Liverpool relatated and in the Championship.

davejax

The 36th game of the seaon ends at Old Trafford with a 2-1 for the home side. The once mighty Liverpool and defending champions of Europe have done a Leeds and got themselves relegated. A few days short of May, Liverpool face the consequences. How the mighty have fallen. Almost a year ago it was Gerrard hoisting the CL trophy above his head in glory. Now the stark reality that they were to play in the Championship.

Of course it will be a long difficult season. There will be a lot of changes in player personal. Very rarely do you get players relegated wanting to fight for the club and get promotion. Usually the failures will want to go back to other clubs and try get glory.

This is the story.

The 36th game of the seaon ends at Old Trafford with a 2-1 for the home side. The once mighty Liverpool and defending champions of Europe have done a Leeds and got themselves relegated. A few days short of May, Liverpool face the consequences. How the mighty have fallen. Almost a year ago it was Gerrard hoisting the CL trophy above his head in glory. Now the stark reality that they were to play in the Championship.

Of course it will be a long difficult season. There will be a lot of changes in player personal. Very rarely do you get players relegated wanting to fight for the club and get promotion. Usually the failures will want to go back to other clubs and try get glory.

This is the story.

The first game after the trauma of relegation and the 37th of the seaon, Liverpool play in front of 45356 die hard supporters v Wigan. Also in over 10 million debt, Liverpool will have to sell their so called stars and rebuild. How the likes of Shankly would be turning in his grave if he knew the woe that had befallen his Liverpool.

The Reds reason for taking the drop is simple, results like this Wigan game. Throwing away a 3-1 at the once fortress Anfield to lose 3-4.

The road back will be long and arduous. The board will have to revaluate the club and also moving stadiums. Throw all this into perspective and its going to be the longest season in the clubs history.

To make matter so much worse, it was the team that hammered the final nail into Liverpools seaon that lifted the title from Chelski. ManUre took the honours of the PL and after a few missed seasons are where they have been for the past decades, on top of the pile. Its a bitter pill for the likes of Liverpool to swallow and humiliation for their fans.

To make matters worth, the Reds travel to the Stadium of Light for the final game in the PL of the season and for both relegated sides for at least another year so to speak. This game will determine the team who comes stone last in the league. The 20th position and the whipping boys of the PL.

It was looking good ater Dukek on for a red carded Reina saved a first half penalty, but a brace in the second half saw them leap frog Liverpool into 19th.

Liverpools humiliation was evident on the players faces at the final whistle. Local boys Carra and Stevie G in tears as the die hards who had travelled ever proudly sang 'Youll never walk alone'.

A new era in the club was about to begin, for better or for worse.

Liverpool received a scant token of appreciation from the PL for being the whipping boys in the league. 600k is hardly enough to make a dent in the huge debt the club have gotten into.

It was looking all so usual during the season with the Reds winning the Club World Cup 4-1 v Sao Paulo and also the Euro Super Cup 1-0 v CSKA. The did the usual slip over December but never managed to get out of the rut and carried on sinking all the way to the bottom.

The only positive from the season was Nando who scored 30, assisted with 13 and got 7 man of the match awards.

Apart from that, there was little to justify not being relegated.

The season has hardly ended and the fun starts at Anfield. I release 5 players who were not good enough to get a contract. The bonus of a terrible month is that we get 6.75 million for CL revenue and cuts our debt to 5 million in the red.

In other news, Stuttgart take the Euro Cup and Inter the CL. Domestically Chelski thrash Magpies 6-0 for the FA Cup and Moyes is sent packing by the Toffees.

Knowing I need to be sensible about the relegation story, I move a lot of players from the reserves to the first squad as Im sure to lose my top stars. The like of Carson, Kirkland and Le Tallec are sent into the squad and waiting patiently just like i was.

I was no fool and was not willing to let players go until the transfer bidget was announced, any sales had to go to new players for the promotion battle.

I let Welsh go to Reading for a cut fee of 90k because he will never have featured in any of my sides.

Jol gets ousted from Spurs and stands in line with his P45 hoping for a little drinking money to forget his time at WHL.

As it stands, there has been little interest from any sides regarding my failures, so with any luck I will keep my main squad to get me back where we belong.

Its World Cup mainia in Germany and while teams are fighting for the right to be called the best, I am fighting inquiries about Carra and Riise from the Gooners.

Garcia is also being touted and will let him go if he gets a good price and can clear the club debt. Raven also leaves for 85k and although still small cash, it helps clear the debt and at this stage anything will do.

Although getting drop kicked from the PL and not getting passed the CL 1st phase, the Reds only drop 5 places to 8th in the Euro rankings thanks to the Super Cup and Club Cup victories.

On the transfer front, Im not even looking at players but trying to hand onto the players I have. Although I am destined to lose many, I will fight for the cause regardless. If a player wants to go, he can, but only for his worth.

I am currently fighting off offers from clubs for my top player for such low values, it would not even dent the interest for Romans unborn kids credit cards.

As expected, the board have given me a paltry budget of 850k but can use money from transfers to suplement my transfer kitty.

Nando is the obvious choice for his perfromances last season and is picked as the best of a bad bunch as the supporters player of the year.

The board receive 6 million for TV rights for the season and tell me to win the Championship and get the hell back to where we belong.

Im still getting ridiculous offer for my players and hence still no players that matter on their way out. Players can go if the prices are right.

Mannix leave for 55k and will be missed like a hole in the head or a zit on a fat chicks ass. So good riddence to bad rubbish, hopefully he can take the rest of the crap players away with him.

On the first day of transfer, the Reds lose over 20 players, mostly of free transfers. We only receive 375k in transfee fee and lost the likes of Mellor and Diao.

The embarresment gets worse for the Reds as they move into the 61000 New Anfield and its first competitive game will be in the Championship.

Another useless players get to leave, this time its Cheyrou to Pompey for 475k and money well worth taking. After 5 years at Liverpool the most action we saw from him was a pole dance at the xmas party and he got that wrong as well when he fell off the table and landed on a bottle, needless to say the story didnt go public and the players used to call him an ass.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

This is the stuff of dreams icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is SACRILIEGE!! icon_razz.gif What a nightmare.

