) by Event, rather than use a hap hazard approach and add lines to any Event we saw fit.

So we started from the first Event and 133 Events later we're pleased to announce that we have already added more than 900 new lines and will continue to add these on a daily basis up until the release of version 2. Just to give you an idea there are 1030 different Events in football manager and our ultimate goal is to have lines for every single one - so we will do our best to keep going until this has been acheived.

Just to give you a taster of some of the Event we have added more variety too :

Amazing Comebacks

Sending Off's

Questionable decisions and other controversies

Debut Goals

Shocking performances

Changes in formation

Dribbling and Skills

And much more...

A special thanks must go to Jolly and Seafire who have been a huge help to the team in coming up with a number of lines and implementing them. Also we would all like to thank Taipan for sending us his old pack, many lines of which we have also incorporated into the pack.

Ok guys that's all for now... Gotta get back to work ... Roll on the 18th

Hi all - still on course for release for friday - We've hit over the 1000 mark in terms of new lines and are confident the pack is ready for release. We are going to spend the next day or two testing and have it ready for release on Friday.

Ive put the Events file in all 3 update data locations, replacing the original events file, and also in the default data folder, again replacing the original, but the commentary remains the same as normal, do i need to start new game to make it work?

nope, disc version, not installed steam, put it in c:/programfiles/sportsinteractive/fm2010 etc, i followed the instructions in the OP as to the location to put it, but have put it in all the update locations, plus the default one, could that be the problem?

nope, disc version, not installed steam, put it in c:/programfiles/sportsinteractive/fm2010 etc, i followed the instructions in the OP as to the location to put it, but have put it in all the update locations, plus the default one, could that be the problem?

That's strange but it could be the reason. It should just go in your 1030 update location and work right away. PM me if it still doesn't work and we'll see how to help solve it.

Just found an error with this. I got a line saying "thats 34 wins on the spin for Barcelona" but i'm actually 34 games unbeaten and not 34 wins in a row as i've had 5 draws in those 34 games.

EDIT: and another error, in the next game got a line saying "we are looking at 35 straight victories"...

Archived