Please tell me that Everton also took the drop. Two years in a row behind the bluenoses is bad enough - but relegation! Somebody take my shoelaces, quick.

(if you keep Gerrard and Cisse, it shouldn't be too hard to get back up. So what are they singing in the kop this year "Play up Pompey. . .er Pool!")

Raptor...2 things...dont be so cheerful seeing the Reds in the Championship. We going to bounce up and win the PL next season ;-)

Also, like a tit, I spelt relegated wrong in the story line heading (just like a Toffee...haha) please can you change it so its spelt correct...Thks mate.

Nadessico...only thing is that Everton in the Championship is not that far off IRL...haha...just jokes...

uskopite...Everton stayed up to my disgust...just hold thumbs that I make it back up or I might need your shoelaces...

The first 'decent' player to leave the club is Houlliers young signing from France, Le Tallec. He leaves for Pompey in a 2.5 million deal. He stated he wants to play at a higher level club that has ambition.

Our current transfer available is @ 3.6 million but it will not be used unless the player is of top class quality and wants to play for the club.

In other news, the unshaven Agrie Bargies beat the unshaven Spainards in Germany. As usual the Agries had to see red but still went on to lift that little gold trophy.

So far so good in the tranfers, I was expecting the players to leave but so far the main boys have stuck it out and seem determined to right their wrong of the previous season.

The first friendly of the season at the Hawthorns see the Red lose 3-0 despite have goals disallowed and a few close chances, Im happy with the performance. My only concern is getting a striker who can net goals for the club apart from Nando.

Other promising news is that touted Reds player Garcia has pleged his future to the New Anfield club for the forseeable future.

Our next friendly see us travel to Swindon, all bench players get a start for the game and stars off well enough with a 3-0 halt time lead. Nando get a brace and Cisse the other. Swindon get 2 late goals but not enough. All the players need now is game time to get match fit.

A dissapointed Liverpool club looks on in anguish as the CL qualifiers get under way. Instead they have to plot a return to the top and face the fact they will play more games this season as well as be entered into the early rounds of the LC and FA Cups. No more 3rd round entries for the Reds.

Our 3rd friendly sees the cash ridden Reds take a bus from Liverpool to Storling, Scotland with the seaon squad of 21 who will be rotated through the season. No offer of any big money spinning friendlies, no jet setting around the world to market the club. That is a right that has to be earned. Goals from Garcia and Nando keep the 3750 fans happy as the Reds run out 2-0 winners. Much better in terms of chances set up by the midfielders and shots hitting the target. So far all seems on track and keeping me happy at this stage.

Our biggest trip for pre season see the team bus it to Amsterdam for the yearly tournament. Its a long drive and ferry trip and I issue a no drinking policy. The club is already in **** getting relegated, we dont need another episode to get the board and fans backs up.

Our fist outing in the semi is Hertha BSC. The German come our firing on all cylinders and take the lead. The Reds fire back to lead 2-1 but after Hoflands 70th minure red card, Hertha storm the Reds to score 2 late goals and win 3-2. Dudek is lost for a month injury and we will have to use Reina who is just returning from a long injury lay off.

The 3rd place play offs see us play Belgium outfit Anderlecht. Nando scores a 60th minute equaliser to take the game to penalties which Liverpool win after Reina makes 2 saves but also misses one himself. Its left to Riise to slot home the winning peanut to make the travelling Reds fans celebrate.

Dudek and Riise sign new contracts but talks have broken down with Aussie Kewell who wants a better salary. Our only hope is that we get promoted to get the funds to keep him at the club.

For our final warm up game, we travel to Cheltenham with a tired suqad of players who have fitted in good games to get fit for the season. The goal of the season is clear, get back into the PL first time of asking. We have used an attacking 442 and with the size and quality of the squad, should dominate the C in the coming season. Pako, my assist I kept after Rafa departed also agrees that unless we have a bad run of injuries, we will do just fine. The game is a dull boring affair until Crouch scores in the 70th minute. Carra get red in injury time and from the free kick Cheltenham get a corner that their keeper joins the attack only for the ball to be cleared to Kewell who scores from 70 yards out and get a 2-0 win.

Ever heard the saying 'it never rains but pours', well its like that @ New Anfield. Both first team keepers are out for the opening game in the new stadium. Reina Suspended and Dudek injured. On a positive note, Hammann and Finnan sign new deals at the club.

Liverpool also draw Darlington in the 1st round of the LC, no more favours for the once so called team of England.

Dowie's Palace side are the first to christen the New Anfield and with 55538 fans packed into the stadium on its debut. The Reds are soon to realise that this is erious stuff and its not easy to get out of the division with all the clubs fighting for top spot. Nando however comes to the rescue with a 2nd half volley to earn the 3 pts and get a win on the board.

Next up the Merseysiders in red are Sunderland @ the Stadium of Light. Sunderland finished 19th last season and took the drop with the Reds but lost the most of their players in the off season. An early Cisse cracker and late goal by sub Garcia gave the visitors a 2-1 win and 2 out of 2.

The Yorkshire side Leeds make a trip to New Anfield with the hope of taking the 3 pts from Liverpool. Always an exciting clash in the past, both sides went through the same fate of doing well in Europe only to be relegated. Goals from Nando and Crouch were not enough to save the game as Leeds ran out 3-2 winners and the first to take pts from Liverpool this season.

Reading host Liverpool and are unlucky not to get some sort of result after leading 2-1 late into the game, but an early Cisse goal along with a screamer from Crouch and an 86th minute free kick from Riise gives the Reds the pts and 3 from 4 wins and more importantly 9 pts.

Josemi the Rafa reject leaves for the Hawthorns in a 1.4 million deal and leaves me with my squad of 20.

After the win at Reading, I have decided to chage my tactic to 442 attacking but with a DM and AMC. We scored the late goals after changing to this and could work in the C. It will be tried out in the LC game v Darlington.

I answer please from Sinama Pongolle to play first team footy and peomote him to the first team and give him the AMC role in the LC match. Starts are also given to Dudek, Hamann and Sissoko and Alonso gets a rare start in the side. Dudek and Sissoko both play safe games but Pongolle assists twice and Alonso gets on the score sheet in a 4-1 win. Cisse bags a brace and Crouch the other.

Next to visit NA (New Anfield) are high flying Ipswich who are 3 placed above Liverpool in 2nd spot. Alonso recent forms wins him his place back in the side at the expense of D' Allesandro. Alonso fills the DM position allowing Gerrard to take the MR position with Kewell on the left and Garcia filling in behind Nando and Cisse. The new tactic looks to have done the job with Liverpool scoring 4 in the first half setting up a convincing 5-1 win. Cisse (2) Nando Garcia and Stevie G all hitting the back of the net and making the Reds shoot from 5th to 2nd a point behind Wolves.

Hamann, Finnan and Riise are still constant targets for loan by the PL sides, but no good firm offers on the table so they still part of the club with no intention of going elsewhere. No offers though got Stevie G or any of the top players in the side. With a balance of over 8 million, things are looking good for the Reds. Money is also coming in from the NA that has an average of 55000 and the next biggest is only 30000 with the rest of the teams in the 20000 mark.

Our next venue will always be a painful memory as Liverpool travel to Hillborough for a game v Wednesday. There is a tearful minute of silence well respected my both sets of fans and teams and ref Trevor Parks blows to get this emotional encounter underway. Liverpool run out easy winners with a 5-2 thrashing. a trio of goals for Nando and a brace from Cisse send the Reds top of the table as Wolves lose away. With 5 from 6 wins, things are looking up for the team.

I turn down 2 late bids for Trajore and Dudek for a combined 3 million but they both happy to stay with the side and the board are happy as there was a 3.2 million profit, so no need to sell players. The tranfers window closes until the new year so my squad is for the time being safe.

Cisse is pipped as the player of the month by Parkin. In an interview I stick my foot ni it with the FA for calling the adjudicators rotten. Parkin played 5 scored 1 and had 5 assists. Cisse played 7 scored 8 and assisted 4 times. In other awards, Agger my young full back came 3rd in the young player awards. I was duely awarded the manager of the month, but made it clear this accolade is only thanks to my team and their efforts and will consider it great when I get one in the PL.

September see us play 6 C games and 1 LC game v Blackburn of the PL. Notable games will include Leicester in 2nd and Wolves in 3rd.

Liverpool are growing in confidence with each and every game and showing more consistancy with 7 competitive scorers already. The tactics and hearts of the players are coming through the Liverbird worn on their hearts.

Next we visited bottom of the pile PNE at Deepdale and took the opportunity to rest players and give a few players a start to get game time. Often these games where you rest players come back and bite you in the ass, so I told the players in no uncertain terms that they are playing for a pla

sorry...my bad

place in the squad as a rotation player and would be given chances to prove themselves. If they failed they would be out the club or playing reserve team footy. The starting 11 answer my call and took a 4-0 HT lead but conceded 2 late goals and took the 3 pts in a 4-2 away win. Cisse took home the match ball and Garcia hit the 4th goal.

The now 4th placed Leicester come to NA and take on my full strength first team, no resting or experimenting here. Its the games like these we need to win convincingly to keep morale up and the board of your back. Goals in each half from LB Riise give the Red a deserved 2-0 win and all the pts from the encounter.

Liverpool of the C are favourites to beat Brackburn of the PL in the 2nd round of the LC. But nothing changes and we are using this to give players a rest and chances to those on the fringes of the team. Despite losing Hyypia and Zenden to injuries in the first half, the Reds rallied and goals from Pongolle, a Crouch peanut and a Riise Free Kick, to win 3-1 after a late charge from the PL outfit. In the end it was the C team that took the spoils with the players given chances like Pongolle, Sissoko and Traore doing well and impressing.

While we got the bad news that Hyypia and Zenden were out for 2 weeks, we also got the draw for the next round of the LC. A home tie to PL outfit Cardiff.

The game v 22nd placed Forest away would be testing to say the least. Hyypia and Zenden out injured and Ciise tired and being given a much needed rest. The strikers would be Nando and Crouch with Pongolle on the bench and Garcia playing behind the strikers. With Forest playing a defensive game at home, it was just down to Liverpool to wear them out and Garcia scored a first half penalty and Crouch doubled the lead in the last quarter to get his 5th of the season. It was little wonder Forest were so poor, they never had a shot on target all day as opposed to Liverpool 10. Riise

Riise wins his 3rd MOM award of the season and has help Liverpool to 6 consecutive wins in the C and taken them 2 pts clear at the top with a game in hand.

Relegation canditates Plymouth arrived at NA hoping to resurect their season after balancing above the drop zone. They were boosted my my decision to rest kep players and once again give those on the fringes a chance to shine. On form Riise, the impressive Pongolle and the lanky Crouch took the score to 3-0 at the turn and from there decided to cruise and allow 2 conceded goals to make the fans sit on the edge and grind out a 3-2 home win.

Hamman and MOM Crouch both get 2 week lay offs to recover from minor injuries. With Wolves coming up we would need to be at full strength to compete.

Molineux was next stop for my high flyers. Wolves was not going to be an easy task, especially away from home. In the end, it was the home side that took the points in a 2-0 win. Liverpool spurned chances and totally dominated the game but it was not meant to be their day and a disappointed board told them the same.

For a second month in a row Palace's defender Borrowdale has got the young player award in front of Agger and this has alerted me to the fact that this guy @ 21 could be a good player to get on my books. McCarthy @ Black Cats get the manager award for 4 wins out of six versus my 4 wins out of 5. In the senior awars, we dont get a nominee, but confidence in the squad is still high. We 3 pts clear at the top with a game in hand and won 7 from 9 with 2 losses and no draws as yet.

October still saw us on top of the pile. Doncaster are the strongest side in the league and they have to be to hold up 23 other clubs. This month on paper looked a good one for the Reds. Apart from Cardiff in the LC, the C games were against lowly opposition, only Watford and Millwall in 11th and 12th were worth a look at. But at the end of the day, we still need to put in the hard yards to get the results.

With Luton visiting NA, I gave players a chance once again, the C is much easier to do that than the PL and you expected to win and dominate the division. This was justified by first half goal by Cisse and a first ever for Hofland at Liverpool. Cisse got another from the spot before Luton pulled back a goal only for Cisse to claim the match ball in the 70th minute. Cisse picked up the match ball, MOM and his 14th of the season.

With this being the game in hand, Liverpool now held a comfy 6 point cushion at the top.

Crouch injured and Kewell on internation duty were the only 2 out of the team for Liverpools away trip to Pride Park to take on Derby. Gone are the days of Peter Shiltons heroics in the old first division then dominated by Liverpool, they were a struggling team lucky to be in the C and only able to fight relegation season after season. Braces from Cisse and Nando ensured that Derby kept their tag and that no heroics would be performed against Liverpool on this day.

Other relegated side Fulham came to the NA with Gerrard on the bench replaced by D' Allesandro for the clash. Fulham struggling to come to terms with the C after the drop were in 12th and no signs of promotion as it stood. It took an injury time winner from Garcia to take the game 1-0 and ensure that Mo Al Fayed spends more time running the club and buying players to survive than rapping with Ali G.

The Den was the next raod trip to be taken and in this Area of London, you have no choice but to accept the hostile reception when you run onto the field. The cries of 'No one likes us, no one likes us, we dont care, we are Millwall, we are Millwall from the den'.

Kewells MOM performance along with a brace from Nando and the other from Garcia had the travelling fans singing 'You got bark but no bite, we are Liverpool, we are the Reds and we kicked your ass at the Den'. The only sour note to the day apart from the lemon in my tequila's, was the news that Cisse would be out for a month injured.

Another blow was delivered. Reina has also been rules out for a month and that means Crouch and Dudek will get extended runs in the side with Pongolle and Carson awaiting a slight chance of first team footy.

The 3rd round of the LC was PL high flyers Cardiff to NA. A team touted to be relegated right away was proving the critics wrong and sitting pretty at 7th in the PL. This would be Liverpools hardest challenge of the seaon. Even though a big task and ask, We have decided to keep the same ortation going and playing those in the wings. This would be a big test to the club as a whole. Goals either side of the half from now bench player D' Allesandro and Pongolle gave Reds a 2-1 win and a passage into the next round.

Liverpool draw big guns Chelski in the LC and will have to go full strength to have any chance of staying the the cup hunt.

15th place Stoke who are on a run of 4 unbeaten games come to NA for a match that all Reds players will want to impress to get a run v the Chelski. Pongolles first half opener was dampened to the injury of Garcia. With Zenden taking his place and a few other injuries, it would be closely contested in the 2nd half. Carra's assist for Nando doubled the lead and all the pts stayed at NA. Garcia injury has ruled him out for min 3 weeks and will be missed, he has been a revalation in that AMC role and it will need to be filled in his absence.

The final game in October is a trip to Vicarage Road, where we will hopefully singing in the terraces and not listening to Watfors Elton Johns crap from the stands. D' Allesandro and Gerrard are both benched for the game to give them much needed rest. Zenden and Pongolle fill their spots in the starting XI. Watford offered little in most parts of the pitch and it was no surprise that Liverpoll trounced them 4-1. A brace from Nando, Kewell and Crouch, who even missed a late penalty (Where have we seen that before???).

After 17 games, we had won 15 and were 10 points clear at the top of the table. Things were looking bright for the Red half of Liverpool and would surely be competing against their neighbours before long.

A report from the board indicated that the club lost 1.5 million and was doing so each month with the huge wage bill. In the transfer window, a few players might have to leave to fill up the coffers, but they will be lesser players in the club if I had anything to do with it.

At the end of the month, it was Nando who got the player of the month acolade and Kewell was also up there. Agger once again was in the mix and proving to be a star for the future who had already settled in as a first team player making Hyypia and Hofland fight for the other spot. With Carra and Riise on the flanks, the defense was looking solid as a rock.

I won my 2nd Manager of the month award for winning 6 from 6 and taking 18 pts, but without the players doing their bit I am but just a pawn in the game.

With the team in such good form, the players are obviuosly enjoying life and ensuring the Reds get back where they belong.

In the nets, Dudek has prooven his ability in the absense of injured Reina and will keep the spot for the time being. Carson and Kirlland are only hoping for first team action at this point.

The defense has been solid only leaking 19 goals, less than a goal a game. Riise with 5 goals is the pick of the defense with Agger also in fine form and quickly becoming a fan favourite.

In the middle its no surprise that the AMC are the top scorers with Garcia 6 and Pongolle 4. Alonso has also won back his place and cemented with fine performances from the DMC role that he plays so well.

The strikers are on fire. Cisse who has been out for a month so far and still in the physio's room has netted 16 with Nando on 13. Crouchy has 7 while stading in for Cisse.

November is a bit quite with only 3 C games v QPR, Blades and Blackpool with the LC tie against Chelski.

For our trip to QPR, we are at full strength with only 2 positional changes. Pongolle takes up position next to Nando with Crouch warming the bench and D' Allesandro takes over in the AMC position. It was maybe 2 changes to many as QPR condemn Liverpool to only their 3 defeat of the season and totally against the run of play. 2-1 was the score with a disallowed goal and 11 shots on target. One of those games where you should never lose after dominating like that, but its called life...and footy.

On a happy note, we welcome back Reina, Garcia and Cisse after long term injuries. They will all slowly work for places in the side and get much needed fitness and game time.

The Blades make the trip to NA with determination after a string of good results that see them 2nd in the table only 7 pts behind Liverpool. A victory either way can close it to 4 or stretch it to 10, these are the make or break games that determine a season. Reina gets a start after injury. Hofland comes in for the injured Agger and Garcia is suspended for getting a red in the reserve game. 16 goal Cisse also comes into the side to carry on his good work although it may take him tome to settle after a long lay off. Pongolle also replaces D' Allesandro in the starting line up.

Back to winning ways for the table toppers with a 2-0 win thanks to goals from Pongolle and Nando. Both Reina and Cisse came through unscathed and it look as though their injury woes are behind them. We just need to test Garcia and make sure we back to full strength.

Young defender Borrowdale from Palace is my main target and is a player who will do well at the Reds in time to come. With Hyypia already 33, we need an able replacement and Borrowdale will be the one to fill his boots. With over 10 u/21 caps and a few goals, he belongs to come to the PL with Liverpool. Offers of 500k, 750k, 1 million, 1 million with a 20% sell on clause have all been rejected and we now await a 1.5 million bid. With over 5 million in the kitty, he will be a Liverpool player sooner rather than later.

With Blackpool in 17th position, there were few people who expected any other result in the game and that all the pts should stay with the home side Liverpool. The defense needed a reshuffle with injuries. Riise and Finnan took the flanks and Hyypia was joined by Carra in the middle. Garcia also got a start after injury and suspension.

In another sorid twist to the must win games, Nando scores a late equaliser to rescue a point and help the Reds draw for the first time this season.

All in all, not a great month with only 4 pts from 9 and the biggest test of the season v Chelski still to come.

Chelski come to NA for the first time. In the past at old Anfield there were always battles. With Chelski now been run by the Roman mafia, they had the money and dominated. Liverpool played a full strength side in a comp they so need to do well in to get revenue for the club who has steadily lost income due to big wages and running costs and are sitting on a palty 450k in the bank which will soon be gobbled up. Never mind to mention that the Chelski squad boasted Drogba, SWP, Robbem, Essien, Terry, Gallas, Cole, Eidur, Chivu and Cech.

Things really started to look ominous for the home side when Drogba scored after just 4 minutes. And then as suddenly as they were under pressure, they rose abve it all and turned the game around with a brace from Cisse and Garcia to take the score to 3-1 at the break. In the 2nd half, Chelski tried all they could and it was that man that all fans were waiting to fire on all cylinders again Cisse who for the hat-trick and the game ball and the path into the next round. a convincing 4-1 win v Chelski. The fans in the terraces were singing 'You will never walk alone' and then broke out into 'We did it again to the mafia, so sorry to Jose and Roman'.

Not surprisingly, at the end of the short month, no players or management had any chance of recognition for good work. The worst month since we had been in the C. Our only consolation was that we thrashed Chelski, there would still be lots to do though with Gooners and ManUre still in the LC. Lucky, if that, we drew Vill away in the 1/4 finals and will have a tough job to make the semi finals.

December was going to be make or break for the squad, and a squad is what would have to be used. 8 games in the month including the away game to Villa and the December games and top of the table clashes to boot.

Although Coventry were lowly in the table, with out Gerrard suspended and Kewell injured, it would always be a tough task to go to get all 3 pts. And a tough task it was and still coming home empty handed. Liverpool twice rallied back into contention only to lose 4-3 to the Sky Blues. It becoming evident that the January transfer will bring a 1 or 2 new faces and see a couple go. There needs to be a shake up if Liverpool want to win the league and go home to the PL.

Liverpool will also face a tough away task to Leicester of the C.

Palace seem to be holding out to keep unhappy Borrowdale with a 2 million bid rejected. Palace eventually accept a 2.5 million bid for the player and with personal terms a formality, Borrowdale will be coming to NA in January.

With a home game v bottom side Doncaster, the Reds have put out all the squad players to get a run and give a much needed rest to the main players in the side. Pongolle who was subbed in the Coventry game for bad performance makes up for it with a first half brace. After the break, Cisse on for the injured Zenden makes it 3-0 and thats how it stays. Back to winning ways for the table toppers.

With bad news that Zenden and Kewell are out for a month each, it is made lighter that Borrowdale has agreed to personal terms and will debut for Liverpool in January. Hamann also returns to the squad after a lay off.

Our next challenge is Palace away and a game v Borrowdale before he joins the Reds. Palace are 6 pts behind in 2nd and have gone 5 games unbeaten. This game will can once again be a 3 pts swing for the winners and a pressure game of note.

Garcia strikes early to give Liverpool a 1-0 lead and on 13 minutes Cisse scores but is adjugded to be off side. However only 3 minutes later Pedersen scores and own goal to make it 2-0 but makes amends and get one for Palace on the beak to take it to 2-1 Reds. Borrowdale stand up to be counted and let us know why we paid 2.5 million for him as he stops every attacked and sets up the equaliser and shortly after celebrates with his soon to be ex team mates as Pedersen scores from the spot to win the game and close the gap to 3 pts.

Sunderland make the trip to NA for the clash with out fo form Liverpool. D' Allesandro and Hofland come in for injured Kewell and out of form Hyypia. Goals from Cisse, Nando and sub Crouch make it 3-0 before 2 very late goals give the score some respecability to Sunderland. With Palace drawing away, the gap stretches ever so slightly.

With 15 days till the transfer window opens, suddenly the market is a buzz with offers and queries for and from all sides. Riise is once again the subject of a quick return to the PL but 4.8 million will not do the trick from the Gooners. I will accept a swap deal for a player in the same position if the player is worthy.

We visit Villa in midweek for the LC 1/4 and play at a PL venue for the first time this season. The villians lived up to their nickname and stole the show with a resounding 3-1 over the Reds and let them know why they were playing the C instead of the PL.

10th place Hull host us at the Circle and Kewell is a major boost after injury and slots in at LM. Garcia in his usual AMC role gets the score ticking before Morias dives in the box and converts the controversial penalty. Kewell back to form then sets up Nando before Hull equalise again only to fall to 2 more late goals from Nando as he takes the match ball and the pts for the away side.

Elland Road lies in wait for boxing day footy against 6th placed Leeds, who incidentally are one of a handful of sides to take 3 pts from NA earlier in the season. With Cisse suspended, Crouch partners Nando and the shock in selection is Riise playing LM to rest Kewell who is still trying to get fitness and Traore slotting into LB.

Nando get the lead for the Reds before it all gos wrong before the half, Traore get a red card and leaves him team mates to battle it out for the 2nd half. Just after the break, Nando comes off for D'Allesandro and Alonso, Gerrard and Riise pull back and leave Crouch alone. Liverpool ground out a win and a very good win under the circumstances and more importantly a win.

Nando takes player of the month and Sissoko get in the young player nominations for a few good performances.

Borrowdale joins the club officially and makes his first mistake at the press conference by saying it will be hard to live upto the inflated price tag put on him.

January wont be any easier for the Reds with 5 games and an FA cup tie. Ipswich and probably the hardest currently in 4th in the table.

Reds travel to Portman Road to face 4th place Ipswich and give a run on debut to Borrowdale at the expense of Riise who get a bench place and is ready in the wings should the debut prove to be to much for the u/21 England international. MOM Kewell inspires as Cisse nets a brace but the story is the debut of Borrowdale who got stuck in and played out of his boots. He played the full 90 minutes and is good cover for Riise which could see Traore ousted from the club.

Reading come to NA and face a Reds side with Riise back in the line up and Crouch getting a rare start in front of Nando. Hofalnd is the rock in defense as Liverpool came back from a goal down to win 3-1 at home. Crouch setting up Cisse just before the break. Nando and D' Allesandro replaced Crouch and Kewell at the break and it was D' Allesandro that assisted in Nando's first and then Cisse for Nando's second.

With all the dealing in the transfer market, I didnt even notice the FA Cup tie v Leicester creep up on us. A away tie at the Walkers stadium. With Cisse 1st half goaling taking the sides into teh break at 1-1 I asked the players for one more goal. Stevie G lead from the front and got that goal only to be copied by both Nando and Garcia to make it a comfy 4-1 away win and book a place in the next round.

The Monday draw sees Liverpool once again travel, this time to Huddersfield.

Wednesday come to NA to avenge defeat earlier in the season. Borrowdale once gets the nod in front of sought after Riise who is attracting bids in excess of 5 million and Crouch also starts. Reina is the star for Liverpool and keeps a clean sheet and Crouch sets up Alonso in the first have only for Alonso to return the favour in the 2nd half for a comfy 2-0 win and with other teams slipping, Liverpool open up a 10 point lead once again.

Kenilworth Road hosted league leaders Liverpool and with a Luton side playing with relegation, if would be a hard job to keep off a full strength Liverpool side. Not even a Cisse haeder could inspire a lack lustre Liverpool to get all the points in a drab 1-1 draw. The gap is still 10 pts as the other clubs fail to capitalise on the away draw.

Taking no chances, Liverpool play a full strength side v Huddersfiels away in the FA Cup 4th round with the winners having the right to take on QPR away in the 5th. The game ended 5-1 to the visitors with Nando getting 1st half brace and Cisse a brace in the 2nd half with sub Crouch getting the 5th for the Reds.

Although another awardless month for the Reds, Alonso was in with the goals of the month and myself in the nominee for manager of the month.

The transfers window has closed and it was not all to good for the Reds. Borrowdale was bought in and no other players were looked at. I felt we are dominating and not worth spending needless money for players not yet needed.

On the other hand some players signed elsewhere and are leaving at the end of the season.

I bid a fond farwell to Hamann to Rostock for 425k and at 33 with only 3 starts, I wish him luck in his career back in Germany. In the end, he was battling for a place with both Alonso and Sissoko and I went for the youth.

30 year old Finnan signs for Blackburn on a free when his contract expires and will be good to lose that wage for a player who has only made 9 appearances this season.

After 1 game, Carson leaves for 800k to Norwich but I will still pay 5k per week to get rid of him.

The USA defender Whitebread also left for 250k to Forest where he will get first team opportunities. Although a good player, there was to much class in the Reds defense for him to stake a claim in the side.

Traore Idmzaj were supposed to go for 2 million and 775k but the windon ran out and thats close to 3 million i lost in transfer money that could help the club clear the 4.6 million debt they currently in.

February will have a lot of games shoves into a short space of time. Most notably Derby, Leciester and Wolves as well as QPR in the FA Cup.

With an injury crisis in defense, Hofland and Borrowdale start in for injured Agger and Hyypia. Kewell is also out replaces by D' Allesandro for the visit to the Walkers Stadium. Garcia, Nando and Cisse give the Reds a 3-0 in the break with the defense holding out as solidly as the regulars. The side consolidates in the second half and keep the ball to record yet another clean sheet and all the spoils and points.

Forest came to NA with ex Reds players Whitebread and Abel Xavier the drug taking Porra. Also in the side is Bothroyd on load from PL outfit Charlton. A late goal from Cisse saved the Reds blushes with a disappointing 1-1 draw at home.

A trip to 15th place Plymouth would be a harder task than originally though due to the side announcing they would play an ultra defensive pattern v the champs elect. Clearly this did not effect the Liverpool players who tore into the defense and held a 4-0 half time lead. Carra (Yes, Jamie Carragher) got on the sheet as well as a brace from Nando. Garcia also got in on the act but failed to get a brace when he had his penalty that led to the red card of Jarvis saved well by the Plymouth keeper. Nnado got his 3rd and the match ball and Morris ensured the home side would end the game with only 9 players.

QPR awaited us in the 5th round of the FA Cup and Pongolle made it 1-1 and thats how it ended. Crouch took the blame for the draw and rematch at NA with a missed peanut in the 85th minute of the game.

If Liverpool can win the reply, they will face either Man City or Brentford in the 6th round of the cup.

PNE came to NA with little hope after a bad result for the Reds in the cup tie v QPR. Captain Stevie G lead from the front and headed in a free kick before the break to give the Reds a valuble 1-0 lead. With PNE getting an undeserved leveller, it was that man Nando that saved blushed and hit a sweet volley to take all the points and leave PNE looking every bit like a L1 team as the PL sides had done to the Reds the season before.

Derby were to face and unchanged 11 at NA. Liverpool were back on form and apart from the QPR draw in the cup, there we on course to take the title. Stevie G was looking goal shy at one stage once again tool charge and put the Reds into the lead. Stevie G scored the winner in the first half and although Derby applied loads of pressure late in the game, Johnsons red card killed off any chance of saving a point as they had to go all defensive in order not to concede another.

After 35 games, the Reds were 10 pts clear with a game in hand and ever seemingly looking like the side to win the league and get promotion back to the PL at the first try of asking.

The replay v QPR would be a risky affair by playing the squad players and resting the main team. We would prefer to wrap up the title earlier than later and we looking good to do so. Once we had done that we would give valuble game time to the squad players to gear them up for the season ahead. With no score in normal time, it all got exciting when sub Nando scored in the 116th minute and look to give the home side the win, but in the 188th minute QPR struck a goal to take the tie in a dreaded penalty shoot out. Cisse and Nando got scored while Dudek kept out 2 with awesome saves. Captain Stevie G missed to ensure the tension but after Carra scored it was down to QPR to keep themselves in it and failed to do so by hitting the penalty wide of the target and causing scenes similar to those of Turkey what now seems all that time ago and into the 6th round to face Man City.

Carra and myself get nominees in monthly awards but nothing concrete. Discussing it with Carra he seems worried about little and states that he knows we going home to the PL as C winners. I am please with teh attitude of the players and see that the whole squad have good morale and are doing this for the team. The players that have gone were the poison in the side and this bunch of lads will do the Reds proud next season.

Our next challenge is to take the 3 pts from Craven Cottage who with us and Sunderland were relegated from the PL last season. A dull 1-1 draw was all both sides could muster up in this boring clash. Nando got the goal but the Reds were lucky to get apoint after what seemed a legitimate goal was disallowed and will surely have Coleman moaning in the press.

After a 3-0 mauling at the Den, Millwall bus it from London to NA with their little support to cheer them on. Much quieter after the drubbing their precious Lions took in the first game, the Millwall fans took in the atmosphere of a big club and were only there to enjoy the day. Stevie G, Nando and Alonso miss the starting 11 for this clash and with Riise injured, it is a weakened Liverpool side.

In the change rooms after the game, players saw a side to me they had never before seen. After letting in an 84th minute goal to draw 1-1 I told the players in no uncertain terms that they embarred the club on the pitch today. The Lions walked away a happy lot with 1 point from 2 shots on target. Liverpool however had 7 different players have a pot shot and landed 13 from 29 shots on target with only Crouch getting it right.

After a 2-0 win at home v Stoke, Liverpool were determined after the Millwall embarresment to get a similar result and all 3 pts. Borrowdale was still in for injured Riise and a shock switch saw Kewell moved to AMC and D' Allesandro to ML with Garcia dropped for lack lustre performances. In defense the aging Hyypia was also dropped for Hofland to partner Agger. This seemed to wake the Reds in top gear as they raced to a 3-1 half time lead through Hofland, repaying his manager for giving him a chance, and a Cisse brace. Cisse got the match ball in the 2nd half and afforded the Reds a sought after victory. It was a welcome relief and the first win in 3 games.

In shock news, it was reported today that 33 year old keep Dudek, who was a hero in Instanbul, has rejected an offer from the Reds to keep him for the rest of his career and has signed for the Villians on a Boasman.

I issued a statement to the press stating that if a player want regualr footy I will not stop them from leaving. But for his considered back stabbing, Liverpool fans were pleased that I have stuck him in the reserve side and promoted Kirkland to the squad.

Wolves came to visit NA. Borrowdale was still in for Riise and an itching Garcia was released to cause havoc and prove me wrong that i should not have dropped him. Unfortuneatly, he could not cause the havoc wanted and came off injured in a drab 1-1 draw after Hofland gave away a needless peanut late in the game.

After 39 games we on 90 pts and along with Shef Utd and Palace reached the play offs, but the Reds are clear by 8 pts and want the title.

Borrowdale was having an extended run in the side while Riise is away and Hofland is suspended and replaced by Hyypia for the visit of QPR at NA. This season they have caused endless problems to the Reds and once agaon held out for a goalless draw and cut the lead to 6 pts at the top with 6 games to go.

Riise is a grateful return to the side after injury but Alonso is out of the FA Cup tie with Man City in the 6th round. Another 0-0 draw and Liverpool are facing a home replay and also a problem of not being able to put game away, especially after all the chances are created.

If the Reds can overcome City in the replay, they will face the Hammers in the semi finals.

Man City visit NA with ex Red Warnock playing at LB for the away side. This is the 2nd consecutive replay in FA Cup ties and already 2 games to much than should have been played. Garcai put the Reds ahead in the first half and it would always be hard for Man City, especially when Distin got his red card early in the 2nd half. It created gaps for Cisse to score a late brace and run our 3-0 winners and progress to the next round.

Awaiting Liverpool in the semi finals is West Ham while Chelski take on Owen and the Magpies.

God is coming home. A fantastic free transfer sees 31 year old Robbie Fowler sign a contract to return to his club since his 01/02 tranfer to Leeds. Although he wont be a regular, his experience will be used wisely and also ensure that a 4th stiker is available for the PL next year. In a statement, he express his delight at coming to Liverpool, a club so close to his heart. My reaction to that was its great to have God home where he belongs.

In the top of the table clash v 2nd place v the Blades, Warnock tries to battle it out in the press. With us 3 pts in front, this game will be important to keep the title on track. Our only change in a boyant side is Kewell out for D' Allesandro. Warnock looks a bit shell shocked at the half after trailing 3-0 after all 3 forwards in the form of Garcia, Cisse and Nando get on the sheet. In a pathetic 2nd half, we concede 3 goals for the Blades to snatch a draw against the champions elect and worse news to follow is that Nando is our for a week and Reina for a month. After lambasing the players, I retire to the Blades cheap pub in their boardroom and have a drink from their nest whiskey, First Watch. (Not sure if you get it over in the UK, but its the cheapest and diriest whiskey in South Africa and costs like ZAR25.00 per bottle...thats about GBP2.00)

Until the title is won, each and every game is important and the visit of 18th place Watford is no exception. Bar a few injuries, we have our storngest side on the park. Hofland the Jeckyl and Hyde of the side once again is the star man and a rock in the back 4. Stevie G scores his 5th of the season and a Cisse goal gives the Reds a vital 2-0 win. With 19th place Derby upsetting Warnocks Blades 2-0 and dropping to 3rd and Palaces 3-0 away win, we are now 8 pts clear at the top with 4 to play.

Out game v Blackpool away would not be an easy task. Another side scared of the Liverpool attack had a staunch defense determinded to have bodies behind the ball and drown any attack thrown at them. Alonso and Pongolle scored 1 each in the 1st to ensure they were on track to the title. After the Pool pulled one back, a quick brace from Cisse killed of any hope of a comeback, unlike the Blades game the Reds ensured they killed off the opposition to earn the pts and with both Palance and Utd failing to win, the Reds had won the C title. No one at the club saw this as a major victory as we were playing in a lower league, just scant consolation for our relegation this time a year ago.

The Reds had made it back at the first try of asking and the best part is that it kept the main squad who wanted to fight for their club.

As promised, once the title was secure all the squad players would play in every game they were fit for. And v Coventry at NA, this is what happened and would do for the next 2 games as well.

It was time to start focusing on the new season ahead and hopefully get a decent transfer kitty to buy a few new editions to the side.

Goals from Cisse and Sissoko either side of the half give the home side a 2-1 win and pushes the goals for and pts for over the 100 mark for the season.

Our FA Cup semi final v Hammers will be a big game for the club. Now getting used to beating PL teams, the Reds have a 4-1 hiding to take revenge on. Robbie Folwer who is currently at Man Vity has warned of the Konchesky threat in the Hammers defence. The game is Liverpools first at the rebuilt Wembley stadium in North London.

West Ham were looking confident before the start of the game but it took only 19 secs for Nando to make it 1-0. Stevie G made it 2-0 on 8 mins and 3-0 when Kewell set up Garciaon 20 mins. West Hams shock was to continue to the half as Cisse and Nando scored again to give the Reds a 5-0 half time lead.

The second half was no better as Cisse got his 2nd before the Hammers made it 6-1 on the hour. Cisse completed his hat rick on 68 mins to make it 7-1. Nando also got in on the hat trick game to make it 8-1 and Cisse's 4th og the game for 9-1. The Hammers did get another to make it 9-2 but the game was long over and the Wembley side with Hammers fans had left for the short trip home as the Reds fans took over London and Liverpool for the night.

Newcastle would be the other finalists after beating Chelski 2-1 in the other semi finals.

The away game to Doncaster saw the squad players coming back in but this result was not a thought, only the impending FA Cup Final at Wembley v Newcastle. A 90th minute winner from Crouch gave the Reds a 3-2 win as the squad build confidence for the final.

The last game of the C sees Hull come to NA to face the squad players. a D' Allesandro goal sees that the Reds take 1 point from a tired performance. After the 46 games, the Reds have dominated and going home to the PL.

On a sour note, Liverpool have all 3 keepers on the injury list. Dudek, Reina and Kirkland all out and a fight to see who will be fit to stand in goad during the final showpiece.

I once again got the manager of the month and Cisse a goal of the month, but my question was where are the players in the awards? They do all the hard graft on the pitch and having won the title should have had a few nominees at least. The board also indicated that we made a 1.9 million profit for the month and that is a relief for the club coffers.

12th May, the biggest moment in my managerial career. We may have won the C, but nothing compared to a game of this magnitude.

For us we only had 1 keeper, Reina, in the squad so took a big risk in not having a spare on the bench. Owen would not be facing his old club as he was suspended.

The first half was a tight but boring contest battled out in the midfield, that was until drama in the 38th minute when Taylor took away Nandos legs in the box. After consulting with the linesman, the penalty was awarded and Garcia put the Reds 1-0 up and it stayed that way till the half was over.

The last third of the game had all the excitement as Lucarelli made it 1-1 after sloppy Liverpool defending, but Nando set up Cisse 2 mins later to take the lead back. Cisse's 50th goal of the season. Luque soon after that scored to make it 2-2 but luckily for the Reds fans, it was off sides and the socre remained at 2-1. With time running out and Newcastle pressurising the Reds box, the game was made safe after Nando set up Cisse for his second of the day on a counter attack and make it 3-1 and end the game.

The FA Cup had also come home to NA. The fans were singing my name in the terraces as the players did a lap of honour after Stevie G help aloft the famous trophy.

The season was made more memorable for me by taking the manager of the year award, but there were bigger an better things to come for the Reds next season, if I had anything to do with it at least.

When a top team like Liverpool gets relegated, you would expect all the players to want to leave or at least the season pros to get snapped up at cut price by the big boys. Strangely enough, not this Liverpool side, of course there were a few but no big name players. My biggest player to go was Hamann and that was with my blessing. At 33 he was only 3rd choice and all he had done for the Reds since joining from Newcastle, it was the least I could do to let him enjoy the rest of his career.

Other players of any interest who left were Mellor, Diao, Welsh, Cheyrou, Le Tallec, Josemi and Carson. None of these players were ever going to feature in my squad so I took the 6.75 million and gave them a hadn shake and kick up the ass as they left.

I only bought in 1 player and that was young Borrowdale for 2.5 from Palace. He played well as a back up for Riise and gained first team experience that will only help his career.

My only other dealing in the market is God, or Robbie Folwer to the Reds who comes in for free before the new season starts. We however lose 33 year old Dudek to Villa and 31 year old Finnan to Blackburn.

My squad of players was used at my disposal, at time it worked well and other times was a disaster of note. Here is my sumary of the season.

Dudek played well as a backup player and will be missed considering my only keeper is the ever injured Kirkland. Dudek played 18(1) games and got 2 MOM awards.

Kirkland will be a player Im wanting to replace in the new season and made 1 appearance.

Reina also with 2 MOM from 39 games played an important role in the side and will feature as my number 1 again next season.

Carra was a rock at RB and scored 1 goal (yes, you heard correct) and 11 assists from 47(2) games.

Agger was bought in the relegation season but played more games for the club than any other player at CD. 51(1) with 2 assists, he is now established in the team.

Hofland who will be the replacement for Hyypia played 26(3) with 2 goals, 3 assists and 2 MOM.

Hyypia at 33 is getting on but had a typical season with 38(3), he didnt score but made and assist and get a MOM.

Borrowdale cost 2.5 and at 21 was worth teh funds paid. A back up for Riise he played 14(2) and managed an assist.

Finnan is leaving the club and played 14 games and making 2 assists, it would have been his last season with the club regardless of his actions.

Riise, my personal favourite, also impressed and has awesome stats as a LB with 5 goals, 14 assists and 3 MOM from 40(2) games.

Archived